Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

cash crab posted:

:ohdear: I couldn't think of anything other than sushi

Ha, and now I can't either. Guess it's Arami for dinner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
I am very very broke until Tuesday of next week, and now all I can think of is sushi.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
I am making empanadas for dinner tonight. Also rum and rum.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

bunnyofdoom posted:

I am making empanadas for dinner tonight. Also rum and rum.

Now I want to take a class to learn how to make empanadas

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I want sushi empanadas

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
It looks like your dream could come true if you live in Texas.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I'm not going to say the jelly directly on a breakfast sandwich thing isn't the most popular way to go about it for people grabbing jelly, but if it makes anyone feel better I've seen a fair share of breakfast biscuit sandwich eaters who eat the protein openfaced on one biscuit half and then eat the second biscuit half with the jelly.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

cash crab posted:

On that note, though, cooking classes are fun. Olds don't bother you except to tell you boring stories, and in the end, you will be super good at making sushi or stew or whatever. 10/10.

I've been compiling a bunch of stuff for a blog. I've taught some cooking classes, and I'd like to see more recipe-less skill-building stuff out there. I'll make people into the mid-rung cook who has to come up with a special using anything they can find without pulling out a single measuring apparatus.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Scathach posted:

I didn't, but I would. Also salted chili is awesome on just about all fruits. (Can you tell I grew up surrounded by Mexicans?)

Jicama with Tajin is amazing.

Or is that coconut?

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

:burger: It's burgin' time! :burger:

The Glumslinger posted:

Now I want to take a class to learn how to make empanadas

I want to learn how to make rum and rum.

Also fried chicken and waffles is one of those things I haven't tried but really really really want to.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Chicken and waffles is rad as gently caress. Don't let a place fool you with some kind of savory variant. You want some kind of sweet with it, like how my local joint does it with a maple drizzle and a bit of whipped cream on the side.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I heart bacon posted:

I want to learn how to make rum and rum.

Also fried chicken and waffles is one of those things I haven't tried but really really really want to.

Very easy. First add ice to a glass. Then add 2oz of rum. Then add 2oz of rum. If you wanna go extra fancy and have rum rum and rum add 2oz of rum!

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
Put a maraschino cherry on top. Now it's a cocktail!

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Eponine posted:

That is what the ice is for. Adding fruit like that makes it a tiki drink.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Caving to my own curiosity, I had a sushi burrito for lunch today that I bought from a food truck for $12. Although it tasted fine, my conclusion is that the two formats are not meant to mix.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I still haven't been able to find a sushi burrito near me. Which is odd because with in one mile I have about 50 sushi and Mexican places. You'd think one of them would have it.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

MariusLecter posted:

Jicama with Tajin is amazing.

Or is that coconut?

Think it's jicama.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Plan Z posted:

I've been compiling a bunch of stuff for a blog. I've taught some cooking classes, and I'd like to see more recipe-less skill-building stuff out there. I'll make people into the mid-rung cook who has to come up with a special using anything they can find without pulling out a single measuring apparatus.

That's my favourite way to cook!

:v: "This is great, how'd you make this?"
:eng101: "Thanks! I have no idea!"

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

cash crab posted:

That's my favourite way to cook!

:v: "This is great, how'd you make this?"
:eng101: "Thanks! I have no idea!"

"I put the fridge in a pot and applied heat."

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

I know this would probably be a would for a lot of people but I can't imagine those textures going well together. Also your face would just be totally covered with cheese after the first few bites

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Sushi and beef lo mien or chili and corn bread tonight? Either way, my toilet loses.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
More cone based madness

Somebody has a new favorite as of 01:53 on Dec 11, 2015

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

VendaGoat posted:

Sushi and beef lo mien or chili and corn bread tonight? Either way, my toilet loses.

Chili and corn bread if it's cold by you. Sushi and lo mien if it's not.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
Here's one I found on my phone, can't remember if I've shared it before.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

All solid woods

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I would definitely try those weird things in ice cream cones.

Maybe not some of these weird ice creams though.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
Nothing makes me want lovely food like making it portable.

Kakairo
Dec 5, 2005

In case of emergency, my ass can be used as a flotation device.

Portable chicken n' waffles could be tasty...if it wasn't made by Aramark.

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

:burger: It's burgin' time! :burger:

Eponine posted:

Easy there Rockefeller! Today I went fancy and had beer in glass! :smug:

Also, no longer unemployed now! :heysexy:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I would definitely try those weird things in ice cream cones.

Maybe not some of these weird ice creams though.

Hobgoblin is one of my favorite beers and I would eat an entire tub of it's ice cream.

Stink Terios
Oct 17, 2012

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

ah yes astronaut ice cream and schwarma served in a garbage bag, my favorite. :yum:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

This looks like a photo from a serial killer trial.

Plankhandles
Oct 11, 2012

The Blair Sandwich Project

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Martha Stewart's food photography is actually getting worse.

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I don't know...

Re: White people food... Kale, casseroles, guacamole, all Panera items, dairy-based cheese, non-Asian spicy foods. Surprisingly mayonnaise is no longer a white people food by technicality - we like it of course, but East Asians like it way more so they get it in the draft.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Solice Kirsk posted:

Hobgoblin is one of my favorite beers and I would eat an entire tub of it's ice cream.

I get really weird migraines, and the first symptom is usually visual disturbances. Coupled with the fact that I can't see too well already, and I tend to misread stuff and my brain just sort of fills information, usually to whimsical effects. Anyway, my point is that I read this as "Hotgoblin" and laughed and laughed and I am so sad now that there isn't a beer called "Hotgoblin".

Anyway, the most white food I've ever heard of was the time that a woman I worked with put eggs into halved avocados and baked them. Apparently it was loving disgusting.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

cash crab posted:

Anyway, the most white food I've ever heard of was the time that a woman I worked with put eggs into halved avocados and baked them. Apparently it was loving disgusting.

What Happened Next Will Blow Your Tits Clean Off

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

cash crab posted:

Oh, I've had those before. I thought they were pretty good spread over toast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

AMAZING

anyway, maybe she just sucked at cooking

• Locked thread