Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I figure this should be also shared with this thread, in case you're not in the SFV one:

(got it from the Brazilian FGC Facebook group, not mine)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Ruggington posted:

has he hit rape horse yet

Ah yes, everyone's favorite part of Berserk.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
The first two Fayth temples aren't even that bad, it's mostly just a lot of keeping track of what orb you haven't placed in what slot yet. The other 3 are loving garbage though. They take ages to figure out and once you finally know what to do it takes just as long to actually do it.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Matt, please don't ever stop making GBS threads all over Tidus' terrible pants. :allears:

TriffTshngo posted:

The first two Fayth temples aren't even that bad, it's mostly just a lot of keeping track of what orb you haven't placed in what slot yet. The other 3 are loving garbage though. They take ages to figure out and once you finally know what to do it takes just as long to actually do it.

And the worst part is needing all of the hidden treasures from each temple to get one of the cooler Aeons in the game.

Vandar fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Dec 8, 2015

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
I never understood the hate for the Cloisters of Trials? They're all pretty simple puzzles and getting the hidden treasure in each amounts to realizing "Wait I still have an extra sphere and there's a hole I have plugged yet."

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I never understood the hate for the Cloisters of Trials? They're all pretty simple puzzles and getting the hidden treasure in each amounts to realizing "Wait I still have an extra sphere and there's a hole I have plugged yet."

They're incredibly slow paced and a pain to figure out.

Honestly though if you could just carry multiple spheres at once they wouldn't be so bad but NOPE.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

They're tedious and all hinge upon Tidus's inability to hold things in both hands at once

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Woolie's reactions to Jecht and Matt's suppressed puzzle and Lulu related frustrations seem set to make this a channel highlight.

Which is good, because at this rate we'll be stuck with it for two years.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

I got the urge to play some Dissidia and I forgot that, "Quit your crying!" is one of Jecht's win quotes :allears:

TriffTshngo posted:

Macalania Temple is the worst cause it's loving boobytrapped to make you have to redo the puzzle and I fall for it every time.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

http://the-switcher.deviantart.com/art/Lulu-Sitting-Pretty-60345316

Matt's art isn't too bad.

I'm seriously digging his Darkstalkers poster: http://the-switcher.deviantart.com/art/Darkstalkers-Tribute-Demitri-115817940

Scrap Dragon posted:

Macalania Temple is the worst cause it's loving boobytrapped to make you have to redo the puzzle and I fall for it every time.

The worst one is Bevelle because it takes sooooo long to ride those loving platforms back and forth and back and forth and back and forth...

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I'm not sure it wins but yeah Bevelle Temple is definitely on the list of all time worst RPG dungeons.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7qQ6_RV4VQ

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Dias posted:

I figure this should be also shared with this thread, in case you're not in the SFV one:

(got it from the Brazilian FGC Facebook group, not mine)

Literally took me a minute to realize, drat.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
dont doxx matt

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Phantasium posted:

Literally took me a minute to realize, drat.

Oh my god I thought it was some fighting games in-joke I didn't get and I was going to say "What, is that that new KOF game?"

Also, dang, Matt's art isn't bad. I know he mentioned having gone to school for it a bit, but wasn't sure what level he was on. Hope you still find time to draw dude!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Awwww, that's adorable

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.
Jesus gently caress

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

TheRealestMatt posted:

Jesus gently caress

there's so many things on this page this could be applying to matt you really need to narrow it down

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I now know at least one other person who has read Hajime no Ippo so I'm satisfied. It's really good but I don't think I've ever seen anyone talk about it with regards to mangas worth reading.

edit: Wow, it's still going on to this day? That's nuts.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

CJacobs posted:

I now know at least one other person who has read Hajime no Ippo so I'm satisfied. It's really good but I don't think I've ever seen anyone talk about it with regards to mangas worth reading.

edit: Wow, it's still going on to this day? That's nuts.

it got really really bad at one point and I don't know if it recovered so I've just decided to wait for madhouse to make it all good

TheRealestMatt posted:

Jesus gently caress

sorry matt

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

sawamura vs mashiba was loving dope though and I really want to see it animated

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Ruggington posted:

it got really really bad at one point and I don't know if it recovered so I've just decided to wait for madhouse to make it all good

If you ask the guys in the Ippo thread in VEGETA the answer would be a stone cold NO because they're a load of pessimistic babies. Like yeah go figure the shonen fighting manga about burning spirit takes a few liberties with realism for the sake of drama/cool punches. The main issue is almost all of Ippo's fights since Sawamura have been either bland or terrible; everyone else's have been pretty great though.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I assume things can only go up after ippo's year long battle with mowgli

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Ruggington posted:

I assume things can only go up after ippo's year long battle with mowgli

Yeah that's still the worst of it by a wiiiiide margin.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Ruggington posted:

Oh, that's lame. I haven't read it since the early 2000s so I didn't know that. Although, with it having gone on this long and still being updated at least semi-frequently, I guess that's to be expected.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Guys. Plague is in.

http://superbestfriendsplay.com/podcast/sbfc-122-hookers-with-the-brown-sauce-feat-plague-of-gripes/

edit: 3 hours and 42 minutes of Plague.

MagusDraco fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Dec 8, 2015

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

TheRealestMatt posted:

Jesus gently caress
You have no clue how bad it can be, the giant bomb guys have had absolutely everything about them mined out of everything possible in their pasts

Just your deviant art being found is small potatoes, count your blessings imo

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Goddamnit, they're delaying any talks about pax need to next week.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

In the latest Devil's Third video (I'm speaking of Youtube), when the guys look at some of the Russian posters, the first one says "Водка Старый брат". This translates into "Vodka Old Brother". The problem is, in this case the word "old" refers to the old age. As in, "Vodka Decrepit Brother".

Which is a mighty fine name for your distilled beverage.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Man there's local beers here called "Bullshit Beer" I think decrepit old man is decent name for a brew.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

TheRealestMatt posted:

Jesus gently caress

It was bound to happen sooner or later. Helldump may be dead but it still flows through the veins of Goons so they always feel the need to play internet detective. The fact that it took about two years into the thread for this to happen should be considered a miracle.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Wait I assumed someone mentioned it on the reddit or neogaf or something, if dexie dug that up that's a bit weird man

But yeah just assume anything you've ever put online will be dug up eventually by weirdos, so hopefully there's not anything super embarrassing out there!

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
It's been on the subreddit at least once... at least, I've seen it before.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

Wait I assumed someone mentioned it on the reddit or neogaf or something, if dexie dug that up that's a bit weird man

It's in the newest FFX.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

But yeah just assume anything you've ever put online will be dug up eventually by weirdos, so hopefully there's not anything super embarrassing out there!

Why is it weird? His deviantart is literally named The-Switcher

E: thinking about it I realize this is a nickname, but if you create multiple things with the same name and one thing gets 500,000 subscribers then yeah. I wouldn't consider it weird finding his deviantart, it'd be weird if someone looked up what high school he went to and like found his senior picture or something

goldblums eyes fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Dec 8, 2015

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
hey matt u do commish?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Rodyle posted:

It's in the newest FFX.
Oh he mentioned it there? Alrighty then, haven't watched the latest stuff yet.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Every artist has a deviantart full of embarrassing bullshit. I wouldn't be too concerned about it.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

He mentioned his art towards the end of FFX episode 4, and I figured it would be okay to post. Took like, 30 seconds of googling to find. :shrug:

Sorry, Matt. I didn't think it'd be a big deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Matt's fanart of Berserk was even used as the thumbnail for their Sword of the Berserk LP way back in 2014.