Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
The Knights have some cash...

though I doubt he'd play for anyone the rabbitohs because ~reasons~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
It's another example of the desperate league media trying to manufacture an off-season story. Chris McQueen is all but signed at Penrith, Burgess' contract will go through without a hitch.

edit: big gently caress you to McQueen from Souths considering they leveraged his idiotic Rabbitoh pride to pay him unders for years. Wonder how much he regrets that Rabbitoh neck tattoo that screamed out 'underpay me' to Souths management.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

I'm sure the Tigers have plenty of spare cash to throw at him :v:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

iajanus posted:

I'm sure the Tigers have plenty of spare cash to throw at him :v:
They are trying to get rid of Farah so they can sign your two halves that are getting offers elsewhere

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
http://www.nrl.com/draw/telstrapremiership/draw/tabid/11180/default.aspx

R1
Eels v Broncos @ Pirtek Stadium, 8:05pm
Sea Eagles v Bulldogs @ Brookvale Oval, 8:05pm
Raiders v Panthers @ GIO Stadium, 3pm
Wests Tigers v Warriors @ Campbelltown Stadium, 5:30pm
Cowboys v Sharks @ 1300Smiles Stadium, 7:30pm
Roosters v Rabbitohs @ Allianz Stadium, 4pm
Titans v Knights @ Cbus Super Stadium, 6:30pm
Storm v Dragons @ AAMI Park, 7pm

Tigers away first, then Broncos away and Storm at home isn't the easiest start for us.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

At least you'll get one win for sure out of those three.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Red_Museum posted:

http://www.nrl.com/draw/telstrapremiership/draw/tabid/11180/default.aspx

R1
Eels v Broncos @ Pirtek Stadium, 8:05pm
Sea Eagles v Bulldogs @ Brookvale Oval, 8:05pm
Raiders v Panthers @ GIO Stadium, 3pm
Wests Tigers v Warriors @ Campbelltown Stadium, 5:30pm
Cowboys v Sharks @ 1300Smiles Stadium, 7:30pm
Roosters v Rabbitohs @ Allianz Stadium, 4pm
Titans v Knights @ Cbus Super Stadium, 6:30pm
Storm v Dragons @ AAMI Park, 7pm

Tigers away first, then Broncos away and Storm at home isn't the easiest start for us.

Warrior's draw looks good to me, amongst the teams we play twice we have Tigers, Titans, Raiders, Knights. Also, Penrith are beinging a home game to Christchurch and the Bulldogs are hosting in Wellington. We will play an origin weakened Roosters in round 15 too.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

iajanus posted:

At least you'll get one win for sure out of those three.

Nah, the Warriors aren't in any danger of winning until around round 4 or 5.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

ili posted:

Apparently Sydney/NSW clubs will not have to play the Friday 6pm game because the traffic is bad and nobody will turn up. Lucky the streets of Brisbane are deserted during peak hour while the Cowboys fans are renowned for living close to the stadium. Should work fairly well for the Warriors though, 8pm kick off on a Friday night.

Warning: may contain alcoholics and traces of Murdoch

Getting to suncorp even during peak hour is really easy though because there's a train station a 5 minute walk from there. It's actually a really well designed stadium and transport network around it in Brisbane which is really loving weird for Qld considering most town planning is dogshit. I've gone to Friday night games before and other than a few drunk yobs on the train it's pretty painless. They always have shitloads of minders on the platforms telling you where to go.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
The raiders draw is fantastic really

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Burn Down Canberra posted:

The raiders draw is fantastic really
you guys got the best draw according to an article i read

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
And the most FTA games out of any small market side besides the defending premiers.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Apparently Robbie is now staying at the Tigers. Looks like it'll be an interesting Christmas holiday period for Taylor, he'll spend the whole time wondering whether Santa's bringing him a set of marching papers.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Robbie got his way like he always does

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer

ili posted:

Apparently Robbie is now staying at the Tigers. Looks like it'll be an interesting Christmas holiday period for Taylor, he'll spend the whole time wondering whether Santa's bringing him a set of marching papers.

Twitter is of the belief that the Tigers will be offering an apology to the fans for the way the whole affair has been handled. Given the three month process has left us exactly where we were at the beginning, except now we have no Taupau but do have a superfluous hooker, I kinda think that would be appropriate.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

At least there aren't that many more positions down the ladder we could slide next year :smith:

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer

Wests Tigers posted:

Welcome to the Wests Tigers CEO Update for November 2015. A lot has been happening behind the scenes at the Club since my last update with plenty to report.

On Friday the 2016 NRL fixture was released which provided plenty of things to look forward to for Wests Tigers members.

We open the season against a new-look Warriors at Campbelltown Sports Stadium before heading to Leichhardt Oval to take on Manly. For the first time since 2003 we begin the year with two home games, a great boost for the team. Four of our opening five games next season are at home and I look forward to seeing as many of you at the games as possible as we look to get the year off to a strong start.

Over the last two years we have seen massive crowds for our Easter Monday clash against the Eels at ANZ Stadium and it’s great that we’ll be hosting this game for the first time in 2016. Other highlights of the draw for members are the family-friendly timeslots at Campbelltown, Sunday afternoon at Leichhardt and access to seven games for the price of four at ANZ Stadium.

It’s important to note that the Club’s home ground allocation is influenced by our tenancy agreement with ANZ Stadium. As a part of our long-term agreement ANZ Stadium are able to select which four games they would like to host. Understandably this decision is based upon who will draw the biggest crowd and what timeslots work best for the venue. In 2016 we will take on Parramatta, the Bulldogs, Souths and the Panthers at ANZ Stadium.

The players are now well and truly into the midst of pre-season training with Jason Taylor and his coaching staff happy with how the squad is progressing. Last week the team headed north to Port Stephens for a training camp were the team was challenged on a numbers of levels and they all came through with flying colours.

There continues to be much written in the media about the Club and about the future of a number of players. Once again I remind you that if you do not see a quote from myself in an article it should be treated as an opinion piece, nothing more. The only place to get official news from the Club is from our website. We will continue to keep you up to date as we continue to work on a number of topics, all of which are being done with the long-term future of Wests Tigers in mind.

I’m pleased to announce plans for a new Member Committee, designed to help grow and develop the Club’s Membership program. The development of our new Wests Tigers Member Committee is important for the Club as we look to grow and develop our Membership offering. It’s important that we understand and listen to you, our Members, to know what drives you to support the Club and in turn how we can support you.

You are a massive part of this Club and your continued involvement is integral to our future success. We’re committed to ensuring that you have a voice and are a valued part of Wests Tigers into the future. The Member Committee will be made up of 10 individuals and will meet on a bi-monthly basis, with you being asked to nominate a fellow Member for selection. Keep an eye out for full details on the Wests Tigers website later today. I look forward to working closely with the Member Committee over the coming year.

We have highlighted a couple of areas within the business that need attention, one of these is the under-resourced player welfare and education department. To improve this, we now have three staff members working closely with our players, with Debbie Brewin being appointed our Education and Welfare Manager, Tony Carson our Welfare and Football Manager and Brett McKenna joining us as Welfare Coordinator. Investing in this area is the first step, the next is to develop processes that ensure that welfare is working in collaboration with the football department to get the best out of our players both on and off the field.

We’re also very happy to have recently had Shane McCurry join the Club. Shane brings a wealth of experience to Wests Tigers in the areas of culture, leadership and performance and will be spending time working with all areas of the business, our players, coaches and administration staff. I’m sure that Shane will be a major asset as we look to strengthen the Club in a range of areas.

Our management team recently spent time in a strategy session looking at the future direction of the Club. Central to this was identifying a number of key issues that can be addressed and improved upon in the next year. The intention behind the day was to develop a strategy that was twofold:

What does a successful Wests Tigers look like in 5 years from now?Identifying tactical accomplishments required over the next 3 months and then 12 months in order to build a platform that will allow us to then strive towards the five year plan 

I felt we needed to really focus on the next 12 months and set some quantifiable and measurable tasks that if we complete will put this organisation into a strong position in a year’s time. I felt it was pointless to expand this out any further than 12 months given our current state. While the implementation of a long-term strategy is still a key priority for us it is important to understand the position the organisation is in and then adapt accordingly to that position.

I’d like to thank all of those members who have taken the time to email me since my last CEO Update. While I haven’t had a chance to reply to every email I can assure you that they have all been read and documented. From the initial feedback we have identified the most popular areas that have been raised by you the Member, and the list below are the areas for attention that we will be following through with and updating you monthly on.

Improved website content, more “Get to know you” style stories with the players;Promotion of community projects and alignment with new partners;Wests Tigers website to be refreshed;Additional investment into collecting more data;Membership packs to be delivered by Christmas.

Again and always, please feel free to continue to send through your comments, I can be reached viaceo@weststigers.com.au.

Once again, thank you for your ongoing support of the Wests Tigers.

Justin Pascoe

That's surprisingly light on Farah news, but at least we're getting a new website. At least it's the first email I've got from the Tigers in a while that wasn't addressing an immediate crisis.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
Yes, your fortunate the NRL doesn't have relegation like the Super League.

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
James Roberts has asked for a release from the Titans

quote:

The Titans offered Roberts a sponsor car as a sweetener to complement his existing two-year deal which was essentially null and void due to his deal being tampered with by a staff member. Roberts rejected the club’s offer which did not include an increase in the value of his deal

Maybe should have offered him a bit more after the whole signature fraud.

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

Red_Museum posted:

Toigers, Titans and Parra should merge to create a super club, that knows hows to really gently caress things up.
it'll be true rugby league

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL

Red_Museum posted:

On principle alone he should have told the Titans to go gently caress themselves. He's an obvious rising star, he'll do just fine financially elsewhere.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

ISC are having a big sale on a bunch of team gear, up to 70% off. The code WELCOMETOISC will give another $10 off if you spend over $50, plus free shipping at $75 worth of stuff.

No Broncos gear so I think I might buy some Wests stuff to thank them for subsidizing Blair for us this season. ISC stuff is usually excellent quality so even with the Tigers logo all over it I wouldn't expect it to fall apart as soon as it arrives

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

If I hadn't recently gone on a shopping spree I'd be all over that.

And lol titans, thanks for making me forget for a moment how idiotic the tigers are.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
Ah, they don't ship to the US. Alas, someone else will have to get my dollarydoos.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Has anything topped the Titans forged contract yet? I've not followed the offseason too closely this year but Google hasn't given many hits when using key rugby league words "assault," "animal," "sexual," or "glassing."

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Looks like Roberts is headed to the Broncos. The thought of Milf putting Roberts into space makes me a tad excited

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

cpaf posted:

Looks like Roberts is headed to the Broncos. The thought of Milf putting Roberts into space makes me a tad excited

Thanks Titans :)

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Dirty Frank posted:

Thanks Titans :)

The best feeder club.

Can't help but feel a mixture of sadness and antipathy for the Titans; half the nonsense that happened to them this year was arguably beyond their control, but despite Bird's mewing protests, literally committing fraud unquestionably extinguishes any goodwill or loyalty or affectation the club might otherwise be entitled to by any player or human being. Their pissweak response to offer an 'upgraded' contract consisting of a free car and nothing else goes to show they're still run by hopeless idiots. I don't blame Roberts one iota for leaving, even if he ends up at some rectal cancer of a club like Manly or the Roosters. I don't even blame him for running off with Anthony Mundine, someone rather sane, composed and all-around level-headed in comparison to the premier clownshoe and straitjacket emporium that is the GC.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Sometimes I wonder how clubs like the Titans and Tigers actually function at all, considering they appear to be controlled by literal muppets who actively do everything in their power to destabilise them. There must be some incredible support staff there to keep the lights on and the players in any semblance of sanity.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
This is why sports are valuable, because I feel the same way about most insitutions but we don't have the chance to get drunk to see politicians run around and smash into each other.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

It had to be the loving broncos...

I got a team stream app update last night informing me that Billy Slater thinks Cronk might not come back to the Storm next season. Deep joy.

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer
So we might see a bit of the league equivalent of hit and giggle in the 9s (or at least more so than usual):

http://www.nrl.com/new-free-play-rule-for-auckland-nines/tabid/10874/newsid/91144/default.aspx

The NRL posted:

The rule is aimed at allowing the team which gains possession from a mistake to attempt a high risk play without fear of losing advantage.

Under the rule, the referee will call "zero tackle" when a team gains possession from a knock on, forward pass or accidental offside.

That will signal a "free play" which will enable the team which gains possession to have an extended advantage. This means they will retain the ball even if they make a mistake.

The advantage will only be complete if the team scores, if a player commits foul play or a player with the ball is tackled. If the ball is dropped or lost before the next play the ball, the referee will order a play the ball at the point of the original infringement.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Gorbash posted:

So we might see a bit of the league equivalent of hit and giggle in the 9s (or at least more so than usual):

http://www.nrl.com/new-free-play-rule-for-auckland-nines/tabid/10874/newsid/91144/default.aspx

The have this in the SL and it sucks. Its responsible for a good play way to rarely and way too often teams throw away good position by kicking/passing uselessly, when the best play would have been to take the tackle and get a fast PtB. Its frustrating when its your team and risible when its a neutral. I hate it.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Much as I think this has the potential for stupidity, at the very least we should get a little bit more consistency around the advantage rule.

Right?

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

iajanus posted:

Much as I think this has the potential for stupidity, at the very least we should get a little bit more consistency around the advantage rule.

Right?

Yeah its easier for the refs for sure. Sometimes they have to decide if a penalty or a scrum is a better outcome which they can get wrong. Pretty sure I've seen a ref change his mind when the captain says wtf we want the penalty, doesn't happen often though.

GranadaReport
Oct 20, 2012
Its a fine rule that strikes a balance between a team seemingly getting no advantage from their opponents mistakes and the absurdity in union where an advantage can go on for minutes. I don't think you can blame the rule for teams squandering their chances carelessly.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

GranadaReport posted:

Its a fine rule that strikes a balance between a team seemingly getting no advantage from their opponents mistakes and the absurdity in union where an advantage can go on for minutes. I don't think you can blame the rule for teams squandering their chances carelessly.

Zero tackle, and first knock on if there's an immediate error is advantage enough imo. I've plenty of bile left for the stupid coaches and players if it make you happier though :)

How does the advantage rule work in Union?

GranadaReport
Oct 20, 2012
My understanding (and I don't watch much union so I'm happy to be corrected) is that advantage lasts essentially forever. For example, if your opponent knocks on gifting you possession and then a few tackles later you knock on or lose the ball in the ruck, it goes back to the original infraction, no matter how much time has passed.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

yeah, that would be worse than the "free play". If that's what they do its loving retarded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Yeah, from back when I played rugby it lasted effectively forever, especially when you were on your own line. I think it ends if you gain enough ground or manage to take advantage of it, which may take a while to happen.

• Locked thread