Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Kenshin posted:

jinglyballs are serious business

Impotent bird rage :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

artichoke
Sep 29, 2003

delirium tremens and caffeine
Gravy Boat 2k

artichoke fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Oct 22, 2023

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

You take that bird! You know, in the event the family is no longer able to care for it.

Not like, a bird-napping or anything.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

artichoke posted:

My cousins are realllly into magic tricks and they are pretty terrible at them, but whatever, they're kids. We were all chilling one day in the house and the oldest kid comes up and says, "HEY! You wanna see a magic trick??" and from the back of the house the macaw screams "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" and I could not stop laughing.

That's amazing :lol:

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
He sounds like a sweetie but you can tell his beak needs a really good trim.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

UCS Hellmaker posted:

He's actually half toucan.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
Mango is a very happy sun conure.

Mango. Mango! Mangomangomangomangomango.

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Woke up way too early and couldn't get back to sleep, an hour before the usual uncovering time Inko was loving about doing whatever so I took him out and sat with him in the dark until get up time. He just leaned against my chest, tucked under an arm (very toasty) and tried not to fall asleep while I worked on his feathers. He didn't even remember to bite when I touched his forehead/cheeks until it was wake up time. Very cute, would recommend

Kenshin posted:

jinglyballs are serious business

The perfect crazy bird face. Would definitely put my fingers near her face (and maybe not get them back)

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Inko had a hanging acrylic toy draped over "his" back, and was apparently rubbing against the bars positioned like that... and not for the first time... though now he's currently beating the poo poo out of the same toy so uh. Is my birb likely a gross lady birb after all??

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Mizuti posted:

Mango is a very happy sun conure.

Mango. Mango! Mangomangomangomangomango.

This is why we call Ritz honker :3:

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

UCS Hellmaker posted:

Ya, he clearly does not have enough toys to chew on. Beaks should never need trimming, as long as you keep them supplied with the right toys.

Pip pip pip
Oct 24, 2010

The cutest little fascist

We are moving this weekend. Again. Luckily it's a small move (different unit in the same complex) but I feel like a big jerk. Poor birds finally got settled in, now it's time to start over.

Nov 3, 2015

Battle Pigeon posted:

Inko had a hanging acrylic toy draped over "his" back, and was apparently rubbing against the bars positioned like that... and not for the first time... though now he's currently beating the poo poo out of the same toy so uh. Is my birb likely a gross lady birb after all??

That is possible, but I think the back is sexual stimulation for both males and females.

quote:

A male masturbates by bending its tail under the object, then rubbing its vent on it. Females masturbate by leaning forward and backing up while placing her vent on an object with her tail up and to the side. Both of these behaviors approximate what a bird would do during copulation.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

1500 posted:

That is possible, but I think the back is sexual stimulation for both males and females.

Yeah... he's pretty ambiguous. He could have been using the toy as a harness/to support himself too, he does that since his legs and feet are all messed up. Mostly would like to know out of curiosity, and to rule out eggs as a potential issue if he gets unwell. It's a hassle to get to the avian vet though so haven't bothered to get him DNA tested to know for sure

Nov 3, 2015

Battle Pigeon posted:

Yeah... he's pretty ambiguous. He could have been using the toy as a harness/to support himself too, he does that since his legs and feet are all messed up. Mostly would like to know out of curiosity, and to rule out eggs as a potential issue if he gets unwell. It's a hassle to get to the avian vet though so haven't bothered to get him DNA tested to know for sure

I mean there are home DNA kits that you send off to get tested.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
I'm not sure which one is more apathetic looking

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Sekkira posted:

Last time a magpie tried to swoop me because I was saying hello to one of its little fledglings, I didn't react and it bounced off my head. I guess it was expecting me to cower in fear and run away. Magpies aren't scary.

This is a post from a week ago cause I went away and want to see bird pics but Australian magpies will straight up bury their beaks in cyclists helmets, birds here are scary as gently caress

Also Dreggon what black cockatoos do you get cause I saw a flock of 3 w/ the yellow pikachu spots and they were loving huge, gaston and his crew are mean as to pick fights with them

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Dec 6, 2015

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

I live in Australia and this was an Australian magpie. I don't see them as any sort of threat.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Magpies are lovely and charming and cuddly but are also living death-machines if they think you or someone who looked vaguely like you hosed with them or another magpie at any point in the last 50 years.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Sekkira posted:

I live in Australia and this was an Australian magpie. I don't see them as any sort of threat.

I got chased by one for ages down a very long hill when I rode my bike to a friends house as a kid. Guess you are lucky and live in an area where people are nice to them.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

Also Dreggon what black cockatoos do you get cause I saw a flock of 3 w/ the yellow pikachu spots and they were loving huge, gaston and his crew are mean as to pick fights with them

This is because black cockatoos are chill as gently caress relax birds, and all other cockatoos are neurotic assholes.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

This is a post from a week ago cause I went away and want to see bird pics but Australian magpies will straight up bury their beaks in cyclists helmets, birds here are scary as gently caress

they are the yellow ones but they do not come down to eat seeds with me

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

I got chased by one for ages down a very long hill when I rode my bike to a friends house as a kid. Guess you are lucky and live in an area where people are nice to them.

I've moved various times over the years and regardless of area, even if the magpies are aggressive, I don't really have any fear of them. I suppose showing that you're not reacting to their swooping gives them the impression that you're not actually out to harm them.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Magpies are lovely and charming and cuddly but are also living death-machines if they think you or someone who looked vaguely like you hosed with them or another magpie at any point in the last 50 years.

And they teach their offspring to do the same at the same people.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
SPEAKING OF AUSTRALIAN BIRDS

Post more Australian birds

(my lazy nth-generation immigrant rear end in a top hat bird is still asleep, no pictures yet)

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Y'all need some cute cockatiels in your life

And one not-cockatiel

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

Battle Pigeon posted:

Dead from cuteness within

Battle Pigeon :swoon: You made my Monday wonderful.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

There is a beautiful sweet one-eyed yellow-headed Amazon at the shelter today and I want to take her home sooo baaaaddd

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004

Battle Pigeon posted:

And one not-cockatiel

omg that is making me all :3: Christmas Cockatiels.... and even a Santa Tiel :) Too cute!! Love the last one though with the feathers.... looks like they have bunny ears on :)

Pip pip pip
Oct 24, 2010

The cutest little fascist

Aww Battle Pigeon, super cute pics make Monday better for sure.

We moved! Ozzy screamed constantly on Day 1 unless someone was holding him :sigh: The new apartment has a fancy sink which is a perfect birdy shower that he really likes though. So there's that. Hope he calms down in a few days.

In true :derptiel: fashion, Nugget flock called for 10 minutes, took a few laps around the living room, and has been totally chill since. This is why cockatiels are better than conures. Sorry Ozzy

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

Battle Pigeon just cured my case of the Mondays. Can't wait to get home and hang out with my potato

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
:catstare:

http://i.imgur.com/V0wWPck.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/iRPVQb6.gifv

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Got home from work and opened up the bird cages. My grey climbs down his cage and proceeds to shuffle his way to the bathroom while whistling Blue Danube.

Birds.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Can cockatiels learn to do this? I've seen conures do it and it seems like such an impressive trick but I fear Skillet's tiny australian cockatiel brain may be an impediment

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I'm just gonna get a quote for iron bars over my windows.

Birds are going to supercede us as the master specie of the planet.

Tea.EarlGrey.Hot.
Mar 3, 2007

"I'd like to get my hands on that fellow Earl Grey and tell him a thing or two about tea leaves."

Battle Pigeon posted:

so many good bird

thank you for making my day so much better :kimchi:

wow I knew conures were pretty smart but this surprised me. good job lil conure buddy!!

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Battle Pigeon posted:

LOOK AT THE FRIENDS :kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
Gotcha is learning how to fly!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycy-6YfXdDU&t=127s