Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zamboni Jesus
Jul 3, 2007

We don't really care about what that bug-eyed fat walrus has to say

ArtVandelay posted:

I'm lookin a little bit better now. I definitely like my defense!

94 puckett isn't eligible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

At 12:17 a.m. MU police spotted Mauk, 19, run a stop sign while driving his scooter east on Kentucky Boulevard - with two female passengers on board.
I accidentally gave JosefStalinator Tony Clark instead of the Will Clark he drafted, so I fixed that.

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

At 12:17 a.m. MU police spotted Mauk, 19, run a stop sign while driving his scooter east on Kentucky Boulevard - with two female passengers on board.

Zamboni Jesus posted:

He sure is! I only floated the year change, didn't go through with it.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Zamboni Jesus posted:

We're doing 1994-2015...

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

16 sets in so far!

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
Sent mine.

Here's me so far...

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

My team so far. That bullpen is the best part so far...

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.
Mine are in and here's my mediocre team

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
drat, I didn't realize how fortunate I was to get so many players:

Zamboni Jesus
Jul 3, 2007

Bob Shabazz posted:

He sure is! I only floated the year change, didn't go through with it.

i thought we were doing 95-2015 the whole time, good thing it was only one year and probably didn't affect anything other than i might have tried and failed to get molitor in the first round.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe
Here's what's cookin'. I'm pretty happy with what I got considering I got skunked in Round 1.

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

bad and naughty children get put in the triples chamber

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

Male. Bi. Unix. posted:

triples chamber

My PTSD is kicking in

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

Accident Underwater posted:

My PTSD is kicking in

This would be where I would post a screencap of Treble In Trouble, but I didn't take any or if I did the hard drive I had them on crashed

so instead I will mention that last time I used 1994 Lance Johnson in Mile High Stadium he hit 70 triples batting 9th

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

Accident Underwater posted:

My PTSD is kicking in

arrogant doubles.

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Zamboni Jesus posted:

i thought we were doing 95-2015 the whole time, good thing it was only one year and probably didn't affect anything other than i might have tried and failed to get molitor in the first round.

The crazy thing is, with single seasons, Molitor isnt even that good. He is a bench player on my limited pick team.

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
My team is 90% complete after round 5.

Very happy with all the position players. Starting pitching was a challenge. The blue jays have had a limited amount of great starting pitching, and Clemens and Halladay were gone fast. Very happy with almost all the players I used had good-great careers or years with the jays, with notable exception of Vizquel only having a token role as an old timer. Just need a 5th starter, another bullpen arm or two and a backup catcher.

Zamboni Jesus
Jul 3, 2007

zapplez posted:

The crazy thing is, with single seasons, Molitor isnt even that good. He is a bench player on my limited pick team.

his 94 season is really good

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I seriously had no idea zapplez was just drafting Blue Jays until that post.

Atheistdeals.com
Aug 2, 2004

Establishing a gimmick is a good way to avoid the tidal wave of tears. Next time I will only pick mustachioed San Diego Padres.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Power of Pecota posted:

I seriously had no idea zapplez was just drafting Blue Jays until that post.

Same

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

Just need two more sets of picks and NutShellBill already sent in a replacement pick but he needs to send another.

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

Now we're just waiting on NutShellBill

Pumpkin McPastry
Mar 8, 2004

What else do I have to do to impress you people?

Bob Shabazz posted:

Now we're just waiting on NutShellBill

Does he have Twitter for harassment purposes?

:sigh:

Pumpkin McPastry fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Dec 8, 2015

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

oh my goddddd

Pumpkin McPastry
Mar 8, 2004

What else do I have to do to impress you people?
The year is 2084. The Cyborg King has ruled on his CyberThrone for 15 years. Pick Six enters Round 22.

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
We now start the hive mind picks for the last outstanding entrant.

I select for NutShellBill

David Eckstein.

Whos next?

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

I'm going to let him make an extra pick next round just to get the ball rolling.

Picks!

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

If you're on this list I need less than 6 picks from you:

- duyarvish (4)
- gyroball (5)
- zapplez (0)

Round 6 starts at 7 PM Mountain.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Bob Shabazz posted:

If you're on this list I need less than 6 picks from you:

- duyarvish (4)
- gyroball (5)
- zapplez (0)

Round 6 starts at 7 PM Mountain.

Is this because they've reached the roster limit? If so... what is it?

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

It's 25 players plus a ballpark

Zamboni Jesus
Jul 3, 2007

lol i still need 16 players

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I already have 18 players and meet the PA/IP suggestions, do we just keep doing more for backup? This is my first time doing what if sports so I don't know how the bench, injuries, etc work in the simulation.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

JosefStalinator posted:

I already have 18 players and meet the PA/IP suggestions, do we just keep doing more for backup? This is my first time doing what if sports so I don't know how the bench, injuries, etc work in the simulation.

You still draft 25, this theme has no salary cap so it doesn't count against you.

Zamboni Jesus
Jul 3, 2007

JosefStalinator posted:

there aren't really injuries. they only last 1 game and only happen if a player is super fatigued.

draft for more depth, relief pitchers or hilarious comedy picks. the world is your oyster.

gyroball
Jul 29, 2003

Fortunately, the people found a mighty Rosenthal, called Trevor.

JosefStalinator posted:

No injuries so pinch hitting, defensive replacements, bullpen depth (or weird pick mascots)

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
PoP and I are clearly both running out of options at 2B.

Atheistdeals.com
Aug 2, 2004

Good I got Redman, too bad I got blocked on Method Man and Skee-Lo.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Curse you EB for blocking me on Bossman Junior!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.
I'm a lil sad I didn't get Romo but on the whole my team's in pretty okay shape

• Locked thread