Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

personally 30 bucks seems like money that could be spent on something more worthwhile than reading upset internet comments but maybe i should be posting that in the 5 figgy thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
vessyl hasn't shipped yet :toot:

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Suspicious Dish posted:

I had fun with it, and those kinds of games really are right up my alley.

I don't trust Tim Schafer, but the great thing is that for $30 I can get the schaudenfraude and see everyone lose faith in DF again. So I backed it, mostly to see itself implode over time.

Additionally, Psychonauts is one game I actually know a lot of secrets about, because I am one of the only people (if not the only person) to own leaked internal secrets about.

this sounds suspiciously like start citizen rationalization tbh

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

it was an n64 collectathon but for your PC and in 2005

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

what a dumb idea for a product

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
trenchediron brigade was solid, wasn't it?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

JawnV6 posted:

trenchediron brigade was solid, wasn't it?

the only game that they've made that was actually a failure was space base, they're a solid little company that makes cute little games at a steady clip but that the Internet hates because of gamergate

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

want to start a kick to have these two guys fight to the death using only their mason jar and leather straps,. and the winner should get the losers funding also

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

As a Millennial I posted:

personally 30 bucks:30bux: seems like money that could be spent on something more worthwhile than reading upset internet comments but maybe i should be posting that in the 5 figgy thread

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

want to start a kick to have these two guys fight to the death using only their mason jar and leather straps,. and the winner should get the losers funding also

how about a mason jar with a bottle opener

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

how about a mason jar with a bottle opener

how about maybe botuli.sm

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Al! posted:

the only game that they've made that was actually a failure was space base, they're a solid little company that makes cute little games at a steady clip but that the Internet hates because of gamergate

broken age was late and also not good because they ran out of money halfway through
spacebase was a scam that should have destroyed crowdfunding

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Luigi Thirty posted:

it was an n64 collectathon but for your PC and in 2005

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

i played the first 2? worlds or something and it was alright but it wasnt good in any way.

but literally what luigi said, it was 100% an n64 game

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Sham bam bamina! posted:

bartleby is e/n and ignatius is more of a sad puppy than a goon, the true avatar of yospos is the underground man
i had to look this up, but yep, yospos as gently caress

quote:

The Underground Man is extremely alienated from the society in which he lives. He feels himself to be much more intelligent and “conscious” than any of the people he meets. However, he is aware that his consciousness often manifests itself as a skepticism that prevents him from having confidence in any of his actions. This skepticism cripples him and keeps him from participating in “life” as other people do. The Underground Man constantly analyzes and second-guesses every thought and feeling he has. He is therefore incapable of making decisions about anything.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

As a Millennial I posted:

personally 30 bucks seems like money that could be spent on something more worthwhile than reading upset internet comments but maybe i should be posting that in the 5 figgy thread

seriously. even if you like double fine/psychonauts why would you waste $30 on it now when you can just wait 5 years for it to come out and buy it for $30 (or less) if it's any good

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

~Coxy posted:

seriously. even if you like double fine/psychonauts why would you waste $30 on it now when you can just wait 5 years for it to come out and buy it for $30 (or less) if it's any good

I don't think you quite get crowdfunding

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
crowdfunding is a test of the theory that people who preorder are willing to do so even before a product exists

the theory is correct

yippee cahier
Mar 28, 2005

we are professional game makers and the games industry is doing great but for some reason no publisher will talk to us about our relatively low budget game. get in on the ground floor!

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Suspicious Dish posted:

Additionally, Psychonauts is one game I actually know a lot of secrets about, because I am one of the only people (if not the only person) to own leaked internal secrets about.

you were like 9 when the game came out

how the hell were you connected to the industry as a 3rd grader

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Also lol

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/sprojector-the-first-powerful-mini-tv-projector#/

No mention of resolution anywhere.

"No noise

Because projector adapts no-fan design and uses solid state drive, it operates quietly without any noise"

further down the page

2,348% funded

this is really obviously not a prototype. this is somebody's finished product that is already being manufactured at scale.

someone found crates of these lovely things in a warehouse in shenzhen, bought them for pennies, and wants to mark them up $200 for idiot americans

Notorious b.s.d. fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Dec 6, 2015

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

his uncle worked at Nintendo

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
i found the lovely pocket projector on amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CW5DZC6/

literally the only thing that they "prototyped" is the top panel with the logo -- the part that's attached by tape and wires. the rest of it is a standard el cheapo unit purchased in quantity from an electronics mall.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

you were like 9 when the game came out

how the hell were you connected to the industry as a 3rd grader

iirc there was a patch of the pc version that included a bunch of internal documents for some reason

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Improbable Lobster posted:

iirc there was a patch of the pc version that included a bunch of internal documents for some reason

This exactly.

I remember being 9 and wanting to play the original version, but I didn't have an Xbox, and I didn't have money.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
man i totally want one of thesze

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/tempescope-a-box-of-rain-in-your-living-room#/story

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

literally the only thing that they "prototyped" is the top panel with the logo -- the part that's attached by tape and wires. the rest of it is a standard el cheapo unit purchased in quantity from an electronics mall.

haha

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

this actually looks like nice project, value concerns aside

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

they should call it mildewscope

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Al! posted:

they should call it mildewscope

hehehehe

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
how cool would it be if the lightning was due to atmospheric conditions inside the tempecube and not just flashing leds

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

how cool would it be if the lightning was due to atmospheric conditions inside the tempecube and not just flashing leds
it would be but then you'd actually have to engineer it
also noises-flashes at night etcetera

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

it seems like the cool thing to do would be to take the software and controller and then build your own cabinet-sized one of those with your own aquarium pump and LEDs

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

im slightly puzzled wrt lightning. gas discharge lamp seems osha as gently caress, leds seem underwhelming

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

I think there have been a few kickstarters where someone went to alibaba or somewhere and just marketed the item; I think someone got caught trying to do this with a watch a while back

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

lancemantis posted:

I think there have been a few kickstarters where someone went to alibaba or somewhere and just marketed the item; I think someone got caught trying to do this with a watch a while back

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/518000367/lunowear-nature-inspired-nature-made/

http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/6634688700.html?orderId=67000174821006

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/charge-your-phone-twice-as-fast-chargetech

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00Q873I3K/

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00M6QODH2/

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
I remember that one because I contacted indiegogo about it and they didn't do poo poo except say they were "evaluating it to see if it violates their terms of service"

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
Guys having a $400k+ of pledges rug pulled out from under them sounds hilarious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,