Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Also, Vince McMahon usually books a top babyface and a variety of heels for him to beat.

The WWE product for the last few years (with heel top champions almost non-stop) might be as far from the WWE status quo as ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Great White Hope posted:

Vince McMahon tends to book the guys he views as stars over the guys he doesn't.

Every booker does this.

Also given the reward Vince has gotten, which is turning his promotion into the only wrestling company in the world fans in the US are willing to pay for in significant numbers (including the hardest of the hardcore), I'd say his successes significantly outweigh his failures.

Not to say that Vince isn't once again in the 'gotta find the next last star' mode and WWE currently isn't really, really bad, but all it takes is hitting once and you make money hand over fist for years and years and years.

I cannot deny the success that he's had in making the WWF/WWE the wrestling company, but left to his own devices, McMahon usually fails, then stumbles upon something that delivers by accident.

That said, I'm not sure who the Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels or Steve Austin is right now. I'm starting to believe those options are injured, being held off TV, or just don't care about wrestling anymore.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
Why did Ambrose stop doing that crazy/flailing Thesz press he used when The Shield first turned face? I really liked it.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

saltylopez posted:

Why did Ambrose stop doing that crazy/flailing Thesz press he used when The Shield first turned face? I really liked it.

That's why :ssh:

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

OGB posted:

Shawn Michaels

Unironically the current Shawn Michaels is John Cena. Loved by children and women, hated by adult men who pine for someone like the wrestler they liked years and years ago.

VileLL
Oct 3, 2015

that awful surprise spin on the apron Ambrose does every now and then is infinitely worse than the rebound tbh

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Also Ambrose has worse punches than Bubba Ray

e: Speaking of lame punches, I laughed pretty hard when the result of Lana's distraction of Ryback was a fairly weak looking punch to the shoulderblade that nevertheless just about KO'd him

Intruder fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Dec 9, 2015

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

I can't believe that John Cena used to date Dusty Rhodes.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

saltylopez posted:

that crazy/flailing Thesz press he used when The Shield first turned face?

the Arglebargle Press

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Undertater

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Rebound clothesline is the worst move I've ever seen I loving hate it

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Intruder posted:

How is tater tot any worse than fruity pebbles

Cena is at least somewhat comedic. Roman's delivery is dogshit.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Sounds like confirmation bias to me :colbert:

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

pressedbunny posted:

The rebound clothesline usually looks fine—it's no Springboard Stunner—it's just a stupid move to have as a regular spot in every match.

The clothesline is great

The rebound is beyond terrible

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Frankston posted:

Springboard stunner is worse.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

There was one clothesline Owens laid on Ziggler on Raw, the delivery and sell were both so good. It looked brutal as hell

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine

Frankston posted:

Dude you are thinking of the Zack Attack

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
The Jawbreaker Lariat is amazing you scrubs, Dean's just doing it wrong.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I liked when Ambrose tried the rebound clothesline on Owens and Owens just kicked him in the face.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
The lariat is fine, the problem is it got REALLY over and now it's over-done. You know, like everything good in WWE?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

That shits secondary anyway, Austin beat dudes up with nothing more than a Lou thesz press and a dream, push Ambrose

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Ambrose's secret worst looking move is the string of punches and chops.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
His worst move is the tag to Roman.

I cringe every time I see it.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
The Springboard Stunner made me laugh every time I saw it, and for that I will always appreciate Big Match John

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Basically anything outside of top rope elbows or suicide dives is outside of his comfort zone

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Gonzo McFee posted:

His worst move is the tag to Roman.

I cringe every time I see it.

Roman hot tags are better than Dean hot tags

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger
I feel like the rebound clothesline would look a lot better if he just flung himself forward off the ropes at the guy instead of running 2-3 steps, but I don't know if that's actually a plausible move you can do.

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*

cronox2 posted:

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Hace posted:

Roman hot tags are better than Dean hot tags

They should be considering how long he's been doing them and nothing else.

I kid, I actually like Roman I just don't see him as a top guy since he looks visibly lost a lot of the time.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Wasn't Ambrose's comfort zone for most of his career hitting people with light tubes and stuff?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

Wasn't Ambrose's comfort zone for most of his career hitting people with light tubes and stuff?

CZW? Yes

C
Z

W

At least it didn't have the Wall, like JAPW

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Hace posted:

The clothesline is great

The rebound is beyond terrible

It would look way better if he didn't dip under the third rope and kick his feet up. Just bounce off the ropes!

Edit:

Chris James 2 posted:

CZW? Yes

C
Z

W

At least it didn't have the Wall, like JAPW

What the gently caress? That just looks like first degree manslaughter to me.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

Dear Philly fans: Please turn the Tater Tot thing around and chant it relentlessly at Roman at all times he is in/near the ring.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Shima Honnou posted:

Bayley, Asuka, Balor, Hideo, Gable, Apollo, that's the list of people I want to see hit the main roster because I live for chaos and pain and am basically 100% sure that none of them will make it unscathed.

I'm sure HHH will go to bat for them and protect them like he has in the past for

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

GrimGypsy posted:

Dear Philly fans: Please turn the Tater Tot thing around and chant it relentlessly at Roman at all times he is in/near the ring.

Just chant it constantly for everything it until they provide you with tater tots.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

cronox2 posted:

He should learn from the master, Rowdy Ringsports' November 2015 Champion of the Month Shingo Takagi.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Just like the 619 that rebound thing is ok when used now and then but dumb when they need to work it into every single match.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Gonzo McFee posted:

The Jawbreaker Lariat is amazing you scrubs, Dean's just doing it wrong.

yes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwFHB6BNwNM

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Good article from Voices of Wrestling, but it is pretty much preaching to the choir
http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2015/12/09/vince-mcmahon-please-retire/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011
TOTS

• Locked thread