Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which religion is the best?
This poll is closed.
Shintoism 59 9.58%
Buddhism 77 12.50%
Taoism 66 10.71%
FEAR CLOWNPIECE 414 67.21%
Total: 616 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Clarste posted:

I have no explicit basis for this, but I feel like DDC is set in autumn. The fighting games also generally take place during the summer. Touhou is usually pretty specific about its timelines (you can see in the manga that they're always talking about the seasons or the weather).

Going of this panel in the Forbidden Scrollery chapter with Shinmyoumaru, DDC happened in late summer, maybe early fall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

You translated it so maybe thats why you had that feeling :v:

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

Clarste posted:

Miko has an age because she's based off of a historical figure. She was born on February 7, 572 AD. Which makes her 1443 years old.

I dunno if I'd really count time spent in cryosleep as actual age, but I guess I'll buy that.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Golden Battler posted:

I dunno if I'd really count time spent in cryosleep as actual age, but I guess I'll buy that.

Well, okay, if you want to count her official death in 622 and rebirth in 2011, then she's 54 years old.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

Clarste posted:

Well, okay, if you want to count her official death in 622 and rebirth in 2011, then she's 54 years old.

Now that's the kind of investigative journalism that I was hoping for!

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

ProfessorProf posted:

Reimu and Marisa will continue to be nebulous teenagers forever, and you're not supposed to think too hard about it. It's like Calvin & Hobbes.

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"

AnoHito posted:

So what you're saying is that it'll be a cold day in hell before there's a Touhou game that isn't set in spring?
Please don't forget the Aki sisters. At least one of them is working hard.

Nook
Jan 27, 2015

Imperishable Night and Mountain of Faith were both set in Autumn

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
So you know that whole Play Doujin thing that was doing official releases of touhou fangames and stuff? They're finally getting around to Genius of Sappheiros. They haven't put up all the info on it yet, but it is apparently due out in the first half of 2016 on the Vita. Still basically 0% chance of an English release, but neat as heck all the same.

Golden Battler fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Dec 5, 2015

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

El Burbo posted:

PCB is in the winter, or at least one that has been unnaturally extended.

PCB is in the spring and it just happens to still be snowing because trees

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

AdorableStar posted:

PCB is in the spring and it just happens to still be snowing because trees

No, it's winter. Spring is literally stolen, it can't be spring.

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

El Burbo posted:

Spring is a time period. If it wasn't spring, the spring wouldn't be there to be stolen.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

El Burbo posted:

It's spring in the netherworld where a significant part of pcb is set.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

AdorableStar posted:

Spring is a time period. If it wasn't spring, the spring wouldn't be there to be stolen.

You're just being pedantic.

The conflict in the game is that the weather conditions in the game are those of winter, youkai that are only active in winter are still around, and the cherry blossoms wont bloom. For all intents and purposes, it's winter.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Pedantry is to be expected from someone who can't accept the joy of Clownpiece into their heart.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
If it wasn't Winter in PCB, you wouldn't have run into Letty.

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

El Burbo posted:

You're just being pedantic.

The conflict in the game is that the weather conditions in the game are those of winter, youkai that are only active in winter are still around, and the cherry blossoms wont bloom. For all intents and purposes, it's winter.

Winterlike conditions are not the same as winter.

Wait let me do my cartoonduck impression: "Will you guys shut the gently caress up about this who cares you autistic morons"

AdorableStar fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Dec 6, 2015

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

It is Springtime in PCB but as Spring has been stolen it is still Winter.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
It's like my grandfather used to say: if it looks like winter, swims like winter, and quacks like winter, then it's probably winter.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

FractalSandwich posted:

It's like my grandfather used to say: if it looks like winter, swims like winter, and quacks like winter, then it's probably winter.

Same

celeron 300a
Jan 23, 2005

by exmarx
Yam Slacker

BlitzBlast posted:

Pedantry is to be expected from someone who can't accept the joy of Clownpiece into their heart.

celeron 300a
Jan 23, 2005

by exmarx
Yam Slacker
Mima is with each and every one of you this holiday season

(to play pranks on)

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
PCB occurs at the Border of Life, when winter turns to spring.... come on guys....

Space Flower fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Dec 6, 2015

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Are there any good remixes of any songs from Impossible Spell Card? Romantic Escape Flight is probably my actual favorite 2hu song and I want more of it.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

You're in luck, because the House Set arrange of that song is the best track on the collective HSoDDC and HSoISC soundtracks.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

A couple of vocal tracks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cowjOdL_whQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKeNY0Lb8Ek

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
This seems like saying that Yuyuko isn't actually dead because look, she still moves around and does stuff!

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

AdorableStar posted:

Winterlike conditions are not the same as winter.

Wait let me do my cartoonduck impression: "Will you guys shut the gently caress up about this who cares you autistic morons"

Please do not besmirch the name of my friend a cartoon duck

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

fixed it

Smoking Crow fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Dec 8, 2015

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

The translation of Fantasy Maiden Wars 3 is done, so if you're up for reading some Touhou fanfiction then boy do I have the game for you.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Forbidden Scrollery 30, final draft released. Batoto link. In which an ominous urban legend starts to spread, which kinda sucks when ULiL is still at large.

Also, thank you mysterious benefactor!

Clarste fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Dec 8, 2015

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

BlitzBlast posted:

The translation of Fantasy Maiden Wars 3 is done, so if you're up for reading some Touhou fanfiction then boy do I have the game for you.

The only good lp of fmw was the one I was in

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Your fault for not getting in on the ground floor!

I mean, even duck was in this LP's credits. And he didn't even read any of the updates.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

BlitzBlast posted:

Your fault for not getting in on the ground floor!

I mean, even duck was in this LP's credits. And he didn't even read any of the updates.

give me the soundtrack I will write about "flow" and then use MS paint to make doofy ghost and call ibiza a paedophile

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Wait I thought that LP was cancelled.
Oh. It continued. Well, 1150 posts to catch up on.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

It resurrected like, a week after it died. :v:

I was actually wondering why you stopped posting in it too. Guess I know now.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I can't believe the thread died and that I'm not credited

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
Though I sort of agree with how it's weird they went with "Great Mausoleum" for the in-game translation, I can't get over "White Jade Belvedere" or whatever you used for Eientei at all.

If Street Fighter has taught me anything, it's that non-Japanese people are totally fine with Japanese names, even if they can't pronounce them correctly at first. To me, if a straight English translation of a name would be a mouthful (Scarlet Devil Mansion is sort of my benchmark), just leave it be.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Hehe, yeah, that was super-awkward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
I think the "big mouthful" translations are at par with ZUN's usual.