Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mousepractice
Jan 30, 2005

A pint of plain is your only man

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

*strongly agree. Another 18-20% "somewhat agree".

29% of CA Democrats also strongly support Trump's Muslim policy. CA might be in danger unless Hillary adjusts her position on the issue.

Yes, these polls will definitely hold true this time next year, assuming there is another islamist shooting spree around this time next year also

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Mousepractice posted:

Yes, these polls will definitely hold true this time next year, assuming there is another islamist shooting spree around this time next year also

There will be because ISIS will still be around. Welcome to the new age

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

richardfun posted:

Hey now.

The Bush family votes too.

With Al-Baghdadi wedged in between them at number two.

Quite a list.

Yeah that's surprising. What exactly is the context of person of the year? He's certainly an important person.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

TheTatteredKing posted:

Yeah that's surprising. What exactly is the context of person of the year? He's certainly an important person.

"Time's editors thought they were important" is the only thing that matters out of the possible criteria. Hitler got it in '38.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

TheTatteredKing posted:

Well past winners of person of the year include the earth, the computer, Hitler, and "You". Looking for a pattern beyond "whatever means people will talk about person of the year" seems like a losing battle.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Zelder posted:

Hitler is going to try and dunk on Lady Inevitable for Bill's infidelity and it won't go well

Yeah, I feel like if he does that it's going to hit the sympathy button for every middle-aged suburban mom in the country.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

29% of CA Democrats also strongly support Trump's Muslim policy. CA might be in danger unless Hillary adjusts her position on the issue.

Was this polled before or after the San Bernardino shooting?

Alter Ego posted:

Yeah, I feel like if he does that it's going to hit the sympathy button for every middle-aged suburban mom in the country.

Middle-aged suburban moms are remarkably spiteful creatures, I don't think they'd cleave from Trump (assuming they were following his camp to begin with) unless harmed by him on a very embarrassing personal level such as being first to the Starbucks drive thru or having a more successful dog-sitting sole prop.

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Dec 9, 2015

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Lord of Pie posted:

"Time's editors thought they were important" is the only thing that matters out of the possible criteria. Hitler got it in '38.

Also how cowardly the editors are feeling, for example in 2001 when they named Giuliani and not Osama.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
california is not going to go to trump you dolts

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

paranoid randroid posted:

lunacy via dehydration makes it a coin toss

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
the cities got water, its the burbs and outback that are screwed, and theyre crazy as hell anyway

H5N1
Mar 8, 2005

heil satan
I can't believe how excited I am about the Jeb campaign!

H5N1 fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Oct 18, 2016

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
ok when i say "cities" i mean the actual cities and not the material metaphors for a post-modern ironic malaise hell, like fresno and bakersfield

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

ok when i say "cities" i mean the actual cities and not the material metaphors for a post-modern ironic malaise hell, like fresno and bakersfield

There are people that consider anything a city in inland California?

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Trump has given birth to a whole new round of somehow even dumber arzying

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

FAUXTON posted:

There are people that consider anything a city in inland California?

riverside somehow has 320k people living in it, which would be a significant metropolitan area in most states and a humanitarian crisis in any sane country

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Gravy Jones posted:

Only an idiot would do this. I have no idea what proportion of Bernie supporters are this stupid though. A "protest vote" doesn't usually mean voting for someone you don't like out of spite.

The silver lining to Trump's candidacy is it is forcing Americans to come to terms with exactly how much of our electorate votes primarily based on spite.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
i wonder what exciting things will happen today

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!
There really is new stuff every day in this election! Thank God for Trump. I gotta get that in now before we have to say Thank Trump for Trump!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Trump is going to ironically sweep all 50 states.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Trump is going to ironically sweep all 50 states.

history is on his side, he will bury us

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Alter Ego posted:

why do you go out of your way to quote people and change trump to hitler every time

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

Third World Reggin posted:

why do you go out of your way to quote people and change trump to hitler every time

because if they say it long enough everyone will magically realize he is A Bad Candidate

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx
2016: the year the irony became too powerful

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

memy posted:

2016: the year the irony became too powerful

ruling the country with an ironic fist

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

The Joe Man posted:

You can also add in any Bernie supporters who loathe Hillary and vote Trump out of spite if she wins the primary (which is looking likely, unfortunately).

I know this thread likes to poo poo on Bernie supporters for some reason but I'm definitely holding my nose and voting Hilary when the inevitable happens. I'd be surprised if that isn't the case for the majority of us.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Third World Reggin posted:

I'm not...?

Oh, poo poo...it's the browser name-swap extension I have on. Apparently it quotes how it shows on my screen and not on everyone else's.

Made reading about election news more bearable.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

InsanityIsCrazy posted:

because if they say it long enough everyone will magically realize he is A Bad Candidate

He is a bad candidate tho

He's...entertaining in a "let's watch the world be consumed in hell fire" kind of way and he's genuinely disrupted the Republican primary but he won't do good things for the republicans in the general

J. P. Beagley
Apr 11, 2008

So where does Trump go next - does he call for deportations of all Muslims (immigrants & tourists) currently in the country? Seems to be the next logical step, and you know he can't reject his business instincts and ignore the obvious synergies with his immigration plan. If you're already deporting 11 million people, what's a few million more? You know, that's the kind of savvy that I'd expect out of a business tycoon like Donald J. Trump! That kind of efficiency can only come out of good management.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Trump reminds me of the living embodiment of that hitler comic where he's saying "well i just want to kill all jews, don't get all upset about it man" and the other guy that is freaking out is the media

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Naga Warlord posted:

So where does Trump go next - does he call for deportations of all Muslims (immigrants & tourists) currently in the country? Seems to be the next logical step, and you know he can't reject his business instincts and ignore the obvious synergies with his immigration plan. If you're already deporting 11 million people, what's a few million more? You know, that's the kind of savvy that I'd expect out of a business tycoon like Donald J. Trump! That kind of efficiency can only come out of good management.
he will just be insulting the next group of people he can find (Germans)

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

Rocks posted:

Trump reminds me of the living embodiment of that hitler comic where he's saying "well i just want to kill all jews, don't get all upset about it man" and the other guy that is freaking out is the media

except in both of the interviews yesterday, trump was ranting manically while the media were calmly trying to get him to provide answers to their questions

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

FAUXTON posted:

Was this polled before or after the San Bernardino shooting?

Middle-aged suburban moms are remarkably spiteful creatures, I don't think they'd cleave from Trump (assuming they were following his camp to begin with) unless harmed by him on a very embarrassing personal level such as being first to the Starbucks drive thru or having a more successful dog-sitting sole prop.

Well, no, I mean the ones that aren't firmly in the Trump camp to begin with. Of COURSE they're going to stick with him.

I'm talking about the soccer mom in Peoria who makes her decision two days before walking into a voting booth. If all she remembers is that Trump called Hillary ugly or made fun of her because Bill cheated, she may go "Well that wasn't very nice".

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Rocks posted:

he will just be insulting the next group of people he can find (Germans)
Never. Trump is Bronx-German and owned the Hitler Book.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
im getting reports from a source inside the trump campaign that hes going to be insulting the dutch on friday

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
For your health: a gif of a bald eagle attacking Trump during his TIME photoshoot

https://twitter.com/charliespiering/status/674627631334076416

:patriot:

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Jan 22, 2016

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Freepers were talking about Carter yesterday, and now its finally hit the Conservative-news machine:

Jimmy Carter Barred Iranians From Enterting the US

quote:

Despite vast criticism over GOP front-runner Donald Trump's latest comments regarding Muslims entering the U.S., this is not the first time limitations are issued on allowing foreigners from entering the country, Front Page Mag reports.

In 1980, when dealing with the Iranian hostage crisis, President Jimmy Carter issued a number of orders putting pressure on Iran — one order included banning Iranians from entering the U.S. "unless they oppose the Shiite Islamist regime or had a medical emergency."

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Jan 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

¡Columba! is now hitting the road in Iowa.

Jeb's constituents look like they're about to croak

• Locked thread