Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

alcharagia posted:

when u gotta pose as a team cuz ur team just got a cool dag
Polnareff mirin' Joseph's luxurious beard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

alcharagia posted:

when u gotta pose as a team cuz ur team just got a cool dag

I never noticed that Iggy has his later design in the picture. :stare:

Makes me wonder why they even bothered giving him that realistic-ish dog look for only two episodes.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
he drowned in the middle of the desert

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
i'm glad to see that water stand and i both have similar reactions to alarm clocks

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Makes me wonder why they even bothered giving him that realistic-ish dog look for only two episodes.
Fealty to the manga.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

People in the jojo universe have always been extremely photogenic, even when they otherwise look awful

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I really like the new ending theme. :)

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

last train home is really good and fitting

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Finally, the second-best animal in all of Jojo.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

alcharagia posted:

I really like the new ending theme. :)

:allears: same so much

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
dog-hurling

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
jotaro: 'why are you following a crazy vampire'

n'doul: 'because i am insanely hosed up'

actually just repeat that for every other boss in stardust crusaders

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
i can clearly see that says oingo boingo, c'mon

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

alcharagia posted:

i can clearly see that says oingo boingo, c'mon

It loving kills me every time

e: and n'doul is cool and I'll forever feel bad that he couldn't make it and be jotaro's cool bro bud

Okuyasu Nijimura fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Dec 8, 2015

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

alcharagia posted:

actually just repeat that for every other boss in stardust crusaders
Some of them are in it for the money.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
N'doul was pretty cool. He almost took out the whole group on his own, killed himself to avoid any mind reading of Joseph's, and had enough honor to tell Jotaro some information about his enemies out of respect.

I think it's pretty interesting, though, how N'doul makes it sound like he and the other Egyptian God Stand Users are all familiar with DIO's power as well as each other's powers. It's a stark contrast to, say, Devo (Ebony Devil) who went on about how the Stand Users he knew of that worked for DIO went out of their way to avoid showing each other their abilities.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

N'doul was pretty cool. He almost took out the whole group on his own, killed himself to avoid any mind reading of Joseph's, and had enough honor to tell Jotaro some information about his enemies out of respect.

I think it's pretty interesting, though, how N'doul makes it sound like he and the other Egyptian God Stand Users are all familiar with DIO's power as well as each other's powers. It's a stark contrast to, say, Devo (Ebony Devil) who went on about how the Stand Users he knew of that worked for DIO went out of their way to avoid showing each other their abilities.

Despite this, the Egyptian Gods work together only slightly more than the Tarot guys. Oingo works with Boingo, Alessi works with Mariah, and Terence D'Arby sort-of works with Kenny G. N'Doul, Daniel D'Arby, Anubis, Pet Shop, and Vanilla Ice all work alone. There are some plausible reasons for this, though; Oingo taught Boingo to distrust people other than himself, conventional combat-oriented Stands would probably just get in the D'Arby brothers' way, and Pet Shop and Anubis don't seem to like humans much.

It's an interesting example of how Jojo's plot structure differs from most battle shonen today. In a series like One Piece or Bleach, every party member essentially fights a different opponent one-on-one at the same time. This demonstrates more sensible tactical thinking on the part of the villains than the Jojo approach, but sometimes leads to awkward pacing due to having to cut between the different fights.

Silver2195 fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Dec 8, 2015

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

All the Egypt stand users straight up know if they spill any beans Dio will do far worse to them than what the crusaders would(and he's actually close enough to do it). Any one of them could easily kill the entire group too, if they happen to fail oh well Dio can take care of himself, it's his world and he lets you exist.

That's what makes Egypt fun for me.

Savor these 24 episodes alcharagia, they are great.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
OINGO BOINGO BROZAS!

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
The Oingo Boingo episode rules.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
these two are pretty pretty pretty good

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Battle in Egypt is so much better than Part 1 it's not even funny. Enjoy some of the best JoJo that's been put to screen

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
i can't believe oingo is loving dead

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
oh wait nm

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
the ending song omfg

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

:)

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Battle in Egypt is so much better than Part 1 it's not even funny. Enjoy some of the best JoJo that's been put to screen

Eh, even in Egypt, I'd say it doesn't really gets great til they are in Cairo.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
The shot in End of THE WORLD where they all slide into frame and then turn into their Stands is hype as gently caress

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
looks like it's time for chaka to pick his killing edge... and kill

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
now that kakyoin is in the hospital i see that iggy is taking over the role of only member of this party with any god damned sense

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

alcharagia posted:

now that kakyoin is in the hospital i see that iggy is taking over the role of only member of this party with any god damned sense

It becomes rapidly clear that Iggy is the most intelligent Stardust Crusader, yeah.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

deadly_pudding posted:

It becomes rapidly clear that Iggy is the most intelligent Stardust Crusader, yeah.

Sometimes you have to fart on someone's face

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I actually don't like how much fart jokes they put in via Iggy. Like they added a bunch that weren't in the manga, it's ok dudes, we get it. dog farts.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I liked it not because of lol dog farts but because Iggy is so willfully an rear end in a top hat

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

alcharagia posted:

the ending song omfg

This whole thread has been leading up to you watching this.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Utsubeki periodo wa, STAAAAAAAR PLATINUUUUUUUUUM

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Have I mentioned that End of THE WORLD is loving awesome yet, because it is.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

alcharagia posted:

Have I mentioned that End of THE WORLD is loving awesome yet, because it is.

I need to give you an important tip for this season. Never skip the OP, because it gets... improved.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I appreciate that in the probably-years between episode 1 of Stardust Crusaders and now, the concept of a Stand has nebulously shifted enough that what was once a manifestation of the endpoint of the kind of principles Hamon energy drew from can now be put under the same concept as an evil sword that makes people murder people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I'm serious, by the way. This is cool.

• Locked thread