Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I don't even think the nitpicking really matters.
Focus of the macro.
Roman sucks. He's only good for looking pretty and hitting his two moves. Picking nits on the booking suggests they could be doing something to polish this turd; they can't.
They've turned their entire roster into a slurry. There's nobody who can be 'the guy' right now. Maybe there was at some point, but John Cena probably ate them.
15+ years of treating previous experience as a liability and nepotism as an asset. This is what you get.
I'm only here to watch it burn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I'm under the impression that testicles roughly the shape and size of tater tots are actually much healthier than testicles the size of russet potatoes. Maybe that's just me.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I enjoyed the opening of the show, but was rather depressed to find out the "new direction" was to move the 20 minute, badly written promo from the open of the show to the close. Roman spearing Sheamus through the table was cool though.

The more I think about it, the more I love the Owens/Ziggler match if only for making Owens look like a class above Ziggler. He spent 85% of that match just destroying him and making it look casual.

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine

ChrisBTY posted:

I don't even think the nitpicking really matters.
Focus of the macro.
Roman sucks. He's only good for looking pretty and hitting his two moves. Picking nits on the booking suggests they could be doing something to polish this turd; they can't.

It's insane to say there's no way to play to Roman's strengths (doing two moves and looking cool) -- you can have him look cool then do his moves and have that be it. It worked for Goldberg.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Roman's not even that pretty anymore.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

DynamiteKidd posted:

It's insane to say there's no way to play to Roman's strengths (doing two moves and looking cool) -- you can have him look cool then do his moves and have that be it. It worked for Goldberg.

One of the really frustrating things is they don't protect him at all like this. They inadvertently sabotage him themselves by throwing him out there trying to read bad dialogue with his already poor delivery. Roman has a natural look but he isn't the natural talent they've stumbled into in the past and it seems no one is really helping him learn how to be better.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Anyone else feel like the League of Nations stuff is weirdly separate from their individual singles feuds? Like, they opened the show together and had that big clusterfuck of a match, then Del Rio and Rusev went on to have their singles feud segments with Swagger and Ryback by themselves with seemingly no mention of acknowledgment that they're in a stable. Granted, I wasn't paying much attention to those segments, so I could have missed something. Same thing for Ambrose too, he's feuding with the League of Nations as Roman's little buddy while also feuding with Owens for the IC title. Just seems weird to me.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

im in the midst of watching roman reigns end of night promo, i now know why people think he sucks

good god what the gently caress even is this

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

when you stop caring if the show is good or bad its a lot easy to enjoy what it is (bad)

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Ostentatious posted:

im in the midst of watching roman reigns end of night promo, i now know why people think he sucks

good god what the gently caress even is this

Vince: "This is it, this will be the moment that finally makes him a star!"

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

DynamiteKidd posted:

It worked for Ryback! Until they started putting him into title matches he had to lose, Ryback was getting the gently caress over. It's amazing how bad they are at building people.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

I think they know it's a long show and they just want to have their top guys out there doing things that take time. This is the Authority openers, this was the Cena open challenge, and it's every long Roman promo.

The long promos really expose Roman, who's totally fine in short segments, and the Authority (even in storyline stasis) wouldn't have been so stale if it was on camera less. At the same time there's nowhere else to go if there are no other stars.

It's piss.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Now that I think about it the death knell for Ryback as main eventer had to be when he went to a no contest with Cena in a Last Man Standing match even though he put Cena down for well over a ten count and got up.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Rhonne posted:

Vince: "This is it, this will be the moment that finally makes him a star!"

That was RR 2014

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Delsaber posted:

WWE is The Room.

Oh hi, marks.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Can someone please hit Rank 10 with their Vince s-link so that he can reach out to the truth, finally realize that he doesn't have to control everything, and can just let go? Thanks.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Looks like they're front loading the first hour because that's where the viewers are.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Rhonne posted:

Anyone else feel like the League of Nations stuff is weirdly separate from their individual singles feuds? Like, they opened the show together and had that big clusterfuck of a match, then Del Rio and Rusev went on to have their singles feud segments with Swagger and Ryback by themselves with seemingly no mention of acknowledgment that they're in a stable. Granted, I wasn't paying much attention to those segments, so I could have missed something. Same thing for Ambrose too, he's feuding with the League of Nations as Roman's little buddy while also feuding with Owens for the IC title. Just seems weird to me.

I actually really like this - they're a group of allies who help each other out and band together when threatened, but they're also individuals with their own feuds and ambitions. Sheamus is the leader because he's the champion, but you get the sense that they regard each other as equals and the dynamic wouldn't change if a different member won the title. It's an interesting take on the usual stable structure.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

DynamiteKidd posted:

Goldberg could lift people. And he had a gigantic roster of recognizable jobbers to plow though.
And Roman doesn't have the benefit of a bunch of 40 somethings hogging all the airtime so he only has to be entertaining for 5-7 minutes at a time.

Delsaber posted:

Can someone please hit Rank 10 with their Vince s-link so that he can reach out to the truth, finally realize that he doesn't have to control everything, and can just let go? Thanks.

Vince is not nearly anime enough for this to work. At best he'd be the moon link in P-3, where you hit rank 10 but he's still as horrible as ever.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Dec 8, 2015

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Also maybe the League of Nations can do something about the Trump problem.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Big Red Erick Rowan is already busy, so they can't have his signature Stairs match this year. Sad, but true.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

somebody has reminded me at least twice in the past week that kane/ryback was a match last tlc(and stairs) and I still refuse to believe that happened

at least I remember how bad the stairs match was and how lethal lou carper's only match as ic champ looked

eljackass
May 19, 2004

Caution is a word that I can't understand

Shima Honnou posted:

I don't even super mind the booking necessarily, just unscript the wrestlers and allow them to "shoot", as it were, all over each other.

I've been thinking a similar thing for a while now -- the writing would get so much better, I think, if they give the book to the wrestlers. Allow some shoots and then rewrite for damage control if something doesn't work (kinda like they're doing now anyways). What they're doing now certainly isn't working, regardless of what Vince, HHH, Russo, or Donald Trump might think is a good idea. Let the performers themselves write an episode of RAW, with no oversight except for the network (standards & practices etc) itself. Whatever happens, it can't get any worse than it is now. Even NXT has done this recently to some extent. It would be awesome to see a creative change in RAW that comes from the source :)

OK things *can* get worse, only if they keep doing the same stupid poo poo they're doing now. This is starting to remind me of the last days of WCW only without all of Russo's ultra-gimmicky nonsense. Something's gotta change especially with all the stars who are out on injury. Things are getting way too predictable and it's taking the fun away.

eljackass fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Dec 8, 2015

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Hopefully Barrett can actually talk or do something after TLC, since he's he only person in the group that can hold people's attention on a microphone.

(No, Rusev doing HAIRY MAN SHOUT TIMES in ten second bursts doesn't count)

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

that promo will never end

imagine 4 tater tots on the edge of a cliff

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

the sonic product placement or brazen live commercial skit practically writes itself

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Delsaber posted:

Now I need a WWE inspired Persona game. Steph can be the Empress.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

St Evan Echoes posted:

that promo will never end

imagine 4 tater tots on the edge of a cliff

I think tater tot consciousness is a tragic misstep in evolution. We became too self-aware, nature created an aspect of nature separate from itself, we are creatures that should not exist by natural law. We are taters that labor under the illusion of having a self; an accretion of sensory, experience and feeling, programmed with total assurance that we are each somebody, when in fact everybody is nobody.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Maybe y'all should stop watching the whole big three-hour turd and jsut check out the YouTube clips, like (somewhat, relatively (still WWE-watching)) smart people do.

For instance: No Roman promo, just the brawl. It was good and Sheamus v Roman at TLC should be fun :)

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
So I just finished tonight's Breaking Ground.
Did Carmella die?

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

CAT rear end now!!! posted:

Maybe y'all should stop watching the whole big three-hour turd and jsut check out the YouTube clips, like (somewhat, relatively (still WWE-watching)) smart people do.

For instance: No Roman promo, just the brawl. It was good and Sheamus v Roman at TLC should be fun :)

why would i not want to watch one of the funniest segments of the year in its entirety

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

sticklefifer posted:

Oh hi, marks.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
tater tots

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

CAT rear end now!!! posted:

In terms of pure watching, I like the condensed Hulu version. They normally make the right call on what to cut. That said, there is an appeal to gamedaying Raw either here or on twitter during phases where the product is directionless (or just outright bad).

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Are they really trying to do heel/heel with Charlotte and Paige? I know WWE's stance on women is that they all hate each other, but Becky is clearly a face in this angle where she doesn't even have a match.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Becky and Paige are both gonna join the League of Funny Speaking Foreigners

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Ruggington posted:

somebody has reminded me at least twice in the past week that kane/ryback was a match last tlc(and stairs) and I still refuse to believe that happened

at least I remember how bad the stairs match was and how lethal lou carper's only match as ic champ looked

It was at least better than Baron Corbin vs Bull Dempsey

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
The opening was really cool, Rhyno owns so was amused when I saw "zomg roman reighns spear vs Rhyno's Gore?!" lets face it theres only one winner and thats GORE GORE GOOOOOOORE.

Also Team BAD and New Day together on a promo I really hope that turns into something because Sasha owns and so do New day.

I thought Romans promo was not too bad but refering to "Tater tots" constantly got a bit annoying and I know he did it because the crowd starting chanting it, I feel he should have just let the crowd run with that. He also seems to default from "badass" to his annoying "slubberingsuckatashson" self when ever he gets a good reaction.

I think Roman will win the title at TLC

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

Martinpale posted:

Stephen Guerrieri (who oddly used to write for the Food Network and Rachel Ray) is the NXT writer now, replacing Ryan Ward. By all accounts, HHH is NXT's Vince, he reviews everything before it's filmed...but unlike Vince, he actually trusts what the people under him are doing and makes very few changes.

Source?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
I watched about fifteen seconds of raw and it was way more than enough.

• Locked thread