Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

One guy was lamenting the lack of gently caress Her Gently. OF people know this game is rated T, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doom Sleigher
Dec 29, 2004

One Note Song isn't coming? Well gently caress THIS poo poo.

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.

Dross posted:

One guy was lamenting the lack of gently caress Her Gently. OF people know this game is rated T, right?

For the record, what does this entail, what are the limits on this kind of thing? I know some songs are censored but it's definitely not radio safe, given one of the tracks is plainly called "Mean Bitch".

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

TheDarkFlame posted:

For the record, what does this entail, what are the limits on this kind of thing? I know some songs are censored but it's definitely not radio safe, given one of the tracks is plainly called "Mean Bitch".

Actually I don't think it matters. Its pretty common for games to come out T and then have some M rated "blood DLC" so they can have their cake and eat it too. The ESRB just slaps on some "additional content not rated" warning and nobody notices.

Same with the "online play experiences may vary" warning (which translates to "people online are gonna curse so it would be M rated but whatever")

That said they may have shy'd away from 'gently caress her gently' over the name even though they could have legally gotten away with it.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Dross posted:

The DLC has some interesting uncensored stuff. They seem to drop "gently caress" but they throw "poo poo" around pretty frequently.

Also, he should have been lamenting Kickapoo for what it's worth.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Was kinda hoping for Double Team, but ah well those 3 songs are dope

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

TheDarkFlame posted:

Maybe that song is about a vindictive dog.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Was kinda hoping for Double Team, but ah well those 3 songs are dope

Yeah, double team would have been immense. Oh well.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Is there any way to set it so when you use a capo it adjusts how it numbers the frets? So if the capo is on the third fret it doesn't call your first usable fret "4", it calls it "1"?

Maide
Aug 21, 2008

There's a Starman waiting in the sky...

Dross posted:

The game says "Music downloads not rated by the ESRB" when you start it, so I think they can do whatever they want.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Angel of Death is DLC and if I remember correctly that got shot down by the ESRB when they tried to include it in Rock Band or something.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Neversoft tried to get Angel of Death into Metallica, but the ESRB would make them censor the song to the point they'd may as well make it instrumental.

I'm assuming that Harmonix had the same problem.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Schiavona posted:

Is there any way to set it so when you use a capo it adjusts how it numbers the frets? So if the capo is on the third fret it doesn't call your first usable fret "4", it calls it "1"?

I don't think so. Rocksmith is missing a ton of basic quality of life options like this.

Doom Sleigher
Dec 29, 2004

Funky Valentine posted:

Neversoft tried to get Angel of Death into Metallica, but the ESRB would make them censor the song to the point they'd may as well make it instrumental.

I'm assuming that Harmonix had the same problem.

I thought [altering your content to] these ratings things were totally voluntary. Slayer ain't no bubblegum pop.

Doom Sleigher fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Dec 8, 2015

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Bumming Your Scene posted:

I thought these ratings things were totally voluntary. Slayer ain't no bubblegum pop.

I think most publishers push their studios to aim for certain ratings for certain games. Plus considering that it's the prime age at which to learn an instrument, losing the 10-15 market would suck.

Although now that I think about it I don't think downloadable content has to adhere to the established rating.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Dross posted:

I think most publishers push their studios to aim for certain ratings for certain games. Plus considering that it's the prime age at which to learn an instrument, losing the 10-15 market would suck.

Right, its the same as a cable company having internal standards and practices. You're getting censored but its not by the government, its by your own publisher.

Dross posted:

Although now that I think about it I don't think downloadable content has to adhere to the established rating.

Zaphod42 posted:

Actually I don't think it matters. Its pretty common for games to come out T and then have some M rated "blood DLC" so they can have their cake and eat it too. The ESRB just slaps on some "additional content not rated" warning and nobody notices.

Same with the "online play experiences may vary" warning (which translates to "people online are gonna curse so it would be M rated but whatever")

That said they may have shy'd away from 'gently caress her gently' over the name even though they could have legally gotten away with it.

No poo poo?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I can't be the only one that would Day One buy a power metal pack.

Hammerfall, Stratovarius, Metallium, Demons And Wizards...

I've always looked at power metal like a summer action movie: Sometimes the only plot you need is explosions.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I can't be the only one that would Day One buy a power metal pack.

Hammerfall, Stratovarius, Metallium, Demons And Wizards...

I've always looked at power metal like a summer action movie: Sometimes the only plot you need is explosions.

Hell yeah, I love power metal. Gimme some Stratovarius, Manowar, Nightwish or even Dragonforce. Yes please.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

Dross posted:

It is mention here. The DLC can have its own rating, but unless they want to submit it for rating it just gets the rating the base game already had. So they could if they wanted to submit DLC for its own rating and go beyond what the base game was rated at.
http://www.esrb.org/ratings/faq.aspx#16.5

quote:

How does the ESRB rate downloadable content (DLC) or other content updates that supplement a game or app?

Downloadable content (DLC) often refers to additional content that supplements or extends a previously-rated product. Many digital products, including video games and apps, will release subsequent updates or add-ons that expand the original product's content. DLC or updates that will be appended to an existing, previously-rated product need only be submitted to ESRB for rating if their content exceeds that which is in the existing "core" product. Otherwise, the rating originally assigned to the core product is applicable to the appended content as well. Where, however, the content exceeds the rating assigned to the core product, it must be submitted to ESRB and a different rating may be assigned.

Cousin Balki
Jan 31, 2002
Motley Crue 5 pack coming Tuesday.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Cousin Balki posted:

Tribes!
Tribes!
Tribes!
Tribes!
Tribes!

Dead Pressed
Nov 11, 2009
Oh man. Dr feel good here I come.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

I want too young to fall in love and kickstart my heart.

Quinctia
Jul 17, 2006

Disasterrific.
Hopefully I'll gain a few more reasons to tune down to D Standard.

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

Cousin Balki posted:

Man I feel like I'm sitting on a lottery ticket, could be anywhere from one of my all-time favorite DLCs to kind of meh.

Pretty sure we'll get Kickstart my Heart which I'd love, really hoping for Don't Go Away Mad and pretty much anything off of Too Fast For Love.

EvilChameleon
Nov 20, 2003

In my infinite money,
the jimmies rustle softly.

Dross posted:

If I have to see a screen every time I load the game saying "DLC not rated by the ESRB" why do we have to have rated DLC? Basically I'm just really mad at that screen. YEAH I KNOW OKAY?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Quinctia posted:

Hopefully I'll gain a few more reasons to tune down to D Standard.

Here's hoping for a full Tame Impala pack someday.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Dross posted:

kickstart my heart.

King Vidiot posted:

Here's hoping for a full Tame Impala pack someday.

same

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
Just picked this up and having a ton of fun trying to learn (I've basically done a total of an hour non-Rocksmith guitar playing in my life). Any tips for a complete beginner who's just picked up Rocksmith?

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Reverse the string order in the options. You'll thank me later.

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007
Have fun!

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Dr. Feelgood, Girls, Girls, Girls, Shout at the Devil, Home Sweet Home.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Dross posted:

:homebrew:

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Schpyder posted:

Yes, this.

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007

Dross posted:

+ Kickstart my heart.

Gonna play some stripper songs. :homebrew:

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Chalupa Joe posted:

+ Kickstart my heart.

Gonna play some stripper songs. :homebrew:

Weird, that wasn't in the DLC list with the others when I was looking, but I searched for it and it's in my library after (obviously) insta-buying the pack. :homebrew:

Tragically, my fiancée is sick and probably would not appreciate me rocking out tonight.

Baba Oh Really
May 21, 2005
Get 'ER done

Schpyder posted:

I wish I had done this way earlier.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Gort posted:

Just picked this up and having a ton of fun trying to learn (I've basically done a total of an hour non-Rocksmith guitar playing in my life). Any tips for a complete beginner who's just picked up Rocksmith?

Do as many of the lessons as you can - they give you some basic instruction (which will help with techniques and avoid bad habits), but they also teach you the game's notation. I had a few 'what the hell is THAT' moments until I went through them

And it's always worth plugging Justin Guitar as a better way to learn technique and how to actually play the instrument. Rocksmith is great because it gets you playing stuff and it's fun and encouraging. Justin is like a free guitar teacher who'll show you how to do stuff right and give you some solid skills and knowledge. Do both if you can!

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Dross posted:

Tragically, my fiancée is sick and probably would not appreciate me rocking out tonight.

Dr. Feelgood

e: MANY HOURS LATER

It took me two years to play On Top Of the World but holy poo poo that's one of my new favorite songs. It's just so happy-go-lucky fun. I can't help but have a dumb happy smile on my face while playing it.

Dark_Swordmaster fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Dec 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Schpyder posted:

Why's this?