Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i have the mx master. it's v. good and the battery lasts weeks. if for some reason i need to use it while it's charging, the cable plugs in the front and it's still usable as a mouse.

one day perhaps apple can hope to achieve this level of design and functionality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

this poo poo looks tight as hell

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

holy poo poo

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

daedalus is kind of a weird name for something and really weird to use it with 'takes flight'

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

:pcgaming:

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Millstone posted:

iOS is losing market share to Anroid

did Samsung turn it around or....?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Necc0 posted:

did Samsung turn it around or....?

you can read it here http://www.kantarworldpanel.com/global/News/Android-Returns-to-Growth-in-Europes-Big-Five-Markets

but basically it's just that the 6s is selling slightly slower than the 6 in europe & the US

quote:

“In Europe’s big five markets, thanks to a strong performance in Italy, Spain, and France, Android showed year-over-year growth, but that OS success did not produce a clear vendor win, as different names showed strength in different countries: Huawei in Italy and Spain, and Samsung in France,” reported Carolina Milanesi, chief of research at Kantar Worldpanel ComTech. “The decline in iOS was marginal, and primarily driven by a deceleration of growth in Great Britain and Germany. Sales of the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus already represented close to a third of iOS sales in Europe’s big five markets.”

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

infernal machines posted:

i have the mx master. it's v. good and the battery lasts weeks. if for some reason i need to use it while it's charging, the cable plugs in the front and it's still usable as a mouse.

one day perhaps apple can hope to achieve this level of design and functionality

has Apple ever made a decent mouse or were they all hockey pucks

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
no apples mice have always been terrible. the best mouse they ever shipped was probably the beige ball mouse from the 90s that was like a real mouse but with only one button and no scroll. it was still a bad mouse, but it was the least bad.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

shagger was right

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
logitech's mice are all a weird kidney shape because they're meant for human hands.

apple mice are designed for some weird physics textbook spherical hand on an infinite frictionless plane

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
wow apple come on son

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

apple: best trackpads, worst mice

pcs: best mice, worst trackpads

they both have terrible keyboards, some are more terrible than others though. death to chiclet style

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i use objectively the best keyboard apple ever made. the apple extended keyboard II

mechanical bitches

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

this is the best podcast discussion of the iPad pro:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkx8gTejstA

the iPad pro discussion was put on hold so that the host could chase a flying squirrel out of his bedroom while taking video of it

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

DuckConference posted:

this is the best podcast discussion of the iPad pro:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkx8gTejstA

the iPad pro discussion was put on hold so that the host could chase a flying squirrel out of his bedroom while taking video of it

I listened to that the other day and was like why the gently caress did they bother airing this?

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

I have an intellimouse explorer 3 and it owns.

I would buy another if I could

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

computer parts posted:

you can read it here http://www.kantarworldpanel.com/global/News/Android-Returns-to-Growth-in-Europes-Big-Five-Markets

but basically it's just that the 6s is selling slightly slower than the 6 in europe & the US

i wonder how much further the downward spiral has to go before shareholders start calling for tim's ouster

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

SO DEMANDING posted:

apple: best trackpads, worst mice

pcs: best mice, worst trackpads

they both have terrible keyboards, some are more terrible than others though. death to chiclet style

but you can use any 'pc' mouse with your apple computer but you're stuck with whatever lovely trackpad your windows laptop was given

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Pissflaps posted:

but you can use any 'pc' mouse with your apple computer but you're stuck with whatever lovely trackpad your windows laptop was given

you can use any pc mouse on a pc, hth

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Pissflaps posted:

osx has weird mouse acceleration, thus pcs have the best mice

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Dodoman posted:

no that doesnt help because you didnt understand my post and/or the post i replied to you loving idiot

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Dodoman posted:

i wonder what it's like to have underdeveloped motor skills well into adulthood

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Dodoman posted:

but then you are using a pc. HTH~

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Dodoman posted:

what does the monitor button do?

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Dodoman posted:

thanks grumpy gamer, rtfm next time

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Santas Ainol Elf posted:

what does the monitor button do?
if atv is asleep it turns on your tv and wakes up atv

otherwise it goes to the home screen

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

THC posted:

if atv is asleep it turns on your tv and wakes up atv

otherwise it goes to the home screen

is it really supposed to turn on the tv? my vizio never does. it does turn off when i sleep the atv, but only sometimes

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

idk works 4 me

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

carry on then posted:

is it really supposed to turn on the tv? my vizio never does. it does turn off when i sleep the atv, but only sometimes

cec is a nightmare of nonstandard bullshit and rarely works perfectly

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

LmaoTheKid posted:

cec is a nightmare of nonstandard bullshit and rarely works perfectly

except every time you say that the 4 people it works perfectly for will come out of the woodwork

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

DuckConference posted:

except every time you say that the 4 people it works perfectly for will come out of the woodwork

my ps4, sony tv, and dvd player all work perfectly together!

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

ok well it's supposed to do that, but ymmv

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

i fully accept its vizio idiocy

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

http://www.theverge.com/2015/12/8/9872746/apple-bad-hardware-design-iphone-case-pencil-magic-mouse

OK who's the yosposter that wrote this

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

the apple tv remote works so well that if i leave it on top of the coffee table, i come home to find shadow stepped on it and turned on my atv, sony tv, and onkyo receiver on the correct input.

yeah, i might be one of those four people who hdmi-cec works for.

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

the verge is trying real hard to stop the iVerge meme that nerd dweebs keep saying about them so its been an explicit nilay patel editorial policy to try and poo poo on apple whenever they can. obv this has to be tempered cause apple products are really good and they also dont want to end up being mocked years later like this guy http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=aRelVKWbMAv0

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Pissflaps posted:

no that doesnt help because you didnt understand my post and/or the post i replied to you loving idiot

i'm sorry for hurting your feelings

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

cremnob posted:

apple products were really good

there was a factual inaccuracy in your post, i fixed it for you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?