Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

CCKeane posted:

Well I don't want to march slowly to the grave losing my youth to nothing each passing day but you know what we all gotta deal.

Silly Keane, skipping out on the neuro-uploading.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CCKeane posted:

Well I don't want to march slowly to the grave losing my youth to nothing each passing day but you know what we all gotta deal.

drat.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Silly Meinberg, thinking that's a solution to the mind-body problem.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

EccoRaven posted:

Silly Meinberg, thinking that's a solution to the mind-body problem.

What if I was actually a super advanced AI that got bored one day and acquired a Something Awful account?

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

I got and appreciated my Christmas card, Asiina.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
tim and eric's bedtime stories is something else

holy moly

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

quote:

Students at the private college in Annville have demanded administrators remove or modify Dr. Clyde A. Lynch's last name, as it appears on a campus hall, due to the associated racial connotations.

The demand was made at a forum on campus equality issues held Friday, capping a week of demonstrations calling for changes at the predominantly white institution.
http://www.pennlive.com/news/2015/12/naming_of_lebanon_valley_colle.html

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

yeah i agree david lynch is overrated
im glad we finally adressed it

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Today is my first time interviewing someone :toot:

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
I may be needing some replacements so let me know if you're interested tia

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
kill the old people punt

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
https://www.dubtrack.fm/join/sa-wifom-omgus

I'm going to sit in here and listen to videogame music until someone shows up

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I've had numerous great ideas for my santee and I've accomplished zero of them. Will do something today.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

merk posted:

I've had numerous great ideas for my santee and I've accomplished zero of them. Will do something today.

Secret Santa gift has been ordered. I included something special for you once I saw that the arrival date was Dec. 21-29 (hint: you're not in the United States).

Judging by your post history, you will enjoy what you're getting... unless you've read this before.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
You will enjoy it.

It is not optional.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Kashuno posted:

You will enjoy it.

It is not optional.

"Charming, charming," murmured the Director

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

https://www.dubtrack.fm/join/sa-wifom-omgus

I'm going to sit in here and listen to videogame music until someone shows up

Someone Awful! and I are listening to videogames come join us

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
I definitely need at least one replacement please do the needful folks.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Puntification posted:

I definitely need at least one replacement please do the needful folks.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Dear mafia thread, I am just in the weeds with school these days. I keep falling behind on everything and it feels like I'm never, ever going to catch up. My current schedule seems to be do one assignment for a few days, get a notice that this other assignment needs to be done ASAP and can you already have it done okay great thanks, finish the thing I was working on and start the new thing just in time to get a new notice that something else really needs to already be done.

It's not even about catching up at this point, it's just about not being late anymore.

I'm so tired.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I'm sorry that you're so stressed and that CS:GO was being dumb last night.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Now I get to go to a party that I really don't want to go to since I've had 8 hours of sleep over the last 70ish hours, but the entire reason I'm still in town and not up in Ottawa spending time with my family is because I stayed the extra week to go to this thing.

I have to leave in about 45 minutes and not 10 minutes ago I just finished and emailed off a paper that was due last Friday that was really due 2 weeks ago that was REALLY due last spring.

I want to nap, but I think I have to run to the store to buy my cats catfood, because they have no food at all since I've had no time to go to the store. I gave them tuna and they didn't eat it. They apparently want cat food over tuna, what the gently caress cats. I would have eaten that goddamn tuna you ungrateful jerkasses.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Ixtlilton posted:

I'm sorry that you're so stressed and that CS:GO was being dumb last night.

Yeah sorry for raging out. I had been working for like 18 hours straight so when I got the message to play I was all yeah sure, I can take an hour or so, I really, really need it I'm so stressed right now.

Then nothing worked and I couldn't play and only had more work to look forward to, and I kinda snapped.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Luckily the place that's only 10 minutes away had the cat food that my cats like so I didn't have to go to the place 30 minutes away.

Not only do they only like one brand, they only like 2 of the flavours provided by one brand.

gently caress you cats!

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Asiina posted:

Luckily the place that's only 10 minutes away had the cat food that my cats like so I didn't have to go to the place 30 minutes away.

Not only do they only like one brand, they only like 2 of the flavours provided by one brand.

gently caress you cats!

Our cat is the same way. She loves her dry food so that's good at least, but she isn't fond of wet food and even then it's only tuna and even then only some of the tuna. We try to vary it at times out of fear of over feeding her the same thing but no such luck. She's picky without being picky. Cats are stupid.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Asiina posted:

gently caress you cats!

agreed dogs are better glad you see the light.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Ecco with the wrong opinions. Cats are assholes but they're still p. cool and good.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I'm definitely a cat person but ecco isn't wrong. Dogs are actually nice and loving. Cats are cool but they aren't good. They're a very pleasant physical reminder for all self-loathing we keep inside for ourselves.

Objectively dogs are better, but subjectively cats are the constant penance for that O.S.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

EccoRaven posted:

agreed dogs are better glad you see the light.

Yes. Dogs are better because they are not picky eaters, they will eat anything. Like my dog who yesterday ate a dead frog and then chewed on a rusty bolt for a while before throwing up on my very expensive rug.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I'm definitely a cat person but ecco isn't wrong. Dogs are actually nice and loving. Cats are cool but they aren't good. They're a very pleasant physical reminder for all self-loathing we keep inside for ourselves.

Objectively dogs are better, but subjectively cats are the constant penance for that O.S.

I'm glad you agree. Cats suck, honestly.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

There's probably a correlation between people who love dogs/hate cats and people who crave utter dependence from their S.O.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Assna your cats are v smart, everybody knows tuna is inedible like everything that comes from the sea.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

busb posted:

Assna your cats are v smart, everybody knows tuna is inedible like everything that comes from the sea.

what the gently caress!!??!??!?

prawns are delicious!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Tremendous Taste posted:

There's probably a correlation between people who love dogs/hate cats and people who crave utter dependence from their S.O.

it's an ROI thing for me

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Tremendous Taste posted:

I wouldn't be surprised.

busb posted:

You take that back. I will eat the ocean itself.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I am wearing high heels for the first time in a really longass time, and I am less than 10 minutes out my door and deeply regretting my decision to dress up for this thing.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
You can have the ocean, I will get all the actual food. Win win!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

My cat is awesome. She eats anything, she lets me give her attention when I want to, and she never needs to be walked.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Diqnol show me a pic of your cat!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Wanna pet Diqnol's catte.