Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Kanfy posted:

I'm still not entirely convinced that people who actually bought amiibos instead of immediately laughing themselves to death at the idea of spending money on them exist.

Why is it a difficult concept to believe that some people want collectable figurines?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Neurotypicals just don't understand

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

gently caress you, region-locking. :(

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Thanks! It's a little tempting to grab Smash to have it always in my 3DS, but I can't do that. I can grab Mario Kart though, portable racing is awesome.

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.
Ah! Oh!..So tacky! I can't...look...directly at it!

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Thanks! It's a little tempting to grab Smash to have it always in my 3DS, but I can't do that. I can grab Mario Kart though, portable racing is awesome.

I mean if you wanted to change over It trades for $20 cash at GameStop.

Seiyal
Jul 9, 2015

In my mind I just pretend. My brain is my only true friend.

DetoxP posted:

Go buy Mario Picross on the e-shop. It's a GB game, so it's not expensive, and it'll teach you as well. Way better than this nickel-and-diming F2S model.

I'll take a look here later on that, thanks for the heads-up!

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

drat, this is tempting. Do they just send you a code via email or something, or do they actually send a physical piece of paper to a US address with the code on it?

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Physical card, so there is shipping fee (but not for orders over a certain size).

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
The only Amiibos I have are Pac-Man, Mega Man, and that one Luigi sculpt where he is saluting rather than the first one where he looks like he's trying to lift off via breaking wind very forcefully.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Somebody please sell me or not-sell me on Mario Kart 7 before I jump on this :shepspends:

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Mario Kart 7 is very good and you should buy it.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Fast Racing Neo looks good...
http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/wiiu-eshop/fast_racing_neo

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

deadly_pudding posted:

Somebody please sell me or not-sell me on Mario Kart 7 before I jump on this :shepspends:

Mario Kart 7 is great with maybe one or two too many bullshit courses (Rosalina's Ice Palace immediately comes to mind.) Also it handles way different than Mario Kart 8, to the point of loving with your muscle memory if you go back and forth. But it's a great game. It was the best Mario Kart until 8 came out, IMO.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Eurogamer recommends FRN.

Eurogamer posted:

F-Zero is a famously challenging series, but its learning curve always accommodated beginners. There are no such concessions made in Fast Racing Neo, which feels like a game that's been unwisely balanced by a team of experts. The smallest mistake is punished in the strictest terms. Hit a jump at the wrong angle and miss the landing and, in the three-second pause during which it takes to restore you to the track, you'll plummet to last place. At these speeds, fortunes can flip on a single corner. The stakes are, as a result, high. A poor position in one of the four races that comprise a cup will place a greater burden on the remaining races.

So a racing game for hardcore F-Zero racers. Okay.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Rexroom posted:

That is kinda an unfortunate problem for the game to have. No F-Zero games have come out in a decade so a way to ease newcomers into the challenge is kinda necessary. F-Zero experts will probably still enjoy it but it needlessly limits the audience of the game. Yooka-Laylee would be a disaster if it started the difficulty curve right at "Rusty Bucket Bay" level.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
NA, you're getting Medabots Metabee & Rokusho on the Wii U VC this week.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

zero mission

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

NA, you're getting Medabots Metabee & Rokusho on the Wii U VC this week.

It kills me that they don't put these on the 3DS eshop. Wanna ro-battle on the go-battle

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Rexroom posted:

Yes Yes! Let the pain begin anew! :unsmigghh:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
"but its learning curve always accommodated beginners"

it did?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
JP Wii U VC games for this week: Kururin Paradise (GBA), Metal Slader Glory (SFC)

JP Wii U VC games for next week: Drill Dozer, F-Zero Climax, Mother 3 (all GBA)

NA/PAL Wii U VC games for next week: Yoshi Topsy-Turvy? Gumshoe? Tecmo Secret of The Stars? (I made this up, you'll never get anything this good)

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Dec 9, 2015

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Secret of the Stars is an odd one, surprised that's coming.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
It's not.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Why would you do Yoshi Topsy-Turvy over Warioware Twisted or KIrby Tilt N Tumble

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
They (NOA/NOE) aren't releasing any of those games. I purposely listed awful garbage as an obvious joke that was obvious only to me, the idiot who updates this thread.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

They (NOA/NOE) aren't releasing any of those games. I purposely listed awful garbage as an obvious joke that was obvious only to me, the idiot who updates this thread.

thank you, for being the only dude willing to keep everyone updated.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I missed this before: the JP Wii U eShop will be doing sale on the Mother games from December 17-31; Mother 1, 2 and 3 will be 20% off.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Austrian mook posted:

thank you, for being the only dude willing to keep everyone updated.
:yeah:

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

You're like half the reason I'm active on my SA account. (The other half is stupid mafia games.)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol. Stay safe out there man.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Looper posted:

"but its learning curve always accommodated beginners"

it did?

Sure. Easy and to some extent medium were not difficult to get first place on a circuit in F-Zero on N64 and GameCube. It was still really hard whatever difficulty you choose on SNES and GBA but that's more due to unrefined controls and hardware limitations not being able to see everything ahead of our in true 3D.

Jakk
Sep 24, 2006
I want to play 3DS on my big screen tv. Is there a better way to do this than a 400+ dollar kit that requires you to ship your 3DS to Japan?

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
There is in fact no way to do it other than that.

Jakk
Sep 24, 2006
Ah, drat Nintendo then for making certain classic GB games only available on the 3DS store. I guess I have to scour the internet for a gameboy player for the gamecube and secure an original working version of each game.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
I hope you do realize that there are better options available than that if you just want to play GB games.

Jakk
Sep 24, 2006

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

I hope you do realize that there are better options available than that if you just want to play GB games.

What would those be?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

You could get a Super GameBoy for one. :downs:

Alternately, the GameBoy is not a very powerful machine so you'd be fine hooking up a cheap HTPC and emulating or installing a GameBoy emulator on a Wii/Wii U.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

It's also pretty easy to find tutorials on putting together Raspberry Pi emulator consoles!

Jakk
Sep 24, 2006

ChaosArgate posted:

You could get a Super GameBoy for one. :downs:

Alternately, the GameBoy is not a very powerful machine so you'd be fine hooking up a cheap HTPC and emulating or installing a GameBoy emulator on a Wii/Wii U.

Would installing an emulator on a Wii U require "jailbreaking" it or the equivalent?

thexerox123 posted:

It's also pretty easy to find tutorials on putting together Raspberry Pi emulator consoles!

This sounds pretty cool! Is it possible to get a R Pi to interface with an actual cartridge ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Jakk posted:

This sounds pretty cool! Is it possible to get a R Pi to interface with an actual cartridge ?

Not that I'm aware of (but maybe!), but you can hook it up to a tv and a usb controller pretty easily, from what I've heard!