Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

blowfish posted:

:ssh: you can destroy mods without spending gold

This thing you speak of, please teach me :stwoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

blowfish posted:

:ssh: you can destroy mods without spending gold

Tirranek posted:

yeah but the price of some of those mods makes it worth using the gold. Unless you're okay with grinding back the money you spent.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Tirranek posted:

click module slot in port, right click relevant module, click destroy instead of demount

MarsellusWallace
Nov 9, 2010

Well he doesn't WANT
to look like a bitch!

Dalael posted:

yeah but the price of some of those mods makes it worth using the gold. Unless you're okay with grinding back the money you spent.

Although, it gives you only the mod you dismounted. You can't transmogrify it into a more useful mod. Since the turret rotation one is useless, it's not really worth saving it

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

MarsellusWallace posted:

Although, it gives you only the mod you dismounted. You can't transmogrify it into a more useful mod. Since the turret rotation one is useless, it's not really worth saving it

Isn't there a ship out there that could benefit from this specific mod?

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Dalael posted:

Isn't there a ship out there that could benefit from this specific mod?

Name a time where you went, "drat, if only I reloaded slower, I would have won."

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

JuffoWup posted:

Name a time where you went, "drat, if only I reloaded slower, I would have won."

Well, I was going to bring up Minekaze and Mutsuki, before remembering that the rotation speeds got dropped a while back. Minekaze used to be up at ~50 seconds if I remember correctly, so I could certainly see taking a slight reduction in fire rate to take anything that boosted that stupidly slow speed. Though admittedly virtually all captains would probably just take a torpedo module instead so it was somewhat academic in the case of them.

On an actually current note there is some argument for equipping Yamato with the module, simply due to just how long it takes the turrets to rotate(72 seconds). Chopping ~10 seconds off that time is potentially worth adding 3 seconds to your reload time, though personal preferences of course come into play. Other than that outlier you're generally correct though.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
What do you do when the servers poo poo themselves and log you and a ton of people out of a game? Load back in with your SSD, kill the nerds who logged back in, and farm Close Quarters Expert on the nerds who didn't!

Both of my earned Close Quarters Experts have been against AFK people. This is sad.

I did learn today that people who haven't loaded into a match yet don't have their secondaries turned on. That CCE was on another Nagato who did not fire a single secondary shell at me.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Hazdoc posted:

Both of my earned Close Quarters Experts have been against AFK people. This is sad.

yea i havent gotten a single instance of that badge yet. secondaries are so innaccurate that theyre only really worthwhile on lower tier battleships for plinking at stupid destroyers who get too close. even then its gonna be your main batteries that swat them in the end

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
I did it ma, I did it!

IM FREE OF RANKED
FREE

the last game we squeaked out a victory with 4 points (literally one tick away from a draw) at time over

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Goddamn. Grats, man.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

I think my previous post was eaten by the cloud.

EDIT: Posting again made it show up. :yaycloud:

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

It is the deepest game ever. Nothing compares to its epic story.

Hazdoc posted:

I did it ma, I did it!

IM FREE OF RANKED
FREE

the last game we squeaked out a victory with 4 points (literally one tick away from a draw) at time over

Oh poo poo, I was in that miracle game. Congrats, that's a sweet way to end. You were telling me to shut-up. You were right, nice call on running the math.
Got to 2.2, then got swarmed by tier 7 shitters thinking pensacola's and colorado's belong.

Hopefully I can get a lucky run of 4 games in later tonight.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Does Superintendent work for Defensive Fire/Acoustic Search?

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

jownzy posted:

Oh poo poo, I was in that miracle game. Congrats, that's a sweet way to end. You were telling me to shut-up. You were right, nice call on running the math.
Got to 2.2, then got swarmed by tier 7 shitters thinking pensacola's and colorado's belong.

Hopefully I can get a lucky run of 4 games in later tonight.

I nearly lost that game for us too loooool
I RAMMED AN ISLAND, thank god for dispersion saving my stars

PirateBob posted:

Does Superintendent work for Defensive Fire/Acoustic Search?
Yes. It also works for Repair Party and Scout Plane/Catapult Fighter, though it doesn't change your hangar (if you have 3 planes, and lose all of them, your 4th charge will fail to launch a plane).

Hazdoc fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Dec 9, 2015

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

Boy do I love it when a high-tier cruiser sits at the bottom of the map buttfucking our carrier while everyone else is fighting and dying on the objectives, loudly complaining that we don't appreciate his help. :fuckoff:

Pseudophile
Dec 25, 2007

So, the module Gun Fire Control system only increases range at cost to dispersion, right?

Given IJN bb's already good range, would not mounting it in order to keep the guns more accurate be a decent idea, or does it affect more hidden stats that don't display with alt?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Pseudophile posted:

So, the module Gun Fire Control system only increases range at cost to dispersion, right?

Given IJN bb's already good range, would not mounting it in order to keep the guns more accurate be a decent idea, or does it affect more hidden stats that don't display with alt?

The dispersion goes up because it's measured at maximum range, whatever that is. Your dispersion at any particular distance is the same.

Pseudophile
Dec 25, 2007

wdarkk posted:

The dispersion goes up because it's measured at maximum range, whatever that is. Your dispersion at any particular distance is the same.

Makes sense, thanks.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Hazdoc posted:

I did it ma, I did it!

IM FREE OF RANKED
FREE

Congrats man! Were you using a bar of that naval supremacy soap I posted yesterday?

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

Nope hosed all the way back to 3.2. I've never seen ships die so quick on my team.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

demonR6 posted:

Congrats man! Were you using a bar of that naval supremacy soap I posted yesterday?
Naw, I gotta be a dirty seaman to hit my torps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EaY7IXLd0w
New video, this time its not me! The dude recorded hit Rank 1 that match, and what a way to secure the final kill.

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

Reconfigured my Ibuki captain (situational awareness and camouflage expert now) and had a great game. Maybe this will change my luck a bit, but I only have like 16k exp to go before Zao unlocked.

Am I crazy in considering free exp'ing through the Izumo? I'd have to spend a few bucks buying some gold, but poo poo I think that would save me what 10 million silver in the long run compared to buying the hull and all its upgrades (and then selling it after Yamato unlocked). Not to mention around 100 games stuck playing a mediocre ship with sky-high repair costs. I'll probably have the Amagi unlocked in a week or so im still a long way off from making that terrible decision.

Wow that is some pro torpedo dodging

Lakedaimon fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Dec 9, 2015

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Hazdoc posted:

Naw, I gotta be a dirty seaman to hit my torps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EaY7IXLd0w
New video, this time its not me! The dude recorded hit Rank 1 that match, and what a way to secure the final kill.

My butthole puckered a little bit there. How in the gently caress did he not get hit?

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

My butthole puckered a little bit there. How in the gently caress did he not get hit?
Russian DD hitbox is strongest!

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

That's some Ikaruga-level poo poo right there :pirate:

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
The new nvidia beta driver has some program you can not only screen share but the other dude(ette) if they have the helper program installed can control your game.. it's buggy but my nephew managed to ram my Atago into some shitter on the other team sinking us both and causing a lot of grief by the other party. It was loving glorious.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
I've reached the 15th skill point for my Kiev (soon to be Tashkent) commander. Is it worth respeccing to Concealment Expert even though it means losing 10% RoF from Basic Firing Training (because I'll only have 1 point to spend at tier 1) ?

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Hazdoc posted:

I did it ma, I did it!

IM FREE OF RANKED
FREE

Congratulations, and make sure to fly that jolly roger while being really smug about it :woop:

On that note, I just dropped back to rank 10 slowly and painfully, often being the only one with a kill on the whole team :negative:

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

PirateBob posted:

I've reached the 15th skill point for my Kiev (soon to be Tashkent) commander. Is it worth respeccing to Concealment Expert even though it means losing 10% RoF from Basic Firing Training (because I'll only have 1 point to spend at tier 1) ?

I'm not so sure on the RUS DDs. It could very well be, especially considering their large detection range to begin with. I did so when I hit 15 on my Benson (now Fletcher) commander, though. Concealment Expert is a very, very good skill, far more than Basic Firing Training, and waiting the 180k xp to get that 16th point for Concealment Expert is... daunting.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan
It seems that Russian DD's benefit more from their GOTTA GO FAST engines and their bitchin deck guns more than they do from stealth.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Hazdoc posted:

I'm not so sure on the RUS DDs. It could very well be, especially considering their large detection range to begin with. I did so when I hit 15 on my Benson (now Fletcher) commander, though. Concealment Expert is a very, very good skill, far more than Basic Firing Training, and waiting the 180k xp to get that 16th point for Concealment Expert is... daunting.

On the other hand, in a Kiev/Tashkent you're going to be firing and getting detected most of the time anyway because firing the guns increases the detection range by something crazy like 6km, making invisi-firing impossible. Having a 8.1km detection range instead of 9.0 isn't going to make much difference except when stealth-scouting, while +10% RoF is always useful, especially for winning DD duels. The 16th skill point requires 231k xp, btw.

PirateBob fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Dec 9, 2015

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

Hazdoc posted:

I did it ma, I did it!

IM FREE OF RANKED
FREE

Congrats and that Tashkent video is hilarious.

I'll be getting back into this once I finish Fallout 4.

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

Finally. :agesilaus:

Frustrating, but satisfying at the end. Actually ended on a three game win streak, which never happens to me.
It definitely got easier to win rank 5 games once most of the good players ranked out. I had used my Mogami heavily, but the Tirpitz started to really carry once the dynamic of games turned to be more BB and CA heavy.

While "grinding" rank... I finished my Mogami entirely and my Fubuki, it's really not bad for exp even if you aren't winning.

What should I do now? Finish Ibuki or not even start it?
Fletcher, Lexington, NC, Kagero? What tier 10 is the most fun to play right now?

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

jownzy posted:

What should I do now?

you've achieved your life ambition, man. nowhere to go from here. might as well just end it all with a bullet to the brain

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

I launched a spread of torpedoes at an Iowa, but right before they hit my connection drops. I log back in to see him 9km away at ~650 health, so I pop him with a volley as I run away from his cruiser buddies.

It's so ridiculous that I wonder if he was joking. But I'm leaning towards those being legit tears.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Huh. Not bad for a first win in a Myogi

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
I haven't played in a while. How are the high tier US cruisers? On paper they seem pretty samey.

Also, did they make using carriers even more of a grind? I get that one team having a carrier vs another team that didn't, but queue times for my Lexington are really long and I almost never see 2v2 carrier matches anymore.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Panfilo posted:

I haven't played in a while. How are the high tier US cruisers? On paper they seem pretty samey.

The general consensus from past threads is that the T10 rips apart anything that gets within 10km of it, but the line itself kind of peaks fun/effort-wise at the St. Louis and Omaha. The Zao is a much better cruiser.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

BIG HEADLINE posted:

but the line itself kind of peaks fun/effort-wise at the St. Louis and Omaha.

this is false. the cleveland is an amazing boat that cucks everything around it