Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Talkie Toaster
Jan 23, 2006
May contain carcinogens
Has anyone else run into an issue with previews for new objects in the workbench? I've added buildable robots under Defence, but they don't show workshop previews- even though turrets (also buildable NPCs) do. There's so many unknown flags I have no idea what could be causing it.
Here's an illustration:

Any suggestions/help would be appreciated.

Talkie Toaster fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Dec 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Talkie Toaster posted:

Has anyone else run into an issue with previews for new objects in the workbench? I've added buildable robots under Defence, but they don't show workshop previews- even though turrets (also buildable NPCs) do. There's so many unknown flags I have no idea what could be causing it.
Here's an illustration:

I know SSex had this problem for a while but I couldn't tell you how they fixed it, best I can suggest is trying to get in contact with them or maybe the Homemaker guy.

your evil twin
Aug 23, 2010

"What we're dealing with...
is us! Those things look just like us!"

"Speak for yourself, I couldn't look that bad on a bet."

LumberingTroll posted:

I think this might be a good solution to enemy levels, but his english is awful and Im not sure.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4925/

I read both the description and the posts (comments) section and still have no idea what this mod actually does.

When someone asked about the fact that a location's level is set permanently and doesn't change when things rrspaen later, he misunderstood and thought the person was asking about save file corruption.

While I wouldn't want Oblivion style scaling where all enemies always match your level it would be cool if someone could figure how to unlock things so that when you revisit an area it can have tougher enemies.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

FAg mod probed me b4 could ask

How similar is this engine to skyrims? does anyone know how easy it would be to port script mods and the like over to f4 yet?

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Dongicus posted:

How similar is this engine to skyrims? does anyone know how easy it would be to port script mods and the like over to f4 yet?

Same engine, you can use skyrims CK to compile scripts then convert them to work with FO4. As to how difficult it would be to port entire mods and stuff over? No idea im afraid.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Ty for quick answer

Are they still using papyrus?

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Dongicus posted:

Ty for quick answer

Are they still using papyrus?

Yes they are, no source included this time though, everything is compiled and run as is. May need to wait for the GECK or w/e to properly decompile what we have though there are some tools at the moment that can do some stuff. Its all very preliminary/proof of concept.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
What's the trick to getting nifskope to open the nifs extraxted with BAE?

For a chuckle, extract a male mesh and toss it in the appropriate nested folder in data but renamed to be the female mesh. The results look like Frankenstein's Monster.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

gromdul posted:

What's the trick to getting nifskope to open the nifs extraxted with BAE?

For a chuckle, extract a male mesh and toss it in the appropriate nested folder in data but renamed to be the female mesh. The results look like Frankenstein's Monster.

Just need the newest version I believe.

Talkie Toaster
Jan 23, 2006
May contain carcinogens

Kea posted:

I know SSex had this problem for a while but I couldn't tell you how they fixed it, best I can suggest is trying to get in contact with them or maybe the Homemaker guy.
Cheers, I'll drop them a line.

Kea posted:

Same engine, you can use skyrims CK to compile scripts then convert them to work with FO4.
Oh wow. Okay, that sounds like it'd be awesome to try.

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008

Talkie Toaster posted:

Huh, fair enough then.

I think it's also why artillery smoke grenades will go out a ways when you throw them.... and then magically stop in mid-air and plummet straight to the ground.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I'm at work currently so no link, but the OCDecorator creator released a beta today featuring ingestibles. I believe that it covers not just food but drugs too, so you can spread your table with wasteland nosh and then work on your hidden Jet dens for dessert :3:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Dongicus posted:

I'd like to probe you too baby.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Backhand posted:

I think it's also why artillery smoke grenades will go out a ways when you throw them.... and then magically stop in mid-air and plummet straight to the ground.

I've been suspecting this was the result of a script timer, where n seconds after being thrown the grenade object is replaced by a new prop that generates the smoke.

Iceshade
Sep 15, 2007
Tactical Ignorance

Kea posted:

Thats by our very own iron rose, im using it, its pretty good.

I have started using this weapon rebalance mod, and it is indeed pretty good.

Take note that Institute Lasers are no longer poo poo, thus the Synth Leader that came bursting through the door with a fully upgraded Institute rifle 2-shotted me. :stare:

This is good.

Sorus
Nov 6, 2007
caustic overtones
Still don't like using them because they are huge. But that mod makes the .50 cal worth it.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I like the sound of that mod making weapons like the rifle and minigun more useful but from looking at the changes, it looks like it just increases the damage on just about everything by various amounts. Which seems like it would have the side effect of making the entire game more lethal to both you and enemies, which is a pretty big side effect of balancing weapons. This could be fixed by changing the armor formula too but that sounds like it might be feature creep for a weapon mod.

I wouldn't mind lethality of many weapons going up a bit because just on hard difficulty I feel like some enemies are way too bullet spongey (I went full auto weapons and explosives, and the former are not great). But it sounds like this would also lead to you getting instantly ruined even more often by enemies randomly spawning with things like rocket launchers.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

The legendary modification mod is great because now I have an explosive automatic assault rifle.

And I hope modders can make more jetpack poo poo. I want to go faster, and have a horizontal jet that slams me into people.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007
Just found this

:nws:http://imgur.com/gallery/vgLvSrV:nws:

Yeah...

As for difficulty with the balance mod its made to be used with iron roses difficulty mod which effects enemy and player damage scaling.

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.

Talkie Toaster posted:

Here's an illustration:

Check out the ArtObject category in the Fallout4.esm. Based on what I'm seeing there and in the esm for Homemaker, you may need to define an appropriate .nif for your models.

I'm working on adding in alternatives for the settlement vendor stands. Currently I have cash registers for the Bar, Weapons, Armor and Misc vendors and I'm working on Medic Kits for the clinic stuff.
I don't know what to call the mod though. Generally people use the word 'Immersive' for this kind of thing, but I'd like to avoid that cliche. Suggestions?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

spergmersive vendor stalls

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Modding is pretty much loving all my saves, I think. Things will be fine for hours. Even reloading the last one, then I open the game again later only to have it crash on load.

Talkie Toaster
Jan 23, 2006
May contain carcinogens

Amstrad posted:

Check out the ArtObject category in the Fallout4.esm. Based on what I'm seeing there and in the esm for Homemaker, you may need to define an appropriate .nif for your models.

I'm working on adding in alternatives for the settlement vendor stands. Currently I have cash registers for the Bar, Weapons, Armor and Misc vendors and I'm working on Medic Kits for the clinic stuff.
I don't know what to call the mod though. Generally people use the word 'Immersive' for this kind of thing, but I'd like to avoid that cliche. Suggestions?
Yeah, I talked to the Homemaker modder and he pointed out the ArtObjects... not entirely sure how I'd missed that. It's fixed now.

The smaller vendor stands is a must-have, I was just starting on that too but no need now. I'd provisionally it named Small Stalls?
(Small Stands/Smaller Stalls would also work but don't trip off the tongue as nicely)

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Sylink posted:

Modding is pretty much loving all my saves, I think. Things will be fine for hours. Even reloading the last one, then I open the game again later only to have it crash on load.

Mods made with certain tools can cause save corruption.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

I'm aware of that possibility, question is how do I tell now I guess.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Amstrad posted:

Convenient Stores

e: Shoppettes

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Dec 9, 2015

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

The MoreSpawns mod was causing the game to crash on reload sometimes, so its a piece of poo poo unfortunately.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Somebody mod in a questline where you help the charge card guy make his scam a reality. I figured buying a "chaaj cod" would go somewhere, like I'd buy a charge card, go to a merchant and get laughed at and then go back and one of the options would be to get a cut of his banking operations while you do the muscle work of getting stubborn merchants in line/dealing with competitors. I just wanted to help him start the First Bank of the Commonwealth. :smith: Really, he should just lower his cut to 1% and go out there and make it happen. Unless that doews happen and my quest was broken.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Amstrad posted:

Somebody made a mod similar to that for shops and guards. You use mats and they stand behind them. Cash register is a cooler idea.

After rebuilding Sanctuary into a worthy fortress of doom, I had to do something with the old bat that just sits in her chair. So I made her my Wal-Mart Greeter.

I'm planning on giving her a small table with some drugs and maybe a lamp.

Also have you noticed that once you start adding stuff to a settlement, sometimes it gets hard to stop?

That tank is just there for, uh, decorative purposes.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Kea posted:

Just found this

:nws:http://imgur.com/gallery/vgLvSrV:nws:

Yeah...

As for difficulty with the balance mod its made to be used with iron roses difficulty mod which effects enemy and player damage scaling.

This picture is actually awesome because someone made a "wait" mod. FINALLY.

e: Also I just noticed their HUD is scrunched to hell and back and now I question what that chick looks like when you un-gently caress the image to the proper proportions.....

Jack Ketch
Jul 5, 2005

:getin:
Lipstick Apathy

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

This picture is actually awesome because someone made a "wait" mod. FINALLY.

I thought waiting was already in the game, you just had to sit on some furniture that was unowned?

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Jack Ketch posted:

I thought waiting was already in the game, you just had to sit on some furniture that was unowned?

Yeah, this is probably why there are random huts and seats all over the bloody commonwealth,

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Jack Ketch posted:

This is true, and their waifu is clearly sitting on a couch or bench or whatever so there's a context prompt.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Holy poo poo, I didn't know that. I figured they just did something bizarre and took it out completely. Guess I wasn't :spergin: hard enough as the only times I've ever sat down were missed loots and I IMMEDIATELY got back up.

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.

Babe Magnet posted:

Convenient Stores

I like this name: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/5181/

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Holy poo poo, I didn't know that. I figured they just did something bizarre and took it out completely. Guess I wasn't :spergin: hard enough as the only times I've ever sat down were missed loots and I IMMEDIATELY got back up.

It actually tells you on a loading screen I think, but since they seem to be randomly chosen its possible you missed it.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Yep. To pass time without idling, map travel or sleeping (which caries a mechanical benefit), you first have to sit on furniture for no reason. Truly a brave step backwards in functionality. God bless Bethesda.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
*bitches about minor issue*
*sarcastically pretends to like minor issue and says thanks*

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
The game is EXTRAORDINARILY bad at tutorializing. I've seen multiple people say the game literally doesn't tell you about VATS. It does, but it's a five word tiny prompt in the corner of the screen in the middle of a fight. Maybe a tutorial mod...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenlon
Jun 27, 2003

Digitus Impudicus

Kea posted:

Any mod that edits cells does this, post your modlist and we should be able to work it out.

I ended up loading up FO4Edit and looking at all the esps I have loaded - looks like the only one I have loaded that edits cells at all is More Spawns. Dammit. There's nothing we can do at this point to get around it other than a) uninstalling it or b) never fast traveling, right?

EDIT: Going back to piddly groups of 3-5 at a time is going to be so boring . . .

Kenlon fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Dec 9, 2015

• Locked thread