Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

SirTagz posted:

An there I was, thinking you are hiding an intelligent person behind this poo poo-posting. Turns out there are turd-nuggets all the way down

Edit: Why don't you bring up kismus or whatever your buddy's name was. that would be fresh for a while again

I dunno man I think he was onto something when he didn't care about what you're saying. It's a lesson for us all I feel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirTagz
Feb 25, 2014

Bait and Swatch posted:

"I'm offended by your mockery, you stupid social justice warriors who get easily offended"

You though I sounded offended? Which part was the trigger? 'poo poo' or 'nuggets' or the part when i did not ask him to kill himself?

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

$5 Eonwe

Limited stock available don't wait.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

SirTagz posted:

You though I sounded offended? Which part was the trigger? 'poo poo' or 'nuggets' or the part when i did not ask him to kill himself?

The part when you responded to him not caring by being upset.

SirTagz
Feb 25, 2014

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

for my part i was here, never imagining your posting hiding anything other than a condescending shitguzzler

yeah, i invented that. i hope you get the idea

Thanks, I do. Now please explain to to Eonwe. He is kind of slow today

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

I don't reefund-a sheep.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

SirTagz posted:

I think I shat that term out accidentally and it is not in wide use yet. i hope you get the idea though. It is something like the PC BROs in the last South Park season. Check it out. It's not anime but you can build up tolerance to a certain type of jokes there

South Park stopped being funny a decade ago, much like your posting.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

SirTagz posted:

how about you take a walk round the house while counting to a hundred

for the thread's sake, if not your own

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/302424/invade-the-classrooms-be-more-than-a-game

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

:barf:

SirTagz
Feb 25, 2014

how about you take a walk round the house while counting to a hundred

for the thread's sake, if not your own

Yeah, fine I am off for the night

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Optional Audio Tracks by Sagan and Tyson... or Stewie Griffon.

Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

No. I work here. I manage operations for this and integration for this, while making sure that their stuff keeps working in here.

G0RF posted:

You are certainly consistent in your consequentialism.

If I understand your earlier comments correctly, your basic take on Star Citizen is-- "if the promised game gets delivered, I don't give a crap about what it took to deliver it."

A couple of additional hypothetical questions.

1) If it was discovered, after the launch of a decent-not-great Star Citizen PU, that Chris and Sandi had laundered $10M in backer funds in the course of the project, would you shrug it off and say, "Hey, the game got made- so what do I care?" Or would you say, "The game could've been better if they'd spent some of that $10M on better procedural generation or whatever-- I feel cheated."

2) If the game that is delivered is a fraction of what was promised (and thus sucks to play), and yet you invested time and money supporting the project because you were led by Chris Roberts to believe it would be the end-all-be-all-of-space-sims, would you be mad at all? Or would you just abstract away your own frustrations because you feel no empathy for your prior self?

1) So long as it is apparent that a reasonable amount of effort went to delivering the game as promised, who cares? There's a point of diminishing returns in development effort that, after a certain point, it doesn't matter how many more resources you throw at something, it's not going to change the core experience of that thing. If I'm not satisfied with the core experience and it's apparent that enough effort and resources were put into making something that could be enjoyed, well, there's not much that $10M in extra polish is going to do to change the fundamental issues I've got with it.

2) Well, I don't actually have any money invested, and I don't think it wil be the end-all-be-all of space sims, but I'd probably be disappointed at the loss of a potentially good game experience and move on. I mean, what, am I supposed to mope because a product didn't turn out the way I wanted it to? I follow the game and its development because I like doing so at the present time, not out of some banking of positive feelings that it will deliver later, so what would it gain me to spend time bemoaning it if it isn't good?

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

SirTagz posted:

I understand you are upset, but just show us on the jpeg where croberts touched you.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

take away his belt and shoe laces when they start dropping features.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Why.... why does it have to be a school specifically? Also does that guy stop posting if you press his avatar?

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread
We're all here for you tagz, this is a safe space

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Star Citizen - The great floodgates of the Wonder-World swung open

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

You couldn't be a more complete stereotype if you tried

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

SirTagz posted:

An there I was, thinking you are hiding an intelligent person behind this poo poo-posting. Turns out there are turd-nuggets all the way down

Edit: Why don't you bring up kismus or whatever your buddy's name was. that would be fresh for a while again

you used social justice as a star citizen boogeyman, your opinion on anything means very little to me

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

SirTagz posted:

you used social justice as a star citizen boogeyman, your opinion on anything means very little to me

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dusty Lens posted:

$5 Eonwe

Limited stock available don't wait.

what a deal

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

:science:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6033280/#Comment_6033280

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Star Citizen - The great floodgates of the Wonder-World swung open

This is not a proposal, this is necessary. For the common good, do it!

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Chalks posted:

Why.... why does it have to be a school specifically? Also does that guy stop posting if you press his avatar?

Also, why would SC of all games be a good fit for any of that? You might as well make it a module for the latest Codemasters GRiD game for the connection between game and reality it would offer.

It sounds like what he's really asking for is a KSP mod, and I'm sure there is one already (except for the commentary stuff).

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Beet Wagon posted:

How come every time Octopode shows up the entire thread goes to poo poo?

Because after staring in to the abyss so long, the thread collective has lost the ability to discern troll from reality.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

So far I'm pretty ambivalent about 693 I bet we can really step it up and make 694 a page to remember.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Dusty Lens posted:

So far I'm pretty ambivalent about 693 I bet we can really step it up and make 694 a page to remember.

You ask for too much

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

This just in, MWO will have VR support before Star Citizen does: https://twitter.com/russ_bullock/status/674109746979299328

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Ticket system is backlogged, get in line. game development takes time, show me any game of this scope developed in this amount of time yada yada yada. The escapist article was a bunch of slander by he who shall not be named.

Oh and you aren't entitled to a refund so stomping your feet won't make the process go any faster.

I'm the voldemort

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6034326/#Comment_6034326

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Sarsapariller posted:

This just in, MWO will have VR support before Star Citizen does: https://twitter.com/russ_bullock/status/674109746979299328

I'm not sure that qualifies as news. It would be 50:50 odds that GTA X will have VR support before Star Citizen does…

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Why are such a large percentage of star citizens so distasteful? So easy to hate?

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Chalks posted:

where else are you going to get the child slaves?

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Tippis posted:

I'm not sure that qualifies as news. It would be 50:50 odds that GTA X will have VR support before Star Citizen does…

I just find it ironic as it's a complete inversion of my views of these two developers from three years ago.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Thanks for the interest. Kamakraze org grows stronger! Founder has approved 3 new corpses for duty...

K.O. won't stop until all stars are made of pubbie dust.

ZenMaster fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Dec 8, 2015

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i wouldn't even make fun of Octopode for saying the dumb suffering thing if he would just be like

yea

that was dumb im sorry

but he has to pull the epic stoic badass realpolitik i dont even want to pretend to care about them poo poo

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i think I still have that $30 ship I bought from someone

i would grief people with it, but that would entail griefing myself by playing

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

FrankieGoes posted:

Why are such a large percentage of star citizens so distasteful? So easy to hate?
trying to show off dank alcohol collection

$10 vodkas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Social, Social Justice or Social... anything really, just means you obnoxiously post about it on Facebook and Twitter.

• Locked thread