Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

basically you have two relatively decent weapons to attack with that are about as good as chainswords, have a movement AB of 6, can take a free half-move on an acrobatics test after attacking, and can dodge twice in a turn. "react as a bestial creature" means i take control if something worrying happens to you though

enjoy!!!
Thank you GM

you can only do one attack per turn
I wanted to actually ask if that's also the case for melee because being a murderbeast is less cool when you can only maim one thing per turn?

I never had to do melee so far :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Attacking with two weapons is still one attack. Semi-auto/full-auto and swift/lightning attack is still one attack.

Apart from that the only other way to do multiple attack actions is with rare niche expensive talents.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Tin Tim posted:

Thank you GM

I wanted to actually ask if that's also the case for melee because being a murderbeast is less cool when you can only maim one thing per turn?

I never had to do melee so far :shrug:

As I understand it if you are dual wielding you can make separate attacks rolls (though as part of a single attack action) with each weapon provided you have the appropriate two weapon fighting talent albeit at -20 for both attacks. Ambidexterity reduces the penalty by 10 and Gunslinger/Sidearm/Blade Dancer reduce the penalty by 10 for dual pistols/pistol and melee/dual melee respectively. If you have both ambidexterity and your choice of secondary talent there is no penalty for dual wielding your chosen style.

Since you specifically have Ambidextrous and Two weapon Fighter you can choose to toll twice, once for each arm, but both rolls are at -10.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

bang on basically, although Sidearm/Gunslinger/Blade Dancer have caveats to what weapons they work with

you don't have swift or lightning attack so it's WS -10 (two weapon) + 10 (standard attack) as a half action, so basically rolling against straight WS.

or you could aim and attack (WS + 10 - 10 + 10 for a WS + 10 roll), or your could all out attack (ws + 30 - 10, you can't dodge at all for a WS + 20 roll)

each arm rolls separately and can even be against separate targets. they are separate Attacks as part of the same Attack Action, and it's Attack Actions that you can only make one of per turn

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Thx for the hot and steamy rule nuggets, guys. I will use their power wisely

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I'll try and get a scrunt up when I'm back from work. I've been lazy as poo poo over the last few days because I finally got a new computer after many years of not buying a new computer and I've been trying to cram ten years worth of computer games into my brain in as short a time as possible.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

behead those who do not scrunt

assuming you can find their necks

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
So it looks like scruntposting is spreading to other PBP games.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3751651&pagenumber=2#post453688967

Old runty wizard farts obnoxiously, speaks unintelligibly, and the murders an ogre sergeant with mind daggers.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
just downloaded ARK survival for a laugh

think im gonna make a scrunt

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

DeathSandwich posted:

So it looks like scruntposting is spreading to other PBP games.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3751651&pagenumber=2#post453688967

Old runty wizard farts obnoxiously, speaks unintelligibly, and the murders an ogre sergeant with mind daggers.

Story of my life right there.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

haha i'm reading the Dark Heresy 2 rulebook because i'm considering running a pbp game of it in the new year, and they've still got the "receiving extended medical attention is more hazardous to your health than going without" thing

also microwaving dinner apparently requires a +30 Trade: Cook test

e: oh my god it's taken the best part of a decade but they finally have rules for silenced weapons that make sense

Inexplicable Humblebrag fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Dec 12, 2015

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

also microwaving dinner apparently requires a +30 Trade: Cook test

In the Grim Darkness of the Far Future © ® (™), you can't heat up a Lean Cuisine without praying to the Machine Spirits first.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

nooo they changed it so that you don't need to be on fire to try and put out a fire

i mean it's good for, like, firemen and all that, but it's much less funny

at least literally any medic can safely lop off a critically wounded limb with no chance of causing any long-term injury to their patient. much better than trying to put the limb in traction, which gives a chance of killing the patient each day

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
DH2 also inverts how pushing psychic powers works...unlike every other 40K game to this point, pushing raises your effective psy rating but LOWERS your skill, which means it's a lot more situational as to when you'd actually want to do so.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

quote:

Bladestorm: Once per round, as a Half Action, the Dire Avenger
can apply the Spray quality to the next attack he makes with his
Avenger Shuriken Catapult.

greetings

my gun has a range of 120m

gonna hit everybody in a 64m-wide cone with it, up to ten times

Kai Tave posted:

DH2 also inverts how pushing psychic powers works...unlike every other 40K game to this point, pushing raises your effective psy rating but LOWERS your skill, which means it's a lot more situational as to when you'd actually want to do so.

see this actually makes a bit of sense

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Dark Heresy 2 sounds fun and I might give it a go but I dunno about keeping tabs on both scrunting and heretic burning.

And my spring classes start up in January so uh feck feck feck.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Kai Tave posted:

Don't they also take out power fettering so you have no safe casting?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

hard enough to get you fuckers to post once per week in one game, so i'll look to get other players for the DH2 one

DeathSandwich posted:

Don't they also take out power fettering so you have no safe casting?

you can reduce your psy rating to get easier casts but yeah, no fettering. just psykers trying and often failing to do what they're supposed to sort of do all the time.

looking at it, i'm actually not sure whether you'd ever really want to push your psychic abilities in combat. -20 is a fairly hefty penalty for sanctioned psykers, and -10 only gives you +1 psy rating, which may not be worth a 1/4 chance of loving up the location. dark heresy by necessity has you investigating places that you might not want to totally mangle, whereas only war is more about combat and if you turn a room into a scorched ash pit it probably matters less

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

poo poo I've been away for the whole weekend and just came home tired and bruised

Can I still get in a scrunt tomorrow??

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i assume this is a batman-style Can Our Caped Crusader Escape rhetorical question

you have till about 7pm GMT

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

I will scrunt when I home from work then and fall in my bed now

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I think we're all very busy due to the christmas season atm

apologies for lack of scrunting

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

We're also lazy fecks but that's besides the point

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

well yeah, to both

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

I'm the worst scrunt to get the best mutation

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Moola posted:

I think we're all very busy due to the christmas season atm

apologies for lack of scrunting

Here I will scrunt for you

"My scrunt is scared and angry about the fighting with the dogs! He uses his weapon(s) to try to kill some dogs."

there done

amazing

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Leperflesh posted:

"My scrunt is scared and angry about the fighting with the dogs! He uses his weapon(s) to try to kill some dogs."

there done

amazing

"gently caress [insert character for whom you have a grudge against]"

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I love the combat maps you make, DJF. They never fail to amuse.

Believe it or not, i am exercising scrunty strategy right now! I figure the best way to draw aggo from a bunch of dogs is to either submit to them (dropping to the ground) or get them to chase me. Since my heavy weapon is dangerous to use in slamite hallways, i figure I can at least take advantage of my tankiness. True Grit + the refractor field probably makes me the toughest scrunt to kill.

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Dec 14, 2015

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Ignite Memories posted:

I love the combat maps you make, DJF. They never fail to amuse.

Believe it or not, i am exercising scrunty strategy right now! I figure the best way to draw aggo from a bunch of dogs is to either submit to them (dropping to the ground) or get them to chase me. Since my heavy weapon is dangerous to use in slamite hallways, i figure I can at least take advantage of my tankiness. True Grit + the refractor field probably makes me the toughest scrunt to kill.

You need to let me put a bayonet on your autocannon so you can then use it like a 35kg spear

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Yes I am absolutely asking scurrilous to do that after combat.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

that loving refractor field keeps proccing and not burning out. you should be dead by now!!

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Also DJF, I did totally examine the axe before back at the farm and this is what you had to say about it:

quote:

Axe has wires in!! Mung has no idea what it is because he hasn't got the right skill; he knows it's imperial, he knows there's tech involved, but he doesn't know what it does. Adding customisations will remove its Best quality, do you wish to proceed y/n

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

that loving refractor field keeps proccing and not burning out. you should be dead by now!!

v:frogbon:v

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

oh yeah i forgot about that. for some reason i got your forbidden lores mixed up this time. you still can't learn anything useful :saddowns:

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

How problematic will the slam quake be? Because Grimply isn't really in a state of mind where he'll recognize it as a problem since eating dogs is the more pressing matter.

Also my brain initially red the title of the song as Sharter OST

I have become the scrunts

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
I mean, if it's got wires and imperial markings and specifically isn't an admech/archaeotech nightmare device then it's more than likely a force axe and like hell I'm giving it up because psykers can't have nice things. Unless the answer is that I need to have Forbidden knowledge (space marines) or (inquisition) to figure it out because it's some obscure relic.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

you can't just run through the outstanding forbidden lores and expect an answer i'm afraid

Tin Tim posted:

How problematic will the slam quake be? Because Grimply isn't really in a state of mind where he'll recognize it as a problem since eating dogs is the more pressing matter.

grimply is bestial but fully capable of comprehending the danger of the strange vibrations. the dogs are, too. it's a big loud scary roar like an earthquaking oesophagus, it's a very visceral threat, not an intellectual one

e: also you can assassin's strike round the corner after making an attack, and evade the quake that way

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Cool, I just didn't want to metagame the one time where I actually get to play differently

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Leperflesh posted:

there done

amazing

:cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

you can't just run through the outstanding forbidden lores and expect an answer i'm afraid

To be fair, saying "It's got technology bits but gently caress if the technology guy can do anything with it" doesn't exactly make for a compelling hook to follow when the tech guy was the only one who cared enough to look at it or even pick it up to begin with.

• Locked thread