Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Over it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Final week before playoffs (4 spots, 12 team league). I'm in a 3 way tie for the remaining 3 spots and playing against a guy I'm tied with with. My roster looks great:

I'm wondering in exactly what way the fantasy gods are going to punish me.

My first year playing fantasy and boy do I love and hate this dumb game.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

89 posted:

Over it.

loving yessss

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

dxt posted:

He sure is! and I've been stuck starting either him or Charles Sims (or both when Freeman was concussed...) since Le'veon died.

Sorry about that, man. I managed to pick up our lord and savior Thomas Rawls when Bell died on me.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

LmaoTheKid posted:

loving yessss

Eddie Fatass almost caused me to lose to the Taco of my work league who played no TE and Julian Edelman against me. Almost missed the playoffs because of that. Somebody else can jump on that grenade.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZqo4OZ0Pqs

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!
What do you guys think about Pittsburgh D/ST for week 15/16 playoffs (vs DEN, @ BAL). I currently have NYJ and Buffalo. Thinking of dropping Bills for Steelers and rolling Jets this week (vs TEN), Jets (@ DAL) or Steelers week 15 (vs DEN) and Steelers week 16 (@ BAL).

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
So...do I start Demarco Murray or Eddie Lacy this week? My only other option would be starting both Charmander and Ware.

First round playoff loss, here I come!

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

LmaoTheKid posted:

loving yessss

I dropped him too. 1st pick overall. gently caress Eddie Lacy forever.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
All six of my leagues:

:feelsgood:

6/6 in the playoffs. My secret? Only play with goons when you can cheat.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Mikey Purp posted:

So...do I start Demarco Murray or Eddie Lacy this week? My only other option would be starting both Charmander and Ware.

First round playoff loss, here I come!

I'd just start West and Ware. There's supposed to be bad weather in KC on Sunday so just hope for 15 carries apiece and all rushing TDs

shitbutt cockfag
Dec 19, 2004
Is this internet, or am I only dreaming?
I'm in a DST wasteland this week. Should I really be looking at the 49ers? That suggestion is all over the place but I can't bring myself to buy it. I'm also looking at the Bucs against NO. Other options are the Eagles, Giants, Jags, etc.

Miko
May 20, 2001

Where I come from, there's no such thing as kryptonite.
Take a look at the Packers or KC this week if they're out there

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

shitbutt cockfag posted:

I'm in a DST wasteland this week. Should I really be looking at the 49ers? That suggestion is all over the place but I can't bring myself to buy it. I'm also looking at the Bucs against NO. Other options are the Eagles, Giants, Jags, etc.

If it were me I'd choose Tampa Bay out of those options over SF but it's a coin flip between the two.

Does anyone think Sanders is going to produce this week? He's disappointed me repeatedly this season. Have Moncrief as well and Indy is playing Jacksonville.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

It's me. I'm the guy starting Lacy this week.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

RCarr posted:

:hfive:

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
I'm firing him up too. Let's do this.

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

If a couple of us have dropped him, he'll probably have a monster game, so good luck.

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.
Not dropping him yet, but I am benching his fat rear end and starting Gore instead. Fingers crossed. gently caress Lacy.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.

Roto posted:

"His work was good today," McCarthy said. "(I) look for him to have a very good week of practice, and I look for him to be productive Sunday." McCarthy spoke at greater length about Lacy's mindset. "Everything Eddie wants to accomplish is right there in front of him. ... If Eddie or any other player wants to jump up and grab that opportunity, it's right in front of them." The comments are a clear indication Lacy will get a chance to reclaim No. 1 duties. The Pack desperately need Lacy to get going, as James Starks or UDFA John Crockett aren't the answer at running back. Lacy had his two best games of the year before last week's benching against the Lions. He's a high-upside RB2 for Sunday's game against the Cowboys.

So...:getin:?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Freezer posted:

Not dropping him yet, but I am benching his fat rear end and starting Gore instead. Fingers crossed. gently caress Lacy.

I mean, if there was someone on the waiver wire with more upside than him, I'd drop him without hesitation. But there isn't anywhere I own him, so that's that.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost

RCarr posted:

Link your league if its public... Someone can find you a better player to take a chance on for the week

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Aredna posted:

Link your league if its public... Someone can find you a better player to take a chance on for the week

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/548349

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Not public

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Shucks. Here's the top RB's available: (Non-ppr)
I also have Ryan Mathews on my bench.

Alfred Morris
Carlos Hyde
Ameer Abdullah
C.J. Spiller
Rashad Jennings
Tevin Coleman
Joique Bell
David Cobb
Tre Mason
Isaiah Crowell
Bishop Sankey
Andre Williams
Jonas Gray
Roy Helu Jr.
Chris Polk
Matt Jones
Knile Davis
Karlos Williams
Theo Riddick
Bilal Powell
Dexter McCluster
Chris Thompson
Jay Ajayi
Ka'Deem Carey
Mike Tolbert
Marcel Reece
Jonathan Grimes
Fred Jackson

Dirty brown water trash

Sumo
Jun 17, 2005

I climbed from 3rd to finish my league in first place... only to just now realize that this league doesn't have 1st round Playoff byes. -_-

So much for a week off.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

MalleusDei posted:

I dropped him too. 1st pick overall. gently caress Eddie Lacy forever.

same, same, I dropped Lacy for Marvin Jones

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I know its not the sit/start and this poo poo is a coin flip but im nervous as hell rolling with any of these guys at RB. If you could pick one to start which would you go with (Rawls is locked in my other spot)

non ppr

Gurley
Ivory
Draughn

Langford ???

Im seriously sadly leaning Draughn just because he seems to at least have an established floor thats higher than the more talented RBs there

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Gurley. I mean yeah it's been bad the last two weeks but Detroit's defense isn't Arizona's or Cincinnati's.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost

RCarr posted:

Alfred Morris
Carlos Hyde
Ameer Abdullah
C.J. Spiller
Rashad Jennings
Tevin Coleman
Joique Bell
David Cobb
Tre Mason
Isaiah Crowell
Bishop Sankey
Andre Williams
Jonas Gray
Roy Helu Jr.
Chris Polk
Matt Jones
Knile Davis
Karlos Williams
Theo Riddick
Bilal Powell
Dexter McCluster
Chris Thompson
Jay Ajayi
Ka'Deem Carey
Mike Tolbert
Marcel Reece
Jonathan Grimes
Fred Jackson

Dirty brown water trash

Standard scoring? Not that it matters much for RBs.

The thing is Lacy is at best 15 if you believe the current hype but could just as easily be 2 points next week. I can't check for now - but look at the floors of those players in your league over that 4-6 weeks and if they also played this weeks team this year check those points too. If you can get a 5-6pt floor I feel like I would rather have that over Lacy. He'll be good again some time - but you don't want to take a chance on him based on this year.

I've had him in my dynasty since he was a rookie, but I had to trade him away for Evans (cheaper to keep and a combo trade) to try and make the playoffs this year. Lots of players have off years (Cam last year) and this is Lacy's year. Just accept that it's his off year and take a shot on someone else.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

RCarr posted:

Alfred Morris
Carlos Hyde
Ameer Abdullah
C.J. Spiller
Rashad Jennings
Tevin Coleman
Joique Bell
David Cobb
Tre Mason
Isaiah Crowell
Bishop Sankey
Andre Williams
Jonas Gray
Roy Helu Jr.
Chris Polk
Matt Jones
Knile Davis
Karlos Williams
Theo Riddick
Bilal Powell
Dexter McCluster
Chris Thompson
Jay Ajayi
Ka'Deem Carey
Mike Tolbert
Marcel Reece
Jonathan Grimes
Fred Jackson

Dirty brown water trash

Sucks about it being no PPR. Both Riddick and Powell could be decent, but don't have any higher floor than Lacy without PPR. Abdullah maybe, though same thing about having a low low floor. I'd start Lacy in your shoes, fwiw.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yeah it's standard scoring. The next best option would almost certainly Mathews, who I own.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

RCarr posted:

Yeah it's standard scoring. The next best option would almost certainly Mathews, who I own.

Matthews might be good if he can get healthy. Is he supposed to play this week?

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Ingram is possibly out for the season with a serious shoulder injury: https://twitter.com/Rotoworld_FB/status/674659348799430656

I snagged Hightower in a few leagues speculatively since he picked up the traditional RB work when Ingram went down earlier this year, but Spiller is also someone you might look at, especially in PPR. Spiller has been pretty inconsistent all year, so YMMV.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Cervixalot posted:

Ingram is possibly out for the season with a serious shoulder injury: https://twitter.com/Rotoworld_FB/status/674659348799430656

I snagged Hightower in a few leagues speculatively since he picked up the traditional RB work when Ingram went down earlier this year, but Spiller is also someone you might look at, especially in PPR. Spiller has been pretty inconsistent all year, so YMMV.

I just read this and am about to loving lose it. I have Ingram/Gurley/Miller, who looked so good just a few weeks ago and are slowly falling apart. That, on top of a 3-game losing streak going into the playoffs has me panicking.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
just dropped lacy and vereen for spiller and hightower, get in

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Jimmy Clausen is possible to start for the Ravens for all you lucky Seahawks defense havers

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Dandy Kaiser posted:

just dropped lacy and vereen for spiller and hightower, get in

Enjoy a new report this evening: Ingram will play through it and have surgery in off season. Oops.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Hightower hasn't played in a game in 4 years. It's hard to believe he could be of any use, but given how little they use Spiller, who knows?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

coronaball posted:

Hightower hasn't played in a game in 4 years. It's hard to believe he could be of any use, but given how little they use Spiller, who knows?

I'm pretty sure the Saints have been using him the last few weeks, no?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Currently getting cussed out by the Ingram owner :laffo:

• Locked thread