Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Don't get me wrong, the idea of it is alright. It would be a solid way to represent your typical chaos warband being a weird mix of whoever's around and alive. Let's be realistic though, hams aren't going to strip and repaint their models to reflect the legion they're suddenly associated with for a specific special rule. Yeah, certain things will be obvious like cult troops or Havocs are always going to be Iron Warriors or whatever. It's just needless book keeping and will encourage some pretty gamey compositions. I'd rather it just work like chapter tactics for simplicity's sake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Chapter Tactics makes sense the way it is because even if you ally multiple detachments with different Tactics together, they're gonna usually be a coherent force. With how Chaos tends to be in warbands and loose coalitions, it makes more sense. I'm sure people will game it, but people will game anything. It does seem more suited to a skirmish ruleset though, like a lot of 40k's bolted on rules.

I mean it's all just rumors so who knows at this point but it's fun to think about.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Jesus. They really aren't making it easy to like playing 40k. Between all the rules and formations now you get perks for X number of units from Y detachment. I can imagine how fun it will be stacking marks ontop of it.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
So apparently the Imperial Armor 11 takes a strong Eldar codex, and turns that poo poo up to 11.

Want a formation whose core detachment is Warp Spiders and a Farseer? Well let me tell you about the Pale Court...

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
40k Balance is best described as :pcgaming:

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Can orks assault out of vehicle that has the hard top rule (basically the thing that makes a vehicle not opened top)? Looking for a way to protect meganobs from the D weapon eldar flamers.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

BULBASAUR posted:

40k Balance is best described as :pcgaming:

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

LordAba posted:

Can orks assault out of vehicle that has the hard top rule (basically the thing that makes a vehicle not opened top)? Looking for a way to protect meganobs from the D weapon eldar flamers.

Is it an assault vehicle?

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

LordAba posted:

No they cannot.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
^^^ Thanks! So much for that plan...

Star Man posted:

Is it an assault vehicle?

I don't have the codex with me, which is why I am asking. Most of them are open topped, though, with has the assault vehicle rules; does hard top prevent it?

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
That Chaos Space Marine stuff would own, so there's no way it's true

E: also, a detachment where every character gets a roll on the boon chart that applies all game? "Hey before get started give me 10 minutes to roll these and write down the individual results for each these 8 characters"

Actually that last one does sound like something GW would do

TheChirurgeon fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Dec 5, 2015

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
It's a very Chaos-y day.

It's certainly AoS related but it would make for some pretty sweet conversions if Tzeentchian Sorcerors become good units.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

SRM posted:

Yeah, seriously. I don't think it's much of a stretch that my Khorne Berserkers would have the World Eaters allegiance while my Obliterators had the Iron Warriors one. That's a bit more to keep up with, but the rules make sense for the units they'd apply to.

In regards to Berserkers (and for that matter any other "specific" troop) there was an old WD or maybe even the 3rd ed codex:

All World Eaters became Berserkers, however not all Berserkers are World Eaters.

^^^

Not counting the shattered legions that turned against the Warmaster.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Deptfordx posted:

It finally happened. A rumour so unbelievable even Bols haven't reported it.

What was I thinking? Of course they took the bait. Gotta get those clicks.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I'm trying to price out a carrying case and foam. Would a land raider fit in a 60mm tall tray if I keep the Pintle bolted removable? What about a drop pod on its side?

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

LordAba posted:

^^^ Thanks! So much for that plan...

I don't have the codex with me, which is why I am asking. Most of them are open topped, though, with has the assault vehicle rules; does hard top prevent it?

'Ard case removes the Open Topped rule from the vehicle. This will also mean it's not an Assault vehicle any more because it was the Open Topped rule giving them that.

It's the reason pretty much no-one bothers with it.

TBH the G/Morkanaut should be an Assault Vehicle due to the massive doors that open on the front, but apparently Orks aren't Space Mariney enough to get the Assault rule on non-Open Topped vehicles (with the exception of some of the FW super heavies iirc).

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Zark the Damned posted:

'Ard case removes the Open Topped rule from the vehicle. This will also mean it's not an Assault vehicle any more because it was the Open Topped rule giving them that.

It's the reason pretty much no-one bothers with it.

TBH the G/Morkanaut should be an Assault Vehicle due to the massive doors that open on the front, but apparently Orks aren't Space Mariney enough to get the Assault rule on non-Open Topped vehicles (with the exception of some of the FW super heavies iirc).

I am sorry, orks. You got cool big mek guns and cheap twin-linked rokkits in exchange for everything else.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

PierreTheMime posted:

It's a very Chaos-y day.

It's certainly AoS related but it would make for some pretty sweet conversions if Tzeentchian Sorcerors become good units.

This is pretty cool.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

PierreTheMime posted:

It's a very Chaos-y day.

Holy poo poo, an actual AoS model I don't hate. All of the other chaos models are too busy, but that works for this guy. It's Tzeentchy as hell.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

PierreTheMime posted:

It's a very Chaos-y day.

A great addition to my Warhammer Chaos Fantasy army... oh wait :(

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Yeah, this time last year I would have gleefully grabbed that on pre-order for my Warriors of Chaos. No point now.

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe
Christ, people will post anything for click bate, that rumour made Faet:

http://natfka.blogspot.ie/2015/12/rumors-chaos-marine-codex-revealed.html

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!

Foul Ole Ron posted:

Christ, people will post anything for click bate, that rumour made Faet:

http://natfka.blogspot.ie/2015/12/rumors-chaos-marine-codex-revealed.html

Fait is literally a click bait site and will repost everything from everywhere to get people to click on their site.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Not sure what kind of lofty ethics you guys are expecting from rumour sites.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.
Day 2 of the Renegade Open. I'm in the top pod (went in with a 2-1 record) but lost to my teammate game one. 2 more games today. Funniest short story is my game 3: I pulled a foot seer council. I run a cluexus in a pod. He shook my hand on turn 2.

Twig's rat convocation is in the running for best painted. It looks pretty good.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Most of those changes to the Chaos book would invalidate the Khrone codex. Which means its totally true because GW thinks 'Codex creep' is a good thing.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
For Sale:
Prices including postage 2nd class recorded.

30k Crusade Army Book and Istvan campaign legions book - £50
Tyranid Codex - £20
Tyranid Carnifex - £16
Tyranid Warriors - £18
Genestealer Broodlord - £15
Grey Knight Army - metal - consisting of Captain Stern, Drago, 17 metal terminators, 27 power armoured marines including 3 incinerators and 7 psycannons - £100

I will also be selling a large number of Orks and Tyranids, but I can only get out so much at once for sale. For combined items I will discount slightly to represent reduced postage.

SRM - I have some 2nd ed plastic termagants (the really old plastics), do you want me to put them aside for you?

Pictures here.

http://imgur.com/a/WS4TF

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Thundercloud posted:

SRM - I have some 2nd ed plastic termagants (the really old plastics), do you want me to put them aside for you?
Nah I'm good for the time being. I've got enough on my plate. Thanks though!

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
SRM, 30 minutes:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-69-V...pEAAOSwp5JWYMCa

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Holy crap only $22?

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Stand back motherfuckers, I got this

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

SRM posted:

bid on that poo poo, one min left.

e: someone sniped it from $28 to $46 with 2s left.

OhDearGodNo fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Dec 6, 2015

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

SRM posted:

gently caress I didn't got that.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

SRM posted:

gently caress I didn't got that.

Story of my life when it comes to auctions.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Technowolf posted:

Most of those changes to the Chaos book would invalidate the Khrone codex. Which means its totally true because GW thinks 'Codex creep' is a good thing.

The way they've done things, there's literally no way to avoid this. They'll just have to move forward on the CSM codex and then update the Daemonkin codex shortly after. Which doesn't seem like it'll be a problem. At least, until the new Daemons codex comes out like 6 months after that.

On a related note, I just played a game of Apocalypse with Buffalo Chicken and some of the Jersey crew. 4500 points per side, Daemons, Daemonkin, and Eldar vs. Tyranids, AdMech, and Tau/Space Marines:

I decided to scale back a bit and go more daemon-heavy this time. Here's the list I'm bringing with Daemonkin in 1,500 point games these days:

Blood Host Detachment

Slaughtercult Formation
- Chaos Lord w/Power Fist, Axe of Khorne, Collar of Khorne, Sigil of Corruption (170 pts)
- Chaos Cultists [8] w/Heavy Stubber (65 pts)
- Possessed [5] (150 pts)
- Berserkers [8] w/Rhino, Power Fist, Icon of Wrath (237)
- Berserkers [8] w/Rhino, Power Fist, Icon of Wrath (237)

Lord of Slaughter
- Bloodthirster of Unfettered Fury (250)

Gorepack
- Chaos Bikers [3] w/Power Maul (91)
- Chaos Bikers [3] w/2x Meltaguns (101)
- Flesh hounds [5] (80)

War Engine
- Helbrute w/2x Power Fist and combi-bolter (110)

The Results: VICTORY!

This was the first time I'd really run a full Blood Host detachment with multiple formations and I was pretty impressed with the results. Despite losing the first turn to Buffalo Chicken's team seizing the initiative, we managed to make it through T1 relatively unscathed and started doing real damage.

Highlights:
- We lost Kairos, Fateweaver on turn 2 to some shooting from the Sky-firing AdMech walker, but managed to overcome that setback

- The Aspiring Champion in one of the Berserker Squads ascended to Daemon Prince-hood on turn 3, then crushed a squad of Tyranid Warriors in close combat.

- The Bloodthirster put in real work, mulching a squad of Rust Stalkers, finishing off Buffalo Chicken's Barbed Heirodule, and plowing through a squad of Crisis Suits (along with the Tau commander) en route to capturing an objective.

- The other aspiring champion assaulted a land raider crusader and dropped 2 glancing hits on it with his power fist. Then it backed up, shot at him, failed to wound him, then he got to assault it again and destroy it with another set of hits, courtesy of his Furious Charge ability giving his Power Fist the added "oomph" it needed.

Things I learned:
- The Blood Host Detachment is pretty solid. The Gorepack Formation in particular is pretty strong, since Flesh Hounds own and the extra bonuses to Hammer of Wrath attacks really help.

- I was surprised at how much easier it was to play Daemonkin against armies that aren't Space Wolves or Necrons, which always seem to give me a really hard time.'

- I ended up summoning a unit of Bloodletters and another unit of Flesh Hounds. The former did a good job keeping the Bloodthirster from being shot at with Overwatch, and the latter capped an objective for us late.

- The Bloodthirster was a beast, and I now feel like I have to take one in pretty much any game over 1k points, and not just wait to summon one.

The Riddler and Two Face are terrorizing Gotham, but the Bloodthirster is on the case!

TheChirurgeon fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Dec 7, 2015

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Has anybody seen a land raider or spartan with track guards? I want to get a Proteus, but I can't stand the WW1 look. I'd like to avoid scratch building my own.

What as the Milineium Falcon Proxied as? Looks like a proper fun time.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

BULBASAUR posted:

Has anybody seen a land raider or spartan with track guards? I want to get a Proteus, but I can't stand the WW1 look. I'd like to avoid scratch building my own.

What as the Milineium Falcon Proxied as? Looks like a proper fun time.

I think it was a Fire Prism (and ironically, not a Falcon)

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

TheChirurgeon posted:

The way they've done things, there's literally no way to avoid this. They'll just have to move forward on the CSM codex and then update the Daemonkin codex shortly after. Which doesn't seem like it'll be a problem. At least, until the new Daemons codex comes out like 6 months after that.

Did they ever update the Blood Angels 'dex to include the improvements from the Space Marine/Dark Angels (Vehicle squads & formations)? 'Cause that's what I'm basing my theory on.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
i probably need to get off ebay...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Hello gentlegoons. Selling some Nids over here. Probably another army or two as well.

• Locked thread