Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I mean he's still wearing that loving stupid cape, so clearly that's not true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
When Piccolo needs a new cape and hat, he just uses magic or some ki thing to create them out of thin air, right?

Does Gohan do the same thing for his clothes, or does Piccolo do it for him? :raise:

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Baal posted:

I mean he's still wearing that awesome cape, so clearly that's true

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
I think your quote hosed up, he said stupid cape and he was right it is stupid.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
The cape is loving badass and I will never take anyone saying differently very seriously.

It's stupid in video games because it can't behave properly with physics, but that is neither here nor there.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Why does he lose it 5 minutes after putting it on though? Imagine SSJ2 Gohan with the cape on, stupid right?

Gohan's best look was when Chi Chi put gel in his hair and it somehow lasted for like a year.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.
Guys let's not let our opinions about Piccolo's awesome cape divide us.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
It's awesome on Piccolo, no one else. Gohan wearing it is like a white guy with dreadlocks.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Krillin showing up in Piccolo's cape and turban because he was bored was the best part of (I think) Broly 2.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
It was Broly 2: The Second Cumming. It was a good, self-aware joke on how often Piccolo just pops out of nowhere to save Gohan.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

sharktamer posted:

It's awesome on Piccolo, no one else. Gohan wearing it is like a white guy with dreadlocks.

Cell Games Gohan is the best Gohan design.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
My favorite part of the Piccolo outfit is his pointy shoes, because when put onto a human being, they look ridiculous and then when put on Gohan, he looks like an elf.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Considering no one has ever won a battle in either form there's not alot of practical data to draw from :shrug:

Are you not counting movies?

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Mogomra posted:

When Piccolo needs a new cape and hat, he just uses magic or some ki thing to create them out of thin air, right?

Does Gohan do the same thing for his clothes, or does Piccolo do it for him? :raise:

Gohan still has yet to master Piccolo's ultimate skill, the CLOTHES BEAM.

He's not ready for that kind of power yet.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

pik_d posted:

Are you not counting movies?

I was counting everything Toriyama was involved in, from what I've seen of the other films very few of them stick to his style of visual storytelling (Fusion Reborn being the somewhat honourable exception) and most of them read like fanfic written by teenage boys

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
TFS's top 24 movies have already covered all the Broly stuff. Kind of surpised honestly.

Lord Slug, World's Strongest, Tree of Might all have yet to make an appearance! But then again, they have 16 more movies to go through, and I haven't even seen most of the Dragon Ball movies.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

You should expect World's Strongest to be in the top 5 at the very least. They haven't hid the fact that they love that movie.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
I would've put Android 13 above (below?) Broly 1

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

So TFS would probably have Broly & Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans coming up correct? These can pretty much be placed during the lead up to the Cell Games if I recall correctly.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
They do one movie a year and we'll probably be near the end of the Cell Saga by the time the next movie rolls around.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Baal posted:

They do one movie a year and we'll probably be near the end of the Cell Saga by the time the next movie rolls around.

They did both History of Trunks and Android 13 this year. They just do movies roughly around the time they can be inserted into canon.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Speaking of DBZA, fully half of it is gone from youtube now. Guess toei doesn't wanna play nice this week.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Excuse the pedantism, but History of Trunks is a TV Special and the redo of Dead Zone came out like a year after they did the Garlic Jr. episode.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Enourmo posted:

Speaking of DBZA, fully half of it is gone from youtube now. Guess toei doesn't wanna play nice this week.

Doesn't YouTube still do the thing where if people report a video for a copyright claim, it gets temporarily taken down?

Could just be disgruntled people, not Toei?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm surprised they haven't gotten to Broly 1 yet, that movie was boring as sin.

Why did Broly get three movies? Dude is about as interesting as a rake.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

jivjov posted:

Doesn't YouTube still do the thing where if people report a video for a copyright claim, it gets temporarily taken down?

Could just be disgruntled people, not Toei?

"This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by TOEI ANIMATION CO.,LTD"

It's either them or trolls acting in their name.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

VJeff posted:

At this point, the joke is that TFS haven't yet done Broly.

Neo_Crimson posted:

They did both History of Trunks and Android 13 this year. They just do movies roughly around the time they can be inserted into canon.

I thought it was they did movies when the series was about the same point as when the movie was originally released.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

VJeff posted:

teamfourstar.com is updated daily, and they do a aggregate video on youtube. You're a bit behind.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Kuroyama posted:

At this point, the joke is that TFS haven't yet done Broly.

Oh, I mean on the list. They did the other two Broly movies but haven't done the first one. I'm surprised it's not lower on the list than Cooler 2 and Super Android 13, which seem more watchable and less boring than Broly 1.

Fake edit: Speak of the devil!

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

They have now, dunno how long it's been up but #17 is Broly 1.

faker edit, dammit ya snuck past me.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I knew it would be low, which is too bad since Broly is the best. But it actually wasn't as low as I thought it would be.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I knew it would be low, which is too bad since Broly is the best. But it actually wasn't as low as I thought it would be.

Actually Broly is boring and lame. He's just an unstoppable force of nature who doesn't really have much going for him. Janemba is far superior in that it has the fat giant version but also Super Janemba which seems much more menacing and there are creative visuals like how it teleports.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

sharktamer posted:

I strongly disagree and think that Piccolo's uniform looks good on Gohan, except for maybe the shoes. It's also kind of sweet to see Gohan still acknowledging Piccolo as his teacher despite both him and Goku being way stronger by the time of the Cell Games (and him just finishing that year with Goku in the time chamber).

furiouskoala
Aug 4, 2007
Would the Evil Containment Wave work on Cell? He does have Piccolo DNA.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

Drowning Rabbit posted:

TFS's top 24 movies have already covered all the Broly stuff. Kind of surpised honestly.

Lord Slug, World's Strongest, Tree of Might all have yet to make an appearance! But then again, they have 16 more movies to go through, and I haven't even seen most of the Dragon Ball movies.

I understand why they put Broly where they did but I can't believe Lord Slug hasn't appeared yet. It's so bad.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

furiouskoala posted:

Yes and no. It'd definitely work on him...if he was, like, a hundred times weaker. As it is Cell probably could deflect it by looking at it menacingly.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

furiouskoala posted:

Piccolo learnt to resist it by the 23rd world tournament so it's unlikely.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Get a new gimmick.

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I am so sick of these star wars

Testekill posted:

Actually Broly is boring and lame. He's just an unstoppable force of nature who doesn't really have much going for him. Janemba is far superior in that it has the fat giant version but also Super Janemba which seems much more menacing and there are creative visuals like how it teleports.

Counterpoint: Broly was pretty metal in the first film when he talked, in-fact it's strange how by the time of the 2nd film he can't even speak anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jk9xdV4ubgQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

VJeff posted:

Because his power is maximum.

Also that one comment by the guy who made him makes me think he was infatuated with his own villain.

• Locked thread