Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Also I heard they're nerfing furor to only work on champs. Wish they would stop nerfing masteries it is actually cool that they matter now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Darth Windu posted:

Also I heard they're nerfing furor to only work on champs. Wish they would stop nerfing masteries it is actually cool that they matter now

why even bother having keystones if 7% armor pen is better

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
With the nerfs to furor and warlord's most carries are just going to go thunderlord's decree I think

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
has anyone played volibear with dunderlords decree and statik shiv

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
does anyone want to group up with the D&D party skins and act like an rear end in a top hat adventuring group in normals

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Verviticus posted:

This is a good point. The flat armor/magic resist pen is so good right now.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

poppy tomorrow, get fuckin' hype. I am sad they dumpstered vet scars, though.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Verviticus posted:

I agree

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Darth Windu posted:

as in it'll only stack when targeting champions? the damage already only works on champions, but the stacks accumulate freely.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire
Watching the champion spotlight I noticed Poppy's new W doesn't block thresh lantern pulls
What's the deal? That's like the #1 ability it SHOULD block

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

DolphinCop posted:

as in it'll only stack when targeting champions? the damage already only works on champions, but the stacks accumulate freely.

this is correct. but now, melee attacks stacks it twice and ability damage stacks it twice with a 2s cd.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Come join me in ADC Thunderland, my friends

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Poulpe posted:

Watching the champion spotlight I noticed Poppy's new W doesn't block thresh lantern pulls
What's the deal? That's like the #1 ability it SHOULD block

https://youtu.be/u3JOjNR-eFE?t=56

It does (or did on PBE)

It doesn't stop unstoppable stuff like Vi ult, Malphite ult, Sion ult, Noc ult, etc; or most invulnerables like Maokai W and Fizz E. And Zenith Blade and Lunar Rush aren't stopped for some reason too lol

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

Come join me in ADC Thunderland, my friends

Tristana Thunderlord is pretty legit

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

Firebert posted:

https://youtu.be/u3JOjNR-eFE?t=56

It does (or did on PBE)

It doesn't stop unstoppable stuff like Vi ult, Malphite ult, Sion ult, Noc ult, etc; or most invulnerables like Maokai W and Fizz E. And Zenith Blade and Lunar Rush aren't stopped for some reason too lol

Oh weird!
I guess in the spotlight the effect ends juuust in time not to block Lucian's escape.

RYang
Dec 5, 2012

Darth Windu posted:

champ gg shows Darius highest win rate masteries as 18/0/12, taking furor and not getting the healing mastery from defense. I've been going 0/12/18 into dangerous game and grasp of the undying. What's up with that. I feel like Darius needs the tank more but does anyone here play him with furor and is it rally that good??

It's a very low sample size (132 when champion.gg refuses to show setups with sample sizes of lower than 100), the win percentage looks high but it's barely enough to indicate that its actual winrate is better than 50% (p=0.049). When you take into account the issue of multiple comparisons, there isn't any strong evidence that that mastery setup can break a 50% winrate, let alone that it's actually the best mastery setup on Darius.

It does seem to clearly beat the 18/12/0 most frequent mastery build, which at a 44% winrate across over a thousand games is provably awful.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

NTT posted:

WTF how did i win 8 lee sin games in a row

Maybe AD sucks poo poo to win with because you don't get to decide the fates of three lanes and if you win you get camped super hard anyway. Lee jungle doesn't have to worry about any of this camping poo poo since he's so strong early nobody can fight him and ruin his life in the first 20 minutes, so you have complete agency to control the game. Bond, I'm guessing you're actually ganking early successfully unlike all the lovely loving awful lee sins I keep having that do nothing the first 30 minutes but farm or suicide when they gank.

So you just tilt everyone on the enemy team super hard early and snowball for the victory.

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
I've been playing supp bard and running around with spooky ghosts and thunderlords is real fun. Bard's passive counts as 2 instances of damage like corki, so a q and an autoattack gets you an amusing amount of burst every 20 seconds.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

How Rude posted:

Maybe AD sucks poo poo to win with because you don't get to decide the fates of three lanes and if you win you get camped super hard anyway. Lee jungle doesn't have to worry about any of this camping poo poo since he's so strong early nobody can fight him and ruin his life in the first 20 minutes, so you have complete agency to control the game. Bond, I'm guessing you're actually ganking early successfully unlike all the lovely loving awful lee sins I keep having that do nothing the first 30 minutes but farm or suicide when they gank.

So you just tilt everyone on the enemy team super hard early and snowball for the victory.

You're close; the real answer is, that Lee sin...

Is good

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Service announcement: AP Malphite mid is even more ridiculous with FQC rush now being viable.

Dorans + 2 pots -> Fiendish Codex + maybe another Dorans -> FCQ and Sorc shoes -> Ludens -> Deathcap -> whatever

Flash/Ignite

You can take anyone not building full tank from 80% to dead at any point from when you hit 6. Generally I land 1 Q in lane and if they don't immediately pot it, I all-in 5 seconds later as it's coming off cooldown. Once you have FQC, Sorcs and Ludens you can 100-0 anyone who doesn't have a completed giant's belt item or a spectre's cowl item.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Riot is buffing Nidalee, gently caress you Riot: http://oce.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/patch/patch-524-notes

Also, this is a sneaky big Ziggs buff:

quote:

Passive - Short Fuse
DAMAGE TO STRUCTURES 50% ⇒ 100%

Observe Me
Jan 21, 2006

I know shits bad right now with all that starving bullshit and the dust storms and we are running out of french fries and burrito coverings. But I got a solution!
on the PBE

quote:

Trundle
Pillar of Ice (E) mana cost increased to 70/75/80/85/90 from 60 at all ranks
Subjugate (R)
Cooldown increased to 110/90/80 from 80/70/60 [?]
Mana cost increased to 100 from 75

It was fun while it lasted. :smith:

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Trundle is a piece of poo poo so that's cool

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
I appreciate that I snowball into MURDER LUX harder if I do support Lux over "actually has to lane" mid Lux.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Big change to Runeglaive, too. It's now "Runic Echoes" and is basically a weaker Luden's. Could be a pretty big hit to Elise considering how well her ability spam synergized with Runeglaive.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Sexpansion posted:

Riot is buffing Nidalee, gently caress you Riot: http://oce.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/patch/patch-524-notes

Also, this is a sneaky big Ziggs buff:

Nidalee needed buffs and is fun to play

Ziggs is a piece of poo poo but thankfully the proposed buff to his ult was cut

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
whenever ziggs and mundo are meta the game becomes an absolute shitpile and we're half way there so pls riot no

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Firebert posted:

Nidalee needed buffs and is fun to play

Ziggs is a piece of poo poo but thankfully the proposed buff to his ult was cut

No and no.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Lovechop posted:

whenever ziggs and mundo are meta the game becomes an absolute shitpile and we're half way there so pls riot no

People complained about games being too fast, and the monkey's paw crooked a single finger in Ziggs' direction.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

So they nerf fervor and DFT but buff thunderlords?

Get ready to see literally 5 people with thunderlords in your next games

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
Bard buffs!

Honestly don't think the mundo nerfs go far enough.

Hecarim base stat nerfs and no more passive unit collision. drat.

Quinn nerfs. :unsmith:

Ziggs is going to kill a tower everytime the enemy mid roams now.

No more scarra wards :( :(

No more shiv/firecannon vayne.

Assassin mastery seems cool. Why are they buffing Thunderlords???

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Ziggs is cool

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

GreyPowerVan posted:

So they nerf fervor and DFT but buff thunderlords?

Get ready to see literally 5 people with thunderlords in your next games

Yeah thunderlords already seems like the most ubiquitous keystone, I have no idea why they're buffing the AD ratio on it.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

SaberToothedPie posted:

Why are they buffing Thunderlords???

I'm assuming they've got fairly indepth internal stats on it that were showing it not being used very much, or being used by a very select group of champions, so they're trying to broaden its usefulness somewhat.

Honestly, if there's anything they should buff, it's Windraider's. Does anyone use it? The sort of characters who'd benefit most from it (assassins) generally already have built-in escape mechanisms that are a lot more useful than a 30% speed boost, and poo poo like Thunderlord's is always useful, regardless of the target you happen to be attacking.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Oh good they are making another goddamn Tryndamere skin lol

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Someone called Vaynemain1337 just ragequit a ranked game I was in after 5 minutes

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich

kek

Observe Me
Jan 21, 2006

I know shits bad right now with all that starving bullshit and the dust storms and we are running out of french fries and burrito coverings. But I got a solution!

henkman posted:

Trundle is a piece of poo poo so that's cool

Counterpoint: Trundle is cool and fun and says gently caress you to tanks, and Fiora and Aatrox.

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
Counter-counterpoint: gently caress you and gently caress Trundle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Vermain posted:

I'm assuming they've got fairly indepth internal stats on it that were showing it not being used very much, or being used by a very select group of champions, so they're trying to broaden its usefulness somewhat.

this is the opposite of true

• Locked thread