Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Wafflecopper posted:

It was done dude a couple of weeks ago and goons are now running it into the ground.

As per tradition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Grondoth posted:

What are the staff vet item stats

Here is all 40 Veteran items. A lot of them are not good

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Wow. the red brace of pistols has very bad effects.

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

Kitchner posted:

As per tradition

snatch dusted again!!

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Wow. the red brace of pistols has very bad effects.
None of his seem particularly impressive at all, really.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

:mediocre:

With the number of rolls it would take to legitamately get a red weapon, you would probably already have a better orange weapon and already upgrade it.

The red dwarf shield and bright mage staffs look bad-rear end though. More beard. More bones.

"There isn't more room for beard on you shield."
"More beard!"
"I guess I could just let it jut over the edge of the shield."

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
I wish the models for the blue and orange hammers for the empire soldier were swapped. The orange ones look so boring to me.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Not again

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Used cheat engine to give myself 7000 150,000 exotic materials, game is pretty sweet oops.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Dec 6, 2015

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"
The drakefires are quality aside from not having targeteer, which is pretty important to be fair.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

But Not Tonight posted:

snatch dusted again!!

As according the developers original intent.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

AndroidHub posted:

The drakefires are quality aside from not having targeteer, which is pretty important to be fair.

I think the dwarf handgun looks pretty non-terrible. Also how does targeteer interact with shotguns and shotgun style shots?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I tried making the "best" of weapons but you would have to sperg really hard to sit there and keep rerolling items for the "best" traits. Then you have to hope for a high proc chance in the forge. I tried using cheat engine to always roll max rolls too.

Maybe when they add in rerolling traits and rerolling them higher then it would be possible.

From playing the game just playing safe will help you way more than any weapon. Lost a few nightmare games where people and myself were just careless and cost us the mission.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Dec 7, 2015

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
that's like 90% of nightmare games since the patch

an orange weapon doesn't matter when you never block or dodge and don't have your head on swivel

also STICK TOGETHER

rezatahs fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Dec 7, 2015

MoreLikeTen
Oct 21, 2012

The farmer's mistake was believing he had any control over his life.
Can someone confirm hats are easier to get now, that might force me to learn how not to teamkill on nightmare

e: also the BW veteran staves are :black101: as hell. If I saw someone carrying a flaming skeletal torso on the end of a stick, I'd turn right the gently caress around

MoreLikeTen fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Dec 8, 2015

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
I have beaten every level on nightmare except for white rat, am level 36, and have gotten zero hats.

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope
Is there a reliable way to get a trinket? I have decent loadouts except for trinkets. I dont have any group buffed based ones.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

CheeseSpawn posted:

Is there a reliable way to get a trinket? I have decent loadouts except for trinkets. I dont have any group buffed based ones.

Cheat.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

How do you spawn items with the cheat engine?

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

Tenzarin posted:

I too would like to know this. I want a certain hat and I believe I'd have to play literally thousands of games to get it.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

Tenzarin posted:

You don't.

Dezztroy fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Dec 8, 2015

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
There's a team working on lua injections through Cheat Engine at the moment. They claim they'll release their methods eventually.

I don't doubt it works. I've seen pictures of purples not even attainable and they're able to mod enemy scale & size, add sack rats everywhere (pointless but funny) and generally take control over all mechanics of the game through it. There are item lists right now and they'll undoubtedly be used to add what you want straight to your inventory.

I only want the trinkets out of the whole shebang though. They should have done what they did with Red items: made things you have already not show up anymore.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
Does hail of doom even work on Beam staffs? Does it just add an extra tick like haste does when doing the beam?

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
i deeply upset a pub

i joined a hard game to test out a weapon i got and it turned out to be a new player as a host. two other people hopped in soon enough, and they started chatting on voice.

one of them, playing the role of victor, was an e-commander, and got into a slapfight over going "too fast", and then did poo poo like ignore a gatling rat as it shot at the new player and instead just stood in a doorway spamming "come on"

so he was explaining how you gotta save bombs for an ogre and i threw my bomb at him. he got very exasperated over voice chat, and i followed it up by drinking my health and strength potion in front of him too.

i then got immediatly got grabbed by a packmaster; mr pub commander tried to do a votekick and yelled at the other two to let me die. they didn't, and i didn't get votekicked, so he started bitching about how much of a stupid idiot i was and how he wasnt going to waste time and then tried to tell the other not-new guy to add him on steam and come join his ~serious good player group~ before leaving

i made fun of him as he did that

then we beat the mission because without him since its loving hard horn of magnus jfc

okay thats my story

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Tiler Kiwi posted:

okay thats my story

Let's hear Digital Jesus' side of the story now.

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

Chomp8645 posted:

:drat:

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Chomp8645 posted:

:iceburn:

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

Chomp8645 posted:

:vince:

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Chomp8645 posted:

I approve of both his post and yours.

Tenzarin posted:

You dont. You start a level, set your grim count to 7 and then teleport to cart. Then you do that a billion times until you get the item you want. I don't think you can target a specific piece of loot at the moment? I donno. Loot system is still awkward.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Whenever I have a speed potion up my shield hits stop connecting with roger, I just completely stop getting hit markers. Really annoying and keeps me from going for an instakill.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 21 minutes!
Speed potions as a whole seem to cause a lot of problems, I've kind of stopped picking them up unless they're for a quick getaway from somewhere

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Speed potions are for running ahead of your team and grabbing a grimoire, so that you can die with it later and drink all their tears.

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

Digital_Jesus posted:

I approve of both his post and yours.

You dont. You start a level, set your grim count to 7 and then teleport to cart. Then you do that a billion times until you get the item you want. I don't think you can target a specific piece of loot at the moment? I donno. Loot system is still awkward.

I found a game with someone who was level 200ish. I'm guessing that's what he did because he was practically a one man show during a nightmare run with that map with the stupid war wheels.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Whenever I have a speed potion up my shield hits stop connecting with roger, I just completely stop getting hit markers. Really annoying and keeps me from going for an instakill.

I get this sometimes WITHOUT the speed potion and it's irritating. No impact sound, no reaction from the rats, no marker. Just fuckin' whiff, when I'm right in their face and they stab me in mine a moment later.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

CheeseSpawn posted:

I found a game with someone who was level 200ish. I'm guessing that's what he did because he was practically a one man show during a nightmare run with that map with the stupid war wheels.

No, actually, if he was able to effectively solo the map then he actually knows how to play and probably got those 200 levels legitimately. Digital Jesus is still yelling at pubs and rage quitting Horn of Magnus.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Skandranon posted:

No, actually, if he was able to effectively solo the map then he actually knows how to play and probably got those 200 levels legitimately. Digital Jesus is still yelling at pubs and rage quitting Horn of Magnus.

Dunno, if you assume the Exp barrier for a new level grows as you increase it seems unlikely someone has got to there legitimately.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Kitchner posted:

Dunno, if you assume the Exp barrier for a new level grows as you increase it seems unlikely someone has got to there legitimately.

Granted I'm only level 40 or so, but it's been pretty standard to level up every 2-3 wins since I started. Only difference being playing harder difficulties and grabbing more books. Granted a level 200 would have had to play a poo poo load, but I don't think it's unbelievable, especially since skill matters more than gear as a whole.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Agreed, teamwork and skill are far more important than your gear. We had a level 17 bright wizard join us on nightmare runs the other night equipped with green weapons, and sure he didn't get the most kills or anything but he played a great team game, watched all our backs, and we all took very little damage and pulled off some great wins.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry

Huge Obamacare Fan posted:

Granted I'm only level 40 or so, but it's been pretty standard to level up every 2-3 wins since I started. Only difference being playing harder difficulties and grabbing more books. Granted a level 200 would have had to play a poo poo load, but I don't think it's unbelievable, especially since skill matters more than gear as a whole.

Yeah but it used to only need 1 full tomes and grimoire mission to level up now it's 3ish.

Even if this remained the same it would be 6 missions per level by level 100.

They would need easily a couple of hundred hours logged, which is do-able of course, just think a cheat engine is way more likely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 21 minutes!

Kitchner posted:

The XP for leveling up grows by 50 XP per level. So to go to 199->200 you need 1000 more XP than you needed to go from 0->1.

It's not as bad as you might think, really. But it is still a lot.

• Locked thread