Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Slightly disappointed the mom was killed off tonight because I would've liked to have seen what happened had she found out Bear killed Simone, but this show is still awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

ugh jesus now I can't talk about this around the water cooler tomorrow without shuffling around embarrassed because of the nerdy aliens gently caress

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Fuuuck I forgot that. It's not really confirmed tho. Maybe the lil girl called 911 or police.

Stupid aliens distracting night owl from his wife.

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.
Wait. "Special Guest Star Martin Freeman?"

The gently caress did I miss?

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Please don't act shameful about the awesome and tasteful aliens.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Terra-da-loo! posted:

Someone earlier said he was the narrator.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

KoRMaK posted:

Fuuuck I forgot that. It's not really confirmed tho. Maybe the lil girl called 911 or police.

I meant Jean Smart/Gerhardt matriarch whose name escapes me. She could've made Mags Bennett look mild.

Terra-da-loo! posted:

Martin Freeman was the narrator.

limeincoke
Jul 3, 2005

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Oh Christ, it's Rapid City all over again.

Fargo S4 confirmed.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:

Guy A. Person posted:

ugh jesus now I can't talk about this around the water cooler tomorrow without shuffling around embarrassed because of the nerdy aliens gently caress

You realize the whole world likes nerd poo poo now, right? And it wasn't even done in a nerdy way here.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

e- Wrong thread.

Eager to see what happens next week, though.

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.

CBJSprague24 posted:

Martin Freeman was the narrator.

Oh, duh. Thanks.

I really didn't care for his part. Shame.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I loving need a soundtrack to this show

Lost Season
Nov 28, 2013

Listen

Listen

I have no loving clue what's happening with this alien poo poo, and I have no idea where it's going, but I'm loving every minute of it.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
I don't even care how bizarre and jarring it was, the flying saucer just showing up all personal was amazing and I'm so glad we got that instead of them just sticking a UFO reference in every episode just for fun or something and not having any actual payoff.

Also, "It's just a flying saucer, hon, we gotta go"

~ACTUALIZED~

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
Jesus gently caress this show is great

I'm a huge baby and got misty when that Dr. Hook song started and they showed Molly's mom

Nairbo fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Dec 8, 2015

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Fuuuuuuuckkkkkk this show is so good.

That's what I say to myself after literally every episode. This will go down as one of the best seasons of television ever.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

They actually loving did it, oh my god

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
What was happening in the sky when the Bear and cop were fighting?

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Before anyone starts throwing around theories that Peggy's an alien because the UFO didn't faze her, the book at the beginning finally gave us some Ed & Peggy backstory. Peggy losing her parents and growing up on an isolated farm without anyone else around for miles makes a ton of sense for her character.

A bunch of idiots debating the merits of pissing in a pool, literally getting caught with their pants off

this show is pretty cool you guys

also appearantly the cover at the end was a new recording? I NEED THIS SOUNDTRACK RIGHT loving NOW

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

So so so so so so good.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
In all this madness, everyone forgot about Betsy. Poor Betsy.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

thehoodie posted:

In all this madness, everyone forgot about Betsy. Poor Betsy.

I didn't :(

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Now that was definitely a massacre at Sioux Falls. No two ways about it.
Ok, then.

wrt the aliens. I like how they are integrated in the story. They are sort of there, as a real thing, and people certainly react to them (curious, amazed, shocked etc) but they are not the main story, they are (so far) handled sort of gracefully (no abductions, no magical alien cancer cures, no human-alien conspiracies, no characters of alien origin they didn't know about etc).

It adds to the odd events and general flavor of the show - the writers probably realised that they can pull the rope of "this is a true story" further than they did in season one (eg with the convenient fish rain).

Peggy's line did get a big laugh out of me, though.
"It's just a flying saucer, we gotta go."

edit: Is it too insensitive to ask for a gif of that Dakota police captain being blasted by a shotgun into a wall?

AbstractNapper fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Dec 8, 2015

Depressio111117
Oct 18, 2014

A whole world of imagination beyond the oompah band.
So Peg's maiden name being Knutson might very well mean that she's canonically related to this lovely lady:

Bunny Lebowski - real name, Fawn Knutson.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Holy gently caress that was perfect.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Depressio111117 posted:

Bunny Lebowski - real name, Fawn Knutson

Fawn did live Peggy's dream of getting off the farm and starting a new life in California. Her farm was in Moorhead though.

AbstractNapper posted:

edit: Is it too insensitive to ask for a gif of that Dakota police captain being blasted by a shotgun into a wall?

also this

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Dec 8, 2015

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Sepinwall's review for this episode sort of sums up my coolness for this season of Fargo as a whole, where there's about a billion plot niggles or downright stupid and illogical moves characters on this show make to move its plot forward that makes this show's sophomore season, while arguably (and at this point I'd say it's a very concrete arguably) better than season one, a season I'm certainly less passionate about

It also doesn't help that last year was kind of fallow for dramas so Fargo was easily one of the two or three best dramas of the year while now there's so much good television everywhere else that the more frustrating aspects of this show come across as far more damning than before. Fargo season one was at or near-perfect television, and this is a fantastic character piece that fully realizes its time and place with really fantastic character and dialog work when it's not forcing characters to be illogical and stupid to move the show forward with a plot that has...quite a bit of problems

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Jesus that motel scene. This episode hit all the right spots- I was smiling, sad, laughing like hell, horrified, and had a clinched rear end in a top hat during the shooting scene. This show doesn't disappoint.

e- Oh and Adam Arkin, the Kansas City boss who sent the undertaker, was the one who directed this episode. Awesome.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Quoting the Guardian: Run Through the Jungle by Spoon’s Britt Daniel. Now that is esoteric, and who knows where we can get it.

E: No seriously, anyone know where can I get it?

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

And for reference i'm not talking about the alien stuff, which might be the single best payoff this season has had, I'm talking about stuff like Mike Milligan shooting up the house but inexplicably leaving Floyd and the granddaughter alive, or Hank after getting knocked out in the process of defending Peggy from being killed wakes up and rushes off without securing Peggy's safety (which the show even notes how illogical and stupid a move that is with Hank literally saying "I should've checked on her" in the subsequent episode) or Ed somehow beating two officers in a police car to a location they both knew that he was going, or the show constantly losing exactly when things are supposed to happen or when they did happen, or this episode which was just a loving cavalcade of the worst possible decisions at every possible time summed up most precisely with Lou somehow being unable to convince a police officer to do his loving job while standing less than fifty feet away from a murdered body. The show is forcing its plot to have big things happen but needs to railroad specific characters into specific roles so Lou is forced by an uncaring bureaucracy to be just ineffectual enough to be in the right place to notice the Gerhardts coming to kill everyone, but not effectual enough to have a significant impact on the events that happen afterwards. It's all a bunch of really obvious piece moving on a show that didn't need it and it's graduated from "minor annoyance" to "full blown problem"

NieR Occomata fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Dec 8, 2015

Bates
Jun 15, 2006
drat good entertainment.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

Lost Season posted:

Listen

Listen

I have no loving clue what's happening with this alien poo poo, and I have no idea where it's going, but I'm loving every minute of it.

Hell yeah. This poo poo is aces.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

The UFO was some straight-up Magnolia poo poo in the best possible way.

Although I know there's no way it happens, I'd love for the end of this episode to be the end of Mike Milligan's storyline for the season. Even if it took him a while, Kansas City's got to appreciate how completely and totally the Gerhardts were annihilated there, right?

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:

Toxxupation posted:

Lou somehow being unable to convince a police officer to do his loving job while standing less than fifty feet away from a murdered body.

They already established the local police were being paid off.

Also, maybe try to calm down and enjoy yourself more. None of this actually matters in the broad scheme of things. It's just televised fiction.

edit:

Toxxupation posted:

or Hank after getting knocked out in the process of defending Peggy from being killed wakes up and rushes off without securing Peggy's safety (which the show even notes how illogical and stupid a move that is with Hank literally saying "I should've checked on her" in the subsequent episode

also, he was totally out of it and possibly concussed. To the point where he had to be taken away in an ambulance.

HoAssHo fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Dec 8, 2015

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

drat son, what a great show.

In the finale, do you think we'll get to see a young Hanzee offing a dude for Otto ala little Dodd earlier in the season?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

"We're realized :)"
"What's she saying?"
"She realized something."

The lady cop was really cool, it's sad she so obviously looked up to the Police Captain who basically herded all his men into a killing pen.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

The UFO didn't show up until Hank got shot, so maybe it was all a hallucination in his head.

Bert Roberge fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Dec 8, 2015

a nigga who smoke
Feb 26, 2007

coughin' and chokin' constantly
The last five to ten minutes had me saying "what the gently caress?!" so frequently and fervently that I woke up my girlfriend and now I'm in trouble.

That's goddamn good television.

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

Y'all gonna be PISSED when there is no explanation whatsoever for the aliens in the last episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

ncumbered_by_idgits posted:

Y'all gonna be PISSED when there is no explanation whatsoever for the aliens in the last episode.

Should there be one?

• Locked thread