Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will the Nightly Show be like?
This poll is closed.
A news parody, like the Daily Show 15 13.27%
A pundit satire, like the Colbert Report 7 6.19%
Something else entirely 91 80.53%
Total: 113 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Dial your Congressman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Maxwell Lord posted:

Dial your Congressman

Can I just throw a brick at him?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Rhonne posted:

Can I just throw a brick at him?

Maybe? Are you from Kentucky?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

What is it with both shows making a "why is he calling it ISIL" joke? It's not like this is anything new.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Jon Stewart's so pissed that I feel bad for laughing at even the jokes.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Jon Stewart's so pissed that I feel bad for laughing at even the jokes.

When he panned over to the table down 3 guys it was a real gut punch. Someone should kick Mitch McConnel in the dick until he passes this poo poo.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Oh man, I can't wait to get home from work and watch last night's show.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Trevor is finally on board with media bashing with that MSNBC bit. He's been holding back the big three.

The panel. :smith:

Jim Gilmore says something sort of awkward and finally got a late night talk show host to talk about him. Jim Gilmore finally understands this election.

Pillow Hat
Sep 11, 2001

What has been seen cannot be unseen.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
The daily shows jokes and material been falling a bit flat for me recently, but man, that last segment.

Pillow Hat
Sep 11, 2001

Are you referring to Jon's appearance? I can't tell if you're sarcastically (or non-sarcastically) implying that Jon is the only thing that makes it work for you.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

IRQ posted:

When he panned over to the table down 3 guys it was a real gut punch. Someone should kick Mitch McConnel in the dick until he passes this poo poo.

No, just kick him in the dick repeatedly until he's loving dead. That piece of poo poo is one of the worst human beings (?) in existence.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Does anyone know what specific kind of gamesmanship Mitch is trying to pull off with this bill? Like he seems to be trying to engineer this so that he can specifically take credit when it does get renewed but it's exploding in his face.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Apoplexy posted:

No, just kick him in the dick repeatedly until he's loving dead. That piece of poo poo is one of the worst human beings (?) in existence.

I can get behind this.

knob
May 25, 2005

knob
I was so torn about last nights episode. On one hand, it's a serious segment for a serious thing. On the other hand, it's been so long since I've heard the turtle speak

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Echo Chamber posted:

Trevor is finally on board with media bashing with that MSNBC bit. He's been holding back the big three.

That poo poo was so shameful there's no way you could hold back on that one.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

raditts posted:

That poo poo was so shameful there's no way you could hold back on that one.

I'm really surprised they didn't show that shot of the reporter preparing to ramble off some statement next to the child's crib-bed-thing and then decides to rearrange the bed, putting some stuffed animals on top for extra pathos.
That was solid moment of Zen material.

When's the Zadroga bill renewal vote due, by the way?

revolther
May 27, 2008
Broadcasting a photo ID, presumably with home address, a day after broadcasting Trump say, 'we should kill the family members of terrorists' is practically inciting violence.

The media knows that's what gets people to watch them, so they'd love to facilitate more of it.

At this point I think everyone making over 60k a year is part of a conspiracy to urge on a global population decimation.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Tonight on Donald Trump Wants to Bang His Daughter

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Maxwell Lord posted:

Tonight on Donald Trump Wants to Bang His Daughter

Good loving Lord it was as squeemish as a Tosh segment with bile and gore in it.

:barf:

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
I am extremely disappointed in the Daily Show.

The obvious name for Trump is Vanilla Isis.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
"END THE FUCKERY!"

It was so good to see Jon again. His first segment made me laugh at his usual snark (especially with Rand Paul's secretary or whatever lol holy poo poo) and shake my head at how hard it was to flag down somebody to listen to his legitimate complaints.

Then his second segment when he walked over to the panel did a complete 180 into :( . It really shouldn't at this point, but it amazes me how this country can find money for something that is either insignificant or only serves to benefit old and greedy loving assholes in our government, but we consistently fail on helping those who need it most (first responders, veterans, etc). It makes me sick and irate at the same time and it's also why Jon Stewart and The Daily Show are so great especially in times like these: Cutting right through the bullshit and putting a big spotlight on what really matters.

Here's hoping Mitch McConnell has a shred of decency left in him this week.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Mo0 posted:

I am extremely disappointed in the Daily Show.

The obvious name for Trump is Vanilla Isis.

Sorry, the wrestling forum called dibs on that weeks ago as the name for John Cena after his heel turn.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Oh Snapple! posted:

Sorry, the wrestling forum called dibs on that weeks ago as the name for John Cena after his heel turn.

Like that'll ever happen.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Trumps went from something to laugh at to something to be disgusted by, it's stuff you'd expect to be happening in 1815 not 2015.

Afraid to ask... is Trump doing better or worse in the polls now?

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Dec 9, 2015

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Trumps went from something to laugh at to something to be disgusted by, it's stuff you'd expect to be happening in 1815 not 2015.

Afraid to ask... is Trump doing better or worse in the polls now?

Mixed, I think. In some places he's been outpaced by other Republicans (including, of course, Ben Carson), whilst in others...

I now know nothing about New Hampshire except it likes proving weird in US polling.

Pillow Hat
Sep 11, 2001

Holy poo poo TDS is KILLLLLING IT. What a loving excellent show. They are firing on all cylinders.

Also, that NASCAR cheese tasting bit was hilarious. I don't usually go for those types of silly asides no matter who makes them (John Oliver), but I actually laughed aloud on that.

Edit: I think this has been Trevor's best episode to date.

Pillow Hat fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Dec 9, 2015

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
it's pretty unsettling to hear about a guy wanting to bang his daughter

and it's just creepy to hear proof.

jesus loving christ.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
The first segment last night felt very much like Noah's standup, which is a good thing. The whole thing about not allowing Muslims into the states would effect him was hilarious. He is also excellent at accents.

Pillow Hat
Sep 11, 2001

Madkal posted:

He is also excellent at accents.

You may know this but he speaks at least six languages.

Edit: Eight.

Pillow Hat fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Dec 10, 2015

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Madkal posted:

He is also excellent at accents.

My wife thinks he sounds exactly like Kermit the Frog when he plays American. I can kind of hear it.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Pillow Hat posted:

Are you referring to Jon's appearance? I can't tell if you're sarcastically (or non-sarcastically) implying that Jon is the only thing that makes it work for you.
I think the first month was pretty light-handed with a lot of jokes, it felt very much like they were going for wacky and zany and easy jokes until they got up to full speed. THe tone of the humor has begun to shift noticeably, at least to me.

Illuen
Feb 18, 2011

All comedy is derived from fear.
I was lucky enough to go to tonight's taping, and it was a fantastic experience. Trevor Noah was great, and he had a great rapport with the audience. I joked with my partner that this is one of the few times I've sat through a daily show interview with an actor/actress I don't love. They also taped the intro/outro and zen for the Daily Show Global, which was a nice experience. Had a great intro segment about emojis. During the breaks he also talked seriously about the subjects today, which was interesting to hear. All in all, I am happy to report from the future that it is a great episode which had me dying with laughter.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

I feel like The Nightly Show has hit a new low when they bring on a guy from Worldstar Fight Videos for the panel as though he's worth listening to.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Sorta surprised there has been no mention of Trump wanting to talk to Bill Gates to close off the internet, which my mind still has trouble comprending that I didn't read a onion article by accident.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Oh man, that Microsoft store burn.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
I was not expecting that to derail into a desperately horny asian guy joke, but I like that guy even if the crab eating thing was kinda dumb.

Pillow Hat
Sep 11, 2001

Agreed. I'm still on the fence about Ronny. I thought his segment about voting was great, but his two prior segments I was underwhelmed by. This one was in between.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
When he started bitching about labor intensive I was fully expecting a looney toons size mallet, that was probably a bit of a letdown. Also he didn't actually seem to know how to eat crab or at least where he was gonna go with it after the prop so oh just stuff some in your mouth. The rest of it was pretty great, I think he just needs to figure out how/where to apply that spastic routine. The main problem is that sad dorky asian guy is such a clichee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
A little towel to protect my dick and balls.

• Locked thread