Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Montasque posted:

Talk Radio update:

Rush called out Fiorina and other candidates who think Hillary will mop the floor with Trump. Rush says if it's so easy to beat Trump then how come she cant do it?

Great obfuscation move. He knows why she can't, he knows why she can't, but neither of them are allowed to say "because I am/you are a bad bad candidate and Trump is one of own captive pieces of poo poo gone Gladiator"

This primary was built for someone like Trump, and he kills with the lovely lovely gop primary-watcher. But I would bet he can't maintain this in a real fight with a real opponent who has absolutely no need to appeal to his hosed up fan base.

Trump is basically a prospect boxer right now, building a 17-0 record throwing massive haymakers on lame opponents so he can get a money/name fight. He might look good, he might knock some of these fuckers out, but remember what you're watching. This isn't a fight. This is someone with massive advantages and some skill, but no real experience, no substance. Don't bet on him when the big dance comes.

This whole primary speaks a lot more to the all around awfulness of the GOP today than anything else.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Dec 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Once again a heros stand before Donaldo, Lord of Terror. Will Jeb Bush the Campaign Necromancer finally defeat the yooge demon, or will he be forced into another cowardly retreat with his tome of hometown portal? Find out on December 15th!

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Has Jeb! done anything for millennials or made an effort to understand their concerns? All I hear is that his tax plan would make things worse. Yes, I'm aware that they don't vote en masse, so why bother etc.

InsanityIsCrazy posted:

this is good for jebcoin because

This is a funny post and didn't go unnoticed.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Xenophon posted:

it's dawning on me that even his support of outright fascism might not be enough to stump the Trump

it is probably because fascism is capable of doing good and bad things like many other ideologies.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Third World Reggin posted:

it is probably because fascism is capable of doing good and bad things like many other ideologies.

pros - the trains run on time

cons - transit funding dependent on sacking other countries

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Riosan posted:

Has Jeb! done anything for millennials

He tore the mask off the GOP for anyone who was buying their "outreach" efforts, and made it harder for college/HS Republican types to justify their existence.

That second one was probably already redlining though, which is why every single one who blogs or whatever throws up a disclaimer about how they ARE NOT A REPUBLICAN.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

baw posted:

hopefully someone will point out the difference between visitors from a specific country and banning visitors who adhere to one of the major world religions, and then the talking point will go away

Counter-point: According to Rush/The right there was an ideological test attached to Carter's Iranian policy.

EDIT: THIS IS THEIR ACTUAL ARGUMENT TO YOUR POINT.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

paranoid randroid posted:

reminder that trump had a twitter meltdown over being called fuckface von clownstick

Trump got angry and blocked a cat on Twitter

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

Montasque posted:

Counter-point: According to Rush/The right there was an ideological test attached to Carter's Iranian policy.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

Trump got angry and blocked a cat on Twitter

the cat was not free of sin

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

pros - the trains run on time

cons - transit funding dependent on sacking other countries

cons - the trains still don't actually run on time.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Donald Trump's latest Instagram video praises Jeb! repeatedly, says he finally gets it.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Captain_Maclaine posted:

cons - the trains still don't actually run on time.

pro- no muslims on the trains. except, yknow, the one train.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

shiksa posted:

pro- no muslims on the trains. except, yknow, the one train.

WHAT TRAIN? WE WERE UNAWARE OF THAT TRAIN, WE THOUGHT THEY WERE GOING ON HOLIDAY.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Third World Reggin posted:

I can't tell if I have terminal irony poisoning or if these are sincere posts.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Joementum posted:

Donald Trump's latest Instagram video praises Jeb! repeatedly, says he finally gets it.

This maybe the most effective ad featuring Jeb I've seen so far.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

look at this loving nerd
https://instagram.com/p/_E1woHO3Fp/

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Jeb looks like he works IT.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

Can somebody summarize this post for me

basicaly "hurdur, the democrats very existance makes these people insane so having another dem president wont solve anything, it would be better to have trump win so he can burn everything to the ground or something because accelerationism. basically dumb nu-left poo poo.

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

This concludes your ¡Jeb! update for December 9, 2015. Good day and god bless.

"Come December 15, Trump will be in decline," Bush said to applause.

For some reason that reminds me of: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gt5YIJVwouE

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

what's he saying?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

basicaly "hurdur, the democrats very existance makes these people insane so having another dem president wont solve anything, it would be better to have trump win so he can burn everything to the ground or something because accelerationism. basically dumb nu-left poo poo.

that dude became an accelerationist because hes a latin teacher who is mad that fewer places have latin classes these days

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Dapper_Swindler posted:

what is your plan to combat the rise of fascism in america

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Joementum posted:

Trump is loving Jeb so hard right now that it'll be a wonder if the guy isn't pregnant by Iowa.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

There is a lot of horror in this one, not sure we discussed it yet:
http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/2015/PPP_Release_NC_120815.pdf

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

stoutfish posted:

Promote populist leftism.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

mike12345 posted:

what's he saying?

I can't make it out. There's a longer version here - he's asking about the space program, but I can't decipher what he's asking Jeb! to reinvigorate.

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

Why does he call everyone brother?

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

stoutfish posted:

Earnest internet posts.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

stoutfish posted:

how do you define fascism stoutfish?

please try to avoid using Hillary Clinton in your definition.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Pinterest Mom posted:

I can't make it out. There's a longer version here - he's asking about the space program, but I can't decipher what he's asking Jeb! to reinvigorate.

The question was about how US astronauts have to hitch rides to the ISS with the Ruskies right now and what Jeb!'s gonna do about getting the shuttle program's successor back on track.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Vox Nihili posted:

Promote populist leftism.

kind of hard when the fascist light portray themselves as center left.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

that dude became an accelerationist because hes a latin teacher who is mad that fewer places have latin classes these days
does he expect accelerationism to ncrease the number of Latin teacher positions? Or is he hoping he somehow survives to become the last Latin teacher?

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

A Neurotic Jew posted:

how do you define fascism stoutfish?

please try to avoid using Hillary Clinton in your definition.

http://www.pegc.us/archive/Articles/eco_ur-fascism.pdf

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

stoutfish posted:

kind of hard when the fascist light portray themselves as center left.

They do not. They portray leftism as abhorrent. I'm not sure you know what you're talking about.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Vox Nihili posted:

They do not. They portray leftism as abhorrent. I'm not sure you know what you're talking about.

it's you senpai

it's all of us

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
we are all fascists now

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

stoutfish posted:

it's you senpai

it's all of us

OK, great.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Nessus posted:

does he expect accelerationism to ncrease the number of Latin teacher positions? Or is he hoping he somehow survives to become the last Latin teacher?

i think hes just a bitter misanthropic dork who should turn his dissatisfaction towards something like finding jesus or doing a bunch of drugs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Jan 22, 2016

• Locked thread