Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Cerci is such a wasteman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

trem_two posted:

Icardi was robbed at gunpoint last night in Milan.

Maxi in town?

It would be nice if anyone on this team could shoot somewhere besides directly at the opposition players or the sky.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

0-0 against Carpi is unforgivable.

*clears throat, adjusts jacket*

Mihajlovic out.

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011

Gigi Galli posted:

0-0 against Carpi is unforgivable.

*clears throat, adjusts jacket*

Mihajlovic out.

What is one to do against Champions League winner Vid Belec?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

GreatestLurker posted:

What is one to do against Champions League winner Vid Belec?

As well as CL winner Marco Borriello and World Cup champion Christian Zaccardo!

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

gently caress this team. I'm officially melting down.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner
loving lol

Gigi Galli posted:

gently caress this team. I'm officially melting down.
why do you still bother, just pick another team already like I did

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Haha Icardi got robbed?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Cippalippus posted:

why do you still bother, just pick another team already like I did

You can't just do this! Besides, my "other team" is currently 12th in serie b lol

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

yeah well i just don't bother getting angry anymore

just like in politics man, you gotta pick the least bad option

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cippalippus posted:

yeah well i just don't bother getting angry anymore

just like in politics man, you gotta pick the least bad option

It's not much of an option for some of us. Fiorentina was my choice based on the city. I'm not from there, but I'd hardly call myself a plastic, and I doubt people in this thread would either. I've seen them play, been inconsolably drunk and upset after the Coppa Italia match, and have always fought and waved their flag regardless of how upset they've made me.

A lot of the people here have ties to the teams from family, living there, or something else. I know my family in law love Milan because Italian TV was all they had growing up besides the communist Albanian channels. Despite a lot of them living in Florence, they go for Milan. They will go to games in Florence for the chance to see football live, but their roots have been established. Most of us would quit watching Serie A before we jumped to another team. I know I would. I couldn't conceive supporting Napoli, not because they are trashmen, but because they aren't Tuscan (No Empoli isn't an option either). We like to watch other teams, I for one enjoy watching Napoli because they have a lot of talent on the team. Not just Higuain, but I loved loved Inler, Pepe Reina is a great keeper imo, Hamsik is batshit crazy, and Insigne is hot poo poo. But I'd never support them, never wish for them to win unless it didn't affect Viola, etc. Juventus is the same, but gently caress them. Always.

Not to look down if that's how you do it. I probably would have said different years ago, but now I know that just getting awareness to Serie A is more important than who you support. It's slowly becoming the league people notice, and that's great. My "Other Team" as Gigi adequately put is Prato, and they are in Serie Pro (one below Serie B) and I'd love to see them make it to B, but it's not a huge loss if they don't.

Who is your team by the way?

Fiorentina go up against Juventus this weekend, so I expect poo poo talking, broken hearts (probably ours) and anger posting.

Fiorentina also are in a do or die situation in the EL. If we don't win this, we can be eliminated, which would give us more effort towards a scudetto. I'd be pissed, but I'd rather take home a Scudetto than a 5th place EL spot. Granted a draw could see us through, but there is a chance that Poznan beat Basel and we have our head to head disrupted. Don't want to chance it.

Coppa Italia is also in the round of 16. We have Genoa v Alessandria (Lega Pro), Inter v Cagliari (Serie B), Roma v Spezia (Serie B), Fiorentina v Capri , Napoli v Verona, Juventus v Torino, Lazio v Udinese, Sampdoria v Milan.

I expect Genoa to knock out Alessandria, Inter to beat Cagliari in boring fashion, Roma to beat Spezia soundly, Fiorentina to win Capri despite the trouble they gave us last time, Napoli beating Verona closely, Juventus winning against Torino, Lazio to beat Udinese, and Milan to beat Sampdoria.

Winner of Lazio/Udinese goes against winner of Juventus/Torino, Inter/Cagliari goes against Napoli/Verona. Roma/Spezia goes to play Genoa/Alessandria. Sampdoria/Milan faces Capri/Fiorentina.

Winner of each moves to Quarter Finals.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Soulex posted:

Fiorentina also are in a do or die situation in the EL. If we don't win this, we can be eliminated, which would give us more effort towards a scudetto. I'd be pissed, but I'd rather take home a Scudetto than a 5th place EL spot. Granted a draw could see us through, but there is a chance that Poznan beat Basel and we have our head to head disrupted. Don't want to chance it.

We're actually not that bad in EL, a draw will see us through since we won 2-0 and lost 2-1 to Lech, so the direct clashes favour us (and they're the first criteria).

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

It's Carpi, not Capri (though they are both places in Italy!) and the Lega Pro, not Serie Pro. If I remember right, Cip supports Atalanta because he lives in Bergamo!

Ballardini's about to get canned, he supposedly has until Saturday but we all know Zamparini wont wait that long.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

I think in this thread we hardly ever do the "calling everyone a plastic" thing. Elsewhere in this forum a big post explaining why you chose a club a continent away to support will be met with "lol try hard plastic", but I find it really interesting to hear the story of how folks half a world away managed to make a connection with a club.

I think I've told this before, but when I was 7 there was this little thing called the 1990 World Cup and this wonderful thing happened

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXNS4kOHio4

After the cup I was both really interested in Italy, a fan of Toto Schillaci and in love with black and white stripes so Juve was a natural way for me to go, always watched them when the one Serie A weekend match we got on local TV was a Juve match.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I'm going to be in Milan in late March coinciding with an AC Milan home match. What's the best way to go about getting tickets?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

highme posted:

I'm going to be in Milan in late March coinciding with an AC Milan home match. What's the best way to go about getting tickets?
just go to the ticket office, no one goes to games in italy

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

straight up brolic posted:

Sounds easy enough.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Plastics in the US generally go for EPL or La Liga teams, with a few Bundesliga fans. If you bother with Serie A, you're more interested than the usual bandwagoner.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

lol this, it's true, especially since Milan will be in 15th by then. Bring your passport as they may ask to see it.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i still like and believe in rudi but lol

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

It's Carpi, not Capri (though they are both places in Italy!) and the Lega Pro, not Serie Pro. If I remember right, Cip supports Atalanta because he lives in Bergamo!

Ballardini's about to get canned, he supposedly has until Saturday but we all know Zamparini wont wait that long.

No I support Milan but I've gotten really bitter about it and Berlusconi (I hated him before too).
I just live in Bergamo, I don't support Atalanta.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Homework Explainer posted:

i still like and believe in rudi but lol
i think the team's shot for confidence/motivation and need some one with new ideas. Garcia is a good manager,

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
The Roma fans are pissed about this half-rear end play.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Roma may actually get a competent manager now. Serie A on watch.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Roma may actually get a competent manager now. Serie A on watch.

They could have the hybrid clone of Arrigo Sacchi and Carlo Ancelotti and would still collapse by Christmas

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Gigi Galli posted:

They could have the hybrid clone of Arrigo Sacchi and Carlo Ancelotti and would still collapse by Christmas

i hope roma hire ancelotti to test this theory at least in part

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

I just want totti to win the scudetto before heading off into the sunset

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Roma went through to round of sixteen with 6 points, Napoli 2 years ago went out with 12. Il calcio.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

canepazzo posted:

Roma went through to round of sixteen with 6 points, Napoli 2 years ago went out with 12. Il calcio.

Roma are the first team to go through to the knockouts after conceding 16 goals, lmao

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Newest rumor is that Liverpool is in for Rossi.

Also pretty cool:

AND! IF Viola score this weekend, it'll be 23 consecutive games with a goal scored, which hasn't happened since Batistuta.

Soulex fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Dec 10, 2015

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Morata's horrendous performance on Tuesday earned him a contract extension through 2020.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

trem_two posted:

Morata's horrendous performance on Tuesday earned him a contract extension through 2020.

Normally Fiorentina concedes goals to those thatare in a slump so I'm gonna go bet some money on a Morata goal on sunday.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

Ah, I see Allegri has brought with him The Milan Way®

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

They said on the CL broadcast that Il loving President is in Italy for this weekend's matches and told the media that he was "angry", so unless Roma thump Napoli Garcia will get fired with all the tact you'd expect from a man that grew up poor in the North End of Boston.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Another hilarious protest in Rome, this time on Lazio's side: sacks of manure have been left out outside the training grounds with a banner reading "Se nella merda ci volete affogare prima la merda ve la famo mangiare" "If you want to drown us in poo poo, first you will have to eat that poo poo".

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

canepazzo posted:

Another hilarious protest in Rome, this time on Lazio's side: sacks of manure have been left out outside the training grounds with a banner reading "Se nella merda ci volete affogare prima la merda ve la famo mangiare" "If you want to drown us in poo poo, first you will have to eat that poo poo".

:magical:

Italy is the best league.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

canepazzo posted:

Makes the roma ultras look like amateurs, haha

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
It's smells sorta bad but their training pitch looks FANTASTIC.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
*makes sick tifo of Candreva as Biff Tannen*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

trem_two posted:

*makes sick tifo of Candreva as Biff Tannen*