Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

TheKingofSprings posted:

Actually they wouldn't have had Polnareff or Iggy, would have barely known each-other let alone have developed as people and DIO probably would've murdered them all

They would've actually probably beaten Dio still, sorry to burst your bubble

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Yeah, Polnareff only hindered Jotaro against Dio. And I dunno, I kinda got the impression that it was experiencing stopped time that made Star Platinum realise its own power? So Jotaro would probably be able to fight Dio regardless.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

also dio explicitly needed that time to heal and reach his full potential. if the crew had gotten to him in a couple of days then he wouldn't have been as nearly as powerful as he was.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

also dio explicitly needed that time to heal and reach his full potential. if the crew had gotten to him in a couple of days then he wouldn't have been as nearly as powerful as he was.

Yeah, DIO's plan is actually really smart. It's reasonable to assume he's unbeatable with full mastery over The World, so just send a bunch of evil Stand users to sandbag the Joestar group. They might get lucky and kill some of them for you, but the main goal is just to slow them down as much as possible. DIO learned his lesson, he is not underestimating a Joestar this time, and every day extra they take means he can stay in the frozen time a little longer.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Prison Warden posted:

Yeah, Polnareff only hindered Jotaro against Dio.
If not for Polnareff, Jotaro never would've realized he could stop and restart the human heart, meaning Polnareff is directly responsible for Joseph surviving.

:colbert:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

hoobajoo posted:

Yeah, DIO's plan is actually really smart. It's reasonable to assume he's unbeatable with full mastery over The World, so just send a bunch of evil Stand users to sandbag the Joestar group. They might get lucky and kill some of them for you, but the main goal is just to slow them down as much as possible. DIO learned his lesson, he is not underestimating a Joestar this time, and every day extra they take means he can stay in the frozen time a little longer.

Now I just want to see how a giant brawl between stand users messing each other and a 2-second DIO would work out. Maybe a Tactical Iggy Drop with a ton of sand over DIO's mansion could be involved.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
So are we still on break? Because on a re-read we just ended on one of the biggest cliffhangers in Jojolion and it's killing me.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here

Wild Horses posted:

So are we still on break? Because on a re-read we just ended on one of the biggest cliffhangers in Jojolion and it's killing me.

Chapters come out on the 19th of the month.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Weather Report:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQyM4k-MxdQ

Weather Report has the Mark of the Jostar and the snail move is still the best thing the game has produced

Funny Valentine:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qnYJ0eGZ8E

Shirtless Valentine is not an alt costume and it seriously hampered my interest

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
While the lack of shirtless valentine is a crime against nature, both Valentine and Weather seem like they’re super cool to play. So many of the characters actually seem really unique and fun, I’m surprised they included the seemingly most boring ones in the demos.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
No fat Valentine no buy.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.

Kabanaw posted:

Chapters come out on the 19th of the month.

I'm so pumped for more body horror and possible King Crimson

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

No fat Valentine no buy.

came in to post this

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011

Bad Seafood posted:

No fat Valentine no buy.

What if Valentine has a healing super that replaces your model with a different Valentine? (Yes, I know this isn't going to happen.)

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Prison Warden posted:

Yeah, Polnareff only hindered Jotaro against Dio. And I dunno, I kinda got the impression that it was experiencing stopped time that made Star Platinum realise its own power? So Jotaro would probably be able to fight Dio regardless.

it's better in the ova because he actually distracts dio.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Stairmaster posted:

it's better in the ova because he actually distracts dio.

My theory is Dio is actually distracted by the mans weird one strap tank top. Seriously that thing throws me off why does it only have one strap.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

SeanBeansShako posted:

My theory is Dio is actually distracted by the mans weird one strap tank top. Seriously that thing throws me off why does it only have one strap.

gotta expose maximum manboob bro

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do

SeanBeansShako posted:

The 80's

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

SeanBeansShako posted:

It actually has two but Polnareff put it on wrong the first time and never thought about it again and has no idea

Everyone's been dying to tell him the whole trip, they're just waiting until right after DIO dies to be like "listen buddy, about your tank tops,"

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

alcharagia posted:

Okay, I'll be honest; for a moment there I thought they actually were gonna kill off Iggy

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

hes gonna have a bad time

least iggy got the proper fuckin' hero's sendoff unlike the ova

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'm gonna poo poo if this liveblogger has actually picked up on dio's whole thing from the 1:1 reference in dawn of sorrow

jesus christ

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

i'm gonna poo poo if this liveblogger has actually picked up on dio's whole thing from the 1:1 reference in dawn of sorrow

jesus christ

Huh could you explain this?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

MonsterEnvy posted:

Huh could you explain this?

alcharagia posted:

see because zephyr is a boss whose gimmick is that he can stop time and create elaborate knife arrangements to attack soma and every time he does that he shouts TOKI WO TOMARE! he kicked my rear end a lot so i remember that voice clip well

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Ah I had not looked at the other thread yet.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
he's gonna poo poo his pants

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I hope alcharagia legitimately has no idea Zephyr is a DIO reference.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I don't think he does yet, but he's definitely gonna pick up on it either the first time he hears "TOKI WO TOMARE" or sees the knife thing when it's not in the OP.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I feel like he might be playing to our expectations a little. The DIO fight's a meme, and the Zephyr fight seems like a specific thing to remember without knowing it's a DIO reference.

That's okay, though. I still enjoy reading his posts.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Butt Ghost posted:

I feel like he might be playing to our expectations a little. The DIO fight's a meme, and the Zephyr fight seems like a specific thing to remember without knowing it's a DIO reference.

That fight is hard if you don't understand what triggers TOKI WO TOMARE, I don't blame him for remembering it. Also he's one of the more memorable bosses from DoS, I feel.

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

EAT WELL, SLEEP WELL, SHIT WELL! THERE'S YOUR ANSWER!!

ChaosArgate posted:

I don't think he does yet, but he's definitely gonna pick up on it either the first time he hears "TOKI WO TOMARE" or sees the knife thing when it's not in the OP.

"Toki yo Tomare", damnit :|.

Just a minor pet peeve.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I think the last time I said "TOKI YO TOMARE" someone got peeved at me too. :(

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Butt Ghost posted:

Yeah I was wondering that, maybe he is just extrapolating from Dawn of Sorrow but those comments are really on the nose. Anyway, I hope he is sincere and he'll freak the gently caress out when he sees The World's true power is indeed the power to reign over the whole world!

ChaosArgate posted:

I think the last time I said "TOKI YO TOMARE" someone got peeved at me too. :(

The one which confuses me is ZA WARUDO, when he's very clearly saying ZA WALDO :confused:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

A Steampunk Gent posted:

The one which confuses me is ZA WARUDO, when he's very clearly saying ZA WALDO :confused:

That's the most literal romanization of 世界 that you can make.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
He's joking

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Baal posted:

He's joking

I wasn't joking. It's a weird one, I just went and listened again and I can kinda hear an 'r' in it but still sounds more like a 'l'. I guess it's one of those listener interpretation things, like the clones/clothes debate in Venture Bros

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Actually it's just [the] world jeez can't you read Japanese

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

That's just the way the letter R is pronounced in Japanese. It's halfway between an R and an L, and usually just romanized with an R.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah p much. That being said I'm p sure every non-Koyasu Dio has accentuated the ru pretty heavily, especially Isshin Chiba who is still best Dio voice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

I did some looking into that a while ago and I think that it's "TOKI YO! TOMARE!", as in "Time! Stop!", commanding time to stop, rather than "time" (literally "clock") being the object (as would be denoted by the "wo").

And yeah R/L is weird in Japanese, since they don't have a 'dedicated' L sound, they just use the R phonemes. From context we can be sure it's "THE WORLD" rather than "THE WALDO". Not that it's a reference which would surprise me, considering it's JoJo.