Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

thats funny how easy it seems

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

tumor looking batty posted:

thats funny how easy it seems

I also like the shadow of yharnam fight trick where if the last guy left is the fire sword guy you hit him once and stop and he dodges left, and you can do this forever and you will never run out of stam and he will basically be stun locked to death

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I still haven't beat orphan :negative:

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
he's tough. his ovary axe thing has some weird ranges and the projectiles he has in phase 2 can be hard to dodge

Dec 26, 2012

In Training posted:

I also like the shadow of yharnam fight trick where if the last guy left is the fire sword guy you hit him once and stop and he dodges left, and you can do this forever and you will never run out of stam and he will basically be stun locked to death

lol

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

u can parry his first form pretty easily .. TBH my least liked thing about bloodborne is that bosses like gehrman, logarius and maria etc can be parried so easily. but there it is

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
in dark souls and demons souls, if you killed an enemy with one riposte, the sound of you absorbing the souls would be louder than usual. my only problem with bloodborne is that it doesnt do the same.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I don't think it's possible to make V attacks more satisfying than they already are

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
still, beating a boss with four or five beautiful back to back parries is an incredible rush and should be experienced by everyone. the insanely weak ripostes on my pure arcane character make me miss it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The only thing I wanted added to the game is for it to play the LOD's entrance music when you kill a boss with a visceral

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

biggest tip for form 1: when he jumps over you, don't dodge at all and just stay close, then prime a charged r2 before he lands for a backstab. augur of ebrietas works for this is well but it's not as cool. if you're doing a str build don't even bother with the visceral, just hit him with big attacks.

second biggest tip for form 1: he's crazy and scary but staying close is good, its much easier to dodge him when you're close.

about form 2: gently caress his jump in the air aka the camera attack. I love the whole fight except for that move. if you're close to him I have no idea how to dodge it.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

biggest tip for form 1: when he jumps over you, don't dodge at all and just stay close, then prime a charged r2 before he lands for a backstab. augur of ebrietas works for this is well but it's not as cool. if you're doing a str build don't even bother with the visceral, just hit him with big attacks.

second biggest tip for form 1: he's crazy and scary but staying close is good, its much easier to dodge him when you're close.

about form 2: gently caress his jump in the air aka the camera attack. I love the whole fight except for that move. if you're close to him I have no idea how to dodge it.

run towards where he jumped from and he usually misses. like, keep running once you reach the spot where he jumped from, too. cos he can turn around mid air

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
otherwise, i think y ou can dodge through the impact if you learn the timing, although i havent managed it myself yet. theres really only one or two moves in the entire game that cant be dodged straight through with invincibilty frames ... the defiled watchdogs explosion springs to mind QQ.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I really wish this game had a boss fight mode, I want to perfect my boss strategies but once they're dead that's it. imagine running into orphan of kos in a chalice dungeon.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
i always drag kos into the water since his lightning attack lands on the beach, plus the camera doesnt get wedged against scenery

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i dunno if you know this already, but searching for random cursed/fetid/rotted dungeon glyphs is good fun cos youre always guaranteed a tough boss every floor and it doesnt cost any materials. all you have to do is make one dungeon of the same kind of your own beforehand and you can complete other peoples dungeons as many times as you like

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I.N.R.I posted:

i dunno if you know this already, but searching for random cursed/fetid/rotted dungeon glyphs is good fun cos youre always guaranteed a tough boss every floor and it doesnt cost any materials. all you have to do is make one dungeon of the same kind of your own beforehand and you can complete other peoples dungeons as many times as you like

I don't have ps+ right now unfortunately, but I might grab it in january. though bloodborne's the only game I'd use it for since I'm getting dark souls 3 on pc.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

I really wish this game had a boss fight mode, I want to perfect my boss strategies but once they're dead that's it. imagine running into orphan of kos in a chalice dungeon.

It would be cool if you could go to any boss fight area and spend insight or something to re-fight the boss after you beat them as many times as you want

I'd go re-fight like all the DLC bosses just for fun

Co-oping is fun but for some bosses like Lady Maria it just breaks the boss AI and isn't very fun

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I feel like most of the bosses are too easy in Coop. As a rule I usually do everything solo and then on the next run I do everything coop to see what it's like but the coop fights are just like, one guy kiting the boss around while everyone else just annihilates it without consequence

Yeah Bro
Feb 4, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

otherwise, i think y ou can dodge through the impact if you learn the timing, although i havent managed it myself yet. theres really only one or two moves in the entire game that cant be dodged straight through with invincibilty frames ... the defiled watchdogs explosion springs to mind QQ.

yeah, you can i-frame through it. I can do it pretty reliably.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

In Training posted:

I feel like most of the bosses are too easy in Coop. As a rule I usually do everything solo and then on the next run I do everything coop to see what it's like but the coop fights are just like, one guy kiting the boss around while everyone else just annihilates it without consequence

I like to be a co-op helper whenever I can but I don't like to summon help (except against Ludwig but that's because I was trying to get the HMS earlier than I should've)

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

In Training posted:

This. I solo every boss the first time and then since I've "paid my dues" I don't mind co-oping even easy bosses in later playthroughs just so they go faster. The point of most later playthroughs is to get specific builds and gear anyway and you don't want it to take forever.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i personally never summon , but ill help other people sometimes. some people will literally just stand around and watch you kill the boss for them. speaking of which, they just added 2 npc summons before the defiled watchdog -________________-;

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I've only seen the one, is there really another?

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I tried using the npc for defiled amygdala but he actually made it harder because I couldn't bait specific attacks. I still can't beat defild amygdala, I've only made it to phase 3 once

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Benny D posted:

I've only seen the one, is there really another?

yeah .. theres the one right outside of the door and the other ones in the big circle lift room . unless i saw some red light and mistook it or something, but i think its prospector olek.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

NPC summons I tried seemed like it made the bosses harder because they almost immediately died and then I was stuck with a doubl HP boss

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

NPC summons I tried seemed like it made the bosses harder because they almost immediately died and then I was stuck with a doubl HP boss

I played around with the confederate guy on ludwig, he has the whirligig so he's not that bad. Bosses are definitely more fun solo imo though, I never ever summon for bosses on my first playthrough of a souls.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the confederate dude is amazing, he can actually dish out damage and remembers to heal himself. but hes only available on some DLC fights i think :(

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I finally died to ameila on ng+! she ultra comboed me in the corner.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Just found the first shortcut of bloodborne...platinum here I come.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I just found out weapons can transform and also that locking is almost always bad so I just roll up to that bonfire with all the hunters and roll around with r1 r1 l1 l1 like a sir until everyone is dead instead of kiting them all for 10 mins.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You just found out weapons can transform?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I just found out weapons can transform and also that locking is almost always bad so I just roll up to that bonfire with all the hunters and roll around with r1 r1 l1 l1 like a sir until everyone is dead instead of kiting them all for 10 mins.

Locking on is good against enemies your size because the sidestep dodge it lets you do is faster and covers more distance than the unlocked roll dodge

Locking on is almost always bad against really big enemies, it makes the camera go nuts

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

In Training posted:

You just found out weapons can transform?

Yeah. I pressed l1 when I only had fists it it didn't do anything and then I was talking to my coworker the today and he was telling me about transforming weapons and I realised it wasn't something you unlock later.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nice. You can also do transform combos if you hit L1 mid combo. Some of them are monstrous

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Harrow posted:

Locking on is good against enemies your size because the sidestep dodge it lets you do is faster and covers more distance than the unlocked roll dodge

Locking on is almost always bad against really big enemies, it makes the camera go nuts

It's OK against one or 2 small dudes, but I like being able to change direction in crowds.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

In Training posted:

Nice. You can also do transform combos if you hit L1 mid combo. Some of them are monstrous

Yeah that's what he was telling me about...I don't actually like the cleaver transformed outside of combos tho.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

It's OK against one or 2 small dudes, but I like being able to change direction in crowds.

Yeah being able to pivot on a dime when fighting a big crowd is super important

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Yeah that's what he was telling me about...I don't actually like the cleaver transformed outside of combos tho.

Cleaver is best in normal mode unless you need reach, but its transforming attacks are really good. Ending a combo with an L1 attack is a good idea because it does extra damage.

Saw Cleaver is one of the best weapons in the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Knuc U Kinte posted:

you can just run past those guys if you dont want to fight em