Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Just a reminder that our league rules (section 4) describe how playoffs work: you should ignore any projected playoff info in ESPN, because it doesn't know our rules.

Three divisional winners will get a bye next week. Two wildcard teams will play next week, the winner of which joins the three divisional winners in a semifinals and then finals tournament matchup.

Of the other seven teams, the top team also gets a bye next week, while the other six face off in the first week of the consolation tournament.

Both tournaments are single-elimination, matchups are seeded based on best record facing worst record, second-best facing second-worst, etc. Tiebreakers are based on total Points For scored during the regular season - your PF will be static through the playoffs.

This means, for example, that because atomictyler has put up excellent Points For, even though he won't make the playoffs, he'll have superior seeding compared to other teams with the same record. So, winning this week is still important for Team McLean, in order to push his record to 6-7 and thereby improve matchups vs. the other six consolation tournament teams.

Finally, anyone who wasn't one of the first through fourth place winners of the league, or the winner of the consolation bracket, will get seeded into next year's rookie/free agent draft based on Points For. The lowest four points for teams will be randomly seeded into the first four draft picks; the first through fourth place and the consolation winner get the last five picks, in reverse order; and the rest of the teams get randomly seeded into the middle.

These seedings being based on regular season Poitns For means there is no incentive to tank games during the playoffs, even if you lose the playoff bracket.

One more thing: unlike most redraft leagues, there is no trade deadline. You can trade players throughout the playoffs. There are strategies implied by that: for example, a team in the winners brackets hoping to improve lineup might trade away future draft picks, or even young and promising players, in exchange for pretty much any healthy warm body likely to score well during weeks 14-16. And teams eliminated from the playoffs can choose to bolster their 2016 chances by trading away fading stars in favor of draft picks and promising rookies.

Immediately after the last week of our league (NFL week 16), we should go into lockdown mode for the offseason. Everyone will get a chance to drop players before next year's rookie/free agent draft, but nobody will be permitted to add free agents.

Trading I'm not as sure about. I don't think there's a setting that allows trading while disallowing free agent pickups. I could leave teams unlocked and leave it up to the honor system? Does anyone have an opinion about how that should work? The intent is that nobody should have to pay attention to Fantasy Football during the offseason just because someone else might be paying attention and scoop up players based on offseason news. Everyone will get to drop players just before our draft, in order to clear roster spots and salary cap room for the draft, and you should be allowed to make those decisions up to a few days before the draft. Everyone dropped in that way would then be eligible for the rookie/free agent draft. And we'll schedule that draft based on our personal schedules and a vote.

And here's tonight's playoffs scramble:

Team McLean vs. Ash Ketchum is already decided (and stat corrections are not going to close that gap).

Concordes vs. Hawk Hunters: I've got a 0.5 point lead that could get swallowed by stat corrections, but I still have Dallas Cowboys brain-scrambled linebacker Sean Lee to play. Unless he gets injured early (which is definitely a possibility), I should get enough points to solidify that victory.

First Down vs. Chefs: Spermy Smurf can still win from behind, if Jason Witten can put up more than about 12 and a half points, plus enough margin to clear stat corrections. Witten has averaged 8.3 points per game, so SS needs Witten to outperform - he's only gotten more than 11 points once all season, way back in week 1!

The Titoons have a massive deficit of over 103 points to make up, with DMF and Dez needing to put together unprecedentedly gigantic games, while Percy still has Dashon Goldston (P) likely adding to his score tonight. In theory it's possible, but I don't see how both players manage to score like five touchdowns each, so we can confidently give Percy Riot the win there. That improves PR to 6-7... remember my comment about Team McLean wanting to hit 6-7 as well? The Titoons will go to 8-5, which unless I'm mistaken is going to secure them one of the two wildcard spots in the championship tournament, where they will face Ash Ketchum (7-6 after this week's loss).

1017 BRICK SQUAD is behind by over 21 points going into tonight's game. However, the Placeholders are done, while Brick still has Redskins cornerback Bashaud Breeland still to play. Breeland is averaging 13 points a match, so he needs a standout game... but Breeland's blown past 21 points twice already this season, and he put up 20.75 just last week. So it's totally possible to get a win still!

If 1017 BRICK SQUAD wins, he'll go to 7-6. Which would tie Hawk Hunters if Hawk Hunters won, but assuming I preserve my lead, a BRICK win puts him on top of the division. Assuming the Titoons lose, there's a tiebreaker for the 7-6 teams for the second wildcard spot, which Ash Ketchum wins (going into this week 100 points up on BRICK and about the same over a winning First Down Syndrome). So win or loose, BRICK can't actually get to the playoff wildcard game at this point.

But. That brings me back to my match. Assuming my Concordes solidify their win tonight, my (crappy, lol) division lead becomes a tie between me (at 6-7), and (presumably losing) Brick Squad also dropping to 6-7. In that case, again Points For are the tiebreaker, which I win. But, if 1017 BRICK SQUAD can pull off a come-from-behind victory, he wins the division outright! So BRICK is in the peculiar position of either putting up 21+ points from Bashaud Breeland to win his division and seed directly into a bye week in the playoffs... or failing to come from behind, and missing the playoffs entirely as I waltz in with a division win on a loosing record.

Similarly, if BRICK wins, I go to 6-7 with my win, which isn't good enough to get to a wildcard slot either. Because:

Ray Finkle is going to drop to 8-5, losing this week to the Mediocre Cougars, who are comfortably over 6 points ahead, with Redskins DT Chris Baker still to play (and he averages over 8 points a game). Barring a Baker zero combined with a very large stat correction swing, the Cougars improve to 5-8, which helps their consolation matchup situation, while Finkle drops to 8-5, still ahead of division rival Ash Ketchum who are dropping to 7-6. So, Finkle has his division tied up, but Ketchum's winning 7-6 record secures Swarmin Swedes a wildcard slot against the 8-5 Titoons. All of us 6-7 losers go to where we belong in the loser's bracket.

So there's a huge swing depending on Bashaud Breeland tonight. My fate is in his (and possibly Sean Lee)'s hands. 1017 BRICK SQUAD's fate is in his hands. The consolation bracket seeding is in his hands, too. Hawk Hunters going to 6-7 ties three of us, including me OR a losing BRICK SQUAD (but not both!), a losing First Down syndrome (match still up in the air!), and a winning Percy Riot. If First Down Syndrome wins, they go to 7-6, losing to Ash Ketchum for the wildcard slot and thus seeding highest into the loser's tournament and thus earning the one bye. If FDS loses, they go to 6-7, dropping right into that 6-7 mess.

So there's a lot hanging on FDS's sweating out a Spermy Smurf Jason Witten spoiler performance!

I hope you will all join me in watching Jason Witten and Bashaud Breeland decide the fate of like five teams tonight.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Dec 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
And the best part of all this is:

I have 175 less Points For than Percy, and 135 more Points Against than him. Yet we still (most likely after tonight) have the same record.

At least I get one of the top 4 spots for drafting because of my abysmal PF.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
even if Breeland comes up big tonight, I have no shot in the playoffs. my team collapsed

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

wish my team could've done literally anything remotely like this at any other point in the season i suspect, but have not confirmed yet, that piss-poor management of available players is partly responsible!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I for one certainly could have avoided having my fate in another league's hands by winning any of several matches this year that I screwed up by starting or sitting the wrong guys.

But really my woes began with my awful draft, which I hosed up badly despite practicing for. So many good players were going by for more than I thought they were worth that I got scared and overpaid for two or three critical guys, and then didn't leave enough to afford a ton of the $2 bargains that came up at the end of the draft.

atomictyler
May 8, 2009
The only thing I did was figured out how auction drafts work and then proceeded to kick rear end. That's just how I roll.

You stay out of this Spermy.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I hope you appreciate what I had to do here.

I had to put my power supply back in my tower. Reset my Yahoo password because I dont know it. Reset my forums password because I dont know it.

Then I went back 3 years to show your sheer 'dominance' to these strangers. All for a cheap 3 second non-laugh.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

what am i looking at

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

What happens when friends play fantasy with one another

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Dont worry guys, in 10 years I will get screenshots of your previous crappy seasons to pick on you too.

:glomp:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Sean Lee is tearing poo poo up. My win is now set in stone. Not much yet from the other key guys...

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I thought Witten was done after taking that hit. Holy poo poo I would be dead if I got hit like that.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
breeland with 0 points in the first half

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

:toot:

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Stevie Lee posted:

breeland with 0 points in the first half

Breeland gets a whole lot of points off of pass defences and other things not directly scored for usually, so albeit not a good sign but not necessarily true he has a goose egg either.

Oh, and this would be a good time for some of you to start using the Trading Block section in the league if you are interested in making some trades for now and the upcoming offseason.

Chen Kenichi fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Dec 8, 2015

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Breeland has 6.75 but honestly Dallas just isn't testing him much, the passing has been anemic. Another 14 from him in the last 3 minutes isn't likely.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Gosh, I made it!

Tomorrow I'll post final standings (pending stat corrections, but I don't think those are going to swing anything), and set up the playoff brackets (which has to be done manually). Ignore any playoff stuff that ESPN automatically does until I've had a chance to arrange everything properly.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Yeah, update those Trading Blocks please. I have 4th lowest scoring total and a little bit of a rebuild is needed. Especially seeing how my defense outscored my offense multiple times and we might change the defensive points next season.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

OK here we go.

Please see the Standings page for reference.

In Division 1, the Gridiron Chefs win! They get a bye this week, and advance to the semifinals week 15. With the best win/loss record among the division champions, the Chefs get top seed, and will face the winner of the wildcard match in the semifinals.
pre:
DIVISION 1
TEAM				W	L	T	PCT	GB
Gridiron Chefs			10	3	0	.769	--
Who Da Titoons?			8	5	0	.615	2
Percy Riot			6	7	0	.462	4
First Down Syndrome		6	7	0	.462	4
In Division 2, Former Kicker Ray Finkle wins! They get a bye this week, and advance to the semifinals week 15. With an 8-5 record, they are seeded second in the championship tournament.
pre:
DIVISION 2
TEAM				W	L	T	PCT	GB
Former Kicker Ray Finkle	8	5	0	.615	--
Ash Ketchum Gotta catch em	7	6	0	.538	1
Team McLean			6	7	0	.462	2
Mediocre Cougars		5	8	0	.385	3
In Division 3, my Concord Concordes win! The three-way tie at 6-7 is broken by Points For scored through the regular season, per our league bylaws section 4.1.1. With a 6-7 record, I am seeded third int the championship tournament.
pre:
DIVISION 3
TEAM				W	L	T	PCT	GB
Concord Concordes		6	7	0	.462	--
Hawk Hunters			6	7	0	.462	--
1017 BRICK SQUAD		6	7	0	.462	--
Placeholder Team Name		4	9	0	.308	2
Here are all teams, sorted by Wins and then Points For. Division winners are in bold, and the wildcard teams are in italics.
pre:
TEAM				Goon		W/L	PF	PA	
Gridiron Chefs			Chen Kenichi	10/3	1852.4	1635
Former Kicker Ray Finkle	Gyshall		8/5	1914.5	1756.7
Who Da Titoons?			Metapod		8/5	1688.1	1608.6
Ash Ketchum Gotta catch em	Swarmin Swedes	7/6	1720.2	1860.7
Team McLean			Atomictyler	6/7	1957.7	1816.4
Percy Riot			kazak_Hstan	6/7	1860.4	1583
Concord Concordes		Leperflesh	6/7	1819	1803.7
Hawk Hunters			Hixalot		6/7	1763.8	1857.7
1017 BRICK SQUAD		Stevie Lee	6/7	1635.6	1897.7
First Down Syndrome		Spermy Smurf	6/7	1624.4	1763.3
Mediocre Cougars		The Zack	5/8	1655.1	1726.9
Placeholder Team Name		Bloody		4/9	1545.2	1726.6
Who Da Titoons? and Ash Ketchum Gotta catch em advance to the week 14 championship tournament wildcard match! The winner of this match will face the Gridiron Chefs in week 15. Former Kicker Ray Finkle will face the Concord Concordes in week 15.

The winners of those two matches face one another in week 16. The winner of that match is the league champion, taking home $160! The loser is second-place, taking home $80!
The losers of those two matches face one another in week 16, playing for third place. The winner of the third-place game takes home $40! The loser takes fourth place, and no prize.

Team Mclean has the best record and tiebreaker among the non-playoff teams. Atomictyler earns top seed in the consolation bracket, and a bye for week 14.

Percy Riot, Hawk Hunters, 1017 BRICK SQUAD, First Down Syndrome, Mediocre Cougars, and Placeholder Team Name are seeded into the consolation tournament in that order.

So, Week 14:
Percy Riot faces Placeholder Team Name
Hawk Hunters face Mediocre Cougars
1017 BRICK SQUAD faces First Down Syndrome

Week 15: the lowest-seeded winner faces Atomictyler. The other two winners face one another.
The winners of those two matches face one another in week 16 for the consolation tournament championship! The winner of that game gets $20!

I will set up the tournament brackets in ESPN shortly. The only thing that stat corrections seem to possibly be able to affect is the 11.2 point gap between 1017 BRICK SQUAD and First Down Syndrome, who play each other regardless as fourth and fifth seeds in the consolation tournament, so I don't think I need to wait for stat corrections to get this in place.

Here are your remaining FAAB budgets and the order for same-bid FAAB tiebreakers going into tomorrow:

pre:
FREE AGENT AUCTION SUMMARY
TEAM				POS	BUDGET
Placeholder Team Name		1	$ 79
Mediocre Cougars		2	$ 68
First Down Syndrome		3	$ 45
1017 BRICK SQUAD		4	$ 47
Hawk Hunters	 		5	$ 55
Percy Riot	 		6	$ 76
Team McLean	 		7	$ 83
Ash Ketchum Gotta catch em 	8	$ 36
Who Da Titoons?			9	$ 70
Concord Concordes 		10	$ 13
Former Kicker Ray Finkle	11	$ 0
Gridiron Chefs	 		12	$ 14
And here are your current salary caps:
pre:
Team				Current total salary	Current salary cap space
First Down Syndrome		$188.50			$61.50
Who Da Titoons?			$215.00			$35.00
Percy Riot			$155.00			$95.00
Gridiron Chefs			$185.50			$64.50
Team McLean			$207.00			$43.00
Former Kicker Ray Finkle	$229.00			$21.00
Mediocre Cougars		$188.50			$61.50
Ash Ketchum Gotta catch em	$245.50			$4.50
Concord Concordes		$214.00			$36.00
1017 BRICK SQUAD		$158.00			$92.00
Placeholder Team Name		$144.50			$105.50
Hawk Hunters			$220.50			$29.50

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

I get a cash payment of my salary cap space, right? that's how this works?? I'm the real winner?!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Playoff brackets are set up correctly now, I believe. ESPN actually got it pretty close. I will need to set the consolation brackets manually each week, but the championship tournament should run itself now.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

First Down Syndrome absolutely ruled the waivers today, outbidding multiple teams for James White and Jamie Collins.

In other interesting news, the Cougars dropped CJ Spiller outright, after trading Willie Snead for him back in October.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
And I dropped Alfred Morris who I bought for $20.

The 3-year-in-a-row 1000yd back got pushed to 3rd on the depth chart for no drat reason. drat redskins.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug

Leperflesh posted:

First Down Syndrome absolutely ruled the waivers today, outbidding multiple teams for James White and Jamie Collins.

In other interesting news, the Cougars dropped CJ Spiller outright, after trading Willie Snead for him back in October.

Of course as soon as I drop Spiller, Mark Ingram might be out for the rest of the season

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

The Zack posted:

Of course as soon as I drop Spiller, Mark Ingram might be out for the rest of the season

Yup, injured reserve. Let the bidding war begin!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Spermy Smurf posted:

Yup, injured reserve. Let the bidding war begin!

...for Tim Hightower, I assume.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Leperflesh posted:

...for Tim Hightower, I assume.

https://youtu.be/m5RtlpXsl8k

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Hahaaa, well I'm on bye, so what do I care? A new orleans RB is going to get points, someone will start them week 15, and then in week 15 a different new orleans RB will get points instead. None of them will get very much points, though.

Anyway in all seriousness, the fantasy football main thread is full of posts about hightower so I didn't figure it was much of a secret.

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.
No, not a secret, but Hightower is really bad.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Dear Mike Wallace and Kyle Rudolph,

gently caress you. I held you all season and you didnt do poo poo. I dropped you wednesday and you put up 22ish combined on Thursday.

Eat poo poo.
-Spermy

Edit: Apparently I didnt drop Kyle Rudolph.

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Dec 11, 2015

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Look at this. This is just showing off.

atomictyler
May 8, 2009
I got 20.3 from just my safety last night.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Captain Kirk take me to the promise land

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
I just realized that my matchups for most of my offensive guys absolutely suck for next week. Whoever gets me will probably win in a walkover.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm facing Finkle in the semifinals next week and I don't like my chances.

Gronk might be back. Palmer plays Philly, which loves to give hilarious amounts of points to QBs. That should be good for Floyd, too. AB faces Denver, but I don't think even the broncos can shut down Antonio. And Finkle is otherwise pretty well stacked with solid players.

Meanwhile, I get to start Dalton in SF, which isn't terrible, but the rest of my players are just OK and their matchups are mostly just OK.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Dec 12, 2015

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I can't believe only one of you went for Richard Rodgers. I seriously vaccilated about making a claim myself, but I already have both Olsen and Gates. I thought about dropping Vance McDonald for him, but I figured it'd cost me $7 or so to grab Rodgers and I have McDonald for a buck, as a lottery ticket upside TE for next year.

But really? A starting NFL tight end being thrown to by Aaron Rodgers gets one bid in Dynasty? He is the #9 tight end in our scoring this year. Welp.

also: one bid for CJ Spiller, zero bids for Tim Hightower.

In other news, here are your salary caps after Saturday transactions:

pre:
Team				Current total salary	Current salary cap space
First Down Syndrome		$167.50			$82.50
Who Da Titoons?			$219.00			$31.00
Percy Riot			$155.00			$95.00
Gridiron Chefs			$185.50			$64.50
Team McLean			$207.00			$43.00
Former Kicker Ray Finkle	$229.00			$21.00
Mediocre Cougars		$181.50			$68.50
Ash Ketchum Gotta catch em	$245.50			$4.50
Concord Concordes		$217.00			$33.00
1017 BRICK SQUAD		$158.00			$92.00
Placeholder Team Name		$144.50			$105.50
Hawk Hunters			$220.50			$29.50

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Doesnt DickRod put up either 1pt or 10? Terribly inconsistent. But if people are looking for someone just because Aaron is throwing to them, let me know because Adams is available for trade!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Most TEs are pretty swingy. I think a big issue is the green bay packers have been very swingy this year, actually. But I mean, as a 2nd TE option on a dynasty team? I'd have thought a no-brainer.

But yes would anyone like to purchase a slightly used Randall Cobb?

Anyhoo, for the first time this season I'm going to be busy almost all day Sunday, so I'm pretty happy to have a bye. I hate missing my matchups.

atomictyler
May 8, 2009
I have no problems with it.

free agents were cheap to start the season and seem to be to end the season also.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

I have three TEs ranging from "better than average" to "outstanding" and we have a 3 TE roster limit!!!