Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I've heard they make great weight lifting shoes too but I wouldn't know because that poo poo's heavy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

I bought snow tires for my completely impractical car.

Blizzak WS80's, mounted on a pair of Enkei EKM3's that I had from my last car.

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing
Lowglow, a brand new puzzle game on Steam:

Originally bought because friend of mine did the sound design, but I was positively surprised by how much I liked it – it's a nice little brain twister, relaxing to play. The "story" has been pretty redundant so far though.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

AFewBricksShy posted:

I bought snow tires for my completely impractical car.

Really? They look astonishingly like rubber tires.

One Day Fish Sale
Aug 28, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Jerry Cotton posted:

Really? They look astonishingly like rubber tires.

Shut up, dad.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I've heard they make great weight lifting shoes too but I wouldn't know because that poo poo's heavy.

That's actually why I still have my old Chucks. The complete lack of support made me regret buying them for regular walking around shoes but I realized they'd be good for weight training and so they are.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
Thank you, outlet store discounts.

(Link) A little different from the florals I usually wear. I can't put my finger on it, but something about it makes me think of the opening credits or title card from Sleeping Beauty or some other old Disney movie.

Another H&M button-up. In-store only, so I couldn't find a real product shot. There are dark cobalt speckles on the shirt as well, but they're damned hard to spot except in direct sunlight.

(Link) Gordon tartan shirt. I wanted a similarly scaled blackwatch as well, but they didn't have it in my size.

(Link) Wool peacoat. My old ones are too big now, and it's finally starting to get cold here. Dunno how much their in-store pricing varies by location, but they were marked down to $25 at the one I went to.

Scarves. Another in-store-only, apparently, hence the crappy photo. Marked down to $5 each.

Jekub
Jul 21, 2006

April, May, June, July and August fool
Two nights at Amberly Castle Hotel, dinner included, with my wife to celebrate her birthday. Minus the kids.

Followed by a day in sunny Hull with Andy Walker at Creative Vandals tattoos for me.

Jekub has a new favorite as of 20:07 on Dec 5, 2015

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Because I saw this in another thread and knew I had to have it.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Man I'd actually buy that dumb thing but I guess it's sold out

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

FishBulb posted:

Man I'd actually buy that dumb thing but I guess it's sold out
Wait, was it one of their daily deals? Holy poo poo, I didn't even know.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!
My car needs/wants new tires (I'd just bought four new Contis for my old car when the damned thing blew out its transmission during rush hour on the M3 :stonk:). I also desperately need a new laptop for travel/sabbatical. I've got to hit up IKEA for anything to stow my clothes in to get them out of plastic totes.

So I just blew a wad on clothing:

Why do I do this just before my annual Brighton Christmas shop :negative: (and before January sales...I know all of this stuff will be reduced after Christmas, but. can't.resist.)

tentawesome
May 14, 2010

Please don't troll me online

I like to sew stuffed animals but I don't have space for a machine and mounds of fabric in my tiny apartment, so I'm hoping I can get into crochet. And HONY was on sale for ten bucks and I needed to get up to $35 to get free shipping.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Oneiros posted:

Some prescription eyeware. I had to get my CA drivers license recently and could barely pass the vision test so I decided it was time to get a new prescription and glasses. Haven't worn glasses or contacts in over a decade so this should be fun getting used to.

Hey which frames are these? I did a reverse image search and google is guessing that they are emporio armani, which they are not.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Coredump posted:

Hey which frames are these? I did a reverse image search and google is guessing that they are emporio armani, which they are not.

Oakley Socket 4.0

I have the exact same sunglasses. I've had them for a few years now. Very durable and they look great. Some people don't like the thicker bands that don't wrap around your ears, but I find them very comfortable. They also stay on really well, even while running around and sweating on a hot day.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Oneiros posted:

Some prescription eyeware. I had to get my CA drivers license recently and could barely pass the vision test

Jesus this is frightening.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

big mean giraffe posted:

Why? Barely passing the exam doesn't mean they're *blind*, it just means they're on the edge of needing correction to clearly make out road signs. So something like 20/40 or 20/60 vision. Not terrible by any stretch.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Ragequit posted:

Oakley Socket 4.0

I have the exact same sunglasses. I've had them for a few years now. Very durable and they look great. Some people don't like the thicker bands that don't wrap around your ears, but I find them very comfortable. They also stay on really well, even while running around and sweating on a hot day.

Yup! I'm just using them as regular eyeglasses but they're very comfortable and do a great job of staying in place.

big mean giraffe posted:

flosofl posted:

Why? Barely passing the exam doesn't mean they're *blind*, it just means they're on the edge of needing correction to clearly make out road signs. So something like 20/40 or 20/60 vision. Not terrible by any stretch.

Yeah, keep in mind I had been going for the better part of a decade without vision correction without much issue. I only have one bad eye and it's on the level of "can't read that highway sign" rather than ''is that a car?"

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Buying things for bikes is the best and also the worst.

Got some sweet sweet rubber slippers. Aside from bar tape these are the last things I need to finish my upcoming build... aiming for before Christmas to have all the parts shipped and assembled. So stoked.

strangemusic has a new favorite as of 02:58 on Dec 7, 2015

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

VendaGoat posted:

Early Christmas Present to myself.

Had the 3.0 version for awhile now and they are still holding up well. Warm as can be, even when you're not moving around much in sub 30 Degree F weather. Even when they get wet, they keep the heat in.

Just a BTW this poo poo is amazing. You'll be sweating in a 65 degree environment, you'll be comfortable in a sub 30 degree environment.

VendaGoat has a new favorite as of 16:43 on Dec 7, 2015

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Ms Boods posted:

So I just blew a wad on clothing:

My wife really wants to know where you got that dress.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib

VendaGoat posted:

Just a BTW this poo poo is amazing. You'll be seating in a 65 degree environment, you'll be comfortable in a sub 30 degree environment.

I have some UA coldgear compression shirts that look like that, but from several years back. They never did a super great job at warming like you all describe. Are these thicker, or using new fabric tech, or just the ones they had before with different styling? I could use a base layer that actually works for winter riding and such.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Coydog posted:

I have some UA coldgear compression shirts that look like that, but from several years back. They never did a super great job at warming like you all describe. Are these thicker, or using new fabric tech, or just the ones they had before with different styling? I could use a base layer that actually works for winter riding and such.

I have no idea what version you have. The 4.0 baselayer, which is what is pictured, is quilted on the inside and keeps you loving warm.

Just walking from my car to the store, all of three minutes, I was good an toasty.

I can't imagine actually working in these, as I would immediately break a sweat and drown.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Bought a pretty :krad: Member's Only jacket.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Coffee And Pie posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxWBeq2BisA

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Thanks, I knew my life was missing a certain movie poster

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

Slimy Hog posted:

My wife really wants to know where you got that dress.

Everything is off 'new in' at Oasis Clothing

http://www.oasis-stores.com/newin/dept/fcp-category/list

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Coffee And Pie posted:

I'm sorry for your epaulets :(

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Bought monitors today.

M-Audio AV42

Mackie CR3

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

NotAnArtist posted:

I'm sorry for your epaulets :(

I'm tempted to try and remove them and the collar snap tbh. I don't wanna ruin it tho, so I guess for now I'll live with it.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Hey I can add to this thread again.

Some gloves that went on sale that should be touch screen compatible:

Also in green because why not

Cable and hard drive enclosure to get some data off a drive.

And a JIS screwdriver

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

VendaGoat posted:

Early Christmas Present to myself.

Had the 3.0 version for awhile now and they are still holding up well. Warm as can be, even when you're not moving around much in sub 30 Degree F weather. Even when they get wet, they keep the heat in.

VendaGoat posted:

Just a BTW this poo poo is amazing. You'll be sweating in a 65 degree environment, you'll be comfortable in a sub 30 degree environment.

Guessing this is overkill for working out in a cold garage in the wintertime (Michigan)? Right now it's a bit warm at 40 degrees ~5am but it still takes a solid 20-30 minutes for my nat-gas heater to warm the space enough to the 50s. When the temps do finally drop I'd like some base layer while I lift weights. Will I be sweating balls and be uncomfortably hot in the 4.0 if the air temp in the garage is ~15-30?

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

TraderStav posted:

Guessing this is overkill for working out in a cold garage in the wintertime (Michigan)? Right now it's a bit warm at 40 degrees ~5am but it still takes a solid 20-30 minutes for my nat-gas heater to warm the space enough to the 50s. When the temps do finally drop I'd like some base layer while I lift weights. Will I be sweating balls and be uncomfortably hot in the 4.0 if the air temp in the garage is ~15-30?

Honestly you would want to be rather warm while lifting weights and stuff I would think.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

TraderStav posted:

Before I answer, please understand my experience may vary greatly from your own due to differences in Body Fat, other clothing worn, yadda yadda yadda.

4.0 Standing outside on a 38 degree day in Pittsburgh, jeans, hockey jersey and these on and I was just a little cold.
I've also slept in them, 60 degree house, didn't sweat and was as snug as wearing a comforter.

3.0 I worked a parade, as a photographer, in the rain, 40 degrees. I was also wearing rain gear, hockey jersey, under shirt and jeans. I was sweating, not profusely, but I was warm and the baselayer wicking did its job perfectly. thirty minutes in the car afterwards, heat pegged, and I was dry and comfortable enough to go to dinner with friends.

Something about the 4.0 I'm not used to, is it's a fitted cut. So you constantly feel like you are being gently squeezed. This is a proper fit.

I don't think you'll be sweating balls, but I do think you will be sweating as it traps all your body heat.

Some of the best money I spent.

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I bought $70 worth of socks. Aw yes.

Krypt-OOO-Nite!!
Oct 25, 2010
Picked up a few things the last week-odd.

First up the kid's main Xmas present.

I needed some new clothes.

(as a black sweater)

New headphones, cheap but I've read their not bad.

Kid has been showing a bigger interest in history so I managed to pick all these up just now for £11.

Sorry for phone posting.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

I like very small and compact wallets. I've been looking at this one here; http://dunwallets.com/, but wondering if you guys had any suggestions.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

obi_ant posted:

I like very small and compact wallets. I've been looking at this one here; http://dunwallets.com/, but wondering if you guys had any suggestions.

Dynomighty is always good.

https://www.dynomighty.com/categories/?billfold

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

obi_ant posted:

Real big fan of the saddleback leather wallet. Perfect size, great construction, and smells nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

obi_ant posted:

I've had a Bellroy slim sleeve for 2 years or so and I love it. When it disintegrates I'm going to buy another one.