Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Gerblyn posted:

I was thinking of getting it, but the idea that you needed to regularly refill your oxygen sounded annoying. Is it something you can kind of ignore, or do you need to constantly keep an eye on it?

Unless things drastically change at some point it's really not an issue. There are oxygen vents all over the place so all you have to do is stand in one for a couple seconds and your tank will refill. A tank will generally last a long while too unless you're double jumping like crazy.

Oh and if you play claptrap you don't even have to worry about oxygen (what with being a robot and all). If your tank runs out you just can't double jump until you refill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

CJacobs posted:

I dunno how they did it, but Bethesda has somehow become immune to backlash against completely unnacceptable bugs in final releases. Bethesda games being glitched beyond all belief to the point where many people can't even play them or the game becomes unplayable for a multitude of reasons has become expected, and somehow that has become okay instead of ridiculous.

The core thing here is that, justified or no, Bethesda games are seen as complex as hell. In some ways that is true. Not only are they open world games but they're open world games with an absurd number of failure points. Something like The Witcher 3 (which had its own share of bugs) is far simpler. You can only barely interact with the environment or NPCs and in general they smartly designed the game so it can break in as few places as possible. This, combined with the fact that literally nobody else is working in the same genre, tends to mean people will forgive them bugs as long as they're not literally crippling.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

is it belgian

lotta great belgian comics

Tintin owns.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

admataY
Oct 16, 2008
I suddenly own something called BLACKGATE and im not sure what it is and why steam gave it to me . Should I be worried of some account theft shenanigans ?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

admataY posted:

I suddenly own something called BLACKGATE and im not sure what it is and why steam gave it to me . Should I be worried of some account theft shenanigans ?

why would someone steal your account and give you things

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

but fyi the reason is you bought arkham knight and they gave you all the other batman games

admataY
Oct 16, 2008

corn in the bible posted:

why would a human give another humans secret of the magic crystals 2 ? I dont know gamers are weird .
but yeah reading about it apparently it some sort of Werner bros broken port apology gesture . And I didnt even know they made any 2d batman game.

admataY fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Dec 7, 2015

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Judging by how people react to free weekends, the answer is "to psychologically terrorize them"

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

So if you hate the combat in Witcher 3, this is a thing now.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

admataY posted:

And I didnt even know they made any 2d batman game.

There's a reason for this. Don't install it.

Wait for the inevitable UN censure about terrorizing people through free games.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Gilok posted:

So it becomes Yu-Gi-Oh: The Game? I can dig.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Gilok posted:

It's great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPMVQiDv62c

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I didn't know I needed this game. But now I do.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

I feel like it needs some kind of classic Final Fantasy style transition into the card game to really feel complete.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

ImpAtom posted:

The core thing here is that, justified or no, Bethesda games are seen as complex as hell. In some ways that is true. Not only are they open world games but they're open world games with an absurd number of failure points. Something like The Witcher 3 (which had its own share of bugs) is far simpler. You can only barely interact with the environment or NPCs and in general they smartly designed the game so it can break in as few places as possible. This, combined with the fact that literally nobody else is working in the same genre, tends to mean people will forgive them bugs as long as they're not literally crippling.

Yup, Bethesda filling this niche and and the lack of competitors for this type of game kinda gives them a pass cause they're the only guys making these sort of open world games.

poo poo won't really get better unless they get some competition for this type of game.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Gilok posted:

Well poo poo.

This is the only mod the game ever needed.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

I feel like it needs some kind of classic Final Fantasy style transition into the card game to really feel complete.

the second episode of witcher 3 remastered will contain nothing but crossdressing geralt and minigames

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Most games would be good with card-based combat.

Also, the hexcells guy's new game is out.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

mycot posted:

Fun Fact: Criminal Girls is one of a handful of games to be banned from Twitch streaming.
Yeah but this is also banned from Twitch too

Mutation posted:

I stuck with The Crew some more.

Apparently campaign missions just give you poo poo money, and online matches will give you 4~5x the amount. After a couple hours of multiplayer I had $200,000.

Queing up for matches while exploring around and doing random "skill missions" or whatever is a pretty fun loop.

I think I'm liking The Crew.
I was going to pipe up that it's piss easy to earn money by playing the MP or doing the Club missions. I still enjoy The Crew for cruising around and doing nothing but the pricing for Wild Run on PS4 hurts :(

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Drakes posted:

poo poo won't really get better unless they get some competition for this type of game.

Yeah, and it's sort of hard to really justify being that competition.

Something like The Witcher 3 is a much more intelligent starting point for a lot of developers and has shown that it can earn a lot of success and praise on its own. It's a more traditional RPG and structured the way it is you're facing a lot less stress in development. Why would you try to take on Bethesda in their own territory when there's similar territory you can go after that's probably going to be just as successful for you?

It doesn't help that anyone who does it at this point would kinda have to be a newcomer which is even less welcoming to making a game of that style which is more stable and accessible than Bethesda. Most of the major RPG developers are pretty comfortable with their own little niches and anyone looking to get into the genre probably is better off doing a lower-budget indie game than a giant open-world AAA title.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

VolticSurge posted:

So it becomes Yu-Gi-Oh: The Game? I can dig.

Yep.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Joe Gillian posted:

Tintin owns.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I don't know if its coming out on Steam but Paragon is a MOBA being made by Epic and it looks p cool

its pretty at least

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Heeeeey it's Monday!

Super chill click adventure game Hero of the Kingdom is cheap again if you haven't jumped on that yet.

Splatter, that top-down zombie shootin' game I liked so much during Halloween, is down to $4 if you want to take a chance on it. Fans of Shadowgrounds would probably enjoy it.

Paranormal State: Poison Spring looks goofy as poo poo and kinda is, but is also a very polished and pretty lengthy hidden object game.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
The mother loving Bad Rats is on sale again... Time to give each other EPIC Bad Rats Prank Gifts :D

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

freak futanari what is your opinion of anime titty minecraft http://store.steampowered.com/app/339910/

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Dawn of War Retribution is both weekly and daily deal at once.

sethsez
Jul 14, 2006

He's soooo dreamy...

PantsBandit posted:

Of course, the early levels of any Borderlands game are always the best.
Speaking as someone who started up both Borderlands and Borderlands 2 only to put them down shortly after because the guns were lovely and the enemies were boring to fight... that's kinda sad.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

sethsez posted:

Speaking as someone who started up both Borderlands and Borderlands 2 only to put them down shortly after because the guns were lovely and the enemies were boring to fight... that's kinda sad.

it really really is

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Isn't Blackguards supposed to be good? I remember a few people gushing about it on SA in the past.

0lives
Nov 1, 2012

Palpek posted:

*Telltale CEO will remember this*
But of course you know this will have no effect in the story

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

You can get all the Hexcells games for $2.69 which you should do right now. And Squarecells is out today as well!

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Zombie Samurai posted:

Heeeeey it's Monday!

Super chill click adventure game Hero of the Kingdom is cheap again if you haven't jumped on that yet.

Splatter, that top-down zombie shootin' game I liked so much during Halloween, is down to $4 if you want to take a chance on it. Fans of Shadowgrounds would probably enjoy it.

Both of these games are good

:siren: Hexcells Complete Pack for $2.69 :siren:

Saviors - a shmup game that I have enjoyed playing - $0.49

Z - classic game by bitmap brothers - $1.74

Sacred Gold - huge ARPG - $2.49

Zetsubou-san fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Dec 7, 2015

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

sethsez posted:

Yeah if you don't like the early portions of Borderlands games you definitely wont like the later stuff. The novelty of "this assault rifle shoots rockets!" wears off really quickly when your rocket shooting assault rifle can barely scratch a standard enemy.

Pre-Sequel makes things a little bit more interesting by adding double jumping and low gravity though. It makes the fights and traversal more engaging.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Zetsubou-san posted:

Z - classic game by bitmap brothers - $1.74

Sacred Gold - huge ARPG - $2.49

The actual link to Sacred Gold

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

freak futanari what is your opinion of anime titty minecraft http://store.steampowered.com/app/339910/

It looks good

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

i guess i'll find out soon enough - it's only a 415mb download

:shepface:

edit - thank you morter, i fixed it

Zetsubou-san fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Dec 7, 2015

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

HELLDIVERS(tm) is pretty god drat fun and the only game I have paid asking price for in the past 3 years.

Worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

should i buy a ps vita? they look neat

i have a 3ds but never use it

• Locked thread