Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

he truly requires practice. when you finally have him down to a science and know what moves hes gonna use and how to get around them, its some good rear end gamer feels.

the last souls boss that made me feel that way was the false king

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm considering starting a new run while taking breaks to throw myself at ludwig. i haven't really tried since a 3 or 4 attempts over the weekend. i might do another STR / ARC build, but this time dip into the DLC to get one of the new weapons early

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
also, without spoiling too much, the DLC changes 1 or 2 things in the base game, right?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

it introduces NPCs that you can summon for help throughout the world, and they use the new weapons. theres also a new faction you can join that rewards co-oping bosses

you get this stuff for free too, no dlc needed. what youre actually buying is the new area and bosses+gear

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hands shaking...heart pounding...this ! Is ! gaming!!!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I beat him btw. I knocked off like 60% of his health with a series of straight flawless parties and was starting to lose my mind a little early but I had to keep it under control until the W.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Seems like the only wep I missed was rakuyo, and this may actually be as hard as kos.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

I finally killed ludwig, I like that his first form is super scary and beastly as poo poo and then he turns into a goofy horse englishman that goes down like a punk (at least compared to the first phase)

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

Seems like the only wep I missed was rakuyo, and this may actually be as hard as kos.

it's harder. someone told me i could backstab them and i thought "oh neat it'll be so much easier" try getting behind them tho lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

it's harder. someone told me i could backstab them and i thought "oh neat it'll be so much easier" try getting behind them tho lmao

I got the one to half health and then hit him with an old shaman bone :grin:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

evil eagle i follow you on youtube and youre a beast lmao

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

In Training posted:

Hands shaking...heart pounding...this ! Is ! gaming!!!

the feeling you get from killing a boss by the skin of your teeth for the first time is a technique that fromsoft has perfected. the dizzying highs, the depressing lows, this is gaming at its finest

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I.N.R.I posted:

it gets challenging after the shadows .. the shadows themselves can be pretty hard too cos you dont do much visceral damage.

I'm proud of this shadow battle then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QvD4-nhtl0

had an epic rom fight as well, skip to the final phase if you must but definitely check out how it ends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fgd7JxLyOpQ

Bobnumerotres posted:

evil eagle i follow you on youtube and youre a beast lmao

cool, I'll probably upload the rest of the bosses in this run. I plan to take this guy to OoK.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i finally loving beat ludwig, lol. actually my first try after not playing for 5 days.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

i finally loving beat ludwig, lol. actually my first try after not playing for 5 days.

This happens a lot as well. Need some clear headspace

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
living failures were sort of cool, even if they were super easy. maria seems challenging. her phase 1 is no prob but phase 2 is nasty. i can dodge no problem, but have a hard time reconnecting to make damage. sort of like gehrman's attack set.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

i realized my sl10 character can wield the regular whip and the beast cutter, and now im thinking hard about just doing all whips all the time

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

living failures were sort of cool, even if they were super easy. maria seems challenging. her phase 1 is no prob but phase 2 is nasty. i can dodge no problem, but have a hard time reconnecting to make damage. sort of like gehrman's attack set.

I died more on living failures than Maria because it took me like 4 deaths to figure out how to dodge the failures super attack

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i just never stopped rolling and it seemed to work, lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

i just never stopped rolling and it seemed to work, lol

You can also hide behind the tree

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

You can also use the weeny magic blocking shield from the research hall.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i feel like i might have missed a bit of that area, since i never found that. i also never unlocked the cells after luddy.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

A couple new areas open up when the stairs shift

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I love that place btw, i think it's like the ideal Dukes Archives because you get to poke around behind all the bookcases

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

I just wish it was 10 stories taller and somehow surfaced to that out of place floor hatch in Byrgenwerth

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i hope there's another dlc in the game's lifespan. this one is epic.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

I just wish it was 10 stories taller and somehow surfaced to that out of place floor hatch in Byrgenwerth

Ooo that would be nice

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

i hope there's another dlc in the game's lifespan. this one is epic.

I think this is the last we will see of bloodborne, possibly forever.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

yeah theyve said there's no further plans, and with dark souls 3 coming out in april im p sure it won't be supported anymore

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

In Training posted:

its always the good ones that dont get a sequel

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I killed Laurence!! gently caress that guy on ng++

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

maria is a hard as balls fight. I can get her down to about half health but her blood attacks just destroy me, even trying to stay close up

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

its really hard. -___- but the rakuyo is really really good.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
btw, the beasthunter saif might seem like a boring weapon, but its really good. the transformed r1 is a cool lunge with big reach

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

First boss of this game is actually hard...almost killed him first time but now I can't get him down to half Ps don't tell me how to kill him.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

First boss of this game is actually hard...almost killed him first time but now I can't get him down to half Ps don't tell me how to kill him.

try throwing a pebble at it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Suck his dick!!

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Knuc U Kinte posted:

i'll say one thing, keep the camera locked on to his body rather than his head so the camera doesnt gently caress up as much

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

try throwing a pebble at it.

Quite thrilling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

disappointed this game never got the pvp arena like the original dark souls dlc. Ten hunters fighting would be insane