Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Corrode posted:

For some reason in my head I was thinking of it like the Suarez thing and forgetting one was a WC knockout game and the other was away at Middlesbrough :downs:

Same thing really,

also this hull derby game is reaaaaaal good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

It would be even better if we were level though. Carson's pulled off some great saves.

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

Disappointing result and an annoyingly lack of attempts on target but I still quite enjoyed watching that. Derby played really well, pressed us constantly and forced lots of mistakes.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
lmao at ipswitch literally being stoke

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
I can't see anyone but us and Sheffield Wednesday coming 1st and 2nd after that game

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/bolton-admit-were-unable-pay-6928580

Bolton are done lads.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
ok but they did well to come back against a brentford side tahts 'too good for the championship', where they lie in 11th.

3 huge games for wednesday coming up. could make or break our season. id take draws in the league tbh

TUE 1 DEC 2015 - LEAGUE CUP
StokevSheff Wed
19:45

SUN 6 DEC 2015 - CHAMPIONSHIP
Sheff WedvDerby
13:15

SAT 12 DEC 2015 - CHAMPIONSHIP
CardiffvSheff Wed
15:00

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I think Bolton will be OK.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
theyve certainly got an inspirational manager

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
QPR open talks with Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink don't do it Jimmy

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
The rumours have been rumbling around for a week or two but it seems like it's actually happening. Sucks because he's doing a quality job at Burton but he knows as well as anyone what QPR are like with money

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

If he gets hired, I'm sure a big part of it will be because he will be expected to do it without the crate load of dosh the other bosses have been given.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
I wasn't talking about spending money

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:
I hope reading win imo

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
same but I hope the game becomes less poo poo.

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

Agreed

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

Al habsi is so bad loving hell

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
lmao why did I keep watching

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

Steve Clarke has been sacked and hell, I'm glad

Wazzerphuk
Feb 9, 2001

Hating Chelsea before it was cool
Winner of the PWM POTM for September
Winner of the PWM POTM for January
Co-Winner of the PWM POTM for March
Looks like Fulham played the perfect game in going nearly a month without a manager. Finally, now that he has been shown to be terrible , we can snatch him up.

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
i hope your board are doing the right thing and negotiating to get the michael jackson statue back rather than waste time on a manager

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Hasselbaink as the new QPR manager is official. Quite excited about it although I'm sure we'll manage to turn him to poo poo for 18 months before firing him after which he'll immediately go somewhere else and succeed.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
He'll be really good imo. Successful businessman Tony Fernandes makes a good decision and all it took was 5 years and hundreds of millions of pounds.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Tbf flailing around aimlessly and spending a ton of money before lucking into a winner is a proud British business tradition

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
decent match this.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
good result and performance

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
derby are dirty scum

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
2 points dropped tbh but great performance, we did everything but score

Wazzerphuk
Feb 9, 2001

Sounds like we've hired Stuart Gray. Exciting times down by the river, by which I mean I don't care any more and I wish we could just finish 18th now and be done with it.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
he got us out of league one so hes a good fit for you, if something of a harbeinger of doom

Wazzerphuk
Feb 9, 2001

Well we've hired Gray, but only as "Senior Coach" and the search for someone permanent goes on. Also in the mix is Steve Wigley, with no specified job title.

So we've got Mike Rigg, Alan Curbishley, Stuart Gray and Steve Wigley all doing something or other, but we're also still looking for someone else. Personally, I can't see any issues here.

e: Ah yeah, Steve Wigley is the U18 manager, but will now be alongside Gray on matchdays. As opposed to Peter Grant, who is still a coach, but was caretaker for the last three games. That's all fine then.

Wazzerphuk fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Dec 8, 2015

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

Wazzerphuk posted:

Well we've hired Gray, but only as "Senior Coach" and the search for someone permanent goes on. Also in the mix is Steve Wigley, with no specified job title.

So we've got Mike Rigg, Alan Curbishley, Stuart Gray and Steve Wigley all doing something or other, but we're also still looking for someone else. Personally, I can't see any issues here.

e: Ah yeah, Steve Wigley is the U18 manager, but will now be alongside Gray on matchdays. As opposed to Peter Grant, who is still a coach, but was caretaker for the last three games. That's all fine then.

This seems like a setup. Stand by for Dave Jones.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
The Messiah returns....

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Wazzerphuk posted:

Are Fulham putting together a first XI of terrible managers?

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

Ewar Woowar posted:

Are Fulham putting together a first XI of terrible managers?

Curbishley has taken points from 2/3 of the matches he's managed. :shrug:

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
Starting to think Lambert is in fact the best manager in the world?

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

poo poo Farm posted:

Starting to think Lambert is in fact the best Championship manager in the world?

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
great result for wednesday. we never usuallyget resuilts in wales so to come back from 2 down at the break to draw you have to think we're going to go the distance this season. barry obannan

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
boro game was very cold
very wet
and a 0-0,
also dave nugent punched a man in stoppage time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
i saw that. lots of draws around us. other teams are losing their nerve faced woith a resurgent sheffield wednesdat beaten just once in 14 league games

• Locked thread