Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Bobby Digital posted:

a turned-off nest cam, apparently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

also you should only need to worry about google music if they ever got merged into the youtube PA; duplication of effort is A-OK across PAs

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

rack up another tombstone

quote:

In July 2014, Songza was acquired by Google (#ConsciousCoupling), and in them we found a company who shares our excitement for IRL soundtracking. Over the past year and a half, we’ve worked hard to bring all of the features that you love from Songza to Google Play Music, including the Concierge and our massive library of hand-curated playlists — from Walking On Sunshine to Hillbilly Bodybuilding, no moment shall go un-soundtracked.

It’s now time for us to focus on building a single, cohesive product. So as of January 31, 2016, Songza will become Google Play Music, and you will no longer be able to access Songza.com or the Songza mobile apps. HEY! There’s no crying! Are you crying? There’s no crying in music streaming! Moving to Google Play Music is free, and your favorite playlists can come with you! Pinky swear. Soon, when you visit Songza, you’ll be greeted with a prompt that will let you bring all of your Songza listening history and favorite playlists over to Google Play Music — so please make sure to do that! Using all of Songza’s features in Google Play Music is 100% free and doesn’t require a credit card, you just need to accept our new Terms of Service and Google’s Privacy Policy (if you haven’t already).

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
dammit

i liked songza

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

FMguru posted:

dammit

i liked songza
let us know how new google play music with all the songza features works out :)

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

where is that "our incredible journey" blog again? the one that had all the announcements of "we've been acquired but nothing we'll change" followed closely by "the service will be shut down and rolled into acquiring company's product"

http://ourincrediblejourney.tumblr.com

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
what the heck was a songza and what did it do

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

fishmech posted:

what the heck was a songza and what did it do

pandora, but with more curation and less ads

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Pinterest Mom posted:

It’s now time for us to focus on building a single, cohesive product.

:eyepop:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Pinterest Mom posted:

rack up another tombstone

is it just me or does this read hella condescending?

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Snapchat A Titty posted:

google inevitably murders whatever it buys and eats the remains

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Snapchat A Titty posted:

they're trying to be funny

and failing

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

don't cry little babby lol jk you can cry in a year when your songs are deleted

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
how many people who used songza have also seen "a league of their own"? or at least know about the "no crying" thing?

Suck a Dick No Homo
Apr 22, 2008
What the gently caress is this new gchat color scheme this company is loving run by idiots AARRGGGHHHHHHH

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

prefect posted:

how many people who used songza have also seen "a league of their own"? or at least know about the "no crying" thing?

gol' dang millenials :corsair:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

ArmZ posted:

gol' dang millenials :corsair:

idk im in my 30s and i had to be reminded of it. prefect has a point there. pretty sure the customers of something called songza are at most 25 years old and probably havent seen the movie so the reference will be even more lost on them & thus not very polite

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

its like marketing uber by referencing the gas shortages of ww2 or some poo poo

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

taxi drivers don't want you to know about our final solution for getting around the city!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Thanks Ants posted:

taxi drivers don't want you to know about our final solution for getting around the city!

lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Thanks Ants posted:

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Snapchat A Titty posted:

idk im in my 30s and i had to be reminded of it. prefect has a point there. pretty sure the customers of something called songza are at most 25 years old and probably havent seen the movie so the reference will be even more lost on them & thus not very polite

i saw that movie in the theater when it was first released. that's me in the wheelchair.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

i updated our google tracker

and made an unnecessary thread about it: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3754761

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

not being able to click outside the 'more info' boxes to close them did not bring me pleasure, kevin

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Thanks Ants posted:

not being able to click outside the 'more info' boxes to close them did not bring me pleasure, kevin

yeah, it's an issue with react-router that i was super frustrated with and just got lazy. will fix later when i feel like asking someone for help again

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

there are two entries for reader

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
needs android AOSP (dead), android one, nexus tablets, google fiber, Internet balloons, nest thermostat and smoke detector, Google shopper, Google wallet

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

YouTube Red (lol that name) as well

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

google play apps
google play music
google play movies ampersand tv
google play books
google play magazines newsstand
google play hardware store

lampey
Mar 27, 2012

does google play music have a way to make a playlist of music I have never listened to, but is similar to other music I have listened to?

my biggest gripe is with the map making moderation. the smallest and most inconsequential edits get the most severe and petty scrutiny

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

available today, outfits for your google onhub router

https://onhubmakers.withgoogle.com/

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
looks better than the new apple case

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

http://www.theverge.com/2015/12/8/9869980/google-pixel-c-tablet-review-android

quote:

The specs are also huge: 3GB of RAM paired to the latest Nvidia X1 64-bit processor. That all seems good, but something is amiss with performance on the Pixel C. There are inexcusable pauses and latency, especially when launching and switching apps. My hunch is that the Android team still hasn’t figured out how to take real advantage of all that power out of Nvidia’s silicon (the Nexus 9 seemed to similarly underutilize its processor). Whatever the reason, it’s a miss. A bad one.

android providing a lovely user experience even when given hardware that is more than powerful enough. nobody could have seen that coming.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Thanks Ants posted:

android providing a lovely user experience even when given hardware that is more than powerful enough. nobody could have seen that coming.

that or they glued a micr-SD inside

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
Google should give up on tablets imo, their pathetic office hierarchy means nothing gets done or fixed.

Also, Java.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Thanks Ants posted:

lmao, I can't believe they did it again. this is a fundamental design flaw of the transmeta nvidia 64-bit arm chips and their dynamic instruction set translation. they must have gotten a hell of a deal on these pieces of poo poo

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

lampey posted:

does google play music have a way to make a playlist of music I have never listened to, but is similar to other music I have listened to?

all the 'recommended for you stuff' is stuff you've listened to? have you tried hitting the im feeling lucky button? google music makes it pretty easy to discover new stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

google in full microsoft ballmer milking the cows harder mode

• Locked thread