Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uptown
May 16, 2009
All of my friends are in relationships that are not very fulfilling for them, and they complain to me about their partners. Fair enough, friends are here to listen. However, it makes me feel incredibly dickish when I talk to them about my boyfriend, with whom my biggest issue is "he loads the dishwasher wrong" or maybe "the hamper is right there why are there clothes on the floor?" whereas their complaints are things like "my boyfriend doesn't want to come to Christmas with my family because he doesn't like to make plans in advance" or "my girlfriend doesn't want to have sex anymore, ever."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big parcheesi player
Apr 1, 2014

Also, I can kill you with my brain.

uptown posted:

All of my friends are in relationships that are not very fulfilling for them, and they complain to me about their partners. Fair enough, friends are here to listen. However, it makes me feel incredibly dickish when I talk to them about my boyfriend, with whom my biggest issue is "he loads the dishwasher wrong" or maybe "the hamper is right there why are there clothes on the floor?" whereas their complaints are things like "my boyfriend doesn't want to come to Christmas with my family because he doesn't like to make plans in advance" or "my girlfriend doesn't want to have sex anymore, ever."

Sounds like your friends shouldn't be in relationships with them anymore?

FWP, in the past 6 months or so my wife's body has changes to not allowing her to eat oily foods that often. Something as little as bread dipped in olive oil can be enough by the end of the week. Last week she ate something something oily near every day of the week then we donated blood on Saturday. Now she is home sick from work. I want to be home "sick" playing video games and I don't want to have to change what I eat because she can't have it, nor do I want to have to cook 2 separate meals to accommodate both of us.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Gallstones maybe? Does she have any abdominal pain?

big parcheesi player
Apr 1, 2014

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Gallstones maybe? Does she have any abdominal pain?

She does have abdominal pain, though last time this happened she had an ultrasound and they didn't find anything. Prescribed her something for her stomach lining and a few days later she was fine. That was 5 or so months ago.

Todays FWP is a job I have that I am all done working on but isn't due till the 14th is being bid out to 5 different general contractors. My company isn't willing to do any of the exterior work to the building, only build the elevator shaft. So far there have been 7 addenda for exterior stuff with 1 question on addenda 2 pertaining to the elevator shaft. I get 5 copies of each addenda, so I've gotten 35 emails for these addenda and I only cared about 1 question in any of it.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
I ordered Christmas presents for my family on Amazon and because I have Prime they told me the guaranteed delivery date would be Friday 4th so I set the office as the delivery address. There was a delay in the shipping and Amazon don't deliver to businesses on non-business days so I had to wait until yesterday (Monday 7th) to get them.

It's three weeks until Christmas and I'm concerned other Prime orders I make might be delayed too but the whole reason I got Prime was to have guaranteed and speedy deliveries.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Today has been a relatively tame day in a horrible hot stretch, but right now that means my frozen (literally, not as in off-brand slushie) drink is melting slower and not as necessary to cool down. :(

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I live in a duplex divided into two floors, and my landlord has offered my SO and I the chance to move into the other unit for a nominal rent increase. In a lot of ways, it's a lot nicer than ours; the house was built in the 1860's as a single family, and that unit has a great layout and a lot of awesome period detail like built in china cabinets, stained glass details, and a frickin' fireplace. Our current place was redone when the building was converted into two units, and while it's a nice space, it just isn't as cool.

The problem is, every time we try to draw up a list of pros and cons we end up at zero. We wouldn't get as much natural sunlight, but we'd have backyard access and the landlord's blessing to dig a garden. We'd have an (ugh) electric stove, but a much nicer refrigerator than we do now. There's virtually no closet space, but there's more living space. Moving sucks, even if it's only downstairs, but it would give us the opportunity to get rid of/donate stuff and actually get organized. We'd have to repaint (I am not living with mauve walls), but the landlord has offered to pay for any supplies. We wouldn't have a deck for the cats to hang out on anymore, but with proper precautions we could actually let them in the backyard.

I'm just completely on the fence, but have to make a decision soon, and it suuucckkks :saddowns:

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Crow Jane, I'm not trying to be an rear end in a top hat or anything, but what's wrong with an electric stove? Granted, I've never used anything other than an electric stove, but I'm not sure how that's a con for moving to another place.

Is it a FWP that I don't know why a gas stove is better to an electric stove?

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Leavemywife posted:

Crow Jane, I'm not trying to be an rear end in a top hat or anything, but what's wrong with an electric stove? Granted, I've never used anything other than an electric stove, but I'm not sure how that's a con for moving to another place.

I just prefer gas. Electric never seems to get quite hot enough, especially for stir-fries and the like, which we eat a lot of. Plus the stove that's down there is about half the size of our current one.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

Crow Jane posted:

I just prefer gas. Electric never seems to get quite hot enough, especially for stir-fries and the like, which we eat a lot of. Plus the stove that's down there is about half the size of our current one.

Plus you have to wait for it to heat up while fire is already hot.

uptown
May 16, 2009

drgnwr1 posted:

Sounds like your friends shouldn't be in relationships with them anymore?

Yes, I agree. There's only so different ways I can diplomatically state the facts before they choose their lovely partners over their friends, though. Girl who is dating "I don't want to come to Christmas" guy didn't dump him when he was "I can't come to your grandma's funeral because I have tickets to a rave that weekend" guy, she knows how I feel about him.

FWP for today is that I ordered Indian food for dinner yesterday and whiles I do have enough for lunch today, I think they reduced portion sizes so I don't have enough for lunch AND dinner.

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
I took a fish oil pill and I'm burping. Ugh.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

The story in a video game made me sad, and while I want to play more of it, I don't know if I can handle it. I might have to take a break from one of my favourite games because it is too good.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Leavemywife posted:

Gas ovens/stoves are incredibly better at even heat distribution.

Hummingbirds
Feb 17, 2011

Fell off my longboard in front of some people and was embarrassed. And now I feel like I've been hit by a car. Luckily I was wearing pants and a jacket so I didn't get any road rash, save my hands, but I'm gonna have a crazy bruise on my rear end/back tomorrow.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
The light/ceiling fan in a room I barely go into broke and now I gotta fix it.

I can get a light, but that's gonna leave the room pretty warm when I'm in there, or I can get a fan, but that's gonna be harder to put up.

AAAUUGGGHHHH LIFE IS PAIN.

Also, some jackass ruined a big moment for last nights Supergirl before I watched it and then pulled the dick move of "Whatever, spoilers are dumb" when confronted with his dickdom. INTERNET MADNESS!!!!

This also means I'm gonna have to go see the new Star Wars film like way earlier than I was planning so I can avoid people spoiling poo poo for me. drat YOU OTHER PEOPLE!!!! :argh:

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

I just started a great new job, my first "real" out of college job. Pay and benefits are outstanding, but the training is four weeks long and it makes the 8 hour days drag, however I suppose I can't just walk in and start coding either.

JustAurora
Apr 17, 2007

Nature vs. Nurture, man!
As a class reward, my students are being taken to see the new Star Wars the day it comes out. My husband will also want to see the movie. I will have to see the new Star Wars twice, and I don't particularly want to see it once.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

The light/ceiling fan in a room I barely go into broke and now I gotta fix it.

I can get a light, but that's gonna leave the room pretty warm when I'm in there, or I can get a fan, but that's gonna be harder to put up.

AAAUUGGGHHHH LIFE IS PAIN.

Also, some jackass ruined a big moment for last nights Supergirl before I watched it and then pulled the dick move of "Whatever, spoilers are dumb" when confronted with his dickdom. INTERNET MADNESS!!!!

This also means I'm gonna have to go see the new Star Wars film like way earlier than I was planning so I can avoid people spoiling poo poo for me. drat YOU OTHER PEOPLE!!!! :argh:

The script leaked or something so not even that might save you.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Google Maps is a huge pain in the arse to use now. It used to be much more straight-forward and easy to make it do what I wanted. I can't even figure out how to get some things to work that I used to be able to do, like showing the map side-by-side with street view.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Every single Markiplier video is preceded by minute long adverts for Ant Man. I just want to watch a goofy man make silly faces. :saddowns:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

poptart_fairy posted:

Every single Markiplier video is preceded by minute long adverts for Ant Man. I just want to watch a goofy man make silly faces. :saddowns:

uBlock has always blocked those for me. Maybe try that?

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
The Brazilian Steakhouse near me closed (a year ago, I'm bad at keeping up with these kinds of things) so now I have to take my friends to another one but it's $10 more a plate and I offered to pay, which isn't the problem so much as it being more awkward that I'm doing so as-if I was flaunting my money when I want to try to appear modest despite taking them to some place to eat that has a f'ing dress code.

This one also doesn't have grilled pineapple, boo!

I still can't find the giant googly eyes I had somewhere to put on top of the Roomba.

anotherblownsave posted:

I just started a great new job, my first "real" out of college job. Pay and benefits are outstanding, but the training is four weeks long and it makes the 8 hour days drag, however I suppose I can't just walk in and start coding either.

I hadn't even used the language I use at work now when I applied, I learned it over a weekend on my own, passed the tests, and got to work, no training. I should probably note that they knew about all that, hence the test, and the language was C# with me already have C/C++ under my belt among like half a dozen others so it's not like it was rocket science.

Brightman has a new favorite as of 16:30 on Dec 9, 2015

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
This is a FWP like 3 years in the making, but God drat it, Office 2013, why did you change the colors of icons?!

Outlook was yellow for how many God-damned years, and now it's almost the exact same shade of blue as Lync, both of which are really close to Word.

Oh, and I use Visio, too, and guess what color that is?

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008
Echoing that life = pain.

My new job in a small office still has not given me health insurance, and is likely to not contribute $$ so I will have to pay it all myself. Because the boss + wife are on Medicare, so they don't care about the two employees who NEED insurance.

The spare room in my rental house is unfinished and the landlady's mom is coming to install carpet tomorrow. I will probably have to help/end up doing all the work.

I have to study for my second attempt at the bar exam, so I can be a licensed attorney. Hooray for studying 5-8 hours per day! for the next 3 months!

I am almost out of contacts, but I cannot get a refill since my prescription has expired, and I haven't gone to the eye doctor for a new one, because see above, no insurance.

My paychecks are always a day or more late since the boss's wife panics about not having enough money to pay us.

I am JUST getting unpacked and moved into a new town, so quitting my job and going elsewhere isn't appealing at least until spring.

But at least my bills are paid up (for now) and I have food in the cupboard :unsmith:

burnsep
Jul 3, 2005
My new office is so big it echoes when I keep the door closed. Gonna have to decorate it and have Facilities get me some tasteful furnishings.

uptown
May 16, 2009
When I order packages that require duties paid or a signature, I order them to my parents' house because someone is usually home there, and I work full-time M-F. Now there's a package at my parents' house waiting for me and I can't open it til Friday a bloo bloo bloo

Bill Dungsroman
Nov 24, 2006

Thin Privilege posted:

I. loving. Hate. These new chip card readers. I was just at trader joes and pulled the card out in the middle of the transaction and the whole loving machine crashed for like 5 minutes and I was holding up the line because of this loving card poo poo.

At the TJ's by my place the clerks pretty much beg you to let them put your card in the read for you, and take it out. I guess that's why!

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Bill Dungsroman posted:

At the TJ's by my place the clerks pretty much beg you to let them put your card in the read for you, and take it out. I guess that's why!

Few days ago when I went to TJs, I didn't even get to insert the card yet and the thing crashed anyways after the guy hit "total" or whatever on the POS :psyduck: their card readers look different from any other stores so I guess they just have really lovely ones.

Another problem: I got really nice new pillowcases but they're so soft and comfy I don't want to get out of bed.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
My mom and I foster kittens through an animal rescue group that is based of volunteers. Lately some grants came in so now there is a single paid employee. She has no other job, just this.

A new policy came out today: if you need to get your kitten or puppy fixed, you can take it to 1 of 3 locations. The first 2 are open Tuesday through Friday, 7am to 5pm. The third is open Monday through Friday, 7am to 3pm.

So if you work a normal loving job, you're hosed.

When I explained this to the idiot who came up with the schedule, her reply was "just do what others do, call and see if anyone is taking their animals in that day and if you can piggyback on." Yes, that works when many fosters work the same schedule most people do and they live anywhere from 10 to 50 miles away!

Of course you need to have an appt set up almost three weeks in advance. And if you don't get there on time, you lose your appt slot and have to start over. Oh, and 2 of the locations won't take animals with ringworm, the third one does. No, there is not a set drop point for fosters to bring their animals to, so the single paid employee can loving deliver them to the vet.

So I got to pull the "look, I can't take time off work for this poo poo, this is not at all feasible for anyone that works a normal loving job, so we can't foster anymore if this policy is set in stone."

I fully expect to be told "it's set in stone." Then I'll take all their loving volunteer shirts and torch them, sell all our foster condos, and be loving done with this poo poo.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

My bookmarks dropped from 3 pages to 2 and while it's possible something got archived I'm worried I've accidentally unbookmarked stuff. :ohdear:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Ever since some recent Chrome update the search field no longer carries over from page to page; the last word is saved, but you can't just hit the arrows to re-search, you have to manually re-type it each time.

Makes things tedious when you're searching through pages for ie names and there's no functionality for it (like say trying to find all leper's colony entries from a particular mod).

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

i applied for a new job at my company for more money and better titles but if i get it i cant work from home everyday anymore :(

it's been 9 months since ive been in an office

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Enourmo posted:

Ever since some recent Chrome update the search field no longer carries over from page to page; the last word is saved, but you can't just hit the arrows to re-search, you have to manually re-type it each time.

Makes things tedious when you're searching through pages for ie names and there's no functionality for it (like say trying to find all leper's colony entries from a particular mod).

God yeah, this is annoying.

There will be large threads (like the PS4 thread in Games) that I might go weeks without reading because I might only be interested in certain topics, so I'll go back into it and Ctrl+F to see if anyone is talking about it, and since the last update it's been so frustrating because when going to a new page I can't just click on the find next arrow, I have to click in the box and type something. Usually I just hit space and then backspace.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
It's less than two weeks to Christmas and I still haven't bought all presents aaaaaaa :derp:

Smam
Jul 31, 2003
I don't know if we will get a Christmas bonus this year and I really wanted one so I could afford a nice cover for the couch. Now with the presents bought and still needing to buy all the stuff to make cookies and send cards, not sure if I can justify the extra expense so I may need to settle for a more boring color or just put it off a while longer. Boooo I'm tired of my couch looking like crap :(

big parcheesi player
Apr 1, 2014

Started at a new job in June and there are very few people who are regularly in the office (6 people). The majority of the people who work for the company are on difference job sites. There has been no talk of a Christmas/Holiday party, everyone in the office going out to lunch one day, or even holiday bonus's. I have no idea what will happen in the next 2 weeks at my work.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

It's my last day of vacation and I feel really hungover or something even though I wasn't drinking.
I'm well-fed, hydrated and everything but...

It's probably the stress of going back to my soul-crushing job.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Inzombiac posted:

It's my last day of vacation and I feel really hungover or something even though I wasn't drinking.
I'm well-fed, hydrated and everything but...

It's probably the stress of going back to my soul-crushing job.

That happens to me sometimes, I tend to blame it on the weather. Humidity fucks me up.

On that note, it's sixty five degrees in mid-December in the mid-Atlantic, and it feels wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Not sure if this belongs better here or in pet peeves thread, but my phone has a power button across from volume up and the case on it takes a bit of effort to present power, so I always accidentally turn up the volume at the same time. What was wrong with power buttons on top?