Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VileLL
Oct 3, 2015

Korelle posted:

Yes, and then as you mentioned Roman proceeded to bore them all to loving death. And that's just the people who didn't gently caress off beforehand.

This is absolutely the best time to try and get it right with Roman, as we're missing Cena, Lesnar, Bryan, Rollins and Cesaro among others, a wide selection people who are either far more over among casual fans, or far more over among hardcore fans. If he keeps being given these soul-destroyingly dull 10 minute promos then he's dead in the water the next time he's sharing the ring with a Cena or a Lesnar.

i also chant what the person in the ring is saying when i'm bored

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

This guy gets it.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Atticus Finch posted:

Book RAW like Adventure Time.

All the wrestlers will be badly drawn and unrealistic looking and animated gifs of them will be posted on tumblr.

What is the difference from the way it is now?

bartok
May 10, 2006

If Roman Reigns is the second coming of 1995 Diesel, can we just fast forward to the fun albeit short heel run he had before jumping ship to WCW?

I need to see Roman Reigns hit someone with a prosthetic leg.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Diesel could talk and do power moves.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Adam Rose is the Pooper Scooper, he comes out and whips plastic turds at fans

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

bartok posted:

I need to see Roman Reigns hit someone with a prosthetic leg.

I want to see someone steal Zeb's rascal before he and Swagger get shelved again.

Ambrose happily scooting around would nearly redeem the whole Meximerica angle.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Borrowed Ladder posted:

Roman doesn't have the body of Luger or the coolness of Nash so he's not even the modern version of those failures.

"Coolness of Nash" always sounds so weird to me when I see old clips with his tshirt tucked into his jeans but it was the 90s I guess

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine

Tezzor posted:

Well he could do a sidewalk slam and a powerbomb, but yeah that's a lot more than Roman can do

bartok
May 10, 2006

Tezzor posted:

Having watched a lot of New Generation era WWF, Nash was poo poo on the mic as a face. Nash didn't get good until his Tweener/Heel turn when it was clear he didn't give a gently caress.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

bartok posted:

Having watched a lot of New Generation era WWF, Nash was poo poo on the mic as a face. Nash didn't get good until his Tweener/Heel turn when it was clear he didn't give a gently caress.

Because they wanted him to be a face in the Hogan mode. Smiling, happy, do-gooder.

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
Yeah I can only imagine Vince was writing Diesel's material as a babyface or something like he is with Roman.

The only face promo I can readily recall from Diesel was at KotR 95 when he was in the back talking about Money Inc and he called Tatanka "Pocahontas", which had to be a Vince line. He did however sound much more believable with his 'confident, mocking tone' delivery than Roman.

EDIT: You know I was thinking back to Roman's repeated references to school, learning, calling Sheamus "the Professor" because Sheamus I guess said he'd "teach [Roman] a lesson" and it hit me that Vince wrote Roman a promo on Dean Douglas.

DynamiteKidd fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Dec 8, 2015

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Raw in Philly next week

theminx
Jun 7, 2007
I has a bucket.

Chris James 2 posted:

Raw in Philly next week

he knows

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Intruder posted:

"Coolness of Nash" always sounds so weird to me when I see old clips with his tshirt tucked into his jeans but it was the 90s I guess

A white dude wearing FUBU *should* have been great heel heat, but t'was not to be. I don't know what the equivalent would be now though, maybe someone using Mackelmore for a theme?

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
Tommy Dreamer main eventer.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

DEAR RICHARD posted:

Rhyno was getting cheered over Roman Reigns.

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*

DEAR RICHARD posted:

We're a few weeks from 2016 and Tommy Dreamer had the final match on a go-home Raw. A month ago I was wondering if WWE would open up the checkbook and bring in Batista, Jericho, or RVD or if they would stay the course and push through with a depleted roster. They went off the menu and brought in Tommy Dreamer, who is only able to make appearances for WWE because the TNA tour of India was canceled. And he main evented Raw.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
WWE Superstar Tater Tot found dead today at the senseless age of 83.

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine

flashy_mcflash posted:

A white dude wearing FUBU *should* have been great heel heat, but t'was not to be. I don't know what the equivalent would be now though, maybe someone using Mackelmore for a theme?

Look, in the mid-late 90s we all did things we'd take back.

Except for Kevin Nash.

EDIT: On a real note I think Nash's charisma is evident whenever you watch him in WCW, but some of his segments/promos that we've been seeing in the PSP Tuesday Nitro airings strike me as kind of "you had to be there at the time" -- I don't really like the Wolfpac all that much and Nash hasn't wowed me on the mic since its formation, but they were really over

UpfrontSalmon
Nov 4, 2011

I prefer the term "Battle FROG."

Chris James 2 posted:

Also yeah, people were leaving before the main event

this was from the side the cameras were shooting from and those seats were never occupied. People at several points during the show got up to get concessions which happens at most shows.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

WWE Superstar Tater Tot found dead today at the senseless age of 83.

He was delicious.

oatgan posted:

roman reigns problem is that he isn't believable. Nothing he says sounds like something he would or should say. He comes off like a guy playing a role and not a genuine person. Say what you will about John Cena but if they gave him that material last night I would believe that John Cena thinks Sheamus has tiny shriveled balls. Roman needs to either find his voice as a performer or protect himself and tear up the awful scripts they give him

Or die
This exactly. As goofy and stale as Cena is while acting like an 8 year old, I buy it as part of his personality. Roman not only can't act, but he sounds completely phony, AND he stumbles or outright forgets what he's supposed to say. Although, tearing up lovely scripts implies Roman can come up with something on the fly, and he's visibly demonstrated many times that he can't ad-lib worth poo poo. WWE's top guy needs to be absolutely 100% confident and believe what he's saying, and Roman is shaky at best.

I hope the Rumble gets poo poo on for the third straight year. If not the Rumble itself, the title match should at least get the Orton/Cena treatment.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

Chris James 2 posted:

Raw in Philly next week

I'm going to be there six rows up right near hard cam. I can't wait to see this train wreck.

Which reminds me I saw Trainwreck the other night and Cena was hilarious.

Eldritch BiLast fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Dec 8, 2015

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
https://twitter.com/YoungHorsecock/status/674037737238999040

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Keg posted:

/YoungHorsecock/

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

Chris James 2 posted:

Raw in Philly next week

they're gonna toss ECW guys at us in the hopes that we wont tear the poo poo out of roman
I hope it doesn't work.

I wont know because I wont be there. I've got Final Battle this week and Cage of Death Next week. No way in hell I'm giving WWE any of my wrasslin cash after what they gave us at the rumble.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I hope Tommy Dreamer comes back and has a bigger House of Hardcore logo on his shirt and carries a big sign that says I SHOULD ACTUALLY BE AT A TNA SHOW RIGHT NOW

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

Codependent Poster posted:

Rhyno was getting cheered over Roman Reigns.
As it should be. I would sincerely say Rhyno is better than Roman in every way except possibly look, which is entirely dependant on what role you're trying to fill, pitting sexy cool daddy vs walking fridge gonna gently caress you up. Rhyno is a better wrestler, is specifically better at doing Roman's moves than Roman is, and on average is the better promo.

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES

Hello darkness my old friend...

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Chris James 2 posted:

Raw in Philly next week

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:laffo:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

pressedbunny posted:

As it should be. I would sincerely say Rhyno is better than Roman in every way except possibly look, which is entirely dependant on what role you're trying to fill, pitting sexy cool daddy vs walking fridge gonna gently caress you up. Rhyno is a better wrestler, is specifically better at doing Roman's moves than Roman is, and on average is the better promo.

The thing is, Reigns should be booked as "walking fridge gonna gently caress you up". He's not quite stocky or thick enough for it, but being an Anoa'i he really only has to wait a few years for his gut and rear end to fill out.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

push the big rhino "rhyno" belI've that, I can, I will, suffering succotash, magic beans, the powerful rhyno, the real life, the tater tot

I miss seth rollins SETH ROLLINS seth rollins SETH ROLLINS

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Hour 1: 3.27 million
Hour 2: 3.04 million
Hour 3: 2.85 million

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
We're put of time folks see you on thunder

Howling Man
Mar 29, 2014
describe raw from last night with a bad christmas song so i know what i missed

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Howling Man posted:

Tater tots roasting in a dumpster fire

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Luigi Thirty posted:

Hour 1: 3.27 million
Hour 2: 3.04 million
Hour 3: 2.85 million

Into the toilet I go.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Howling Man posted:

Grandma got run over by a Reigndeer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Howling Man posted:

Do They Know It's Reigns' Time?

altpost Vince gazing at different images of Reigns, singing All I Want For Christmas Is You in perfect Mariah voice

• Locked thread