Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

Mr. Cheeng's spectacles, which toss out all kinds of random potions, even some really rare and useful ones.

That exact text appears on its wiki page too. Kolwiki's search function is so rubbish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Hahaha, holy poo poo, first day of a new run and whoops, ultra-rare.

ahorriblesn
Sep 23, 2003
I’ll kick you in the throat!
Grats!!

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

Is the new IOTM zone decent enough to plop down a Mr A for, or should I save it and hope something better comes next month?

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's a source for the new hot OP drink, with the perfect ice. That's about all I know in my non-optimal ways.

distactedOne
Oct 29, 2012
While this is true, the skillbook that lets you summon 1 perfect ice each day is tradable, so you don't need the charter... on the other hand, 1/day isn't a lot, and the zone where you can find the book also contains an enemy that drops perfect ice directly.

Well, I got it because I'm a completionist nerd. Can't have just 4 of the 5, oh no.

Benly
Aug 2, 2011

20% of the time, it works every time.
It also has a drop that provides the other zones' currencies, albeit not very much of them.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
What I'm debating is whether I should keep or sell the haunted doghouse. I could buy the food it drops, and the other stuff -- the extra stone wools and whatever -- only appeal to someone who cares about fast runs, which I don't.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
What does our beloved Saint, Sputnik of the Inglorious Meatpile, care about? What drives such a man?

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
Oh you know just a relaxed bro looking for other bros. Keep it cazh'.

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

Saint Sputnik posted:

What I'm debating is whether I should keep or sell the haunted doghouse. I could buy the food it drops, and the other stuff -- the extra stone wools and whatever -- only appeal to someone who cares about fast runs, which I don't.

The doghouse is really nice quality of life for casual ascenders too. The +50% stats buff can be kept up permanently, and will go a long way to replacing the stats from smithsness if you're doing standard ascensions.

Residual Toast
Nov 19, 2007
The Toast with the Most

hit button posted:

The doghouse is really nice quality of life for casual ascenders too. The +50% stats buff can be kept up permanently, and will go a long way to replacing the stats from smithsness if you're doing standard ascensions.

It also gives you free charter currency. Is a lot like the love bugs in that it just passively makes the game easier. Oh also it has another banish source which is nice

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
I just picked this game back up after a few years and I'm slowly getting my head around all the changes. One thing I'm not sure about is the charters; I was considering picking up the current one before the end of the month but I'm having trouble figuring out how useful it actually is. I'm planning on doing only hardcore ascensions, anyone have any experience with it?

Nothing I own right now is standard legal, I was planning on picking up a Mantegna room key and a Deck of Every Card with meat. If I'm still having fun after the holidays I'll probably pick up the new familiars.

misguided rage fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Nov 28, 2015

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

The current charter doesn't seem an especially ascension relevant one, though it's always possible that future challenge paths might shake that up. It's definitely handy having at least one charter zone to give you simple unlimited access to a scaling powerlevelling zone. VYKEA seems ok for that - though not as good as the stench or spooky charter equivalents. It's possible you could get some mileage out of the 25% statgain buff from the Ice Hotel too, and low skill/iotm accounts could find the Ice Hotel booze good for turngen.

ahorriblesn
Sep 23, 2003
Who's excited that he bought three additional Glaciest charters to sell at a later date? This guy.

Although I'm sure Jick is pretty pumped at the extra 30.00 bucks.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

You wanna slide one of those this way, pardner?

ahorriblesn
Sep 23, 2003

SaviourX posted:

You wanna slide one of those this way, pardner?

Did you neglect to get one?

ahorriblesn
Sep 23, 2003
What's the deal with Dreadsylvania? Did people get their skills?

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

ahorriblesn posted:

What's the deal with Dreadsylvania? Did people get their skills?

I didn't. I'm still waiting for a chance to go in and claim Song of Starch and/or Sauce. :geno:

ahorriblesn
Sep 23, 2003

ZZT the Fifth posted:

I didn't. I'm still waiting for a chance to go in and claim Song of Starch and/or Sauce. :geno:

Hrrm. Well there are a finite number of them per dungeon. Well, I am going to finish out the zone and kill the bosses after rollover tonight. If this is a thing you do not want happening, speak now or forever hold your peace.

Hey Zzt, if you are looking solely for the skills be on the lookout for Lady Madonna (#1545669) in trade chat around rollover. I picked up a few skills from her clan for free. I think they basically have no idea what to do with their skull capacitors at this point so they just give skills away.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That's useful info. I was holding off on Dread since I needed to get another pencil for the lab.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Is there any special logic on how often the Foodie Giant noncombat shows up in the Castle Ground Floor? The one with the electric boning knife? Because that poo poo takes too long to come up.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

IMJack posted:

Is there any special logic on how often the Foodie Giant noncombat shows up in the Castle Ground Floor? The one with the electric boning knife? Because that poo poo takes too long to come up.

The rate significantly increases once you reach the point in the tower where you need it

ahorriblesn
Sep 23, 2003
Ok, so Dread is cleared but I am waiting on a dev for a bug I submitted before I kill the bosses.

I learned the recipe for "Moon-Amber Necklace" I even have one in my inventory and they are untradable so the only means of getting one is that it has to be crafted. So I have crafted one at some point. Mafia logs confirmed that I learned the recipe and yet the game will not let me make one. Turned off mafia and greasemonkey and it's still a no go so I'm not killing anything until I can get that turned back on.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

ahorriblesn posted:

Ok, so Dread is cleared but I am waiting on a dev for a bug I submitted before I kill the bosses.

I learned the recipe for "Moon-Amber Necklace" I even have one in my inventory and they are untradable so the only means of getting one is that it has to be crafted. So I have crafted one at some point. Mafia logs confirmed that I learned the recipe and yet the game will not let me make one. Turned off mafia and greasemonkey and it's still a no go so I'm not killing anything until I can get that turned back on.

Probably not going to be a bug fyi.

It used to be a jewelrycrafting recipe, but they reset recipe knowledge when they got rid of jewelrycrafting and made all the items meat-pastables.

The recipe itself has to be taught to you in the Castle library, you can't just make it.

ahorriblesn
Sep 23, 2003

ayn rand hand job posted:

Probably not going to be a bug fyi.

It used to be a jewelrycrafting recipe, but they reset recipe knowledge when they got rid of jewelrycrafting and made all the items meat-pastables.

The recipe itself has to be taught to you in the Castle library, you can't just make it.

So even though I previously spent the adventure to learn the recipe, the fact that I now need to relearn it is not a bug. That would be truly lame. I can understand the whatever jewelycrafting but the moon-amber necklace recipe is actually kind of a pain in the rear end.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

ahorriblesn posted:

So even though I previously spent the adventure to learn the recipe, the fact that I now need to relearn it is not a bug. That would be truly lame. I can understand the whatever jewelycrafting but the moon-amber necklace recipe is actually kind of a pain in the rear end.

I was in the exact boat a while ago in this particular issue, and that's what I was told.

Not sure if I saved the kmails though.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

ahorriblesn posted:

Did you neglect to get one?

Oh yup. Need that and Volcano, but if you've got a price, I'm Infernau in-game.

ahorriblesn
Sep 23, 2003

SaviourX posted:

Oh yup. Need that and Volcano, but if you've got a price, I'm Infernau in-game.

Don't have an extra volcano but I'll trade a glacier charter for 1 Mr. A provided you are going to use it and not keep it to sell.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

ahorriblesn posted:

Don't have an extra volcano but I'll trade a glacier charter for 1 Mr. A provided you are going to use it and not keep it to sell.

Alright, I'll pull it tomorrow.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Is it just me, or is Wisdom of the Elder Tortoises (+50% max MP permanently) the most useful skill to perm for Turtle Tamer?

spit on my clit fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Dec 9, 2015

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

I'd say that Amphibian Sympathy is for sure way better, and maaaaaaybe Tao and Hero of the Half Shell are more important. Wisdom is definitely up there.

distactedOne
Oct 29, 2012
Very good? Absolutely. Most useful? .. Maybe. Astral Shell and Hero of the Half-Shell are strong contenders for the title imo.

Sympathy is definitely good, though it was way better when you needed to buff two useless familiars to 20 pounds every single run.

Tao of the Terrapin... I have this vague comprehension that it's better than I actually realize. I'm kinda bad at numbers in this game that aren't in blue.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.
The Long View is kinda nice if you're low-skill. Those passive 3 adventures a day can add up if you're not already pulling 1- or 2-dayers.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

BillmasterCozb posted:

Is it just me, or is Wisdom of the Elder Tortoises (+50% max MP permanently) the most useful skill to perm for Turtle Tamer?

I mean, it's no Toss.

ahorriblesn
Sep 23, 2003
Any Muscle classes that will be around after rollover tonight to drop a blood kiwi to me in the tallest tree in dread?

Edit - Still looking for a Muscle class who will drop me a Blood Kiwi. Let me know when is a good time for you tomorrow.

ahorriblesn fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Dec 12, 2015

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
Man, my last real ascension was in 2012. Just dumped my last run and started over in casual, and man am I lost.
Well, not entirely, just drowning in too much new poo poo at once.
Donated and got a Monster Manuel, been digging that so far.

sfwarlock
Aug 11, 2007
o/ Crimbo crimbo lag is here, time for meat and stats and gear... o/

And an interesting mechanic for the competition... Thankfully unlike flyers/etc, you don't have to use the drat thing each fight. less fiddliness == more fun!

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Except that you have to kill 30 different monsters. Changing zones is way more fiddly than setting up a simple macro.

e: and you have to do it twice, once for each side.

Lone Goat fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Dec 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Not so interested in crimbo :V

More interested in grinding those loving hobo codes out. Am I going to have to ascend twice to be effective at all?

Cause I'd have to get the "a battlefield" one, the different sign-specific areas like the bugbear pen and the thugndergnome thing, the defiled nook (That one just annoyed me, that I can't get it), and thats about it.

E: If there'll ever be another Hodgeman's Hamster run, I'll have to ascend as a turtle tamer again, so should I just perm Tao of the Terrapin?