Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

THE OLD WOMAN IS COOKING ANOTHER OCTOPUS

COMEDY GOLD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Outland

Ripley's

Judgment: gross, dude. Nobody wants to see you chewing your food. Or hear it.
Thread poll: Do you think he drinks through straws with those?

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT
can he even create enough of a vacuum in his mouth to use a straw with those?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Odonata posted:

Gary, he who is Scary

This one is kind of lame, but I always liked Scary Gary.

F Minus

:iceburn:

Mary Worth

Rex Morgan MD

Secret Agent X-9

Apartment 3-G

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.
King Aroo (December 4, 1950)

Barnaby (May 11, 1942)

Nancy (January 19, 1943)

Krazy Kat (June 9, 1929)

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

I'd like to thank the colorist of Outland and my bad eyesight for making my day.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Moomin

Little My :swoon:

Classic Dilbert

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

Moomin and the Tunguska Event.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (October 8, 1928)

Peanuts tries a community standard of politeness on for size today. (December 9, 1968)

Funky Winkerbean

Hey everybody, I smell a ham-fisted War on Christmas story in the air!

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (May 16-17, 1928)

Thimble Theater

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Oh great, so he also scored 4 touchdowns in a single game.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Making people in a court room do and say what he wants with a gesture. Is Mandrake showing why he should never be allowed anywhere near a legal system? Is this how he plans to get out of jury duty?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

So did they allow Phantom to wear his sunglasses during training and games or did he have to go back and kill the entire team?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

My Lovely Horse posted:

So did they allow Phantom to wear his sunglasses during training and games or did he have to go back and kill the entire team?

He wasn't Phantom yet.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Monty

Scary Gary

Intelligent Life

Retail

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Indolent Bastard posted:

Intelligent Life

That man is at least 8' tall

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

goatface posted:

That man is at least 8' tall

He's just in the center of a perspective bubble. I assume because he is so self-centered that he sees everything in the world in a warped way. Everything else sort of curves around him all the time. You see? The TV is big and important but he is a towering physical specimen of manliness. That's good, thought-provoking, subtle cartooning. ( AGC )

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

This is me, when I bought my presents last week, but I only asked about boxes because the things I bought were tiny and fragile and I worried they'd break in my suitcase if I didn't pre-box them before wrapping. You'd think people who sold homemade blownglass ornaments at rotating-location markets would have some way to move them gently from place to place.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

See, that's the one shop that I wouldn't expect to have any boxes. I've been on that road myself, and you bring the absolute bare minimum of stuff, because anything you can't pack into one suitcase is staying home. If that means tossing all the fragile poo poo in together and relying on them being so tightly packed they can't get up enough momentum to break, so be it. Real Talk Comix.

Pooch Café

All hospitals do this. If you ever stayed in a hospital and your roommate seemed normal, they were using you to get them to leave.

Ballard Street

It occurs to me, is there actually a Ballard Street. anywhere? There's a Ballard Avenue in Wylie, Texas.

Lost Side of Suburbia

Flimm is really pretty.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Stultus Maximus posted:

He wasn't Phantom yet.
Good point but it seems like if you were training to be the Phantom you'd want to keep a low profile and not necessarily get your picture in the papers as a college sports prodigy.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Aardmania posted:

Piranha Club

So, wait, she knows her boyfriend doesn't like octopus, and she keeps preparing it and serving it to him anyway?

"Honey, I love you, but I really can't stand octopus. I really, really can't. I don't want to eat it ever again, it makes me nauseous. I've been trying to not hurt your feelings, I don't mind if you eat it yourself, but please, don't ever give me octopus ever again."

Is that so hard to say?

If you write, I will make it better.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

About as hard as saying "this cheese doesn't smell that bad" or "dude keep your toenail problems between you and your doc" or "kid, your pranks were fresh and new in the 1970s".

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

RandomFerret posted:

It occurs to me, is there actually a Ballard Street. anywhere? There's a Ballard Avenue in Wylie, Texas.

There's a few, here's one in Silver Spring, MD, just outside Washington DC.

https://goo.gl/maps/R23D8zrWHFQ2

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

My Lovely Horse posted:

About as hard as saying "this cheese doesn't smell that bad" or "dude keep your toenail problems between you and your doc" or "kid, your pranks were fresh and new in the 1970s".

Bud Grace could get rid of all those, but that pretty much just leaves the nose-bone cannibal strips.

Goddamn, "Piranha Club" is bad.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Eric is preparing for the next step.

A3G

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Well that's when you pee on them. What good is a little spit gonna do?

GorfZaplen posted:

Mandrake the Magician

One of the things I love about Mandrake is imagining what the action looks like to all the other characters. I mean the art shows what the victim is hallucinating, but in reality, Mandrake is just standing there with his hand out, and the guy is just standing there stock still with a stunned look, and everyone is just watching these two guys stand in front of each other while one occasionally yells things like "DROP IT" or "RISE!" or "WATCH OUT FOR THAT GIANT SNAKE!" or whatever, but nothing is actually happening.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
The audience were also under hypnosis, they're actually all barnyard animals!

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set shops for a bargain.

Working Daze finally admits it doesn't know what a "joke" is!

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix undersells my favorite superhero type.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Yesterday's Fingerpori deals with the realities of FINNISH WINTER

Odonata
Nov 5, 2009
Nap Ghost

Stealing another man's comic, eh? I see how you earned your name....

Broom Hilda

Gasoline Alley

Big Nate

Ziggy

Ye Olde Fox Trot

Cul de Sac

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Odonata posted:

Cul de Sac

No, Lupita Alice!

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

RandomFerret posted:

Ballard Street

I looked this up once. Jerry Van Amerongen is from Grand Rapids, Michigan. I checked, and there is a Ballard Street in Grand Rapids. It is a short street, and it is full of 1920's houses with front porches with chairs and porch swings, and there is the occasional picket fence. There is a purple house. I want that one.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Lynn's about to do something lovely.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

greatn posted:

Eric is preparing for the next step.

A3G

Oh poo poo! loving bring it! Tibet his loving rear end, Eric!

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!

This joke is funnier because Ziggy is not wearing pants. layers

Rarebit Fiend (click for huge)

This Day in History

Outbusts of Everett True

Fritzi Ritz

Sick, Sick, Sick (click for big)

Wee Pals

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
Well, my source, the Afro-American - stopped running Wee Pals (I still have a few to post from them), so I had to look for a new one.

Enter the Milwaukee Journal, June 2, 1969.

I couldn't help but notice several other comics while browsing. Happy to post any of these if interested, though honestly, how much Apartment 3G can we take?

sever.

VictorGrunn
Feb 15, 2004
Ye Guilty

GorfZaplen posted:

The Phantom

Holy crap does she look sinister there. Suddenly this comic went all Addams Family in mood for me.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
:siren:Nancy:siren:

Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Inspector Danger

Deep Dark Fears

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Stick your schmaltzy patriotism where the sun don't shine, Gilchrist. And I'm saying this as someone who thinks this day should live in infamy. History education in this country is bad enough as it is.

• Locked thread