Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

http://www.mediafire.com/watch/p1p1n49z12g16cp/Madoka_Magica_Concept_Movie_Trailer.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

:love: u

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Madoka, your new outfit is scandalous

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I don't know what's going on int hat but it looks rad.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
On this day, two years ago, I saw Rebellion in a Chicago theater and my heart was torn apart by anime girls. Now, today... aaaah. Thank you!!!!!

Brownieftw
Nov 23, 2011

Fluff master

Space Flower posted:

On this day, two years ago, I saw Rebellion in a Chicago theater and my heart was torn apart by anime girls. Now, today... aaaah. Thank you!!!!!

I'd have loved to see that in theaters. With any luck SHAFT's next movie will come over here too.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

btw people are saying the next Newtype has an interview about it that compares Mami to Guan Yu

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
What's Urobuchi up to lately? Is he still on the Madoka team?

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

that trailer just made me wish shaft made a princess tutu movie tbh

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Cephas posted:

What's Urobuchi up to lately? Is he still on the Madoka team?

Last major thing he did was the Psycho-pass movie. Also according to wikipedia something called 'Wooser's Hand-to-Mouth Life: Phantasmagoric Arc" whatever the gently caress that is. But the announcement for the concept film said he was involved in it, implication being that he's involved in whatever project its hinting at.

e: It was hard to tell but did Sayaka have a new outfit too? Beyond the weird studded niqab? Also noticed that Hitomi had the old style of ribbon on her uniform where as Homura had that narrower ribbon that was included in that artwork by someone who had seen the concept film earlier.

Homura and Sickle fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Dec 8, 2015

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
Mami's looking pretty large and in charge in that trailer.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

lets hang out posted:

btw people are saying the next Newtype has an interview about it that compares Mami to Guan Yu

http://pastebin.com/MgC4UV5a

"This will not end with just the concept movie, from here on out, a new Puella Magi Madoka Magica begins, and we hope that this was communicated to everyone."

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I'll try and take some pics when it arrives in my city later this month.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
supposed translation of the dialogue. fuckt if i know if its right

まどか&ほむら「幸せって、何かしら。」 Madoka and Homura: I wonder what ‘happiness’ is.

まどか「それは、5月の麗らかな陽射し。」 Madoka: It is the bright sunbeams of May.

ほむら「それは、温かな家族。」 Homura: It is a warm family.

まどか「それは、朝ご飯の目玉焼き。」 Madoka: It is sunny-side up eggs for breakfast.

まどか&ほむら「けれど、そのどれもが天国にはないものです。」 Madoka and Homura: But Heaven has none of those things.

まどか&ほむら「幸せって、何かしら。」 Madoka and Homura: I wonder what ‘happiness’ is.

ほむら「それは、誰かに名前を呼ばれること。」 Homura: It is having your name called by someone.

まどか「それは、誰かの名前を呼ぶこと。」 Madoka: It is calling someone’s name.

ほむら「それは、誰かが自分を想ってくれること。」 Homura: It is someone thinking about you.

まどか&ほむら「それはなにひとつ、神様にはないものでした。」 Madoka and Homura: The Goddess had none of those things.

ほむら「トカゲの女の子は、神様のことがとてもかわいそうに思えてきました。」 Homura: A lizard-girl could not help but take pity on the Goddess.

まどか「こうしてトカゲの女の子は神様をまっぷたつに引き裂いて、その片方を天国から地上へと連れ去ってしまったのです。」 Madoka: And still thinking that, the lizard-girl split the Goddess into two equal halves, and kidnapped one of those halves, taking her from Heaven to the surface of the earth.

ほむら「その残酷なまでに優しい輝き、闇の中で出逢うには……まぶしすぎる。」 Homura: And until that cruelty, that gentle radiance, when it was met in the darkness…was too dazzling.

A「最近猫が多いね。」 A: Lately there’s been a lot of cats around, huh?

B「死んだ猫が混じっているんだって。」 B: They’re mixed in with dead cats.

A「死んだ猫はどうやって見分けるの?」 A: How can you tell they’re dead?

杏子「あたしが許せねえのはな、そういう訳の分かんねえ理由で他人にヤッパを向けるやつだよ。」 Kyoko: I can’t allow this. That person would definitely would turn to someone else in situations like this with unexplained causes. [not sure on this]

さやか「嘘でしょ、どういうこと。なんであたしにこの文字が読めるの?」 Sayaka: That’s impossible, isn’t it? How can this be? Why can I read these characters?

仁美「それはきっと、口止めされているんですわ。魔法のご利益って内緒にしておかないと、効き目が消えてしまうものでしょう。」 Hitomi: I’m they’ve been forbidden to talk about it. If the benefits of magic aren’t kept a secret, perhaps its effects will disappear.

なぎさ「これは何やら陰謀の臭いがするのです。」 Nagisa: For some reason this smells [suspiciously] like a conspiracy.

キュゥべえ「どうして僕が? それこそ、何のメリットもないじゃないか。」 Kyubey: Why am I [here?]?…isn’t there no benefit to this whatsoever?

マミ「あなたもあなたで、誰と一緒の時も隠し事ばっかりね。」

Mami: You too keep secrets from yourself and from whoever you’re with, don’t you? [unsure on this one too]

ほむら「私の邪魔をしようっていうの?」 Homura: Are you saying you intend to get in my way?

まどか「もう誰も恨まなくていいの。あなたは……私が……。」 Madoka: You don’t have to resent anyone anymore. You…[have]…me…

まどか「助けてくれるの? あなたたちも、妖精さん?」 Madoka: You're going to help me? Are you all fairies[/elves], too?

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
Also Lord Justice (PBUH) informs me that the line about May in the beginning is probably alluding to this song by noted Madoka singers Kalafina:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KV9a39qNxVI

The lyrics are apparently full of allusions to the ending half of Rebellion wrt to Madoka/Homura's relationship. I don't wanna quote all his stuff since he doesn't want to be in this thread anymore but it sounds like this song will probably be a part of the next movie.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
The hype train never stops for Madoka Magica.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.
Jag, I just want to tell you your avatar is incredible and I enjoy reading it every time you post.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Is this really happening? Are we actually getting a new movie?

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Sakurazuka posted:

Is this really happening? Are we actually getting a new movie?

I read a supposed excerpt from a recent interview where they said they intend it to be a continuation and hope that was conveyed well.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Jagchosis posted:

Also Lord Justice (PBUH) informs me that the line about May in the beginning is probably alluding to this song by noted Madoka singers Kalafina:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KV9a39qNxVI

The lyrics are apparently full of allusions to the ending half of Rebellion wrt to Madoka/Homura's relationship. I don't wanna quote all his stuff since he doesn't want to be in this thread anymore but it sounds like this song will probably be a part of the next movie.

Inform my friend Lord Justice (PBUH) that all is forgiven

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?

Jagchosis posted:

ほむら「その残酷なまでに優しい輝き、闇の中で出逢うには……まぶしすぎる。」 Homura: And until that cruelty, that gentle radiance, when it was met in the darkness…was too dazzling.

杏子「あたしが許せねえのはな、そういう訳の分かんねえ理由で他人にヤッパを向けるやつだよ。」 Kyoko: I can’t allow this. That person would definitely would turn to someone else in situations like this with unexplained causes.

キュゥべえ「どうして僕が? それこそ、何のメリットもないじゃないか。」 Kyubey: Why am I [here?]?…isn’t there no benefit to this whatsoever?

"The cruelly kind radiance was too dazzling for [him/her/them/it] when [they] encountered it in the darkness." (残酷なまでに means something similar to 残酷なほどに; it describes the extent of 優しい)
"I can't forgive anyone who'd turn their blade upon others for such ridiculous reasons." (ヤッパ here is a slang word for "blade", not a form of やはり)
"Why would I do that? It is those actions [as opposed to any other actions that were discussed previously in the conversation] that would be the ones without any merit, wouldn't they?

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting
Thanks for the translations! I still have no idea what I watched but I'm excited.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Lord Justice's insane delve into all things Madoka has been vindicated, we were fools to oppose him all long.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lord Justice did nothing wrong

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Twiddy posted:

Jag, I just want to tell you your avatar is incredible and I enjoy reading it every time you post.

Former Speaker Boehner disagrees, argues that Sayaka/Kyoko are OTP

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Justice for our Lord......justice PBUH

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Jagchosis posted:

Former Speaker Boehner disagrees, argues that Sayaka/Kyoko are OTP

Boehner is a hateful bigot. pic related was taken inside the perpetrator's living room.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Space Flower posted:

Boehner is a hateful bigot. pic related was taken inside the perpetrator's living room.

Jag someone doxxed you.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

site posted:

Jag someone doxxed you.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
When I reverse-search the image I get a Japanese blog that translates the highlights of /a/ threads like the one where I saved that photo two years ago. Holy crackers.

...No!!! don't show them the strawpolls! dumb nerdy Sayaka fans proxied them all!

jiffypop45
Dec 30, 2011

You sound schizophrenic

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

jiffypop45 posted:

You sound schizophrenic

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
i dont get it

e: are those all meguca madoka saved?

PerrineClostermann fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Dec 9, 2015

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

PerrineClostermann posted:

i dont get it

e: are those all meguca madoka saved?

Yeah they're in meguca heaven (and all canon historical magical girls). I guess the joke is Sayaka is awkward around famous ancient beings? Idk?

A better comic would be Anne Frank (also a meguca in the show) regaling Sayaka with stories about the Nazis and genocide

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Jagchosis posted:

Yeah they're in meguca heaven (and all canon historical magical girls). I guess the joke is Sayaka is awkward around famous ancient beings? Idk?

A better comic would be Anne Frank (also a meguca in the show) regaling Sayaka with stories about the Nazis and genocide

You think Ann Frank's wish was for the Allies to win the war or Hitler to kill himself or something?

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

site posted:

You think Ann Frank's wish was for the Allies to win the war or Hitler to kill himself or something?

she wished to be a best selling author :yayclod:

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Jagchosis posted:

she wished to be a best selling author :yayclod:

Heyooo

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Jagchosis posted: