Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
khy
Aug 15, 2005

Azhais posted:

Every companion does this

So far Cait hasn't offered to carry poo poo. All she ever says is she wants to split the caps and ammo I get from looting people. Then again my approval with her is low since I can't do a ton of sidequests to raise it, since she's a BITCH who hates every faction.

I need to replace her with Codsworth and give him a bowler hat. Also why are there no Mr Handy Monocles in the game???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

Ashheap Empire posted:

I hope no one likes using mods here. It looks like the latest patch causes the launcher to edit your .ini files for you to disable mods on start. lol

Isn't this just the effect of the beta patch? Bethesda beta patches disable mods because they gently caress with testing (can't pinpoint if crash errors are due to mods or the game itself for example).

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
I deleted this joker

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

suuma posted:

Isn't this just the effect of the beta patch? Bethesda beta patches disable mods because they gently caress with testing (can't pinpoint if crash errors are due to mods or the game itself for example).

nah, the main launcher now does that. it edits the plugins.txt or whatever located in your appdata/local folder to only load the main esm
you can bypass it just by editing that back and launching directly from the exe, though

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

khy posted:

So far Cait hasn't offered to carry poo poo. All she ever says is she wants to split the caps and ammo I get from looting people. Then again my approval with her is low since I can't do a ton of sidequests to raise it, since she's a BITCH who hates every faction.

I need to replace her with Codsworth and give him a bowler hat. Also why are there no Mr Handy Monocles in the game???

Just be naked,drunk and high and she'll like you. Also She seems to like The Brotherhood.

Ashheap Empire
Jul 22, 2000

Kings taste terrible at best
and rest in peace raw
The rest are recipes
*CAAAWWWW*

Fereydun posted:

nah, the main launcher now does that. it edits the plugins.txt or whatever located in your appdata/local folder to only load the main esm
you can bypass it just by editing that back and launching directly from the exe, though

A part of me wishes it wasn't so easy to work around. The crying on nexus would have been hilarious and it's always fun to laugh at Bethesda's screw ups.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Boy howdy is Spectacle Island one big "gently caress you" spawn after another but it was fun and worth it to earn my spooky island lair.

After killing a bunch of rear end in a top hat mirelurk hunters, then a big glowing mirelurk with a posse, then a mirelurk king, then a legendary special mirelurk king, then a mirelurk queen, I was finally able to slap down my flag and claim this damned land.

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem

Yardbomb posted:

Boy howdy is Spectacle Island one big "gently caress you" spawn after another but it was fun and worth it to earn my spooky island lair.

After killing a bunch of rear end in a top hat mirelurk hunters, then a big glowing mirelurk with a posse, then a mirelurk king, then a legendary special mirelurk king, then a mirelurk queen, I was finally able to slap down my flag and claim this damned land.

You know you can bypass all the mirelurk fighting just by activating the mirelurk-repelling speaker system, right

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

HJE-Cobra posted:

You know you can bypass all the mirelurk fighting just by activating the mirelurk-repelling speaker system, right

I figured after it was all over already, but it was more exciting to blow all those jerks away anyhow.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one

Ashheap Empire posted:

I hope no one likes using mods here. It looks like the latest patch causes the launcher to edit your .ini files for you to disable mods on start. lol
Oh look, the exact reason I didn't want to buy this title on steam has happened.

A service that forces you to update games is not something I enjoy but, y'know, steam exclusive for PC and all. :sigh:

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Entropic posted:

What do super mutants do with those bags if miscellaneous gristle anyways? It's one of of the few things where I'm glad the game's graphics aren't better.
Stuff prey into the bags to let them bleed and season. In the old days people used to hang a pheasant by the neck until it ripped off and fell to the ground, then they knew it was ready to eat.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Corzaa posted:

Just be naked,drunk and high and she'll like you. Also She seems to like The Brotherhood.

I like to think that my John Fallout is smart enough not to be running around an irradiated wasteland without clothes on. No but seriously, that's a really odd thing for her to be totally into.

Kinda annoyed with the beta patch not addressing some issues I've had or am having - my Vault-Tec Rep bug (Which many others seem to have), jukebox/tv affecting settler happiness, etc.

I unironically hope they release mods/DLC/whatever that just HUGELY boosts the amount of decorative poo poo that can be built in settlement mode. I feel like my settlements just are lacking. My outdoor restaurant/bar is nice and all but still seems missing some things to make it less.... empty I guess. Potted plants helped that a lot but I NEED MORE. I need lights hung from wires (without using cheat engine). I need buildable neon signs, fountains, barrels, silos... I want to remove the grass that clips through the floors of my domiciles. I want mag-lock doors that only work for me. Buildable first-aid-boxes, mirrors, sinks, refridgerators, god the list is so long.

khy fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Dec 7, 2015

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Great, right when I decide to play again the game auto-updates and now all my mods will be broken :suicide:

khy posted:

I like to think that my John Fallout is smart enough not to be running around an irradiated wasteland without clothes on. No but seriously, that's a really odd thing for her to be totally into.

Hancock loves it too, apparently.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
What's the best way to get mass quantities of wood? It looks like only Moe sells in bulk and only carries one 100 count shipment at a time. There's no more wood on spectacle island either.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

khy posted:

Just have to pick locks, dude. That'll supersede pretty much anything she might disagree with.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

khy posted:

I unironically hope they release mods/DLC/whatever that just HUGELY boosts the amount of decorative poo poo that can be built in settlement mode. I feel like my settlements just are lacking. My outdoor restaurant/bar is nice and all but still seems missing some things to make it less.... empty I guess. Potted plants helped that a lot but I NEED MORE. I need lights hung from wires (without using cheat engine). I need placeable neon signs, fountains, barrels, silos...

In the mod scene Settlement supplies expanded (Ssex) does this pretty well as far as I've heard/seen. It adds all those things you see in the world that you wish you could build, to be now buildable in settlements. Useful stuff like bunkbeds that count for 2 a piece, buncha different doors and windows and stuff like that, planter pots for crops and so on. Then a heap of decorative stuff as well, even lets you slap down flora if you'd like some more trees or bushes, all sorts of stuff.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Dec 7, 2015

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Yardbomb posted:

In the mod scene Settlement supplies expanded (Ssex) already does this pretty well as far as I've heard/seen. It just adds all those things you see in the world to be buildable in settlements, bunkbeds that count for 2, buncha different doors and windows and stuff like that, planter pots for crops, lets you slap down flora if you'd like some more trees or bushes, all sorts of stuff.

I'm extremely wary about installing mods right now since we're still lacking on many of the tools available, and I've already heard stories about saves being corrupted or bloated by mods. If the GECK was already out and usable I'd feel a lot more comfortable using them. Has Ssex been working relatively well with no adverse effects on saves?

ALSO : We need a mod that lets us rename settlers, because I can never remember who's assigned to what. Maybe I need to spend more time making all my settlers wear unique outfits...

Sergeant_Crunch posted:

What's the best way to get mass quantities of wood? It looks like only Moe sells in bulk and only carries one 100 count shipment at a time. There's no more wood on spectacle island either.

I tore down every tree, cluster, stump, and fallen branches in sanctuary and ended up with something like 1200 wood. Didn't even need to start in on the picket fences or buildings. Though you CAN get a lot of wood from the various crates and unneeded containers around the place...

I'm sure other semi-wooded settlements could also be razed to build up one big one.

khy fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Dec 7, 2015

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
I'm surprised they missed the opportunity to link the Fallout Shelter game in some way. It would be really neat to be able to link your game and then have people from your vault show up in the Commonwealth. Or, maybe you explore the vault and find all of your dead vault dwellers.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

More pre-built options would be nice too, for those of us who can't be hosed to do it from scratch every time.

lunatikfringe
Jan 22, 2003

Sanctum posted:

Oh look, the exact reason I didn't want to buy this title on steam has happened.

A service that forces you to update games is not something I enjoy but, y'know, steam exclusive for PC and all. :sigh:

You could technically play in offline mode so that your games never update. Such is the state of games today.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

khy posted:

I'm extremely wary about installing mods right now since we're still lacking on many of the tools available, and I've already heard stories about saves being corrupted or bloated by mods. If the GECK was already out and usable I'd feel a lot more comfortable using them. Has Ssex been working relatively well with no adverse effects on saves?

Their last big update was to fix exactly that worry apparently.

"Complete rewrite of the mod without using FalloutSnip. Mod should be much more stable and has a far lower chance of corrupting saves."

Link if you wanna check it out: Settlement Supplies Expanded 2.5 - Safe SSEx

"73 Useable Furniture Items (Beds/Chair/Benches)
66 Doors (That do not need to be attached to a wall)
4 Miscellaneous Interactive Objects (Barber/Surgery Chair, etc.)
243 Static Objects (Cars/Trees/Rocks, etc.)
1 Alternate Power Armor Rack"

Buddies using it haven't had a gripe yet either, having been using it before this update as well.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Dec 7, 2015

lunatikfringe
Jan 22, 2003

MY ABACUS! posted:

I'm surprised they missed the opportunity to link the Fallout Shelter game in some way. It would be really neat to be able to link your game and then have people from your vault show up in the Commonwealth. Or, maybe you explore the vault and find all of your dead vault dwellers.

Agreed and wish this was done with more games. Dragon Age Origins had a web based mini game pre-launch that rewarded a couple in game items. Was pretty groundbreaking at the time.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

lunatikfringe posted:

Agreed and wish this was done with more games. Dragon Age Origins had a web based mini game pre-launch that rewarded a couple in game items. Was pretty groundbreaking at the time.

Fable 2 did this as well, along with a gambling mini-game collection that you'd unlock loot for.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

MY ABACUS! posted:

I was thinking about this earlier. They should have tied it into the settlement building, maybe by letting you escape the vault after some time and build outside like in fallout 4. That would make some sort of sense, and would discredit the idea of settlement building being nothing more than a bone to throw to the minecraft/survival games crowd.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Ashheap Empire posted:

Just set the plugin.ini file read only, then it can't do poo poo.

Sanctum posted:

I hate bugfixes too :argh:

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

khy posted:

Then again my approval with her is low since I can't do a ton of sidequests to raise it, since she's a BITCH who hates every faction.

No kidding. She says she likes fighting bit I never saw her rating increase from fighting. Does she like anything?

She hates me doing drugs, she hates me doing railroad quests, she hates me doing silver shroud quests. She hates me talking to that singer.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

lunatikfringe posted:

Groundbreaking was Skies of Arcadia on the dreamcast where you could play a minigame on the memory card as a portable and then get items to use in the console game.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Zephyrine posted:

No kidding. She says she likes fighting bit I never saw her rating increase from fighting. Does she like anything?

She hates me doing drugs, she hates me doing railroad quests, she hates me doing silver shroud quests. She hates me talking to that singer.

Cait likes snark, she likes you doing drugs until you do her quest, she likes mercenary mentality (asking for money on quests). She by and large likes helping people. I raised almost everyone's affinity just doing Preston's bitch work and selecting different opening lines with the farmers.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
I came across some dude called Timothy who wanted to know where Bunker Hill is, haven't found it yet though, what happens when you tell him?

gasman
Mar 21, 2013

hey now
OK, the final patch is out, great, but how do I opt out of the beta? The beta tab has vanished from the properties window.
Or is the patch just supposed to overwrite the beta automatically, and it just hasn't been released in my region yet?
Bethesdaaa!

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Wolfsheim posted:

I've been rolling with Hancock for a bit, and I can't get a read on that guy. I know I know, help good people and hurt bad people, but come on man, give me easy approval tics for lockpicking or modding weapons or something like the rest of the losers I hang out with.

Also, are there any ramifications for fighting BoS patrols? I wasn't going to, but a legendary with a wounding sniper rifle showed up in the city and her and her squad had a bad accident.

DO DRUGS YOU PUSSY BITCH

Hancock rewards the chill, he likes helping people, hurting bad guys and doing copious amounts of narcotics.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

I just got to The Institute and I don't think I can gently caress them over like I planned to initially. Blood is thicker than water. Gonna go meet the rest of the folks but I think the brotherhood is gonna have to get hosed.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Zephyrine posted:

She's kinda like a bad karma companion in that she likes being mean to people and such.

Some of the stuff she likes:

Lockpicking
Rude/aggressive dialog options, threatening people, provoking people to fight in conversations
Asking for more money to do quests
Taking drugs and giving drugs to other people (dislikes it after her personal quest)
Drinking hard liquor
Helping people get clean of drugs (dislikes it before her personal quest)
The player running around naked
Keeping the Drinking Buddy robot for yourself

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Viva, you fool. The Brotherhood of Steel is the only true ending. They're competent, they're successful, and they're exactly the heavy-handed assholes the Wasteland clearly deserves, what with what must be easily two-thirds of its population turned psycho-raider or murderous thug.\

Also, they don't immediately make you their leader while simultaneously demanding you do everything personally.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

e: dp

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

I hope this update doesn't fix the Yao Guai Roast, which basically turns you into One Punch Man.

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

~rero rero rero rero rero

Tokelau All Star posted:

I hope this update doesn't fix the Yao Guai Roast, which basically turns you into One Punch Man.

Oh, wow, I thought something was up when I was suddenly one-shotting everything on Spectacle Island after taking all my damage increasing drugs/food. Wasn't aware there was a bug with that.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Zephyrine posted:

Groundbreaking was Skies of Arcadia on the dreamcast where you could play a minigame on the memory card as a portable and then get items to use in the console game.

Yet another dreamcast game I would buy on day 1 of PC release as long as it was a competent port.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

pentyne posted:

Yet another dreamcast game I would buy on day 1 of PC release as long as it was a competent port.

It came out on Gamecube, and it was a very competent port (Minus the VDU minigame). If you have a gamecube or wii you can grab it and play it there.

Still one of my all-time favorite jRPG games. Especially ship combat oh god how I love the ship-to-ship combat once you get the delphinus.

OFF TOPIC BACK TO FALLOUT

Question regarding Codsworth. I picked a name that's on his list of approved names (Sadly it isn't "Mr Boobies") and now I am wondering if he'll call me by name while I adventure in the world, or if it was ONLY that one tiny bit in the prolog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Idiot Savant Melee builds are insanely easy holy poo poo. Just enter vats and hammer the left mouse button.

• Locked thread