Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
lol @ calling kingdom death 'sex-positive'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

Ilor posted:

:10bux: to the first Goon that buys this mini and paints her that way.

Wait, it's on sale? I thought they just brought out a render they had and added snakes.

Also, if you paint the model, you have to convert the tears into snakes. Add tiny greenstuff snake heads, and all that.

Paint the cloth as a french flag while you're at it.

EDIT:

I bet it's Doralys, the virgin oracle, one of the rewards (I guess) for pledging in their second/recent/whatever Kickstarter that collected something to the tune of 800K

JcDent fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Dec 5, 2015

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid

LoG posted:

Ummm most players I know don't have one color of paint.

Sorry I come from a warhammer background where its expected that you spend two hours per day painting tiny mans and glueing miniature grass on their base. It didn't occur to me that a lot of wargame players don't even own a brush.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Not a viking posted:

Sorry I come from a warhammer background where its expected that you spend two hours per day painting tiny mans and glueing miniature grass on their base. It didn't occur to me that a lot of wargame players don't even own a brush.

To be fair, we also had Warhammer players in mind!

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Not a viking posted:

What the gently caress.

Also reminded me that when I went to a FLGS in London, they were having a Warmahordes tournament and they were honestly some of the best painted armies I'd seen in person.

Granted most armies I've seen have been 10-13 year old's 40k stuff in my local GW.

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008
It's quite odd - the Warmahoards guys at Firestorm are All painted - some amazingly, some frankly quite bad but they look ok on the table,
The Infinity guys. it's Mostly unpainted (I'm painting and basing mine, but not there yet) - and half of them are happy that way.

I still think a house-rule of (for 40k) Prefered Enemy:Unpainted, or something similar for other games would be good as a base (to be ignored for new people etc as appropriate)

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

To be fair to Infinity players those models are daunting as gently caress.

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

I enjoyed painting infinity, and I think it's relatively easy to make them look really good due to the sculpt quality. That said true scale can be terrifying if you aren't accustomed to it.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
I picked a bad place to start, I think. I should have picked the monocoque figures that are just a cool guy in armor. Instead I got sucked in by their more elaborate pieces.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

JcDent posted:

What about hamster ball?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xziKVv2yQJU

Improbable Lobster posted:

What, it's positive it wants sex, or is that not what that means? :v:

Kwyndig fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Dec 6, 2015

JcDent
May 13, 2013

I had already stripped my NCA Starter once and will see how it looks like in Tron colors.

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

That was bad and you should feel bad. :zoid:

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Really seems like more of a game opinion.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Improbable Lobster posted:

Hey, they aren't stick figures with unrealistic proportions. They just have impossible hip-waist ratios! Plus, hello, in ancient times women used to dress sexy in celebration all the time... why do you think thongs were invented? All the pinups want to be there, you can tell because of their passive postures and expressions. Just look at the dragon pinup: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/a8/fd/fc/a8fdfcfd169f89f9c7053fa349175db8.jpg

Yes, those were some of the excuses I've seen for them. I mean, at least be honest and say you are buying them to wank off to.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Archaeology Hat posted:

What is wrong with her eyes?

Casting limitation? Or maybe that's how thick they think paint will go on, so it needs that much definition to stand out at the end.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

I just used "sex positive" as a buzzword to rewrite the thing.

goatface posted:

Casting limitation? Or maybe that's how thick they think paint will go on, so it needs that much definition to stand out at the end.

tears should probably be just painted on. And in any case, I think they took an existing model render and did the best they could in hammer iron while hot conditions.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
if they were just tacking on to the render they could add them as thin as they liked rather than giving her a leech having off each lower eyelid.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

I enjoyed painting infinity, and I think it's relatively easy to make them look really good due to the sculpt quality. That said true scale can be terrifying if you aren't accustomed to it.
My first true scale minis were for Aetherium, and yeah, it's a pretty sizeable paradigm shift. Your first thought is always, "My GODS! They're so tiny and spindly!" But once you get the hang of it, I think the end results are pretty :krad:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Did they draw her wearing high heels and forget to include the heel part?

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Zereth posted:

Did they draw her wearing high heels and forget to include the heel part?

She's doing the inward knees-thing on her toes. You can see a hint of heel on the right leg.

Speaking of plastic ladies, the female Bolt is seriously...smaller? finer? than male Bolts. like, she's the same height, but wayyy thinner in every way. Doing Tron highlight on that is horrible.

She also has a helmet that allows for free flow of hair for some reason. Probably to annoy me.

EDIT:

Hauki
May 11, 2010

im the grinning booblob

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Slaanesh is just slamming limbs and organs together to try and create and sexiest creature in the universe.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Just realised the one on the right has tits for an rear end.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
I wonder how all the sex horrors decided which one got to call itself "The Obscenity," was it just whatever one thought of it first?

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
I don't have time or money for minis, but one thing I've always wanted to do was a squad themed after the Solo "Jazz" cup design.

I feel like Eldar or Tyranids would work well with a mainly white color scheme, but having the actual Jazz design turned into a banner decal would work nice for any faction.

Then I'd have to make a rival faction with uh, I dunno a Pepsi logo theme/banner? No, wait, KFC COLOR SCHEME TYRANIDS WITH A CARNIFEX HIDING INSIDE A CHICKEN BUCKET

edit: actually you could make an ally squad with the Jazz guys using Mighty Ducks color and decals. Charlotte Hornets purple/teal color scheme matches too. You could probably keep going with a few more similar color schemes and have a whole white/purple/blue 90s pop culture army and each squad has its own logos and :words:

edit2:

This looks like a miniboss from Metal Slug

WITCHCRAFT fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Dec 7, 2015

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine

p-hop posted:

edit2:

This looks like a miniboss from Metal Slug

... Wow blast from the past.

I was like 'jesus christ, pierzak, not again'. But then it turns out that was from 100 pages ago.

So I was going to post a Tau army based on imperial japan, just to make a point that no one would get except me, and then I found this:

from here: http://www.urbanwarthegame.com/store.php?sitemap_id=131&subprodcat=19

This is femalgaze as gently caress:
http://www.urbanwarthegame.com/store.php?sitemap_id=56&subprodcat=10
(also malegaze, and that's my new term I hate the most of any term I've ever heard)

The range is a goldmine! Post your unfavorites. I like the helium balloon underboob on the first mini in the first faction under Blisters.

Also, kind of fun, I bought a couple of winged ladies from the VASA a while ago from my (now defunct) LGS:
http://www.urbanwarthegame.com/store.php?sitemap_id=58&subprodcat=12
Because I was going to use them as the base for a Necromunda Spyrer conversion (Yelds). But never knew what line/company they came from. So I learned something today :v:

Edit: Quick note, IMO, these guys are both awesome and terrible at the same time, as befits the thread. So I'm not saying 'look at how poo poo this is'. It's charmingly awkward.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I remember a dude tried to get one of my old gaming groups into Urban War. It never stuck.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Urban Mammoth as seen of Scotia Grendel is horribly 90s, and I've posted about it.

I too now hate male gaze and female gaze. Thanks, muffet,

Anyways, dunno how much you can complain about nekkid biodroids (basically the only UM minis sold on ebay, just like Blood Vestal titty daemonettes are the only painted Raging Heroes examples on google) since men are no less and even more naked (no need to cover chests). However, I'd expect them to be painted white, grey or slightly purple, to carry the biodroid theme home.

The real Anroid offender is this golden age motherfucker:

Coming to fight Detective Comic's Bat-man next week!

Now this is more like it, with a head that's waaay too big!

Take that, both GW and Corvus Belli!

At what point does underboob become just boob?

However, I could see these guys in Necromunda.

These guys want to don the blue/black and bash in some hive ganger skulls!

Hey, what the gently caress?

Also, according to the description, it constantly gives birth

Servo skulls with legs!

Just NO!

Comming from the racist triad range (triads are Chinese mafia, but the range looks Japanese as gently caress), it's the dragon fly

I dislike the tension lines on chests because it makes it look like the boobs are trying to get away from each other and the shirt is barely holding it.

WHATS WRONG WITH YOUR NEEECCK

the whole VASA range is crazy, since a third of it is ladie with naked limbs and cyborg wings. There's also a retarded, overgrown ABC warrior.

Neo-Iskandrians want to be IG even harder and they have the best female sniper.

However, this website is poo poo because it doesn't have Titus IV Scorpio

AVE! :psylon:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

JcDent posted:

Now this is more like it, with a head that's waaay too big!

I like this one because it looks like she's supposed to be a miniature people.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

JcDent posted:

Urban Mammoth as seen of Scotia Grendel is horribly 90s, and I've posted about it.

I too now hate male gaze and female gaze. Thanks, muffet,

Anyways, dunno how much you can complain about nekkid biodroids (basically the only UM minis sold on ebay, just like Blood Vestal titty daemonettes are the only painted Raging Heroes examples on google) since men are no less and even more naked (no need to cover chests). However, I'd expect them to be painted white, grey or slightly purple, to carry the biodroid theme home.

Please do not post like this in A Good Thread, nothing good can come of it.

Namaste.

Vermintide
Oct 26, 2013

Some of those are look so 90's I actually like them cause of the cheese factor. However I think my favorite is the spidersnakealien with the randomly placed boobs. Cuz I guess it's a girl spidersnakealien.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
I love how major segments of half their models are from late 90s GW figures, chopped up, greenstuffed into a new sculpt, and then cast to a mold.

Like the head on the boob snake's staff. I don't remember what it's from, but I swear that's a GW chunk. Same with the stabbing arms on the womb-monster.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So many battle merkins

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Somewhere I still have some poorly assembled Koralon guys. 16 year old me got talked into buying UW stuff. Thankfully it was just a starter box because that games rules never clicked with me.

It's a smaller scale version of Void which has dinosaur artillery though.

Doctor Borris
May 29, 2014

Sometimes Serious.
Sometimes Satirical.
Never Ever Sarcastic.
Ever.
That is some of the best adaptus mechanicus models never made by Gw. She gives birth to baby robot spiders.
She gives birth to baby robot spiders all the time!

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Doctor Borris posted:

That is some of the best adaptus mechanicus models never made by Gw. She gives birth to baby robot spiders.
She gives birth to baby robot spiders all the time!

It's a just a gross Tomb Spyder.

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ASK ME ABOUT TONING MY FINE ASS DWARVEN BOOTY BY RUNNING FROM THE COPS OUTSIDE THAT ELF KINDERGARTEN

BEHOLD THE DONG OF THE DWARVES! THE DWARVEN DONG IS COMING!

goatface posted:

So many battle merkins

I'm going to steal this term and use it from now on; it is an excellent description.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

http://www.scotiagrendel.com/Products/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=59_63&sort=20a&page=5

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Holy poo poo they still have Kyromek models! I grew up painting those and playing homebrew rules. My paintjobs from then would serve as pretty appropriate thread content, but the models are dope in that 90s way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JcDent
May 13, 2013

http://www.scotiagrendel.com/Products/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=217_218_59_63&products_id=2570

I don't think that I've ever seen an another model that wanted to be used as Leman Russ proxy that hard.

goatface posted:

So many battle merkins

Going by the wiki description, those would be close to battle codpieces.