Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
We all know people like this, they post insanely lame stuff like e cards, groan inducing dad style jokes, or cringe worthy maladroit flirting or net speak. Well what are some ways to delicately remind these people that they need to step it up and take some pride in their posting without starting drama

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin
Remove em from ur feed

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

unfriend them

Darf
Jun 6, 2011

You have quite a treasure there...
tell them to their face irl

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
photoshop dicks all over pics of their family and post that you are going to kill them. then kill them.

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
goatse every post

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
dear sir/madam, your political opinions are poo poo, and i am growing impatient with them

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
As much as I enjoy posting a link to Gbs any time an older relative or autistic cousin complains on fb about those drat crazy college kids I feel like I could be getting my point across better

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Do nothing. Being a goon you are prone to experience burning hatred for benign things. Hide this mental defect from the general public.

Aug 4, 2010

like the post, and then UNLIKE it

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Order of escalation:

SirEvelynTremble posted:

goatse every post

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

Remove em from ur feed

symbolic posted:

unfriend them

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

just say this is bullshit and terrible and constantly poo poo on the status no matter what

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
What I expect the 2015 Year in review on fb to look like -

Average (boring) fb user: Vacation and holiday family photos, four square check ins, maybe a relationship status change, news links from salon or what ever with comments like "O.m.g.. Just cand beleive it smh"

Power user (aka me): Lots of riffs on the cuck meme, quotes from irc that are way over most peoples heads, pictures from the ultimate lesbian championship just as a joke, screen shots of classic SJW melt downs like pomegranates guy, and epic take downs of over rated movies, hamburgers, and micro brew

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

www posted:

like the post, and then UNLIKE it
this is good, and extremely passive aggressive

brotato
May 14, 2013
Here op use this emoji: /:
It's judgemental but not unfriendly.

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

brotato posted:

Here op use this emoji: /:
It's judgemental but not unfriendly.

Thats decent but kind of vauge, some times I will use this one if the post is really bad -> 👨‍❤️‍💋‍👨

Vitruvio
Jan 28, 2015
Use this:

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2015/09/15/440665337/thumbs-down-facebook-finally-will-add-a-dislike-mechanism

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
re: isis and guns "just relax and try to enjoy ur vacation"

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

go outside and forget it happened read the rest of ur children's novel and keep telling urself the lowest age in the range is just a suggestion for special advanced kids and not 30 something year olds with not much to show besides a desperate clinging to pixar movies

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

This is polite and to the point:
https://youtu.be/3WzB63CUOtc

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
kill them

have sex with them

send them a nice postcard

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Cnut the Great posted:

kill them

have sex with them

send them a nice postcard

Got the order wrong bro... or did you :wink:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Son of Rodney posted:

Got the order wrong bro... or did you :wink:

The order is right.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Just like all of their new posts and status updates every time

and when you get to the one that is not good, you don't like that one

this might take years for them to notice

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Press the thumbs up button into their rear end in a top hat

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum
"lol nigga smh" unfriend and delete account

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax
Scroll past them and don't give a poo poo like a normal human being.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

a bay posted:

What I expect the 2015 Year in review on fb to look like -

Average (boring) fb user: Vacation and holiday family photos, four square check ins, maybe a relationship status change, news links from salon or what ever with comments like "O.m.g.. Just cand beleive it smh"

Power user (aka me): Lots of riffs on the cuck meme, quotes from irc that are way over most peoples heads, pictures from the ultimate lesbian championship just as a joke, screen shots of classic SJW melt downs like pomegranates guy, and epic take downs of over rated movies, hamburgers, and micro brew

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!
delete facebook then OD on sleeping pills in a bathtub

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
facebook is for old people you stupid prick

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

delete your account its what i did. 99% of the stuff on facebook is pure trash and its basically the most annoying and miserable time waster ever. its only good for talking to chicks and theres better ways to do that nowadays

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Write it on a pic of some minions and post it

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
beecock, a picture is worth 1000 words

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Document yourself printing out their post, taking a massive dump and wiping your rear end with it.
Post results on Youtube. Share.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
public self-immolation has long been the most effective method of protesting something (hint, hint)

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

"this status update is reminiscent of the postings of something awful dot com forums user a bay"

this will probably go "over their heads", op, but we'll understand, won't we

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

a bay posted:

We all know people like this, they post insanely lame stuff like e cards, groan inducing dad style jokes, or cringe worthy maladroit flirting or net speak. Well what are some ways to delicately remind these people that they need to step it up and take some pride in their posting without starting drama

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
"Pwn" them mercilessly, then post a screenshot of their humiliation on Memebuzz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Applewhite posted:

"Pwn" them mercilessly, then post a screenshot of their humiliation on Memebuzz.

memebuzz does all the funny gifs tha make me hapy :downs:

• Locked thread