Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Roumba posted:

What are the best corn ones out there for your average shopper? I love HEB's Butter Tortillas, but I should branch out.

They just so tasty and mmmmmm
:btroll:

Best corn you can ever have are the ones you make for your own.

Esquisita, or Mission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

e_angst
Sep 20, 2001

by exmarx

Badger of Basra posted:

BTW George and Laura prefer corn tortillas to flour.

http://www.texasmonthly.com/food/corn-or-flour/

Okay, if you like corn tortillas that's your right. But then you try to say some bullshit like "They’re more flavorful and have a richer texture than white-flour tortillas", which is a damnable lie. Like, unless you're comparing an amazing home-pressed corn tortilla to a taco bell flour tortilla, you're fooling yourself. Even a halfway competent flour tortilla will always blow away the best corn tortilla.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
They are more flavorful but they taste like corn.

They're really good if you fry them in oil (preferably corn oil) though.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Corn tortillas only in cooked dishes like enchiladas imo. Flour tortillas for tacos, fajitias, etc. These are the immutable and inalienable truths of the world.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

I get my tacos with corn tortillas.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Badger of Basra posted:

You're the worst kind of person.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Remember her?

spoon daddy
Aug 11, 2004
Who's your daddy?
College Slice

zoux posted:

Remember her?

Remind me

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

She was the state rep who, on Muslim Day at the Capitol posted on her facebook that all Muslims looking to meet with her in her office must first pledge an oath of allegiance to the United States.

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

If you're in the Dallas area, and like live theater, I highly suggest seeing the Totalitarians at the Kitchen Dog. I went tonight and laughed so hard and it was well needed. I need to laugh at the stupidity in politics since everything seems to be sucking more and more each day.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Badger of Basra posted:

You are a correct man.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

GreyjoyBastard posted:

You are a correct man.

Ugh. Can we get a separate thread for you two?

karlor
Apr 15, 2014

:911::ussr::911::ussr:
:ussr::911::ussr::911:
:911::ussr::911::ussr:
:ussr::911::ussr::911:
College Slice

GreyjoyBastard posted:

You are a correct man.

He's not wrong...

but maybe the truth is in the middle and your tortilla choice depends on context. IMO breakfast tacos are better with flour but my al pastor can only be served on corn, with onions, cilantro, and a tiny slice of pineapple. Anything else is sacrilege.

VVV :golfclap: VVV

karlor fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Dec 4, 2015

Parachute
May 18, 2003
Tortilla politics are tearing this thread apart.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Well UT is going to start serving halal (and kosher) meals next semester, so keep your eye out for some insanity on that subject.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Badger of Basra posted:

Well UT is going to start serving halal (and kosher) meals next semester, so keep your eye out for some insanity on that subject.

The funny part is that this probably only means that they are switching distributors to people that have certified halal chicken & beef.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

karlor posted:

He's not wrong...

but maybe the truth is in the middle and your tortilla choice depends on context. IMO breakfast tacos are better with flour but my al pastor can only be served on corn, with onions, cilantro, and a tiny slice of pineapple. Anything else is sacrilege.

Al Pastor tacos/quesadilas (the Mexican kind, not the Tex-Mex one) on corn tortillas and served all the way are the one true food god.

Enchiladas and burritos are best on on flour though.

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

I think the reason people dislike corn tortillas so much is because they try to eat them straight out of the package. You gotta throw them on a cast iron skillet/griddle for a few minutes and they become so much more palatable. HEB's Mitad y Mitad are the way to go though :911::respek::mexico:

Parachute
May 18, 2003
Deep fry corn tortillas you knuckleheads, there's nothing better.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Nope.

Flour tortilla migas > corn tortilla migas.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

MariusLecter posted:

Nope.

Flour tortilla migas > corn tortilla migas.

Seriously, gtfo and go back to the north. Next you'll be praising flour tamales and the benefits of putting corn in your salsa.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Trabisnikof posted:

Seriously, gtfo and go back to the north.

You first gringo. :ese:

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

MariusLecter posted:

You first gringo. :ese:

We stole this land from Mexico fair and square, get over it and have some corn tortillas.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Corn tortillas are good and have their uses, but there's nothing quite like a hot homemade flour tortilla straight off of the press or stove.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Texas dropped its threat to sue over the Syrians about to be resettled here.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/us-aid-group-oppose-texas-efforts-block-syrian-35576388

Numlock
May 19, 2007

The simplest seppo on the forums
I'd take 10,000 Syrians over 1 more goddamn Californian.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
Flour tortillas are to be used only for burritos and nothing else. All other foods require corn tortillas, if you disagree please report to kansas or san francisco or wherever you came from for processing

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord
Anyone who makes enchiladas with flour tortillas needs to go to forever jail, that poo poo's unforgivable.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
I like street tacos so I like corn tortillas.

Also, one little part of me wishes the secession resolution had passed so it could be put to a vote.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

:rip: Baylor ahahahahahahaha

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
whichever tortilla crispitos have is the correct tortilla

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

We very quietly dropped our challenge to Syrian refugess :ssh:

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Statesman said a gun rights group just did a "mock mass shooting" at UT. I guess this is to go along with their terrible idea from last year of a "mock" illegal immigrant round-up.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

How is a fake mass shooting an argument in favor of expanded gun rights?

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

zoux posted:

How is a fake mass shooting an argument in favor of expanded gun rights?

Maybe there will be a fake good guy with a gun.

http://www.statesman.com/news/news/gun-rights-groups-to-stage-mock-mass-shooting-at-u/npf38/

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
Columbine LARPing sounds like a great way for any potential "good guys" to panic and shoot someone hamhandedly making a non-point.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Here's how you can tell they're shitheads, they're protesting for something they've already won. They're already getting to bring their guns secretly onto campus, they just have to wait a few months for the rule change. But nope, we need to "protest" by mock killing students, because *my rights*

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I might have to go to this and just gape... I'll post pics

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

That's gonna get cancelled, for obvious reasons. I look forward to the Daily Texan oped whining about how conservatives are the most oppressed ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

zoux posted:

That's gonna get cancelled, for obvious reasons. I look forward to the Daily Texan oped whining about how conservatives are the most oppressed ever.

They're not asking for permission, so if it gets cancelled it will be day-of. However, I could also see them getting a lot of volunteer shooters and too few volunteer bleeders.

If anyone goes, bring a piece of cardboard that's not gun shaped but in the hopes they "shoot" you and you can explain how they just murdered an innocent bystanders and ruined two lives.