Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Scyantific posted:

E: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njDzEfCxRnk

Extended trailer, looks like they're sticking ALL of team arrow into the vacuum

Part of me hopes they don't show who dies and they leave it up to a Jason Todd-esque tumblr vote as to who dies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Gaz-L posted:

Hell, Merlyn was probably hiding the closet while Ollie and the kid played Flash.

Whizbang posted:

No, he's definitely out of the closet.

Nicely done.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Zodack posted:

How does that whole corporate espionage thing work, anyways?

Do billionaires not just have savings accounts with money people can't demand back from them or do they have to just hand over all their cash because their company got stolen?
The writers of Arrow don't care. They pretty much use "owner" and "CEO" interchangeably, and the person who has that role is able to do whatever they want with the company and its assets, but also can lose their job and have nothing any more, but only under certain arbitrary conditions. It's just as bad as the non-lethal arrows and bullets they're always using or the super-hacking and technobabble.

Xelkelvos posted:

Felicity's had enough of Ollie keeping secrets and Ollie has had a very long history of keeping very important secrets from those around him so her reaction is a bit understandable in that Ollie was being super dodgy when confronted with the evidence.
The real mystery is why she keeps believing him when he says he's not going to keep secrets any more.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
"As long as they're alive, you have something to fight for. That's what I'm taking away from you."

You'd think Dahrk would understand a motivation like "revenge", or at least that it exists.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Tiggum posted:

The writers of Arrow don't care. They pretty much use "owner" and "CEO" interchangeably, and the person who has that role is able to do whatever they want with the company and its assets, but also can lose their job and have nothing any more, but only under certain arbitrary conditions.

Well, at least sometimes there's been the token appearance of a Board Of Directors that the owner/ceo sort of-but-not-really answer to.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Tiggum posted:

The writers of Arrow don't care.

It's just as bad as the non-lethal arrows and bullets they're always using or the super-hacking and technobabble.

Yeah, at the end of the day I know this but it's still frustrating to try to watch a serious (well, more serious than Flash) cape show and have "because it has to happen for the plot" moments happen.

On the topic of nonlethal arrows, I do not understand why Oliver is so caught up on him and Thea not killing people, ever, when Diggle probably drops four or five people per night / episode. I mean, hell, in the Brick scene he goes for a headshot. Why is Ollie so assblasted over the Queens not killing people but he's okay with Diggle doing it?

At the end of the day it's a TV show and we should all expect these inconsistencies but the way it is fed to me through the show is just silly. I'm not to season 4 quite yet but I have far passed the point of "Felicity goes from sort of charming to absolutely unbearable".

The other thing I hate is them milking the "secret keeping" for drama. Why can no one understand that some secrets are best kept? I don't demand total exposure from my loved ones or friends. Sure, there are secrets that shouldn't have been kept in the show, but those are far outweighed by the things that are kept hidden for reasons with pretty good intentions.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Angry Walrus posted:

"As long as they're alive, you have something to fight for. That's what I'm taking away from you."

You'd think Dahrk would understand a motivation like "revenge", or at least that it exists.

Once he's destroyed everyone and everything he loves, he'll drive an arrow through his eye.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Longbaugh01 posted:

Well, at least sometimes there's been the token appearance of a Board Of Directors that the owner/ceo sort of-but-not-really answer to.

If there's one thing I want to see in my superhero TV shows, it's the board of directors undergoing proper procedure to oust a CEO they feel harms their interests, then buying out any constituent shares said CEO might control to remove their influence from board decisions, then watching that hero consult with his financial team to properly invest these liquid assets where most effective with respect to his existing holdings and to any capital gains or other owed taxes.

The most exciting television possible.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
I'm loving this pendulum swing on how much people like/dislike Felicity.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Felicity is awesome when she is bragging about her Magnet Arrow while talking over an open mic then stuttering in embarrassment when she realizes people can hear her. She is less awesome when she is in full "BUT OLIVER :qq: " mode.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

It's because she's a legitimately great character who is occasionally sabotaged by the writing. Except for last year, when she was constantly sabotaged by the writing.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's more like the opposite. Trying to make her a character is what makes her terrible. Leave her the funny quip robot.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Longbaugh01 posted:

I'm loving this pendulum swing on how much people like/dislike Felicity.

I never really liked her when she was just a plot device, less so as a main character.

Yes, even as Goth Über-Hacker.

She has moments I enjoy, but overall she's terrible and feels wedged into the show.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
How about those bird persons? Looking forward to when they die in Legends for the third time in one season, and Rip sighs and grabs two incarnations from yet another time.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

For gently caress's sake, did nobody think to sweep up the ashes of the 4000 year old magical bad guy? You idiots. At least Malc went back and got him some Instant Bad Guy in a Can. Although he left quite a lot still on the floor.

And Ollie should just tell Felicity and then not tell his kid's mum that he told her. Then he can still have his weird playdates and nobody has to be burnt into a skeleton.

Also was not expecting all the skeletonising, I think that's the most graphic this has been so far. I guess we know why Arrow got part 2 of the crossover.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

TyrantWD posted:

I take it you haven't been introduced to Genghis Clarke.

Well aware. The 100 is probably the bleakest show on TV right now (and possibly the CW's best show). But Arrow shouldn't be taking cues from it. A lot of what people didn't like about s3 came from how dark the show got.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Oliver should tell Diggle, the only guy around who can keep his drat mouth shut. Also more excuses to drink whisky and bro it up

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

They should pull a Flash and have Oliver tell everyone EXCEPT Felicity.

Like one day William gets a package in the mail and it says HAPPY BIRTHDAY FROM UNCLE MALCOLM!

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

Scyantific posted:

They should pull a Flash and have Oliver tell everyone EXCEPT Felicity.

Like one day William gets a package in the mail and it says HAPPY BIRTHDAY FROM UNCLE MALCOLM!

"Mom! Someone sent me a pile of ashes in the mail..."

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
The donkey is in the grave. :(

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Is there a new episode today?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yes. Midseason finale.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Yup. Midseason finale's tonight. They put out an extended trailer for it somewhere.

E:Preview clip for tonight introducing Curtis's husband, whom they are so gonna kill off.

hcreight fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Dec 9, 2015

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

hcreight posted:

Yup. Midseason finale's tonight. They put out an extended trailer for it somewhere.

E:Preview clip for tonight introducing Curtis's husband, whom they are so gonna kill off.

That play isn't fair. That play isn't fair at all :smith:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

hcreight posted:

H seems nice, it's a shame when Dahrk eats his soul :smith:

Also that's some Grade A Felicity Babble :allears:

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Another Felicity in the making, my god

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Approval up 10 points yay.

Wait now it's down 30.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

These flashbacks remain terrible

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Have we always known that a guy named Speed Weed works on this show? Like is this just a fact that we accepted long ago and I just missed it?

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

That's a terrible hiding spot Ollie

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Spergatory posted:

Have we always known that a guy named Speed Weed works on this show? Like is this just a fact that we accepted long ago and I just missed it?

He's new this season I think.

Felicity Mom's dreidel sweater was legit.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Well this show feels like it's actually having a mid season finale so far.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Felicity's expression when her mom showed her the ring was great.

Also Damian Darkh has a literal death stare.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

So, will the writers take the easy way out and have one of the drone strike victims die in surgery and that be the grave Oliver is at?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Natalya Fartz posted:

So, will the writers take the easy way out and have one of the drone strike victims die in surgery and that be the grave Oliver is at?

Barry: Sorry Ollie I missed random dudes funeral. Was on another Earth.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Ugh PC Felicity.

Also, lol@Barrowman saying "minions"

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Barrowman gets around.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Thea and Merlyn are starting to get along pretty well, honestly.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I am never going to be able to unsee this.

This whole party scene is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
This isn't gonna end well.

• Locked thread