Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

theflyingexecutive posted:

the great pumpkin spice famine of 08

good grief

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Jun 8, 2021

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_bulldog_mascots

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

disappointed they have a fictional section that doesn't include the most obvious candidate, nickelodeon's interracial cuckold propaganda show "Bella and the Bulldogs"

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

disappointed they have a fictional section that doesn't include the most obvious candidate, nickelodeon's interracial cuckold propaganda show "Bella and the Bulldogs"

ty for this link you made my day

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

no octodad? the gently caress is this low effort bull poo poo

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

A Pinball Wizard posted:

ty for this link you made my day

:tipshat:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
Stand Alone Complex (スタンド・アローン・コンプレックス Sutando Arōn Konpurekkusu?)

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
This is not unlike the concepts of memes (refer to the conversation between the major and the Puppet Master in the manga) and second-order simulacra. It also has ties to social theory, as illustrated in the work of Frederic Jameson and Masachi Osawa. The Slender Man phenomenon, in which the fictitious concept of a supernatural murderer went viral and has allegedly inspired real attacks, may be seen as an example of the Stand Alone Complex.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
having grad school ptsd now

thx

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artist%27s_Shit

quote:

Artist's poo poo (Italian: Merda d'artista) is a 1961 artwork by the Italian artist Piero Manzoni. The work consists of 90 tin cans, each filled with 30 grams (1.1 oz) of faeces, and measuring 4.8 by 6.5 centimetres (1.9 in × 2.6 in), with a label in Italian, English, French, and German stating:

Artist's poo poo
Contents 30 gr net
Freshly preserved
Produced and tinned
in May 1961

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
and to think that as much as i try, my posts will never become art :(

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
The"Shibapan"(十八盘)means 18 levels stairs,which is the most advantageous part of stairs in Mount Tai. A total of 1827 stone steps, is one of the main signs Mount Tai. People always say:"Mount Tai of the majestic, all in Shibapan, Mount Tai of the sublime, all in the climb in!" Shibapan has three parts, the"Slow Eighteens"(紧十八), the "Hard Eighteens"(慢十八), and the " No slow no hard Eighteens"(不紧不慢又十八). The "Slow Eighteens" means this period is easier to climb, and the"Hard Eighteens" means it is harder to climb, which is interesting.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
A Mofference was a secret conference held by the Imperial Central Committee of Grand Moffs in the secluded Mofference room of their Moffship.

fan wikis, etc...

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

Improbable Lobster posted:

This is not unlike the concepts of memes (refer to the conversation between the major and the Puppet Master in the manga) and second-order simulacra. It also has ties to social theory, as illustrated in the work of Frederic Jameson and Masachi Osawa. The Slender Man phenomenon, in which the fictitious concept of a supernatural murderer went viral and has allegedly inspired real attacks, may be seen as an example of the Stand Alone Complex.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophy_of_Ghost_in_the_Shell

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
In August 2015, DJ Bobby B sent shockwaves throughout the Kottonmouth Kingdom when he announced on Instagram that he and the band have parted ways after working together for 19 years.[citation needed]

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

prefect posted:

A Mofference was a secret conference held by the Imperial Central Committee of Grand Moffs in the secluded Mofference room of their Moffship.

fan wikis, etc...

i'm a moff

just moffin around

moff moff moff moff moff moff moff moff moff moff moff moff moff moff moff moff moff moff

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
listen to me. I have a hit song about a moff, and yes, I'm married

Tommah
Mar 29, 2003

The can, itself states: "... We had the folks at Monster make us one that didn't suck." It comes in a can that is decorated with a mural design in an attempt to appeal to extreme sports enthusiasts. This mural, itself bears a reference to Monster Energy, in the form of their 'M' logo worn as a tattoo on the ankle of the island girl pictured on the front of the red, 'Lost Energy' can.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_Energy

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
He also often shows superhuman strength and endurance, being thrown through solid walls and floors before standing right back up with no apparent injuries. The GBE is so powerful that he is flung backwards by its sheer power, often into walls and the ground, but he always gets up. Even in its lowest power, his arm jerks up and back from the force of it. During the encounter with the giant Safeguard outside Toha Heavy Industries, he fires at the Safeguard with the GBE at Level 4 Extra power level. The recoil from the GBE is so powerful that he is thrown back a considerable distance, his right arm badly broken and exposing bone and tissue.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Apart from the text, the artwork is in original Japanese format, and in Japan, they read right to left. Also, in volume 4 their names are clearly distinguished by their dialogues.)

Safety Biscuits
Oct 21, 2010

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terminus_Est

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Terminus_Est

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

that was a good book but, dang nerds ruin everything :/

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

got this by clicking random article

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_Size_Dick

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

holy poo poo

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

whilst also working for them as their truck driver

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

which means fat, or "large" (the latter being a more politically correct or less offensive version - but only in translation)

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

links to

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colognian_language

which says

quote:

In the Ripuarian dialects, “kölsch” is an adjective meaning “from Cologne” or “pertaining to Cologne”, thus equivalent to “Colognian”. Its nominalized forms (ene Kölsche, de Kölsche etc.) denote the inhabitants of Cologne. The word “Kölsch”, without an article, refers to either the dialect or the local Kölsch beer. Hence, a humorous Colognian saying is: “Ours is the only language you can drink!”

not worthless

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

fwiw kolsch is also very nice beer, can not recommend enough - i liked it as someone who dislikes beers by large

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Soricidus posted:

holy poo poo

idgi

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

:911:

:911:

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
Geographic distribution of keyboards in Europe

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

lol, whoever that is is both funny and good https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Hayes_Davenport&diff=prev&oldid=682293647

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Luuuke_Skywalker

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
not to be confused with luke skywalker or luuke skywalker

also starwars wikia has an entry for your mom

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I love this so much

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

quote:

The band featured in the film's cantina scene is performing jizz.[2]

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

In 1218, Genghis Khan sent a trade mission to the state, but at the town of Otrar the governor, suspecting the Khan's ambassadors to be spies, confiscated their goods and executed them. Genghis Khan demanded reparations, which the Shah refused to pay. Genghis retaliated with a force of 200,000 men, launching a multi-pronged invasion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

laserghost posted:

In 1218, Genghis Khan sent a trade mission to the state, but at the town of Otrar the governor, suspecting the Khan's ambassadors to be spies, confiscated their goods and executed them. Genghis Khan demanded reparations, which the Shah refused to pay. Genghis retaliated with a force of 200,000 men, launching a multi-pronged invasion.

two hundred thousand prongs, to be precise