Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I'll be honest, that thing is one of the only things we have now that looks like the future G.I. Joe promised me.

This probably has more to do with naval combat ships looking more or less the same since WWI, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

VikingSkull posted:

I'll be honest, that thing is one of the only things we have now that looks like the future G.I. Joe promised me.

This probably has more to do with naval combat ships looking more or less the same since WWI, though.

Zumwalt's captain is named James Kirk. Not even kidding.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

VikingSkull posted:

They shoulda given us the F-23, dammit!

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Bit off topic, but tomorrow GQ UK is publishing an extract from James Harkin's new book which is on Caro, 6 pages in all. It's a good account of what he got up to in Libya, his mental health, and he failed efforts to enter Syria, which resulted in him being last seen in a Syrian torture centre. GIP even gets mentioned.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Brown Moses posted:

Bit off topic, but tomorrow GQ UK is publishing an extract from James Harkin's new book which is on Caro, 6 pages in all. It's a good account of what he got up to in Libya, his mental health, and he failed efforts to enter Syria, which resulted in him being last seen in a Syrian torture centre. GIP even gets mentioned.

Oh poo poo. I hope someone can mirror it here.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

That Works posted:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

That Works posted:

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Someone pirate that poo poo or whatever

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Someone's going to have to admit that they have a subscription to GQ.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
The Vilerat thing is eh, because I only had a passing knowledge of the dude and even though I posted in D&D then I was never abrasive enough to get focused on.

Caro is weird because I had direct interactions with him. I dunno, just makes the whole thing surreal.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

That Works posted:

Six pages on Caro or a whole book?

Caro's tragedy rates a whole book in my opinion.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Chapter 14: GiP Gun Give it to Ya

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

VikingSkull posted:

The Vilerat thing is eh, because I only had a passing knowledge of the dude and even though I posted in D&D then I was never abrasive enough to get focused on.

Caro is weird because I had direct interactions with him. I dunno, just makes the whole thing surreal.

Same here. Dude was loving looney tunes in the PMs that he sent me.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
It just sucked because my brother is schizo too and you could just see it oozing through his posts. I never believed he'd make it to Libya, but after he did and lived and then started talking about Syria, I knew that his mental imbalance alone wasn't gonna stop poo poo because of how the US places mental health care into the hands of the mentally ill.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Did anyone ever get contacted by his family or anyone who knew him in person?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

VikingSkull posted:

It just sucked because my brother is schizo too and you could just see it oozing through his posts. I never believed he'd make it to Libya, but after he did and lived and then started talking about Syria, I knew that his mental imbalance alone wasn't gonna stop poo poo because of how the US places mental health care into the hands of the mentally ill.

He was a CIA plant and you all know it.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
The funniest thing I have ever read on this website is the post where vilerat says he likes to leave the window open to hear the protests because they own.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

gip gets mentioned right away

A Handed Missus fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Dec 8, 2015

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Thanks o7

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
I hope the book holds the cop thread responsible for the whole situation.

I also hope Whip and Shep are specifically referred to as Cunts.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Whip killed Caro via manipulation for fun... now that's loving twisted

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Teflon Don posted:

Whip killed Caro via manipulation for fun... now that's loving twisted

And still no where near Beanie's level.

That's gotta sting

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
how many people have been killed by SA at this point?

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Zeroisanumber posted:

The Zumwalt has finally left the Bath Iron Works for sea trials. I imagine that exceeding design specs by touching the water and being out in the sun means it will be in drydock for the next two years.

Video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyrsioJcOvw

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

A Handed Missus posted:

gip gets mentioned right away

lol

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Ghoulish and conspiracy mongering? Sounds like a dude who doesn't "get" FYAD either.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
oops

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I don't seem to recall a whole lot of laughing when he started talking about going to Syria. I definitely egged him on about Libya, but after he showed he was competent enough and willing to actually make a trip like that, I joined the chorus of "gently caress no, idiot."

That could've been a really good article if it A-didnt read like it was written by a college sophomore with a brand new book of adjectives, and/or B-had a loving editor who didn't have a brand new book of adjectives. There's probably an entire page of extraneous words, tons of passive voice, and a gloriously unpredictable mix of past and present tense.

Edit: Who was he talking to from SA? Brown Moses?

Godholio fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Dec 8, 2015

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Ghoulish and conspiracy mongering? Sounds like a dude who doesn't "get" FYAD either.

Praise be un to Shim

Godholio posted:

I don't seem to recall a whole lot of laughing when he started talking about going to Syria. I definitely egged him on about Libya, but after he showed he was competent enough and willing to actually make a trip like that, I joined the chorus of "gently caress no, idiot."

That could've been a really good article if it A-didnt read like it was written by a college sophomore with a brand new book of adjectives, and/or B-had a loving editor who didn't have a brand new book of adjectives. There's probably an entire page of extraneous words, tons of passive voice, and a gloriously unpredictable mix of past and present tense.
That thread is why I have this account instead of my old one. GD banned me for making fun of him after he had said not to, but I hadn't read that far yet and forgot the password to the banned account

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
they do know that the vast majority of the posts in here amount to "was gonna get a hair cut but I said gently caress it, got high and played games instead", right?

right?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

VikingSkull posted:

they do know that the vast majority of the posts in here amount to "was gonna get a hair cut but I said gently caress it, got high and played games instead", right?

right?

No, but I suspect we're in for a lot of new lurkers.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Godholio posted:

No, but I suspect we're in for a lot of new lurkers.

sup assholes, go play a weed and smoke games

also yeah I was right in the :clint: Libya/:stare: Syria camp, and yeah Eliot Higgins is Brown Moses

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Brown Moses earns the award for Most Likely Member to be Assassinated.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Does this umbrella smell like polonium to you?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Also he was more banned for being an unmedicated paranoid schizophrenic than "trolling."

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

I thought it was a pretty good article. Too wordy, but it did a good job crafting caro's insanity into a good story.

RIP Brown Moses.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Really if anyone has a claim to being a CIA plant it's Moses. Dude has links to both Caro and Vilerat and he's been making GBS threads mainly on things the West is against.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

I was interviewed by the author, and I provided him with lots of material, including a few thousand Twitter DMs Caro sent me, sometimes 100 at a time. It was basically like a unfiltered stream of his thoughts, by the end I only read them in case he started talking about the toddlers at the kindergarten being CIA agents. I did seriously consider at one point he might try to hunt me down and kill me.

I should add I gave all the same material to the FBI when they came to interview me about him.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Heil Hitler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Yeah, I've read some of the poo poo you've posted from the end there and he was completely gone. I honestly have no idea how he could go to Libya completely publicly, have people who should supposedly stop him become aware of it, and yet he was still allowed to travel abroad again.

• Locked thread