Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

so what you're saying is, buy more gems dude?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExHumus
Aug 30, 2006

BOOM BOOM!!

Kessel posted:

sure does look like poo poo is down

Why does this poo poo always happen on WvWednesday?

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

ExHumus posted:

They are trying to finish off the job HOT started and finally take the only good thing left in the game away from us. Wednesdays with SFD.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

CLAM DOWN posted:

so what you're saying is, buy more gems dude?

We didn't buy enough gems, they had to turn the servers off for the evening to save on costs

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

ExHumus posted:

We're not buying enough gems

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.
God drat it that stupid fractal boss was almost dead. :( And I was maybe going on non-baby fractals... Why, Anet?

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

morcant posted:

God drat it that stupid fractal boss was almost dead. :( And I was maybe going on non-baby fractals... Why, Anet?

love your avatar :3:

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

morcant posted:

Just remember the happier times

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Joust posted:

its time for arbitrary screenshots of a younger time

e: load screens used to be really bloody good

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

love your avatar :3:

Thanks! It was done by a goon, modeled off a YOSPOS catte that very much looked like a vampire in one of her pictures. :3:

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Joust posted:

I took that exact picture, pls leave my hard drive

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

It's ten minutes before our typical GOON/SFD raid time and the servers are still down.

I don't expect anyone to sit around repeatedly launching GW2 to hit error 7 so consider today's shenanigans postponed

Aug 24, 2011

Kessel posted:

It's ten minutes before our typical GOON/SFD raid time and the servers are still down.

I don't expect anyone to sit around repeatedly launching GW2 to hit error 7 so consider today's shenanigans postponed

what will i do to soothe my furious tism

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Dreggon posted:

what will i do to soothe my furious tism

post aggressive tweets at anet

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
WvWednesday isn't for another 2 hours hopefully its back up by then.

Aug 24, 2011

how come i see a bunch of people playing just fine

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Dreggon posted:

how come i see a bunch of people playing just fine

don't look at them you'll catch fire

klockwerk
Jun 30, 2007

dsch

Visidan posted:

WvWednesday isn't for another 2 hours hopefully its back up by then.

Or not considering the game is dead.

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum
Game is dead

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I think if you were already in when the login servers apparently shat themselves you can still play, but if not rip sucka

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I think if you were already in when the login servers apparently shat themselves you can still play, but if not rip sucka

Nah was playing fine and then got kicked. So its just a crapshoot.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Yeah I was doing VB events, got kicked, haven't been able to log back in for over an hour. :smith:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

NapoleonAtWaterloo posted:

So its just a crapshoot.

oh okay, business as usual then

ExHumus
Aug 30, 2006

BOOM BOOM!!
Well, as of 15 minutes ago (as per a post on Reddit), ANet was still "investigating" so chances for a successful WvWednesday are starting to look slimmer and slimmer. :(

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Wildstar was merging their servers today after the F2P rush(lol) so maybe NCSoft just decided to cut their losses and merge the GW2 servers into Wildstar as well. RIP GW2 at least we'll have housing now.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Is it fixed yet, I'm almost home

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

No

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Ok we'll just roleplay WvW in mumble.

Aug 24, 2011

ill be the little spoon

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011
Well gently caress, and I could actually make it to WvWednesday tonight too :3:

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Sorry duders, we'll do it on the weekend or something.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Launcher downloading patch at 4 KB/s :stare:

Xenix
Feb 21, 2003
Use the 32 bit client for now.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Probably not the best time to put out a patch to log out everyone currently still ingame.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Probably not the best time to put out a patch to log out everyone currently still ingame.

It was probably pretty important given the downtime tonight...

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
Usually this game is so excellent at having minimal downtime. I wonder what's going on.

In the meanwhile, I found this link that showcases a lot of guild hall decorations. Those latticed plants are sooo pretty.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
When they talked about guildhalls and being able to customize em, I thought it'd be like fallout 4 and peoples lives would be consumed by decorations and layouts, but everything with guildhalls is designed to drain massive resources out of the economy so nobody bothers to spend 500g and a weeks worth of account bound currency for a set of chairs so every guildhall is nearly identical aside from the cheap or free materials.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Dec 10, 2015

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

When they talked about guildhalls and being able to customize em, I thought it'd be like fallout 4 and peoples lives would be consumed by decorations and layouts, but everything with guildhalls is designed to drain massive resources out of the economy so nobody bothers to spend 500g and a weeks worth of account bound currency for a set of chairs so every guildhall is nearly identical aside from the cheap or free materials.

it's way too big. a personalised instance house in LA or DR would have been enough, imho. Just some space where you can put JPGs on your walls, a private jukebox with PAARP, etc.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

It's really too big, also: refer to the thread title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

there were some guild halls in gw1 that were massive but all the relevant poo poo was right at hand when you spawned in and the rest was mostly there to look nice and be neat to explore. the ones in gw2 seem to try and have the best of both worlds but manage to just make it annoying, to where everything is spread around and there's somehow still way too much unused area that serves no actual purpose.

• Locked thread