Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

NecroMonster posted:

Ghouls ain't supposed to be juicy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrTargetPractice
Mar 17, 2004

So the whole setting my plugins.txt file to read only isn't working for me in Windows 10. It just over writes it with a blank file and ignores the whole read only thing. Anyone have any ideas?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Just cause it's glowin' don't mean it's juicy.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

I haven't been able to find a BBW ghoul mod anywhere, where did you get yours?

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Necropolis was a good bit of gallows humor on the whole from the ghouls who lived there. They knew most wastelanders treated them like movie zombies despite evidence to the contrary and most of them were well past their natural human lifespan. Why not call it the city of the dead? Isn't the name even foreshadowing that the town is doomed regardless of what the Vault Dweller does?

In defense of bigoted wastelanders, if you can't tell a good ghoul from a bad one unless they start talking, you're then only on the same footing as if you just met a random wanderer who might or might not want to kill you. The ghoul also likes to hide among his wild, flesh-crazed bros and might also deteriorate at any moment into one of those bros. they might also be full of enough rads to cook your insides during an extended conversation and are certainly immune to many environmental hazards that they may not think to warn you of while in their territory. Hmm, remind me why ghouls haven't been hunted and exterminated? This should be a DLC. Kill all ghouls. All of them. Yes, even the nice ones.

Seriously. Fallout 1. Necropolis. First screen it dumps you on is lousy with aggro feral packs. gently caress them.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I haven't been able to find a BBW ghoul mod anywhere, where did you get yours?

I found it... in my heart

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

NecroMonster posted:

They look way too juicy. Ghouls ain't supposed to be juicy.

The ghoul-o-matic I bought from this guy says otherwise

Kenlon
Jun 27, 2003

Digitus Impudicus
Dammit.

I've got that bug where power armor resets to defaults when I fast-travel. And I had all my suits all nicely kitted out. Does anyone know a good way to tell what mods are causing this problem?

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Pvt.Scott posted:

Necropolis was a good bit of gallows humor on the whole from the ghouls who lived there. They knew most wastelanders treated them like movie zombies despite evidence to the contrary and most of them were well past their natural human lifespan. Why not call it the city of the dead? Isn't the name even foreshadowing that the town is doomed regardless of what the Vault Dweller does?

In defense of bigoted wastelanders, if you can't tell a good ghoul from a bad one unless they start talking, you're then only on the same footing as if you just met a random wanderer who might or might not want to kill you. The ghoul also likes to hide among his wild, flesh-crazed bros and might also deteriorate at any moment into one of those bros. they might also be full of enough rads to cook your insides during an extended conversation and are certainly immune to many environmental hazards that they may not think to warn you of while in their territory. Hmm, remind me why ghouls haven't been hunted and exterminated? This should be a DLC. Kill all ghouls. All of them. Yes, even the nice ones.

Seriously. Fallout 1. Necropolis. First screen it dumps you on is lousy with aggro feral packs. gently caress them.

Sounds like you should just side with the BoS and be done with it.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
ghouls aren't based on zombies, they are based on the photos of real life nuclear bomb survivors mixed with some sci-fi to explain "wait, why would you be fighting burn victims so long after the war?"

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Kenlon posted:

Dammit.

I've got that bug where power armor resets to defaults when I fast-travel. And I had all my suits all nicely kitted out. Does anyone know a good way to tell what mods are causing this problem?

Any mod that edits cells does this, post your modlist and we should be able to work it out.

greatBigJerk posted:

That's a bummer. The textures look cool and are more in line with what I'd expect the feral ghouls to look like, but loving with the sound design for them is weird. I guess the dude needs to fulfill his "vision" or whatever

Depending how hes done it you may just be able to download it and drop the textures in by themselves for weird ghouls with normal sounds.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
Those textures look pretty bad, imo. The top showcase video on the mod page where it does a wipe really shows off how much worse they look.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Falken posted:

D.E.C.A.Y. (Better ghouls)

Someone decided to make the ghouls just downright "nope", so to speak. Looks really well done.

These look like hot loving garbage sitting on the side of the road about as far away from 'really well done' as possible.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Turn your monitor on

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

strong bird posted:

Turn your monitor on

Is your entire purpose in this thread to insult people, your post history suggests it is.

The ghoul mod has some good idea,s if done a bit better they could be cool.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Kea posted:

Is your entire purpose in this thread to insult people, your post history suggests it is.

The ghoul mod has some good idea,s if done a bit better they could be cool.

Yeah, I like the idea of even more horrific ghouls, but the graphics aren't up to par with the idea in this one.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
You also don't have to install the whole mod, just don't install the sounds. Easy!

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
Why don't feral ghouls have the same texture as non feral ghouls? That always bugged me.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Cuz they're wild!

Kenlon
Jun 27, 2003

Digitus Impudicus

Kea posted:

Any mod that edits cells does this, post your modlist and we should be able to work it out.

Here's my list:
Adjusted Encounter Zones - Adjusted Encounter Zones
Armorsmith Extended - Armorsmith Extended v1.71
Craftable Ammunition Gameplay Effects and Changes
Craftable Guns and Weapons - Craftable Guns and Weapons
Easy Hacking - Easy Hacking
Full Dialogue Interface
Homemaker - Expanded Settlements - Homemaker - OCDecorator Compatibility Patch
Homemaker - Expanded Settlements - Homemaker 1.21
Improved Map with Visible Roads - Improved Map with Visible Roads
Increased Settler Population with Infinite Settlement Budget - IncreasedSettlerPopulation30
Increased Settler Population with Infinite Settlement Budget - NoObjectLimit
Longer Power Lines - Longer Power Lines 3x Gameplay
More Spawns - More Spawns v2
More Where That Came From - Diamond City Radio Edition - MWTCF Main Mod 2.1
NX Pro Farming
OCDecorator - OCDecorator - VER 0.28b Crafting - Home
Simple Intersection - Simple Intersection - Homemaker 1.13 Patch - Fixed
Simple Intersection - Simple Intersection - Update - Fixed Materials Records
Trees Have Colorful Leaves - The leaves have returned
Value per Weight indicator for container UI - ValuePerWeight-v0.2.zip
Weapon Balance Overhaul - Weaponry Overhaul

The weird part is I've been pretty much using these for a while, but only just noticed the problem starting to happen - and I've had customized PA for a while.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
I think this might be a good solution to enemy levels, but his english is awful and Im not sure.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4925/

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

MrTargetPractice posted:

So the whole setting my plugins.txt file to read only isn't working for me in Windows 10. It just over writes it with a blank file and ignores the whole read only thing. Anyone have any ideas?

No ideas, but I can confirm that it worked fine for me.

The other option is to run the FO4 launcher, then enable the mods with NMM or whatever, set plugins.txt as read-only, and then start the game.

Kenlon
Jun 27, 2003

Digitus Impudicus

MrTargetPractice posted:

Update NMM, the newest version handles that.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Adjusted Encounter Zones makes the early game insanely hard, Corvega is still almost impossible at level 11. Almost ... if you run out of psychojet. :black101:

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4760/

Better Weapon Mod Descriptions

Here's an example, using the Hunting Rifle .50 Receiver:

Old Description: Exceptional Damage. Changes ammo type to .50 Caliber. Improved rate of fire.
Okay, we get the picture. Kind of vague though.

Better Weapon Mod Descriptions: +75% Damage. Uses .50 Rounds. +25% Fire Rate. -25% Reload Time.
Ah, actual numbers. And who knew that the .50 Receiver actually increases Reload Speed by 25%?

These kinds of changes have been applied to all weapon mods (including unique weapons and legendary modifiers) in the game, revealing actual numbers and sometimes even previously unknown modifiers for those who like their descriptions actually, well, descriptive.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Zodium posted:

Adjusted Encounter Zones makes the early game insanely hard, Corvega is still almost impossible at level 11. Almost ... if you run out of psychojet. :black101:

Yeah, I forgot for a bit that I installed this for my main save. Then tried to do a fresh run on normal (with the 2-3x bigger groups mod as well) and I ran out of ammo before I even made it to the door where Preston and his lovely crew hides.

I didn't even realize it was because of mods until I saw your post and remembered I installed those things. :negative:

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

randombattle posted:

Yeah man they've always been mindless rotting zombies. They could never have a city or anything in the old fallout games.

Man, I've been having problems with how Bethesda has used ghouls, but it is like the opposite way this mod maker sees it. Harold himself was sort of the exception to the norm in Fallout, staying in the slums of a part of town with a crazy person talking stories about death claws and the like and even commented on how people saw mutants like ghouls himself, he himself having been a mutant-hunter. Not a whole lot of people dared to travel all the way to the Necropolis, though there were some trade caravans that did.

Replaying Fallout 1 has made me fall in love with that game all over again.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Otacon posted:

These kinds of changes have been applied to all weapon mods (including unique weapons and legendary modifiers) in the game, revealing actual numbers and sometimes even previously unknown modifiers for those who like their descriptions actually, well, descriptive.

I might actually detail the changes recievers make in my next version if only FO4Edit would stop crashing if I changed description strings to longer than a hundred characters

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Otacon posted:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4760/

Better Weapon Mod Descriptions

Here's an example, using the Hunting Rifle .50 Receiver:

Old Description: Exceptional Damage. Changes ammo type to .50 Caliber. Improved rate of fire.
Okay, we get the picture. Kind of vague though.

Better Weapon Mod Descriptions: +75% Damage. Uses .50 Rounds. +25% Fire Rate. -25% Reload Time.
Ah, actual numbers. And who knew that the .50 Receiver actually increases Reload Speed by 25%?

Ooh, it even has alternate files for compatibility with popular mods like Weapon Rebalance. I almost didn't notice the first time when it said it wasn't compatible with other weapon-related mods.

PiCroft
Jun 11, 2010

I'm sorry, did I break all your shit? I didn't know it was yours

I hope when G.E.C.K comes out, modders can add new weapons. I like the ability to configure weapons so you can turn a pistol into an assault rifle or a sniper rifle, but I've been playing Tale of two Wastelands recently and I kind of miss the weapon variety of the previous games.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

PiCroft posted:

I hope when G.E.C.K comes out, modders can add new weapons. I like the ability to configure weapons so you can turn a pistol into an assault rifle or a sniper rifle, but I've been playing Tale of two Wastelands recently and I kind of miss the weapon variety of the previous games.
Having the recievers make the guns do more damage just irks my gunsperg and I can't wait to be able to fix that practically wholesale

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I would absolutely give up fallout 4's level of weapon mods in exchange for new vegas' number of weapons. But,

Amstrad posted:

Had to try this to satisfy my own curiosity. It is not currently possible to get /any/ new models into the game as Beth has changed the model format and the guys who support NifSkope will need to decipher it. This also means unless Bethsoft releases a model viewer/editor/exporter/importer as part of the mod tools (which they haven't done in the past), we probably won't even be able to do custom models when they get their mod tools out.

Talkie Toaster
Jan 23, 2006
May contain carcinogens
I wish they'd drop the min/max range entries, they're just guidelines for the AI.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Talkie Toaster posted:

I wish they'd drop the min/max range entries, they're just guidelines for the AI.
they also determine when bullet damage falls off a cliff, that's actually a mechanic in this game now.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Seditiar posted:

Yeah, I forgot for a bit that I installed this for my main save. Then tried to do a fresh run on normal (with the 2-3x bigger groups mod as well) and I ran out of ammo before I even made it to the door where Preston and his lovely crew hides.

I didn't even realize it was because of mods until I saw your post and remembered I installed those things. :negative:

Haha, yeah, More Spawns is right out for early game. EAZ is very good since you either need to put on power armor for hard fights, or totally avoid getting shot, although I'm also running 5x NPC damage. I've had to pull out all the stops I usually never use, mining the hell out of places combined with sneak minigun attacks (murdering one group with the minigun and incoming ones with mines), etc. It's really fun without being the sort of spergy minimalism 'immersive' mods usually give you to raise the difficulty.

Talkie Toaster
Jan 23, 2006
May contain carcinogens

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

they also determine when bullet damage falls off a cliff, that's actually a mechanic in this game now.
Huh, fair enough then.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Gestalt Intellect posted:

I would absolutely give up fallout 4's level of weapon mods in exchange for new vegas' number of weapons. But,

While this may be true I think discounting new models completely is a bit over the top. It entirely depends how different things are, we can allready edit existing models to a degree with nifskope.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Nifscope can import models to view, I am not sure about exporting to the same nif format the game uses though.

Besides, if i were going to make/adjust something, I would make it and export as .obj probably, then import into nifscope,
when I am sure that nifscope can export, then you can expect D-cup molerats.

Edit: also, one of the first things we will get from that would actually be seperated clothing/armor items.

staberind fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Dec 8, 2015

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Kenlon posted:

Here's my list:
Adjusted Encounter Zones - Adjusted Encounter Zones
Armorsmith Extended - Armorsmith Extended v1.71
Craftable Ammunition Gameplay Effects and Changes
Craftable Guns and Weapons - Craftable Guns and Weapons
Easy Hacking - Easy Hacking
Full Dialogue Interface
Homemaker - Expanded Settlements - Homemaker - OCDecorator Compatibility Patch
Homemaker - Expanded Settlements - Homemaker 1.21
Improved Map with Visible Roads - Improved Map with Visible Roads
Increased Settler Population with Infinite Settlement Budget - IncreasedSettlerPopulation30
Increased Settler Population with Infinite Settlement Budget - NoObjectLimit
Longer Power Lines - Longer Power Lines 3x Gameplay
More Spawns - More Spawns v2
More Where That Came From - Diamond City Radio Edition - MWTCF Main Mod 2.1
NX Pro Farming
OCDecorator - OCDecorator - VER 0.28b Crafting - Home
Simple Intersection - Simple Intersection - Homemaker 1.13 Patch - Fixed
Simple Intersection - Simple Intersection - Update - Fixed Materials Records
Trees Have Colorful Leaves - The leaves have returned
Value per Weight indicator for container UI - ValuePerWeight-v0.2.zip
Weapon Balance Overhaul - Weaponry Overhaul

The weird part is I've been pretty much using these for a while, but only just noticed the problem starting to happen - and I've had customized PA for a while.

Possibly more spawns, depends how it does it.Maybe treeshave colorful leaves. Depends yet again how it does it, its edits to cells which seem to cause the issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
As I was bitten by the "cell reset" problem with scrap scrap, all my power armor bits are stored and the frames parked. although I have noticed an odd thing, they sometimes have armor on them, but not in their inventory.

• Locked thread